Perthro Manor 3 - Escape from the Dungeons

2rnxw5y.jpg

(Continued from HERE)

Leonardo stepped down into The Dungeon. It was dark, and dank. An overgrown red spider trickled from the ceiling to the floor overhead, it's thick and hairy legs carrying it back into the shadows.

Leonardo stopped outside a heavy iron bared cell and took out a rusty key, without looking at the two students. The silence was disrupted as Leonardo put the key into the lock and with a little effort, turned it.

He pulled open the door and directed Bellatrix roughly into the cell with his wand. The snake vanished in a puff of smoke as Bellatrix was flung to the ground. Athene followed obediently, still under the imperious curse. Leonardo smirked at the two girls as he locked the door behind them.

"Have fun," he said, as Athene was released from the Imperious Curse. He walked away, his footsteps echoing in the otherwise silent dungeon.
<i></i>

Athene gasped as she was released from the Imperious, just in time to see her father disappear into the shadows.

"Oh my god, Bella!" she exclaimed, looking at her dazed friend on the floor. "What happened? What're we going to do?" Her face was was overtaken with terror. She bit her lip. "We'll starve," she moaned. "We'll freeze...we'll... we - we have to escape!" She flung herself at the bars, pulling at them with all her might. But, she knew that it was no good. She sank down to the cold stone floor with a groan.
<i></i>

Bellatrix weakly sat up with a grown, truly showing now that she was in pain, though she did not wish to show that in their previous company, trusting Athene she let many of her dark hiding curtains slowly flow away, revealing her true self. "F**k!" she said loudly. "I think most of those loud statements you just screamed were rhetorical..." she mumbled softly. "But eventually we will have to get out....though....I am curious....is this truly a punishment....this Loki character....isn't too good at truly torturing....not from what I've seen....unless...." she said taking a long wheezed breath. "...he has more planned...."

Athene bit her lip harder. "I wouldn't put it past him to have something else planned..." she trailed off. "But, I don't think he does at the moment. I mean, we're not really worth it, are we?" She burrowed her face into her hands and sighed, speaking through the gaps in her fingers. "This is just an every day punishment for me, when Loki is around."<i></i>

"Father is nearly as bad, but he's never locked me in the dungeon before." Athene looked up at Bella in despair. "How're we going to get out of here, Bella?"
<i></i>

"....magic...." she replied softly, staring at a deep crack engraved in the stony flooring. "....unless you have a better idea...."

Athene took out her wand and looked at it bitterly. "I don't know nearly enough. Can you think of any spells that could help us?"
<i></i>

Athene took a deep breath. Maybe Bella was right? Maybe they could get out of this somehow? She followed Bella's eyes to the crack in the floor. It was about a foot long, and zigzagged away from the wall. Perhaps a strong enough hit could waken the stone further, and they could break through? But then what? Athene had no idea how deep the dungeons under Perthro Manor went, although she knew that there was more than one level, and was pretty sure that they were on the one closest to ground level. They'd probbaly find themselves trapped in another cell, or just as bad, lost in the cold, dank maze...

Yet, it was all they could do, really. There was no way that they were going break through the iron bars. There were just too many warding spells on them. And Athene knew that when Loki said that they would be down here for a year, he meant it.

"Bella," Athene breathed, holding out her wand. "I need you to attack that crack with everything you've got."
<i></i>

Bellatrix sighed heavily. And in a disheartened tone said, "Remember the last time I had a wand...I couldn't think quick enough....and we got into....well....loads of sh!t..."

"Bella, who is here to tell you off for it this time? Your thinking just how the stupid Ministry and Manetaia want you to think," said Athene. She stood up and dropped the wand into Bella's lap,before crouching down next to her. "Do you really want to be trapped in here all year?"
<i></i>

Athene pouted. "Well, I don't!" she exclaimed, sitting down with a soft 'thump' and crossing her arms. "It's dark, and cold and... bloody hell, Bella, we'll starve" She didn't really think that her parents would leave them down there without sending any kind of food down regularly, but she really wanted to convince Bella to at least try.
<i></i>

"No...." she said harshly. "But from what I can tell, Loki will not allow us to die down here, if he wished to kill us, he would do it personally....he enjoys it that way... Though he is cowardice because he weakens his enemies before actually facing them, thus making certain that he has a winning advantage...."

Athene rolled her eyes. "Loki prefers to play with his food before eating it," she snapped. "He won't kill us personally, that would be too easy. He wants us to loose hope, to give up. To die pathetically, rather than with honor. Are you going to give him that satisfaction, Bella?"
<i></i>

"I am already as pathetic as you can get...and I might as well be dead....I have nothing to live for."

"Argh!" said Athene, standing up and kicking the wall, which didn't help her aggravation at all. "I can't believe you! Okay, sure, you might want to die, but what about me? I need you Bella! I'm not powerful enough to do this by myself."
<i></i>

"I am not powerful..." Bellatrix said softly, for once in her life realizing that this statement was truly true.

"Bellaaa," Athene whined. "Your more powerful than me..." she trailed off. "Please?"
<i></i>

Users who are viewing this thread

Back