Closed Patrolling Under The Night Sky

Samantha Jacobs

55' grad 🎓 | biggest heart ❤️ olivander's asst.

OOC First Name
Maria
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
ren
Wand
Fir Wand 14 1/8" Essence Of Sphinx Remains
Samantha had gotten used to her job as a Prefect for a bit now. There were many responsibilities to being a Prefect, but she had enjoyed the job. However, the Hufflepuff was always nervous for patrol nights. The girl wasn't a stern figure or didn't have the heart to tell people off. Tonight was another patrol night, and Samantha was a little tired, as she had spent the last couple of days studying, and not getting much sleep. Samantha stood on the semi-dark seventh corridor floor, waiting and keeping an eye out for her patrol partner before they could start their patrolling. The girl had the Lumos charm on, the tip of the wand being lit, as there wasn't much light throughout the corridor.

Chloë had to admit that being names a prefect was.. something else. She liked it and obviously was proud of it, but at the same time she couldn't help but to be a little scared of it at times. Mostly of the probability that she'd have to take points from her friends or even her cousin, knowing that some of them were likely to do something dumb at one point or another. Luckily, none of that had happened yet and if it did she hoped she wouldn't be the one to catch them. When it came to patrols Chloë had gotten pretty used to them by now. Even if there wasn't a whole lot going on most of the time. She enjoyed strolling around the castle with Samantha though, quite pleased with their partner assignment. "Hey." She smiled when she reached the other girl at their meeting point, both of their wands lit up for just that little bit of extra light. "You ready?"

Samantha got a little nervous once she heard some footsteps, but sighed in slight relief when she got a proper glimpse to see who it was. "Hiya Chloe" Samantha smiled gently, glad that her partner had arrived. The Hufflepuff looked around to see if there was anything out of the ordinary, which be strange if there was nothing out of the ordinary because Hogwarts was magical and there was nothing ordinary about it. Sam then looked at Chloe. "Yeah, I think so," Samantha says with a small smile, as she answered the Gryffindor Prefect's question. "How bout you? You ready?" Samantha said with a quiet giggle, the light coming from the tip of their wands illuminating the small smile that appeared from her giggle. "Where shall we be heading tonight?"

Chloë grinned when Samantha said she was ready. Even if she had gotten pretty used to patrols by now she had to admit it still felt weird every now and then. Wandering the hallways in the evening when she had spend four years being told exactly not to do so. "For sure!" She nodded confidently when Samantha returned the question to her. Sometimes she kind of wished something interesting would happen during their patrol, but at the same time that meant someone was probably doing something they weren't supposed to which meant it would end up not being fun in the end. "I figure we just do a little round? Make sure to check the sixth floor for any troublesome gryffindors." She offered, quite clearly joking at the end. Even if she was well aware there was a big part of gryffindors that might be a lot louder and prone to trouble than students from other houses, she still liked to believe they'd at least honour the curfew.

"Okay, great!" Samantha says with a small laugh. Nothing interesting had happened most of the time during Samantha's patrols, though maybe it would have been an interesting adventure to have something different happen during her patrols. The Hufflepuff nods and laughs a little at the Gryffindor's joke. "Sounds like a plan," Samantha says with a small smile and nod. She had heard that the Gryffindor's would cause some trouble, but she was slightly hopeful that there wasn't any trouble being caused tonight. "Are you enjoying your new position so far?" Samantha quietly asked Chloe, hoping to somewhat break the quietness through these halls, as well as trying to get to know a little more about her patrol partner.

Even though the castle could sometimes feel a little eerie at night Chloë had to admit there was also some sort of charm in being able to wander around the empty hallways. Especially since she couldn't help herself but to look at the sky through every other window she passed. She smiled when Samantha agreed with her, hoping they'd just have a nice and peaceful patrol as they started walking. "So far, yeah." Chloë nodded in response to Samantha's question. "Although there's also this fear in the back of my mind about what would happen if I'd catch someone I know doing something they're not supposed to." She added honestly, even if it was genuinely something she thought about a lot. Luckily, nothing like that had happened yet and she hoped it wouldn't. "It also made me seriously reconsider my time management though, so I guess that's a positive." She continued with a small chuckle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back