Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
It's Complicated
Sexual Orientation
Bisexual
Wand
Curved 16 1/2 Inch Unyielding Maple Wand with Hippogriff Feather Core
Open after Samantha posts with Skylar

Louis had signed up for the blind date thing the Brotherhood had organized without really thinking much about it, it had seemed like fun but he had expected to be paired up with another first year. Someone he could just hang out with. Maybe even someone like Crystal or Elizabella. But instead, Louis had been paired with a girl two years older than him. He didn't exactly mind, he knew Skylar was a Gryffindor and she was on the Quidditch Team which automatically made her awesome in his eyes, but he did worry a bit about her being a whole lot taller than him. Wouldn't that look weird? He knew who Skylar was, so when he spotted the older girl he approached her with a smile. "Skylar, hi!" He said, stopping in front of her. "I'm Louis, we're dates I guess." He said, feeling mildly embarrassed to say it like that. But it was true, so he quickly shook it off.

Skylar had been quite skeptical about going to the Yule Ball with someone two years younger than her, because when she'd initially signed up, she'd been expecting someone of her own age. She supposed it could have been worse, because she'd at least gotten someone from Gryffindor too, and she knew that most Gryffindor's were great to be around. Hoping that Louis would be like that too, she smoothed down her outfit before she walked into the Great Hall, already glancing around for him. But she quickly realised she didn't actually know what he looked like. A bit unsure of what she should do, she walked over to the snack table, thinking that everyone ended up there sooner or later. Just as she'd helped herself to some chocolatey snack she'd never had before, she heard her name being called.

Turning around in surprise, she realised the boy must be Louis, and she grinned, glad the boy seemed nice and fun to be around already. "Yeah, I suppose we are!" she laughed a bit in response to his comment about being dates, but knew that this was mostly just friendship 'dates' anyway, unless you were in one of the older years, which neither of them were in yet. "I've gotta admit though, while I was waiting for you, I tried some of these snacks and they're so good! I don't think I'll be leaving this table for the rest of the night!" she added with a grin. It was true that the food was really good, but she was only teasing Louis, unless he ended up liking the food as much as she did, in which case they could stay in this exact place the whole evening. "Anyway, how are you finding Hogwarts?" she asked conversationally, knowing he was a first year so he'd only been here for one semester so far. She was curious to see what he thought of it, and what he thought of being put into Gryffindor.

Louis was glad the girl seemed happy to see him. He had been a bit worried she would be frustrated at being paired with a first year, but she seemed to be really nice. Louis thought her idea of getting some snacks was a good idea, and he grabbed a few himself. He grinned. "Cool! Which one is the best?" He asked, looking over the snacks curiously before trying one. He chewed thoughtfully after her question. "It's great." He said without hesitation. "I'm trying to find cool secrets in the castle and so far I haven't found many, but some of the portraits are pretty funny when you make them mad." He said, grinning. "You're on the Quidditch team, right?" He then asked her eagerly.

Skylar smiled at the boy's enthusiasm about which snack was the best. She was certain she couldn't have asked for a better partner from the first year's, especially since it seemed he loved snacks as much as she did. "Well I haven't tried them all, but so far the chocolate logs and the chocolate frogs are my favourite!" she said with a grin. "You just can't go wrong with chocolate." she added with a slight laugh. As Louis talked about how he had been trying to find some secrets within the castle since coming to Hogwarts, Skylar grinned, liking the boy more and more. "I haven't actually explored much of the castle yet, but if you ever need a partner in crime, I'm happy to help!" she said with a grin, and she truly meant it. She was always up for some fun, and especially if it meant she could think about something other than schoolwork for a while. Most of her dormmates did really well in exams and lessons, which was great, but she often found herself a bit worried that she couldn't keep up with them. So any distraction, and especially a fun one like this, was welcome.

She snapped out of that train of thought as Louis asked whether she was on the Quidditch Team. "Oh, yeah, I am!!" she said, an excited grin appearing on her face. "I'm an alt. chaser, but hopefully in a few years I'll be on there permanently!" she added, knowing that for now the other chasers were doing a great job, and she wouldn't want to take that away from Gryffindor. "Are you thinking of trying out next year?" she asked, already thinking he'd be a great addition to the team if he did decide to try out.

Louis laughed as Skylar explained what her favorites were. "So I guess you like chocolate?" He teased, grabbing a chocolate frog for himself. "I love it too, especially chocolate frogs." He admitted. "Do you collect the cards? I do." He added, hoping that she might give him hers if she didn't. He nodded eagerly when the girl said she could be his partner in crime while exploring. "That'd be awesome." He said, figuring she knew a bunch of useful spells he hadn't learned yet. Like the unlocking spell, that would be useful.

He was glad he had been right about her being on the Quidditch team, even though she was an alternate. Still, an alternate was pretty awesome. Louis would kill for a spot like hers on the team. He nodded when she asked if he was thinking of trying out next year. "Yeah! But I don't know what position I want yet." He admitted. "They all seem so cool! I have two cousins who are much older than me, they both used to be captains of their teams." He said, though he knew it was long enough ago that Skylar wouldn't know them either. "They both played seeker, I do think that would be awesome..." He said, smiling as he imagined himself winning games left and right as the Slytherin seeker did.

Skylar smiled as Louis told her he also liked chocolate frogs, since it seemed there was a mutual love for them between every single person she'd ever met. She didn't think she could recall anyone who didn't like them, but at least it meant they were available basically everywhere as a result! "Yeah I do!" she replied with a grin as Louis asked whether she collected the cards. "I haven't gotten many yet though, but hopefully by the time I'm a seventh year I'll have almost all of them." she added with a happy smile. It was weird to think about how she was almost half way through her time at Hogwarts, but it definitely didn't feel like it yet, and it seemed like only yesterday she'd been a first year like Louis was now.

When Louis said he'd be trying out for the Quidditch Team next year she grinned, excited for the boy. "Well you never know which spots will open up, so I think it's good that you're not yet sure which position you'd want to play." she told him with a smile. She knew that she'd only wanted to play chaser ever since she'd found out about Quidditch, but the only downside to it was that the current chasers weren't that much older than her, so she knew she'd have to stay as an alternate for a few more years until they left. "That's pretty cool that your cousins were captains of the Quidditch Teams though! Which houses were they a part of?" she asked, wondering whether they were Gryffindor's like him, or some other house.

Louis was a little disappointed when Skylar said she also collected the cards. That meant she wouldn't give him hers. But then he perked up. "Well, maybe we can trade whichever ones we have double." He said, grinning. He figured he could spend more time with Skylar later in the common room, she seemed fun.

As they spoke about the Quidditch team, Louis made sure to listen closely for any advice the girl might give him. "That's true." Louis said with a grin. "What is it like to be a chaser?" It was the most common position, so it was likely that a spot like that would open up. "Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw." Louis said with a grin.

Skylar smiled as Louis asked what it was like to be a chaser. "It's so much fun!" she couldn't help but exclaim, probably a bit louder than she should have though. "It's really great to be able to work as a team, and not having the whole team relying on you is another benefit too." she laughed a bit, knowing she'd worry far too much about how she played if she was a seeker, who always seemed to have all the pressure mounted on them.

Grabbing another chocolate snack off the table, she realised just how many she'd had so far and decided they needed to move away from the table, otherwise she'd probably feel quite sick the next day. "You know, I'm beginning to think I should probably move away from the snacks table." she said with a lighthearted grin, "Do you want to go dance?" she asked, wanting to make sure he'd be ok with it before actually going there, but even if he wasn't the best dancer he didn't need to worry, because Skylar knew that she herself probably wasn't any better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back