Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Bi
Wand
Straight 12 1/2 Inch Flexible Elm Wand with Dragon Heartstring Core
Ruben dressed up nicely for this ball, he took advantage of the Christmas break to go to the villages near Hogwarts and renovate his wardrobe. One of the many thing he bought was a new suit for the Valentine's Day dance. He wondered how many of his friends were there and if Veronica was there too. He quickly noticed that Veronica was with another Slytherin friend, a girl from their year, so he didn't want to disturb. He heard there was raspberry punch so he was definitely going for a cup of that, he thought how cute it was to have a pink drink on Valentine's Day.

Saira didn’t really want to come to the dance, it wasn’t her really her style. Especially since it was Valentines themed, the decor and music were just, tacky in general. She could definitely play better music than this.

Yet, here she was, at the dance, kind of abandoned. Saira wasn’t really the dancing type, she knew she wasn’t a bad dancer, but she wasn’t the best either. And so when Lillith brought her along, Saira decided to just stay by the snack bar and have some food before going back to her dorm room. Saira approached the punch bowl and took a glass. One of her classmates, a slytherin boy approached the bowl. “Uh.. do you want me to get you some punch?” She asked as she filled her cup with a ladle.

Ruben smiled at the other girl "Sure, thank you". He had never talked to the Slytherin girl but he was sure she was a first year because he remembered her from class "Saira, right? How are you enjoying the dance?" he said still with his usual cheerful tone, there was something about dances and balls that made him extremely excited and happy.
Ruben watched as the others dance and wondered why Saira wasn't dancing "Not much of a dancer?" he questioned. He hoped Saira wasn't bothered with so many questions, he could be a little intrusive sometimes without knowing.

Saira grabbed another glass to fill it with punch. Yeah, and... Rudolph? No... Ruben, right?” Saira wasn’t the best at names, though she did recognise him. She was surprised he even knew her name. “The dance is alright, the music could definitely use some work though.” She said, showing obvious signs of distaste on her face. “Yeah, not really. Even if I was I don’t think I could dance to all of these songs.” Now Saira wished she had brought one of her instruments to the event, maybe she could play some tunes outside of the hall for those who agreed with her on the music.

Ruben smiles "Exactly, Ruben Right" he said hoping the girl would u deratand the pun. Right was a funny surname to have. He had to agree with the girl, the music wasn't his preference and he was surprised someone noticed that "Are you into music though?" he asked curiously. Ruben laughed at Saira's comment "Yeah if I danced to all these songs I wouldn't be able to leave my bed tomorrow, my legs would be so sore"

Saira chuckled a bit at the pun. She had not realised It when she confirmed his name. Saira cocked her eyebrow at the music-related question. “I play three instruments, so i’d think i’m into music.” She said, slightly amused. “Pfft.” This guy was funny alright, she’d give that to him. “I didn’t really mean all of them, i me- nevermind.” She said, trying to reply but failing as she forgot her train of thought.

Ruben got intrigued "Three instruments? That seems a lot, which are they?" he asked. He too was into music and maybe that could be what bonded him and that girl "I took piano classes in a music school when I was little, five years, completely hated it. Kinda went to music school to sing but they said my voice wasn't developed yet and that I should learn an instrument first. The good thing that came out of it is that I now have enough qualifications to teach piano lessons" he said with a laugh. He would NEVER do that, that would be just digging some of his worst memories. He had always been kinda lazy to practice piano since it wasn't something he liked so it kinda made the professor to be a little hard on him.

"Piano, guitar and violin." She said, listing them. Saira was adequate on all of them, but especially liked playing her guitar. "My parents made me learn piano and violin, from a tutor. I learned the guitar from our gardener though." Saira said, recounting the first time he taught her how to play. It was in the greenhouse when her parents were on a business trip to Italy. It was quiet except for the stray chords of the guitar and her puppy's footsteps. "Did you ever get to sing though?" She asked, curious. It would have been a waste to go to a school for singing, and then NOT learn singing.

"Well, no" he said with a laugh, it didn't bothered him a lot that he didn't "I sing often, I consider my self a self-taught person. Kinda used my music knowledge that I learned when I played to piano to perfect my singing voice but no I never took singing class. My voice has just started to change and might take a few years to be fully developed" he said. It was embarrassing when he sometimes sang in the shower and he was singing a high pitched note and suddenly his voice would trick him and suddenly break down making his high note a low, and very out of tune, note. Even though he wasn't singing for anyone he hated when that happened.

“So you can sing right?“ She asked, straight-forewardly, an idea forming in her mind. “I’ve got an idea.” She said, already getting a bit excited. “Do you want to go busking sometime? I think it would be fun.“ She asked. Saira wasn’t much of a performer but she did have her fair share of recitals. And she did also sing, sometimes. I mean, she wasn’t the world’s best singer, but she did have a pretty decent voice. “We could do it at the courtyard or something.” She wasn’t sure if a lot of people would really like their singing, but did it really matter? Most people would be terrified of performing in front of other people, but Saira was not lacking in the confidence department.

Ruben widen his eyes at the girl, one thing was singing in the shower, the other was singing to an audience. He was not comfortable with singing in public at all, he never sang for anyone he didn't knew if he was good "Well, that sounds...terrifying" he said "besides, I don't even know if I'm good at singing. I said I sing but no one ever heard me sing" he added a bit embarrassed.

“Really? I think you could do it.” Saira said, giving an encouraging smile. “Besides you won’t know ever know if you’re good if you don’t try sing infront of anyone.” It was true, Saira had people around her all the time when she played and their criticism went a long way for her. Though maybe it would be too much for other people, she wasn’t too sure. “And even if you weren’t. It’s all for fun.” She hoped she wasn’t pushing him too much, Saira knew she could be too forceful on other people.

Ruben thought for a while, it was scary to just sing to the whole school with zero preparation plus the fact where he didn't even knew if he was a good singer "What if instead of busking we actually do something bigger? Why don't we have auditions for a band? That way we could have rehearsals and we could tell in advance if I'm good or not" he said laughing. He was half joking and half serious, that idea was appealing to him but he knew that it was an idea that took a long of work and time and that was the part that he wasn't so sure if he was up to.

Saira wasn’t expecting the him to suggest anything bigger than busking, but she liked it. “You want to start a band?... That sounds fun!” She said, she knew hogwarts could use more clubs and this was kind of like a club. “Maybe we should try practicing on our own and plan a bit before doing that though.” Saira began to be excited, her brain already started to make plans. Saira was a firm believer of trying before giving up, and so she hoped that he was up to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back