Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Gay
Wand
Curved 14" Flexible Spruce Wand with Vampire Blood Core
Vader hadn’t managed to rest nearly as much as he either wanted or needed to. The events of the yuleball and after had made it near impossible for his mind to rest. Once he had gotten the film back Vader had thought he would be able to sleep, the panic, the stress, the relief all having passed but he hadn’t. He’d managed a few short bits of sleep, nothing good, nothing substantial. Not enough to make for all of the lost sleep of the last week. He didn’t know why, after all that had happened, he still hadn’t been able to rest. He’d rubbed his eyes tired, pulled at his own hair in frustration over the lack of sleep. But the sun rose again, and light streamed into the dorm and he had plans, he couldn’t rest and really he was looking forward to seeing Ava, if only because he really wanted a hug, she made him feel comfortable, she made him feel at ease. Maybe once he’d seen her, had a hug he could really rest because he needed to.
Vader rolled off his bed, careful of the film. He got dressed, putting on a large grey hoody that always somehow smelled of home and with the pictures Ava had asked for her headed to the astronomy tower. The boy took several breaks on the way up, feeling his own tiredness in every step. Maybe coffee? But that was too far away now. He got to where she had said she would be and Vader walked into the room. Closing the door firmly behind him. He looked to Ava, where it was clear she was already working away, there was paint a little everywhere. ”Hey Helene,” his voice felt heavy and laced with exhaustion but there was a part of it and him, that was so genuinely pleased to see her. He knew he looked bad, that she would immediately notice that something was wrong, and even the thought of someone caring about him like that brought tears to his exhausted face, he sniffed loudly. ”I brought the pictures,”

Ava had enjoyed spending the evening with Alice. She had enjoyed the distraction from her latest project, but it was time to get back to work. She'd been locked in the astronomy tower for several hours now, prepping and planning and preparing. Finally, she knelt on the huge, sturdy paper her papa had sent her. She had paint cans everywhere. Her hair was pulled mostly back into a messy bun, and she was already dotted with paint.

She knew Vader would be there soon and she would take a bit of a breather. She had several blankets in the corner, a cup of chocolate infused coffee enchanted to stay at that perfect hotness, some cocoa for her, and a thing of muffins Lily had made. Ava hummed the Lord of the Rings theme as she worked.

Vader entered the room and Ava 'hmm'ed at him, focused. She could finish this little section and- she froze, brush falling from her hands. She raised her eyes to look at the boy, and she just knew. She hopped up and hurried over, project forgotten. Without a word she took hold of his hoodie. Standing on tiptoe, she pulled him down. She wrapped an arm around his shoulder and buried her other hand in his hair. She snuggled her face into her neck. She didn't know what was happening, but she wasn't budging until he was ready to step away.

Vader watched Helene as she turned her attention towards him, and much like he’d thought immediately noticed that something wasn’t quite right. He stood frozen in place as she walked over to him, pulled him down somewhat and wrapped him in a tight hug. He stayed motionless for a moment before he moved his arms to be around her, lowered his head to be in beside hers and he let out a sob that had seemingly been building in him since this whole mess had begun. He clutched at her clothes with shaking hands as his whole body began shaking, he was so tired, so worn out, he couldn’t hold any of it in. It felt like this hug was the only thing keeping him upright. His eyes formed tears, but his eyes were closed as he just held on to her, burying his face into her. He sniffed loudly trying to get himself under control but couldn’t manage to let her go just yet. He tried to form some words, explain what had happened but all it ended up doing was causing a frustrated, tired sob to escape his lips as he just continue to cling on to Ava. He felt a little better from doing so, she always made him feel better but not yet enough to want to let go, though the exhaustion was beginning to seep through as he could finally relax.

Last edited:
Approved by Emzies

Ava stayed put as Vader clung to her. She began to rock them gently, humming her mother's lullaby out of habit. She didn't know why had finally pushed him over the edge, but she knew her best friend. He was her other half. She knew him better than anyone. She released him, grabbing his hands and dragging him with her to where she'd set the blankets. She lives one to the side and pulled him down with her. She sat cross legged on the blanket, pulling his head into her lap. She covered him with the blanket and threaded her fingers in his hair again, massaging his scalp. She pulled her bag closer, digging through it with one hand until she found her mother's old music box. She wound it up, smiling as it began to play. She relaxed, waiting to see if her plan would work and put the tired photographer to sleep.

Vader felt himself resist a little as she pulled away from the hug, but let her do so, too tired to really bother putting up that much of a fight with her. He let her take his hands and pull him across to where she’d set up some blankets. He stood for a moment awkwardly, rubbing his eyes with his sleeve, sniffing loudly. He allowed her to pull him down and put his head on her lap. He couldn’t help but feel a little bad, she was supposed to be doing her art work and she was having to take care of him. But, he leaned absently into her hand as she ran it through his hair. He smiled a little, a real smile and sense of relief washing over him. He watched absently as she wound up an old music box and the soft music filled the room. ”I’m sorry Helene,” he muttered tiredly, not looking up at her and just letting himself relax, relax against her soft touch. ”I don’t know why I can’t sleep any more,” he admitted softly, his eye lids felt heavy, his tone soft and sleepy, ”I’ve ruined your day,” he closed his eyes and let the music finally help him drift him to much needed sleep, his tears stopping his body’s shaking fading. When he was rested he’d be able to think a little better, a little clearer, be less negative towards himself, but first he needed to get that sleep.

If she thought Vader was at all coherent, she may have argued with him. Instead, Ava just ignored his words, watching with satisfaction as the stupid boy finally fell asleep. She sipped on her cocoa, pulling a book from her bag. She spent several hours there, content to stroke Vader's hair while she read. She nibbled on a muffin once, watching the dust dancing in the ray of afternoon sun. She dug through her bag for her camera, snapping a picture of the two of them. She put it back before yawning. Why not? She adjusted slightly and leaned down, cuddling atop Vader as best she could. Before long she fell asleep, too, hand still in his hair.

For the first time in a long while, Vader really slept, his breathing evened out, his mind quieted and he slept. He shifted a little in his sleep even that he opened his eyes a fraction. His neck was a little sore but he knew he still had his head in her lap. He hadn’t it appeared shifted much in his sleep until that moment, utterly dead to the world. Which given the week and then night he’d had likely made sense. He felt rested but in a way that he knew he needed to sleep some more, but he was awake now, though confused, how long had he been asleep, why had Ava let him sleep so long. He yawned loudly, shifting a little, stretching out his legs. He cleared his throat a little as he took in what was in front of him, it was clear that some time had passed, the light in the room had a slight evening glow and it was obvious that Ava had been awake for a little while, why had she let him sleep so much, that couldn’t be comfortable for her. He shifted slightly and turned to look up at her noting then that she too had fallen asleep. Vader probably looked a little less tired, his eyes less bloodshot and he was thankfully no longer crying. He felt a little embarrassed as he watched her sleep, this had been his fault, her sleeping now, unable to move because of him, her hand still loosely in his curls, unable to do the project she had wanted to do. His body still felt tired, he knew he should move, sit up and give helene some space, but before he could, he noticed his shifting around seemed to have perhaps also woken Helene up, ”Ava, what time is it? Is it still 2049?” he spoke, his voice rough from sleep.

Ava had been having a lovely dream when something stirred, waking her a bit. She blinked open her eyes. Where...? Oh, that's right. She bit her lip gently, arching her back to stretch it as Vader asked a question. She looked down and gave him a sleepy smile, brushing his hair from his eyes. Thank Merlin, he looked better. "It must be. You're still ugly," She teased him, leaning down and pressing a kiss to his forehead. "I've decided," She announced sleepily. "We're doing this at least twice a week. Thats the best sleep you've had in who knows how long." She ruffled his hair before freeing her hands to stretch.

Vader could help but lean in slightly as she brushed the hair from his eyes and lightly kissed his forehead. He had really needed her and her company. He rolled his eyes at her joke but found himself smiling. Feeling a little rested and at ease. He listened as she spoke, he rubbed his eyes with a slow and tired hand. He would love to spending twice a week sleeping in a room with Ava, where the music she played always sent him off to sleep, but he didn’t ever know it that was just due to his overall exhaustion in those points or if it actually helped. He did know that it had been the best sleep he’d gotten in a while, the steadiest sleep he’d gotten in a while. ”I don’t know why I can’t seem to sleep sometimes. It's not like i'm not tired, I’m always tired but I just can't sleep,” he spoke softly, honestly, his voice still rough but softened by the sleep. He propped himself up on his elbows and pulled himself into a sitting position next to her, knowing it would be worse of him to continue with his head in her lap like that. Vader was just thankful he had such a good friend with Ava who let him sleep like that when she had likely better things to do. He stretched his body out a little and heard his stomach rumble loudly reminding him sharply of how much time had passed since he’d arrived. ”I can usually handle it,” he looked at his hands instead of her, visibly guilty for having taken up her day with his sleeping, for having had to watch over him.

Ava groaned softly in contentment as she stretched her tired muscles. Vader sat up and she stretched her legs. She smiled as his stomach rumbled, reaching for his surprisingly still hot chocolate coffee and the muffins. She set the muffins in his lap and put the coffee in his hand. "Maybe you can," She informed him, grabbing his chin and making him look at her. "But I wish you wouldn't keep this to yourself so much. All I do is work on things like this project. Spending today with you, seeing you actually get some damn sleep and get better a bit, it's the best day I've had in a while. You are the most important person in the world to me, Vader Hume. Stop looking like a kicked puppy and just let me take care of you."

She smiled, finished scolding him, and kissed his cheek. She snuggled in closer, reaching into his pocket and taking the photos he'd brought. She started to leaf through them. "So," she began again. "What happened?"

Vader took the coffee and held it in his hands, a little unsure as to if coffee was really a good idea. He raised it and took a small sip, it tasted more like chocolate than coffee, that would be better for him. He lowered the cup and looked at the muffin thinking about eating it, but before he could decide she took his chin and forced him to meet her gaze. Vader listened as she spoke, knowing that he kept a lot to himself, sometimes he just couldn’t find the words. ”It’s hard Helene,” he spoke quietly nodding a little, he just found it hard to talk about things, things where he didn’t want to talk about it because of what it might end up meaning. He didn’t want to face some of it, and talking about it meant facing it. Vader managed, he could manage, most of the time. Vader had been expecting her to ask about what had happened but still sighed a little.
Vader’s grip on the coffee tightened, he didn’t move towards the muffin. He kept his gaze on the floor between them, ”After the ball, I took a seat in the entrance hall, for a little rest, the yuleball is a long night, you know? This girl took my camera when I wasn’t looking, I followed her to get it back, and then she ehh.,” he closed his eyes as he spoke, shuddering lightly as the memories poured over him again. ”She threatened to smash my camera, Helene. She held it over the edge, let it dangle there, with the film still inside. All of my work, my camera, would’ve just been gone. I had to beg her to give it back. When she did, she gave me the camera but took the film inside. All of those Yule Ball pictures, I had spent hours taking them,” Vader’s voice was shaking as he spoke, his hands were shaking too as he tightly held the cup. ”I did eventually get the film back, but I couldn’t sleep, I couldn’t calm down. What would I have done if she’d smashed my camera or if I hadn’t gotten the film back? How disappointed would the other accio members have been? How bad of a leader would it have made me? Photography and accio are all I have, Helene, and she was inches from destroying that.,”
Vader knew his lack of sleep in the week leading up to this happening had likely made it worse, but there was no changing it. ” I was so exhausted when it happened, my brain just couldn’t process any of it. I just kept panicking, even when I had the film back, I’d feel relief for a moment and then I’d think about it and start freaking out again,” He finally glanced up at her, finished saying all he needed to say about it, meeting her gaze with a sad expression on his features, expecting her to be as disappointed in him as he felt towards himself.

Ava gave him a small smile. "You don't have to talk about what's bothering you if you don't want to, Vader," She told him softly. "Just come see me. Rest. It isn't much, but it's better than this now." She put a hand on his knee, keeping it there as he spoke, telling her about what had happened. She stayed put, watching him until he was done speaking. When he finally turned to meet her gaze, she reached out and put her hand on his cheek. "Vader," She spoke softly. "What she did was horrible. But if she had done it, and destroyed it all, none of them would blame you. Or be angry at you. It would have been her fault. The others in Accio, they see how hard you work. How tired you are." She gave him a reassuring grin. "And it wouldn't matter if they did." She brushed his hair from his eyes. "Because I would be right there with you. And I would take on the world if it stood against you." She kissed his cheek, trying to guide his head onto her shoulder. It killed her inside how much everything seemed against Vader, and how he stubbornly tried to handle it on his own. She needed to think of something, fast, even if it meant following him around and physically kicking the tar out of anything and anyone that tried to do him wrong.

Vader wasn’t sure sometimes if he was in the right frame of mind to reach out. Some days he felt bad for taking any breaks because of everything he had to do, others he felt bad for taking up her time. But he nodded at her words regardless, he could try because if his sleep continued as it was, he would definitely need it. He finished telling her all that had happened and finally looking at her, expecting a few harsh words to follow, but of course there weren’t any. Ava wasn’t like that with him. He listened along as she spoke, unable to stop himself from shaking his head at what she said about accio, they would’ve hated him, it would’ve been his fault, he had so carelessly let his camera be picked up by anyone. Vader did feel somewhat reassured as she promised to stand by him no matter what happened, no one had ever had his back like she always did. He stayed still as she placed a kiss on his cheek and allowed her to guide his head to her shoulder. He let go of the coffee cup with one hand and reached out to the muffin, he tore off a small piece and put it into his mouth. He chewed softly, absentmindedly. His thoughts were whirling, but with Ava they always calmed quicker. ”Kids at my old school used to take my stuff all the time. I got good at being quicker, at holding on to my stuff better, I’m so out of practice here,” he munched at the muffin as he spoke almost absentmindedly. ”Thanks Helene, you always make me feel better,”

Fang it

Ava brought her hand up and back into Vader's hair, massaging his scalp softly. She laid her cheek against his head, silent as he ate his muffin. "Vader?" She asked after a moment. "The bullying... You've only ever mentioned it in passing." Her fingers tightened in his hair a moment. She bit her lip. "I hate it," She murmured. "I hate that anyone could do that to you. That they still do." She pressed a kiss to his hair. "Why can't everyone see what I see?" She complained. "If I find out anyone is hurting you," she growled, "I'll beat the ever living s**t out of them." She cussed, feeling a little thrill when she did. If her papa heard her speak like that, he'd kill her. But she was just so... So frustrated with the people that made Vader feel like this.

Vader appreciated her soft touch, the way she seemed to manage to relieve so much of the tension he built up with some simple touches. He hummed when she said his name, nodding a little before listening to her, he was a little surprised by her words, but warmed by them too. No one had ever stood up for him in his last school, people at Hogwarts were better at it, but it had never been put as plainly as now. When she threatened to beat up anyone who was harming him, his mind cast to Vegeta, but he couldn’t, he couldn’t tell her that was on going, because he might pick on her if she tried to stop it, or make it worse for him. He stopped eating the muffin, wiping his hand quickly on his jeans. Vader reached out and took her free hand in one of his, ”It’s okay, Ava. It’s not that bad,” he told her with an honest tone, and it really wasn’t as bad as it had been. It wasn’t fun and he appreciated that he had her now to help him but it really wasn’t as bad. He squeezed her hand lightly ”Really, this is all a fraction of how bad I know it can get but I’ll tell you if someone…” his voice faltered a little, ”If someone picks on me again,” it felt false, he just knew it would happen again and he wouldn’t be able to tell her. ”But enough about me and my sad life, did you and Alice have fun?” he shifted the conversation away from him, hoping she wouldn’t really notice.

Somehow Ava didn't quite believe Vader. But she let it go. If he wasn't ready to tell her, there was no use fighting about it. She interlocked her fingers with his, feeling oddly comfortable. "It was alright," she told him. After a moment, she untangled herself and sat up. "Here, Vader, take this." She found where the music box had fallen and pressed it into his hand. "It might help you sleep at night when it's not there." She smiled brightly at him. If it helped him, she would consider it a sacrifice worth making.

Vader appreciated that she let it go, didn’t push him into talking about it. He could at least have claimed that he didn’t want to start stressing out again when he was only now calm, but she didn’t bring it up and he was thankful to Ava for understanding. He had expected a bit more from the question he’d asked but perhaps that was really all there was to say about it. He sat up a little as she moved away from him, watching curiously as she took the music box and pressed it into his hand. He stared at it for a moment, ”I can’t take this, this is yours. It must be something important to you,” he had never really seen a nicer looking music box, and she had it with her, it must’ve been something important. ”What if you need it Helene?” he got the feeling he might lose this argument, and he was immensely thankful for any gift that could help him sleep but he didn’t want to take anything from her - even if a part of him realised it had helped him sleep and could help him sleep. But he kept his gaze on her, hopeful in showing how thankful he was at even the gesture.

Ava had expected Vader to resist. She turned to him, taking her hands around his and closing his fingers around it. "It is. It was my mother's. But you're important to me too. And if you need this to help you sleep, I will gladly give it to you." She smiled and brushed his hair from his eyes. His bed head was terrible. "When are you going to realize I would move the world for you? Don't argue with me, Vader. I have friends in Gryffindor and I'll keep putting this in your bed." She winked playfully. "Give it up, Hume. I win this one."

Vader listened to her, nodding lightly, unable to stop leaning to every touch she gave him, even if she was hopelessly brushing the blonde curls from his face. He was going to need to accept that she wasn’t going to back down about it. ”Okay, but Ava, if you need it back for any reason, just say,” he told her, making sure to meet her gaze to share how serious he was about it. He felt bad about it, it was from her mother and she was just letting him have it. He stared at the music box for moment and smiled, "Thank you Ava,” he told her sincerely looking up at her again, his words certainly meaning to stretch to more than just the little box she was giving him, to thank her for all she did for him, even when he didn't think he deserved it. Vader held the box in his hand for a moment before he put it into his jumper pocket where it would be safe and just taking the cup of coffee and muffin. He broke off a little of the muffin and ate it slowly, yawning a little as he finished the bite. he raised the still warm coffee and took a small sip, ”Are any of the pictures I brought good for your project?” he asked, there was a calm in his tone, it was laced with a little tiredness but it would take him a while to recover from the sleep deficit he had but he felt more content, safe with Ava, a little rested, with the troubles off his mind and with a music box to try to help sleep. ”I’ve been thinking about getting a new lens, to get better pictures of the night sky,”

Ava giggled. "I promise." She held up one hand and made an x over her heart with her other hand. She giggled as he thanked her. She noticed how much he'd liked being touched today, so she ran her hand lightly down his face. "You are very welcome," she responded brightly. She snuggled into his side, picking the pictures back up and starting to sift through them. She studied one, picking up her hot chocolate. She took a sip as Vader told her his thoughts and nearly choked on her drink. She quickly set her cup down, coughing roughly. She covered her mouth to hide her ear-splitting grin. Do not think about his Christmas present, Avaria. He'll see it in your face, don't do it. She turned her head, trying to hide her expression from Vader. He wasn't so tired right now, she had no idea if he'd catch it in her face.

Vader had shifted a little to allow her to press up against his side, he was eating his muffin and drinking the coffee slowly. He enjoyed the peace of the moment, all his attention stayed lazily on the food and coffee. He was a little surprised when following what he’d been thinking about for his camera when she started coughing, he looked at Ava with a confused expression. He was trying to read in her expression about what had caused it. But she turned away from him now, covering her expression from him. If the moment was at all related to what he had just expressed, he could figure out what she had done. ”You better not have Ava,” he told her with a teasing tone, though he could figure that it had likely already happened. ”Now I’m going to need to rethink what I’ve got you,” the boy told her, since if she had gotten him something like that, he would need to, to thank her for that sort of gift and for everything else. He yawned lightly before shaking his head at her. He raised the coffee to his lips and took a few long sips, smile still on his features, "And next year, I'm imposing a price limit,"

Stupid phone

Ava took a long drink of her cocoa. "I didn't!" She tried to play innocent. "It isn't-" She bit her lip. "Well, it was free, so ha ha!" She teased, poking his side. "And don't worry, I'm sure I'll love whatever it is. It's from you." She giggled, eyeing her bag speculatively. "Actually... It just came in. Papa sent it when I asked. Do you wanna come over for Christmas or do you want to do it now?" She asked. "Oh! That reminds me. I had an idea." She scooted closer, looking eager.

Vader looked at her as she managed to get to an explanation. It was free. That wasn’t that bad then, it had to be from Ava’s father then, but still. He looked to her bag as she said it was there. He didn’t have her present with him, he hadn’t been thinking about bringing things with him for her other than himself and what she needed, his mind too else where, ”I don’t have your present, so we can do it on Christmas, I’ll come over in the evening?” he told her. He took another bite of his muffin as she said she had an idea, he let the words settle for a moment as he ate the muffin, ”What is it?” the boy asked her, thinking she might’ve straight away launched into it, when she hadn’t.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back