Closed Painted Stars

Ava nodded as he voted for Christmas instead. "Okay," she chirped brightly. She scooted closer, leaning in, positively brimming with excitement. "My dad asked me what I wanted to do after school, you know, after we graduate." She grinned broadly. "And I have no idea, but!" She paused dramatically, slapping her hands over his. "Let's be roommates! We can get an apartment and you could have a studio of your own and it'll be amazing," she chattered brightly.

Vader was a little curious about what she had for him, but let it go, since she had something far more pressing to tell him. Vader smiled at her, laughing a little at her excitement and dramatics. He hadn’t given much thought to the future, he was working in his classes because he had to, had to show that he could, he didn’t know what he wanted to do with his life after school. Photography was the most obvious answer, he was good at that, he liked it a lot, but there wasn’t much money in it unless he was really good, and he wouldn’t been good enough for that, regardless, moving out of his family home and into a place with Ava. He worried momentarily how he would manage to hide his sleep patterns from her if they lived together, but he had to pray that his sleep patterns wouldn’t be this bad when he left school. The lack of sleep over a prolonged period of time wasn’t good….he nodded, ”Yeah, we should definitely do that. I don’t know about a studio, but definitely a place together,” he would need to start figuring out how to get money, perhaps he could sell his pictures? There would be time for that later. He felt himself yawn again, ”I think I need more sleep,” he said with a little laugh, he felt rested, he was still pretty tired and with the music box, maybe sleep would come easy if he tried.

Ava giggled as he agreed. "We'll just get a three-bedroom apartment!" She told him. "Convert the guest room. I'll learn how to cook, and my dad still has connections in the photography business. I can ask him stuff," She pondered. "And Arthur's mom owns a book store. I can work there over breaks, have my dad sell some of my paintings, and save up!" She clapped, giggling excitedly. "We have plenty of time! We could save up quite a bit if we try reeeeaaaallllyy hard," She nodded decisively.

Vader listened as Ava talked about how they would go about both getting this place and then how they would manage it. He was a little surprised at how quickly she was coming up with these ideas, these paths for them to take. It seemed like it would be a lot but it was something he wanted. He had a lot of concerns primarily with if it would be a good idea to live with anyone who was even a little aware of his sleeping problems. He worried because though she was giving him an active connection to the photography world, he was worried about letting everyone down with it. What if he was only good for accio and not for professional working. He didn’t know if he could make it, what would a professional photographer think of all that had happened to Vader in the last day. But he nodded, ”I can sell my pictures too, maybe,” he told her, with a lot of uncertainty in his voice, almost as if he didn’t believe they would sell. He finished the muffin and finished the rest of his coffee too, ”We’d need to find a spot for all the lego,” Vader told her with a small smile, thinking about how great it would be to also have their lego about the place.

Ava giggled. "Put together a portfolio of your pictures and I'll give it to Daddy, okay?" She clapped brightly, excitement coursing through her. She gasped at his words. "Yes!" She exclaimed, ruffling through her bag and pulling out her notebook. She scooted closer to Vader, showing him the page as she started to sketch madly. "We can put up shelves, keep them as decor. Have end tables just for the bigger models." She giggled. "It'll be awesome!"

Vader nodded, yawning a little bit as he did so. He hadn’t ever put together a portfolio, he wasn’t really sure how to go about it, but he’d do it, if it meant he got some money or some direction to help become a professional photographer. He watched as she took out some paper and pen and began to madly sketch. He put down the empty cup and leaned a little against Ava, he yawned a little and watched her, unable to help the waves of tiredness that he was beginning to experience. Even if he’d slept all day he still felt pretty exhausted. ”it’ll be amazing,” he agreed with a keen but tired tone, ”We can have plenty of space for all your pictures, to have them on all of the walls,” Vader told her, he couldn’t wait to see what she would come up in the years to come that would decorate the flat they would share once out of school.

Ava looked up to see Vader still looking tired. She readjusted everything around them, pulling the blanket a bit to try and bunch it up into something resembling a pillow before winding the music box up again. "Lay back down, Timmy," She told him. "No one will miss us if we nap a bit more." To prove her point, she flopped back down herself and held out an arm. "You have to cuddle me this time, though," She grinned playfully, teasing him a bit for falling asleep in her lap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back