Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Straight
Wand
9 inches Knotted Rowan Goblin's Blood Swishy
@Rowan Coltsfoot and @Rory Coltsfoot

cO9FISe.jpg

Location: 'The Rut' Near Otari-Wilton's Bush on the Southern part of North Island New Zealand

Ronan had just returned from a job overseas and had finished cleaning up the yard after what had seemed like years of neglect. Cosima was working late as she often did which was probably what made their relationship work so well. The little one was still at school which had given Ronan the perfect chance to actually work at home for once. The gnomes that lived in the yard had also taken the opportunity to sneak into the house which had caused another annoyance for the wand maker as he had just received an owl from his children stating that they would be able to come for dinner that evening.

Ronan was the first to admit he wasn't the best parent but he was better than some and that should count. It didn't give his children the right to live their lives separate from him as he was quickly discovering that the little one knew more about his older children's lives than he did himself. He was annoyed with Rory but felt bad for not being able to spend more time with Rowan hence why he had demanded they come over for dinner and a family meeting.
"Oy! Get back here wit dat ya little stinka!" Ronan shouted at a particularly large gnome that was trying to run off with the pot-roast he'd just finished cooking. Pulling out his wand he quickly had the bugger magically removed from the house through the window as the pot roast flew safety onto the table. "I swear if those yuggins don hurray up and git here" he complained as he checked his watch. It was still early but Ronan was tired of having to chase the buggin gnomes around the house all day and would've like to get this over with.

"Got him good, ya dad?" Rowan giggled stepping out of the green emerald flames straight out of work. Typically covered in soot and yellow hair burnt by the fringes, Rowan appeared looking a lot more decent than most days. One can say she was maturing and considers the way she dresses more often than not. And there was the fact that she was head over heels in love with her lovely, Dominic Corelli. A very tall, handsome man who has won over her heart in the course of a few years. Rowan couldn't wait to tell her dad all about him and for them to finally meet. They would've met sooner if they all weren't so extremely busy and then she knows her dad traveled a lot in his line of work. Conflicting schedules kept everyone away. "Dadaí! I've missed ya! How've ya been? Where is Cosima? Has Rory come by yet? Heard from Roxy lately?"

In the exact moment that his father toss the pesky gnome out the window, Rory jumped off his broomstick and duck just in time from the gnome nearly hitting him. "Oy, dad! Are ya trying to send me to an early grave?!" Rory shouted from outside. Rory gather his broom, balancing it over his shoulder. It was a gift from Octavia, his friend from many years ago and current girlfriend as of late. Their flying lessons had done miracle for the lad who prefers muggle transportation and anything muggle related, really. She took time and patience with Rory. Not once did she give up on him, even at times when Rory would do something at random and cause Tavia to having nearly a heart attack. She's the best. Rory have made up his mind, there was no one better than Tavia. His mom comes a good second, but his Tavia took first place! "Dad, Rowan came already?" Rory calls out walking up to the house.

Last edited:
"Hopefully he learned his lesson aye?" Ronan in response before turning and noticed that he was actually talking to someone. Typically he spent a good portion of time alone which meant that he often just spoke to himself. Even seeing the flash of green flames hadn't really caught his attention since he actually enjoyed working by green firelight when messing about with new wands for customers. Turning around he smiled his brightest smile that was typically reserved for his wife though he always had a soft spot for his eldest child. It was the only light that had came from his disastrous marriage to that witch Robyn.

"Rowan! Sweet Luv!" Ronan said with glee as he walked over to his favorite child and gave her a peck on the cheek. "Cosima's still at work, a few patients got a bad case of Dragon Pox and it's been taken up all her time" Ronan said simply as he whipped out his wand and magicked the potatoes and steamed broccoli from the kitchen so that it landed gently on the table. He heard his eldest son shout from outside Oy, if only I had better aim" he joked loudly as he opened the front door to face his son. He was sure he was forgetting something but that was often the case considering how busy he was. He pulled out a small gold pocket watch that had five hands with little pictures on them. On the edges of the pocket watch were little things such as 'at work, travelling, sick, in peril, bored outta their mind' and on each of the hands were pictures of people that had been added to it.

One had once held the picture of his ex-wife however it had sense been marked with a black spot and no longer moved unlike the other four. Ronan figured he could have just simply removed it but enjoyed leaving it at the spot marked
'hopefully dead in a gutta as a reminder of why he never spoke to her. Oddly enough two of the hands had moved from 'Travelling' to the 'Home' position leaving one with a picture of his youngest daughter still there. "Oy! anyone know why Rox is skipping school? She gonna hear it from her mother when she finds out" Ronan exclaimed as he welcomed his two children into the small dining room.

A wizard cab pulled up by the gravel road that was near the house. It was an antique, something from straight out of the 50's from the outside. Inside, it was a whole different story. The cabby enchanted to fit more than four people. At least sixteen others were in the car with Roxy. She counted. It was made to look like a stretch limbo, except it wasn't so fancy. Nothing screamed luxury about the cab. Roxy jumps out from an open door, her petite self landed on the gravel. Roxy turns as her trunk was spat out from the boot of the car. "Cheers," she leaves the trunk out there. Not at all worried about any of her possession. "DAD! I guess ya forgot about me?! Ya lousy old geezer," Roxy barked. Roxy sat right down on the ground not caring to go inside. She wasn't particularly in a rush to be all doting on and stuff. She's perfectly fine outdoors feeling the cool air wash over her.

The hand with Roxy's picture on it suddenly moved to the 'home' position which caused Ronan to jump as he turned and walked towards the door. He opened it in time to hear his daughter call out to him and noticed that her stuff was all over the lawn he'd mowed earlier. Whipping out his wand, he gave it a flick as the luggage moved towards the house. "Oy! Rox, whatcha doing here? Dropping out in ya first year?" Ronan called out as he began walking towards her. "Well doncha think ya gonna freeload off me and ya mum" he called out though his tone was far from angry. "Come on git inside ya brother and sister are already here" he said in his normal tone as he walked behind her in order to push her out of the outside and into the inside. He had no idea how he was going to explain this to Cosima, but figured Roxy was probably hungry after running away from school and all. It completely slipped his mind that the first year of school might have actually ended and that he had simply forgotten to pick her up. "Oy!" he added as he quickly pulled out a few Galleons and tossed them inside the cab for the driver. "Thanks for bringing this little yuggin troublemaker" he added quickly before turning his attention back to his youngest child.

Rowan burst out laughing hearing her half brother, Rory, scowling their father. "You should've taken the floo network, like I told ya!" She cut in and then smiles up at the man who's been missing in action. She wished work didn't keep them much away or else they wouldn't feel like it's been years since they last saw each other. "Alright, yeah, I heard that's been going around lately. I hope she's careful or she'll end up catching it too," Rowan said worried about her stepmom's well being. They got along pretty well, better than her relationship with her own mother. "Yum, everything smells good dadaí!" Rowan sat down and herself to the home cooked meal.

It wasn't long that another of her siblings arrived, the youngest one in their little clan. "Dadaí it's the end of the school year don't ya remember?!" Rowan tells her father, grabbing a butter roll to add to her plate. "Roxy, you didn't have to take a cab! I could've easily set ya up with the network. I swear it's like ya don't remember I work for that department," Rowan bit into her roll, sounding quite annoyed with the both of them. How many times did she had to tell them that? And Rory, out of the two who lives with her should know he could've easily access the network from her flat. "Afraid ya might get burnt?"

"Oy! Well ya still shoulda reminded me" Ronan scowled at his youngest daughter as he went back inside to join his other children. He was a busy man after all and didn't have time to babysit eleven year olds. "Ya both should be more like Rowan luv, she at least writes like a considerate witch" Ronan said as he sat down at the table. He did wish that she wrote to him more but he understood she had a big important job at the ministry which was something the other two couldn't say. "Come On Rox, ya must be hungry after living off bubba gum all year" Ronan said figuring they'd have to pick up some more before too long. "And you!" he pointed at Rory with a fork in hand "Next year ya betta pick up ya little sis like a good big bro, good fa nothing!" Ronan said as he took a big chunk of potatoes and stuffed it into his mouth.

Roxy is forced to her feet by the part goblin, who was a lot taller than her. Generally, that's normal in most family. Except Rory was taller than their dad because he was more like their mum when it comes to her height. "Ya old geezer, I'm nearly a third year! Ya don't know anything about me," Roxy fussed. The Slytherin slump down into a seat, after getting up on it and dramatically dropping down on her bum. "I don't need Rory to pick me up, ya see I got home on me own," Roxy roll her eyes, crossing her arms over her chest.

Rory laughs and shakes his head, "Ya a menace to society, old geezer," Rory repeats his little sister's nickname for their dad. He joins the rest of them at the dinner table. Rory serving himself a good size of food on his plate. "That's not my job, dad! I can't just take the knight bus out whenever I want to. I'm still training," there was a mix bag of truth and false in there. He was in training, but it was his job to pick up stranded individuals like sister up from school if both parents weren't too busy to pick them up. Rory had a verifiable excuse, and there was nothing his dad could do about it. "She did good on her own, look at here in one piece. Alright, Roxy!" Rory cheers.

"Oy! the disrespect around here, ya both should just listen to what I say and ignore the rest" Ronan scolded. "Ya sister is too young to be traving on her own, there are hags and whatnot out there that love gobbling firsties!" Ronan said ignoring what Roxy had said earlier. "Now I gots business in Europe for a month and Rox is coming with me, what have you two been up ta?" Ronan asked @Rory Coltsfoot and @Rowan Coltsfoot. He was sure his youngest would protest but with her mother being so busy, he couldn't trust the little yuggin to stay home and out of trouble. He'd return to find a bunch of Ministry Wizards waitin for him.

The familiar bickering was welcoming, Rowan was having a hard time eating while she laughed at her family's antics. It quiet down in time for Rowan to summon a pitcher of fruit punch for them to drink, along with several goblets for them to drink out of. Rowan filled the goblets up and sent them out to everyone with another flick of her wand. "Working, the usual dadaí. The ministry is always busy, rarely does it ever slow down," Rowan tells him. "And, I've been meaning to tell you about someone I've been seeing for a while now. A lad from another department. @Dominic Corelli, I want you to meet him. I think you would like him, dadaí. Roxy already, does."

Ronan had reached for the goblet and had taken a large gulp when Rowan spoke about dating someone from another department at the ministry. The shock caused him to spat out his beverage onto Roxy and Rory before turning on his eldest. "Whatcha mean Good fa Nothing like's him luv!?" Ronan shouted in shock. "Why's he get to meet this guy before your own parents!" Ronan began as he stood up. "I don like em! He shoulda came to me first before even talking to you luv, he's upta no good I say!" Ronan said as he turned back towards his son. "AND YOU! Whatcha playin at not telling ya ol man what she's up ta!" Ronan said loudly to Rory. "I oughta drive that bus of yours ova ya!" he shouted, his accent growing stronger as he became more angry though even with him shouting his voice really wasn't that loud and actually became a little squeaky. He then turned towards Roxy and pointed his fork at her "What secretes you keepin? Gettin married in ya first year at school!"

Rory jumped up from his chair instantly, getting sprayed of fruit punch. "Dad! The wizard grimace, shaking both his hands back and forth wildly. "Say it, don't spray it, Merlin! What's the big deal if she's dating a lad?! How old are ye, Rowan?! 30!? What is she gonna wait until she's 50 to get married?!" The wizard didn't understand's his father finding out about Rowan's boyfriend. Rory's thinking the man would be happy for the eldest to have found someone. Then again, the man is a little wacky, no wonder Roxy is the way she is. This shouldn't be a shock to Rory, but it was and he felt the need to stand up for his oldest sister. "For someone who does a lot of traveling, ya have the nerves to question our life choices!" Rory went off, pulling out his wand to clean himself and his little sister up. Surprisingly, Roxy wasn't all mad to be dripping in punch. She kept on eating, ignoring their wacky doodle of a father.

"Sexty is the preferred age for first born daughters!" Ronan responded to his son as he looked over towards his oldest daughter. "I know I've bin busey but you couldn't have told me about em first luv?" He said in a kinder voice to @Rowan Coltsfoot than how he spoke to his other children. "I'm ya dada afta all, not these good fa nuttins!" he added as he gave the other two children dirty looks. "Ya can't trust em, believe me I know" he implored to Rowan hoping that it would help her see reason in who she should be telling things to first. "Specially Good fa nothing One!" Ronan said loudly as he looked at his son again. "Whatcha you been hiding huh? Gonna marry a motorbike on us?" Ronan said as he decided turning his attention back on the boy would keep his hurt feelings more in check.

Rowan felt a good amount of fruit punch land all over her, the tiny woman stood up much like her brother wiggling her hands in disgust and shock. Typically covered in soot due to her work, Rowan didn't mind getting dirty. She was disgusted and shock more from her father's reaction. Rowan looks down at her outfit soak up the punch, and her skin getting sticky within seconds. Rowan stood in silent while her brother quarrels with their father, Rowan had no intention to intervene. "You're ridiculous! Very, very ridiculous do ya know that?!" Rowan angrily erupts, giving the wizard a taste of his own medicine. "I trust him and I love him! He is nothing but a gentleman to me, and you would know that if ya were around!" Tears stream down her face, Rowan had felt them spilling and it was too late. She whips out her wand, with a loud pop, Rowan disappears. She appears in the middle of the upstairs bathroom, and hurries to the sink to clean up and silently cry over her father's foolish behavior.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back