OOC First Name
Donna
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
In an Open Relationship
Sexual Orientation
Pansexual
Out of every animal wizards could have chosen, they chose owls. Why couldn't they think of a better way to deliver letters!? She hadn't expected to be swooped down on by the scariest thing in the world, and on the first day, she had run from the Great Hall, screaming. Today, however, she was more prepared. As soon as she heard a flutter, she ran from the Hall, but managed to not scream! Sierra stood outside the Hall for a few moments, catching her breath and looking around to make sure that an evil owl didn't decide to follow her and make a nest in her hair.

Jasper was on his way to the Great Hall when he spotted Sierra standing outside. He changed direction and walked over to her. "Hey." He greeted her. "Owls again?" He asked her with a slight smirk. He couldn't entirely fault her, he had gotten a raven instead of an owl. But friends teased each other, and he couldn't help but tease her now.

Sierra looked as she heard a voice and her eyes lit up when she saw her friend. "Jasper!" She exclaimed, nodding her head when he asked about the owls. "They flutter over your head, and they are definitely plotting to kill us! Have you seen their eyes!? And they can just swoop down and - CRSSHHHSHH!" Sierra said, making a big dramatic motion with her hands of two things colliding and crashing, as if to show that the birds will destroy them all.

Jasper snorted a little at her response. "Well, they only try to kill us once a day. At least they are punctual about it." He teased her, looping an arm across her shoulder. "They should have left by now. What about breakfast? At least we can be well fed when they return."

"Yes, that's why I know when to make my escape!" She pouted. "Are you sure they are gone? What if they're just hiding in wait? Maybe we shouldn't eat and then they won't want to eat us! But I am hungry. Can you make sure they're gone?" Sierra asked, doing her best puppy dog eyes.

Jasper chuckled and peeked into the Great Hall. "Yes, no owls. We can go in now." He turned and smiled at her. "How is it that a witch is afraid of owls, anyway? I do not particularly care for snakes, but I don't go running when they are near." He asked, putting a hand in his pocket. He was honestly intrigued.

Sierra breathed a sigh of relief. "Thanks Jasper!" Sierra said, giving him a quick hug. She started walking back into the Great Hall. "Because snakes don't come flying from the sky to kill you!" Sierra exclaimed dramatically. "Don't get me wrong, I mean, I'm a Gryffindor, I will fight those evil flappy wings until the cows come home, but if I don't have to, I'd rather not hang out with them, ya know?"

Jasper was surprised when the girl hugged him, wrinkling his nose a bit at the unexpected contact. He stuck his tongue out at her as he followed her into the Hall, listening to her explanation. "I suppose I can understand that. Though snakes do not give you the courtesy of a warning. They come out of nowhere and boom! One bite and you are quite dead." He karate chopped his hand for emphasis. "At least you'll hear the flapping of an owl."

Sierra pulled her tongue back at Jasper, before giggling. As they entered the Hall, she couldn't help but look around for the owls, or any dead bodies, but luckily there were neither. Her eyes widened as Jasper karated chopped with his hand. "Oh my merlin, you're right! Are there snakes here? Do they live with the Slytherins? I'll have to ask Slytherin Jasper..." She mused aloud, before attempting to sit back on the bench at the table, but getting her foot slightly stuck. Sierra giggled as she persuaded her foot to do what she wanted it to do when it finally did and she sat down, grinning at Jasper.

Jasper headed into the great hall to get some breakfast, he was starving! He pushed his way past some people on his way in, but stopped when he heard his name said by a familiar voice when he passed the Gryffindor table. The boy turned his head and spotted Sierra, one of his friends. "Slytherin Jasper?" He asked her, confused. "That's me! But why-" His gaze moved to the other person there, and his eyes narrowed. He recognized the other Jasper, who may be his rival for the best person with that name. "Oh."

Sierra grinned when her friend showed up. "Slytherin Jasper! This is Gryffindor Jasper! Do you have snakes in your Common Room?"

Jasper took a bite out of his food, looking between the two. There was a Slytherin Jasper? Well, just one more person he'd have to prove he was better than then. Especially since he was Jasper too. He grinned at the boy, thrilled at the idea of a rival since his original plan had fallen short of his expectations so quickly. "Hello, second me." He teased lightly, folding his hands beneath his chin.

Not caring that this wasn't his table, Jasper took a seat next to Sierra, and glanced warily at the other Jasper. He answered Sierra's question first. "Yeah, really big ones you have to fight before you can go inside the dormitory." He joked. Then he turned on the other boy, frowning a little. "I bet you're a second me. I turn twelve in December already, I bet I'm older than you." He said, a challenge clear in his voice.

Sierra opened her mouth in a gasp when Slytherin Jasper said they had to fight big snakes to get into the Common Room. "How many have you fought?" She asked in a hushed whisper, before giggling at Gryffindor Jasper's hello. "Wow, you're so old already! I only just turned eleven!" Sierra gushed, excited that she was going to be friends with an old kid.

Jasper took another bite of his breakfast. He sensed the challenge in the other boys' voice. He raised a brow as he looked at the other Jasper. "It must be terrible to be so old and still have so much yet to accomplish." He stated calmly. "That must be why there is a younger Jasper." He smiled slightly. "The original was not quite up to snuff so there just had to be another born to take his place."

Jasper couldn't believe Sierra really believed him, and even though he usually didn't correct people's assumptions, he decided to tell her he was joking. "Of course there's no real snakes." He said dismissively. The other Jasper made him angry, though, and he glared. "You can't just contradict yourself like that. First calling me second and now saying you're better because YOU'RE second." He said, picking up a fork to point at him with. "Besides, I bet you haven't been in the forest yet. I have."

"Oh." Sierra replied to Slytherin Jasper, disappointed there weren't real snakes and he wasn't going to teach her how to fight them. She raised an eyebrow at Gryffindor Jasper's statement, as she took a bite of toast, but he was smiling so they obviously had a joke about it, quickly coughing it down at Slytherin Jasper's comment about the Forest. "You've been in the Forest?! I thought we weren't allowed! That's so cool, when did you go?! Who did you go with? Can I come? Wait, are there birds in there?" Sierra added, thinking of the owls that morning.

Jasper ate his food in silence as the two in front of him chattered. He swallowed before addressing them. "Until recently I was the only Jasper. I suppose we will just have to see who is the best Jasper." He told him with a snarky grin. "As for going into the forest, every other first year is doing that. Let me know when you have done something truly special and I shall begrudgingly congratulate you." He smiled, his eyes sparkling at the thought of a challenge.

Jasper grinned, glad Sierra was impressed with him. "We're not allowed, but that's what makes it cool." He told her with a smile. "I went the first day. I went alone, but I met my friend Maddy there so we walked together." He didn't want to sound like he didn't dare to go alone. "Maybe you can come next time. But of course there are birds." The question was confusing. "It's a forest." He turned a glare at the other Jasper. "I only know one other first year who went in, and I bet she's braver than you." He said, lifting his chin up. "What sort of special thing have you done, then? If you're talking like that? I bet you'd pee your pants if you went into the forest."

Last edited:
Sierra chuckled at the brunette Jasper's words. "You're both the best Jasper!" She exclaimed, very oblivious to the apparent tension between the two of them. Sierra frowned when the blonde Jasper said that there were birds in the Forest, she'd have to bring an umbrella or something with her so they wouldn't swoop at her head. Sierra looked at the Gryffindor Jasper when the Slytherin Jasper asked him what things he had done (shaking her head slightly, confused by their names and mentally giving them nicknames), excited to hear about his adventures, when Slapper mentioned peeing pants. Sierra frowned. "Probably only if there were birds... But if we went to the toilet first then that'd be okay!!"

Jasper grinned. This time, he had the upper hand. "I sailed from Ireland to Scotland with my Da." He told the two of them with a small smile. "It took us two hours," He boasted slightly. He didn't care that his Da had made the same trip with both of his sisters, he was just proud to do something alone with him. Alone time was harder to come by so it was always cherished. "Perhaps if you come to visit us over the holidays I can take you as well," He told Sierra, though he wouldn't have minded if the other Jasper came along too. He winked at the boy. "And I am quite sure if you come as well I may be able to show you a thing or two," He teased lightly, taking a sip of his drink.

Jasper easily dismissed Sierra's words. Being the best wasn't a thing one could share with another person. He also didn't acknowledge what she said about birds, shrugging while his attention was focused on the other Jasper. The comment had been meant for him, not Sierra. The story he told about sailing from Ireland to Scotland did sound pretty cool, but he made a show of scoffing. "With your dad, that doesn't count." He said, pointing at him. "What have YOU done? Yourself. Especially since starting Hogwarts? I bet it's nothing yet." He rolled his eyes when he invited Sierra, and then invited him too but in a much less pleasant way. "No thanks, I have cool stuff to do with my own dad." He said, shrugging. It wasn't even a lie, he always spent the holidays doing cool stuff with his dad. Maybe not sailing the ocean, but Jasper cherished all the time they spent together even if they were just building blanket forts or playing football.

Sierra 'ooooh'ed when Grasper told them what he did with his dad. Sierra had never been on a boat before, never mind sailing for so long! She nodded her head emphatically when he said that he'd take her on the boat if she visited during the holidays. Slapper said he had his own cool things to do with his dad, and it gave Sierra an idea. "OOOh! Why don't we invite all our dads?! It can be like a daddy daughter dance but on a boat!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back