Out on the pitch

Estrella looked to Courtney coolly, smirking at her. "I believe we ruined their fun," she said, her expression turning to a mocking point, resulting after a few seconds in a wicked grin. Her dark eyes alight with a cruel amusement that was quite unlike her old self, she added, "The show never got to go on. Too bad, so sad."

Her wand was clutched in her hand, wishing that she had a real reason to curse Athene.

"Oh, don't worry, Estrella. One day I'll put on a show for you that will be so exciting that you'll just be dying to know how it ends," Athene sneered, glaring at Estrella. It was then that she saw her wand, nearly covered by the hem of Estrella's robes. She tightened her jaw and didn't say anything.
<i></i>

Estrella pulled out her wand into full sight, sneering at Athene and smirking at Courtney. "I can't wait to see it," she drawled sarcastically, her dark eyes alight with amusement. "I would have no idea that you had any interest in the arts."

Kat stood there in silence, watching the exchange between Athene and Estrella. She was wondering if there was going to be yet another fight, but she quickly pushed that thought from her head. Not really sure as to what she should say or do, Kat remained quiet, hoping that if she cooperated with the prefects that her detention wouldn't be too severe.

Courtney watched the display between Athene and Estrella, and was quite displeased. She coughed a bit, hoping to catch the attention of Estrella. "So, what do you think? Have these two broken the school rules enough to land themselves in detention?"

"I think Katalina has," said Athene confidently, shooting the Gryffindor a cold glare. "I, however, was just acting in self defense."
<i></i>

Kat knew that Athene was right. She had indeed started the physical fighting, but she just couldn't help it, she genuinely loathed Athene and that girl brought out the worst in her. She sat there and glared at the Slytherin, hating her even more. "I'll take whatever detention you give me, it was worth it getting to hit her." Kat spat angrily. I'd most likely do it again too. she thought to herself.

Estrella's dark eyes moved to Courtney, her voice drawling as she looked back on Katalina and Athene. "Either detention for both or none at all," she said, knowing well enough how aggravating Athene could be. "I guess that could be left up to you- I don't really care either way."

Her expression was cold, compassion devoid from her face.

"Hmmm, I didn't see everything that happened, but from the way things are sounding, these two second year students are still bickering." Courtney observed, speaking to all that were present. "You would think that by now they would have understood that fighting is frowned upon here at Hogwarts New Zealand. Anyways, maybe a detention is not necessary, but apologies are."

Katalina felt her heart drop to the pit of her stomach when Courtney mentioned apologizing. I'd rather have the detention! she thought in all seriousness. "Fine i'll go first. Athene i'm sorry that you're a foul lousy excuse of a witch." She turned to Courtney with a look of contempt on her face and said, "There I apologized. Can I go now?" As soon as the words had escaped her lips she regretted it. She didn't want to make her friend mad at her, but she really just wanted this whole day to be over and done with.

Estrella inwardly thought what Katalina had said was intensely amusing, but in a non personal setting she had to play the Prefect that she was. She chose to ignore Katalina's statement, waiting for Athene's apology. This is going to be good, she thought to herself.

Athene gritted her teeth, and stuck her nose in the air as she glared at Katalina. "Vanderhol, I'm sorry that I didn't hit you any harder," she spat, not caring any more whether she got a detention or not. God, she hated people like Katalina. Pathetic.
<i></i>

Courtney was not impressed with the responses from both Katalina and Athene. A couple of years ago, she may have thought they were funny, but now she was just frustrated with the two girls. And here I thought Katalina was mature enough to help lead a student club. "Well Estrella, maybe we should just refer them to their heads of house and let the professors deal with them both."

Katalina started feeling slightly panicky and tried not to show it, though her face was showing it poorly. The small goal that she'd been working towards, becoming a prefect next year, was in jeopardy right at this moment. She'd just have to be the bigger person and put her pride on the back burner for the time being. With knots in her stomach she looked at Athene and said through gritted teeth, "I'm sorry." The words nearly gagged her, but she knew it was for her own good to say them. Kat then turned to Courtney said apoligetically, "I didn't mean to be rude to you. I'm sorry." She hoped that Courtney wouldn't hold any grudges against her.

"That might be preferable-" Estrella started, but ceased her drawling tone as the Gryffindor girl sucked it up and apologized. Looking to Athene slowly and then back to Courtney, she said, "If Perthro can act the part of a truly mature twelve year old as Vanderhol has," she smirked a bit, "I might consider referral to Heads of Houses not necessary; wouldn't you?"

Her tone was a blend of bitterness and amusement, her eyes possessing the consistency of stone as they fell back on Athene.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back