Out on the pitch

Athene Perthro

((OoC: Join upon request))

Athene stepped out onto the pitch with her new Emerald Streak clasped firmly in her little fingers. She hadn't been here to fly before, and from down here, it looked so much bigger than it did from up in the stands. She looked around in awe, and imagined that the stands were full of cheering houses, and that she was clad in the Slytherin Quidditch uniform. She smiled.
<i></i>

Kat practically ran down to the pitch after having finished all of her homework assignments early. She hadn't had a chance to use her new Scarlet Streak that her father had bought for her at the end of last term and was dying to try it out. Plus, she was wanting to get in some flying time before Gryffindor had their first official practice. She stepped out onto the pitch when she realized that she wasn't alone. Upon closer inspection Kat noticed that it was Athene. Oh bloody hell! she thought to herself. At first she considered turning back, but the decided it against it. I shouldn't let her ruin a perfect day for flying.

Athene stopped rotating when she realized that someone alse had come out onto the pitch. Perhaps a Slytherin she could fly with? However, she scowled as the person got closer, and so became clearer. It was Katalina.

"What are you doing out here?" she spat, crossing her arms. She didn't want to share the pitch with a Gryffindor!
<i></i>

Kat glared at the girl and replied, "I don't think I have to answer to you last time I checked, so it's really none of your business what i'm doing here."

She had never had such a hatred for another living soul as she did for Athene and she could already feel the anger boiling inside of her, threatening to spill over.

Athene scowled. She knew that Katalina flew on the Gryffindor Quidditch team. Athene considered herself a fairly good flyer, but she was out of practice. She didn't want to make a fool of herself in front of this girl.

Somehow, Katalina always managed to make Athene angry. She wasn't entirely sure what it was about her classmate that she loathed, but she couldn't help clenching her fists and glaring.

"Well, it's good that you got a new broom," she sneered, unsure what else to say in her defense. "I always wondered how you used to get off of the ground on that piece of rubbish you had last year."
<i></i>

Kat's gaze narrowed in on Athene, almost as if she were burning a hole right through the girl. "At least I had a broom to ride last year and a team that wanted me," she spat back bitterly. It was true that Kat had never had some of the nicer things, but now she had a top of the line broom and was ready to make her team proud.

"You really do get more rude and unbearable each time I see you, you know that. You really are a peice of work you are." Kat added harshly, though she doubted it would even phase Athene at all. She probably knew that she was a pain in the arse and probably didn't care either.

((this is my last post of the evening!! i will be back on in the morning!))

Athene snorted, and waved her hand away dismissively. "I didn't even try out last year," she said, rolling her eyes. "I had better things to do."

Her lips quirked into a smirk as Katalina continued, and she stepped forward and lifted her chin a little. "I must be doing something right, then."

<i></i>

"So i'm assuming that this means that you don't have anything better to do this year then." Kat replied sarcastically as she glared even harder at Athene. Little twit. she thought to herself as she gritted her teeth.

Kat considered Athene's second statement as the girl stepped in closer. "Well if making people loathe you was your aim then i'd say you've pretty much got that covered." said Kat giving Athene a 'thumbs up' as to mock her.

"I'm glad we agree on something," snapped Athene, her face screwed up in disgust. "Actually, I take it back. The less I have in common with someone like you the better. Stupid Gryffindors."
<i></i>

"What in the bloody name of Merlin makes you think that you are so much better than everyone. Why do you have such a hatred for people that are different from you?" Kat practically barked at the girl. "You are so closed minded and it's people like you that give Slytherin's a bad name." she added heatedly. She had never understood the hatred that some had for people in different houses.

Athene sniffed. "I never said I was better than you. I just don't like you," she replied, absently tapping a finger against her broom. "Although I probably am better than you... At least I'm not proud and stupid."
<i></i>

((sorry this has taken like FOREVER, but i've just now been able to get on long enough to actually reply to any RP's))

Kat had to pull all the restraint she had within her not to punch Athene in the face. She could feel her whole face, even her ears going scarlett. Oh for the love of Albus Dumbledore, what did I ever do to her? she thought angrily to herself. "Well i'm not exactly fond of you either sweety. In fact i'd even go so far as to say that I loathe you." Kat snapped back at the girl. "And i'm no where close to being stupid either. I'll bet my grades are far better than your's have ever been." she spat bitterly at the insenuation that she was unintelligent.

[Sorry, I hadn't realized that you had replied. Oops.]

Athene laughed loudly. "I'd bet that your grades are better than mine too, but that doesn't prove that you are any smarter than me. I probably have a thousand times the common sense that you do in your tiny Gryffindor brain."

Athene walked began to walk away from Katalina, towards the middle of the pitch. She turned back and waved mockingly at her, and flung a leg over her Emerald Streak..
<i></i>

Kat had had entirely enough of this little Slytherin twit. The anger she'd been feeling had finally boiled over and something inside of Kat snapped. She ran up behind Athene and shoved her hard, hoping to knock her off the broom she'd just mounted.

Athene turned back to say something else to Katalina just in time to see the other girl leap out of nowhere and shove her hard in the chest. Athene stumbled and fell, and her broom whizzed out from beneath her, but she didn't have a chance to see where it was going. She hit the ground hard, but at the same time took a swipe at Katalina's feet, with the intention of tripping her up too.
<i></i>

Kat saw the girl trying to trip her, but not fast enough. She fell face first onto the ground, causing her to bite her cheek and she tasted the blood in her mouth. Little b1tch! Kat thought angrily as she pushed herself up to a sitting position before heaving herself at Athene, arms flailing with the intention of hitting the girl.

Athene took Katalina's clumsy punches - one hitting the side of her head, and she was pummeled backwards again, with Katalina still hitting her and practically on top of her.

Just as Katalina flailed her arms around, Athene did the same with her legs, trying to force Katalina to back of so that she could aim an accurate punch. She had completely forgotten about her wand, and didn't think on it for a second.
<i></i>

Kat got a few hits in on Athene, but was hit in the stomach when the girl kicked at her. The wind had been knocked out of her as she fell backwards holding her stomach, trying hard to catch her breath.

Kat rolled over and pushed herself up to where she was being supported on her hands and knee. She coughed a few times and took several deep breaths in. If she didn't hate Athene before, then there was no doubt about it, she defintely hated her now.

Athene scrambled to her feet, feeling a little dizzy and a little sick. She glared hard at Katalina. "Stupid, half blood, Gryffindor cow," she spat, fumbling in her robes for her wand.
<i></i>

Kat slowly got up to a standing position, still feeling a bit winded. She saw Athene digging in her robes and knew exactly what for. She instinctually reached for her wand and withdrew it. "Don't even think about it you worthless Slytherin twit." she spat bitterly. Kat prayed that she wouldn't have to use her wand, but if she did it would all be in self defense.

Estrella had been looking forward to a peaceful broom ride on all her lonesome, Amethyst Streak clutched in her hand. Her Ravenclaw robes lapped about her heels as she strolled onto the Quidditch Pitch, her expression blank and quite uninviting. She had been expecting to be alone on the pitch, but it was not so, as she observed two girls seemingly locked in a battle.

She watched as the fighting escalated to to the two girls pulling out wands, and deciding that this was quite enough and it was her duty as prefect to break up the fight, she approached the two.

Her voice dropping an octave, she intoned coldly, "That's quite enough," her expression filled with disdain as she observed the two girls. She recognized them both, the despicable Slytherin Athene who also happened to be her cousin and Katalina, the girl she had helped out with Charms last year. Standing at her full height and looking down at them, she waited for a response, obviously expecting them to stop. She gripped her own wand in her pocket, her prefect's badge gleaming on her chest.

Courtney walked out onto the Quidditch Pitch, hoping to get some flying time in before calling the first Ravenclaw team practice. But, instead of finding an empty pitch, Courtney noticed that Estrella, Katalina, and Athene were already out there. The two second year girls seemed to be fighting. Man, this is the second fight I've found myself stepping in on.

Courtney walked closer to where they were located and stood beside Estrella. "Has it been an exciting show so far?" Courtney asked, rolling her eyes at the two second year students.

Katalina and Athene's little pow-wow had been cut short when Estrella and Courtney had happened upon the two of them. She lowered her wand quickly, knowing that they'd most likely seen the whole thing. Why did you have to start a fight? You should have just walked away. You're going to get detention for sure now! she scolded herself silently. Kat dropped her head in shame knowing that this wasn't a good predicament to be in.

At the sight of Estrella, Athene didn't bother to stop looking for her wand. In fact, she was now even more desperate to find it and have it in her hands. But, it wasn't there! Athene glanced around quickly, searching the grass for it.

When another Prefect arrived, however, she got distracted. She didn't want detention unless it was for cursing Estrella or Katalina, and she really didn't want to do that with another Prefect around.

<i></i>

Users who are viewing this thread

Back