Out of Sorts

Freya Heimdall

OOC First Name
Kim
Wand
Mahogany Wand 16" Essence of Phoenix Feather
Freya stood at the wide bay window in her room, looking out over the mist enveloped forest where she played for hours as a little girl. It was her childhood play ground and now as an adult it was a source of comfort and a secret keeper for her daily trials and tribulations.

Today her secret was the usual. Conor had returned home months ago but was distant and they had yet to discuss the reasons behind his leaving. He was gone for a year and returned home one evening as if he had simply been out at the shops for the day. They needed to discuss the fight they had the day he found out she had killed his brother.

They had to talk, she had to know what he was thinking, if they still had a marriage. But how do you broach that question? "Hey honey, remember when I poisoned your brother? Are you still mad at me?" She shook her head knowing that was not the way to fix things.

A tear slowly trickled down her cheek as turned from the window. Behind her stood Conor. "How long have you been there?" she whispered.

Conor closed the distance between himself and Freya. His strong hand gently brushed the tear from her cheek. His dark brown eyes absorbing the look of her. His heart broke as he leaned in to place as soft kiss on her lips. "We need to talk." was all he said before turning and heading out the door to the study.

Freya followed Conor from the study to what used to be their bedroom. She both feared and welcomed this chat. Would he forgive her or was their love and relationship irreparably damaged.

Once in private Conor turned to face her. Watching each other, the silence grew between them. Finally Freya could stand it no longer. "You wanted to speak?" she whispered tentatively.

Conor's shoulders visibly melted into his body. He tried to stay strong but his resolve crumbled to pieces by simply looking into her eyes. "I understand." was all he said. He then slumped down into a chair by the fire and sighed.

A look of confusion crossed Freya's face. This was not what she expected Conor to say. "You understand? What do mean you understand?" her voice a mixture of anger and shock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back