Out in the open at last

Anouk Elir

Wand
Oak 14 3/4" Essence of Raven Feather
Looking down at her feet as she made her way through the garden, Anouk sighed. Tilting her head up she took in the surroundings, drawing in a deep breath of the garden air.

"Ahhh, free at last" She said outloud to herself, sick of wandering in the sometimes crowded corridors of the school.

She made her way to a cosy looking tree, taking a seat with her back agaisnt the trunk. She settled herself comfterbly, looking around the gardens wondering if anything interesting would happen today.

Scorpius walked to the garden once more after his lessons and noticed a girl he saw around his common room. He walked up to her and said, "Hey, mind if I join you?"

She shuffled over as he apraoched, amking from for him as she patted the ground next to her.

"Sure take a seat" she said in a relaxed tone.

Looking over him, she noted that she hadn't seen him before, but it didn't bother her, she hadn't really seen many people after all.

"I'm Anouk" She smiled at him, leaning back on the tree making herself comfterble again.

Scorpius smiled as he took a seat next to her. "Nice to meet you Anouk, I'm Scorpius. Scorpius Knight. You're a Ravenclaw right?" he asked her.

"Yeah I am" She replyed, noticing the small spider that was crawling down a line of web infront of her. Reaching out she grabed the web above it, breakng iit off and pulling it closer to herslef. She opend her palm, blowing over it and the small spider and the web drifted off in the gentle breeze.

"So where are you from Scorpius?" a note of curiosity laceing her words.

Scorpius nodded. "I think I saw you once in the common room," he said explaining. He leaned back and rested on his elbow and said, "I'm from Ireland," his Irish accent was easily noticeable. "What about you?" he asked her while watching her grab the web.

ireland huh she thought to herself, finally placing the accent she heard.

"Im from scottland actually" She chuckled "But I guess I've managed to avoid the heavy accent". Only traces of the scottish brouge was evident in her voice, and most people missed it completley.

Scorpius nodded as she spoke, listening hard for the Scottish accent though only being able to faintly hear it. He smiled at her and said, "I suppose so. Do you find being in New Zealand to be different for you?" he asked her with a smile. He himself found it to be very different, but he didn't mind it.

"Well the foods alot nicer" she joked. The food in scottland had always been notriously bad, dubed as the worst in the world.. healthwse atleast. She looked him over again subtly. He seems nice.. she thought to herself, feeling a tad less lonley then she had been for the last few days.

"So are you lookng foward to classes?" she quized, trying to keep the conversaton alive. Secretly she was enjoying the sound of his strong accent and more simply, having someone decent to talk to.

Scorpius smiled at her as she spoke of the food. "Really?" he asked her jokingly. "I myself particularly miss my mother's cooking but I've gotta grow up sometime right?" he said with a shrug and a smile.

When she asked of classes he smiled and nodded yes. "Of course, I am a Ravenclaw," he said with jest. "I can't wait until Astronomy," he said excitely. "What about you? Any particular classes you're looking forward to?" he asked her with his strong accent.

Astronamy huh, interesting she thought to herself.

"Unfortionatly my mother was a terrible cook" She laughed "My father was the cook in our house"

Thinking over the classes looming she made a warm thinking noise.

"Probably transfigureation" Anouk replyed honestly "I guess the thought of manipulating an object facinates me".
As she talked, she was relazing more and more, her scottish accent slowly starting to seep through in her words.

Scorpius turned and looked at her as she spoke of Transfiguration with a new excitement in his grey eyes. "I feel the same way too!" he said with a genuine smile. He turned back to look out into the distance and almost whispered, "I hope to become an animagus some day." He knew it was really rare but the idea of being able to transform into something else really fascinated him.

Startkled, Anouk didnt realise others as young as herself may share her dream of being an animagus. Collecting herself, she attempted to look casual as she replyd "Oh me too" But the excitement flashed her eyes into a new life they hadn't seen in years.

Curiosity managed to get the best of her and she asked "What kind of animagus do you think you would be?"

Scorpius thought of this question for a bit before finally deciding on his answer. "An eagle," he told her simply, with a smile. He found it funny how he'd always thought of becoming an eagle animagus, but now it was his House's mascot. He never really realized how Ravenclaw he really was. "What about you?" he asked her, interested in her answer.

Smiling at the fact he said eagle and hes a ravenclaw, she realised this house really suited him almost to a tee. Small wisps of doubt came over her, still feeling unsure wether she really belonged in Ravenclaw. Well the hat picked it so I guess its right she thought, trying to reasure herself it must be ment to be.

"I think..." She paused, "...I would be a fox" She laughed at herself, wondering why all of a sudden she picked fox. Usually she thought she would be something like an otter or wild cat, but today fox had stuck and oddly it felt more right then any other animal she had considered before.

Scorpius chuckled when she shared her answer. "A fox? That's interesting," he said with a smile. "And why is that?" his curiosity getting the better of him as usual.

"I guess because foxes are often seen as sly by people who dont know alot about them". Pausing, Anouk searched her mind for the words to continue. "But really, there's alot more to them then that I guess..." she finished lamely a small blush making its way across her face.

Eager to change the attention from her she asked "And do you think you would be an eagle?"

"That's an excellent answer," he said to her with a genuine smile. He liked that it seemed like she had thought about this for a while now, just the way he often thought of becoming an eagle. "I can tell there's a lot more to you as well," he said lightly.

When she asked him for his answer he pondered for a bit, though he knew his answer from the get-go why he wanted to be an eagle. "I want to fly, and not just on a broom. I want to travel, but I want to be able to reach my family in a heartbeat," he said seriously. He had wanted to be an eagle for those reasons since he was a little boy, before he even knew of Floo powder or Apparation, which were admittedly faster than an eagle could fly across the world, but his reasons for wanting to become one never altered. He turned and smiled to her to lighten the seriousness he had cast upon the subject.

"Wow" she said simply, a little taken back. What an amazing reason for wanting to be what an eagle animagus... She thought to herself.

Then Anouk dropped in casually "I'd love to know where to look to learn how..." her voice trailing off as she tried to hide the real intensity behind her question. The only thing that showed the question to be a true desire rather then a meer fantasy was the ever so slight change in her eyes as her eyebrows set down a fraction in determination. Not that she thought he would notice her real passion for it.

Scorpius turned and looked at her with furrowed brows. "What do you mean?" he asked, unsure of what her statement meant. Did she want to know the qualifications for an animagus? He supposed the library could tell them that, but then again he wasn't sure. Perhaps it was in the restricted section? He decided not to question himself about those things in case he was wrong about what she was asking.

Crack.

Leaves rustled noisily and flew out of the incoming boy's way, his jet black hair fluttered in the wind in a smooth sort of fashion. Henric Lee tilted his head slightly as he viewed Scorpius and the other girl, he made no attempt to hide himself - sticks were breaking apart under his heavy-heeled shoes. Birds squawked, alarmed, and fluttered about, scattering feathers all over the place. Amidst the cascade of feather and leaf, Henric advanced slowly, his usual piercing gaze shooting right at Scorpius and into his eyes. Then he turned his uncomfortable stare to Anouk, the nearly school-famous stare that meant he was reading your features and hence your mind.

It didn't help his threatening demeanour of appearance was otherwise bolstered by a wand spinning in his hand, alongside a very visible little frown etched upon his finely carved features. He paused, apparently noticing for the first time there were people other than him in the area. Immediately, Henric's eyes turned gentle and his smile affixed itself upon his face. Taking light steps, he made his way over to Scorpius and Anouk, then halted, hands snug in his pockets. "Good weather today - No?" He asked the pair, eyes flitting over Scorpius as he said so.

Scorpius turned his head in the direction of someone approaching. He studied the figure for a bit, watching his strange movements and unique form of introduction. Scorpius' grey eyes bore into his and then lingered over to his wand. Was he planning on using it? As soon as both his hands were in his pockets and he asked about the weather Scorpius smirked slightly. "Indeed it is," he answered idly. "I'm Scorpius, Scorpius Knight," he said in his Irish accent. "And you are?"

Henric's eyes flickered and they stared into Scorpius' sharply, it was a highly uncomfortable sort of stare - as if he was dragging out of his deepest thoughts. Of course, there was no way someone so young could be an Occlumens, but Henric was otherwise skilled - at reading features. "Lee." He replied softly, that one word booming a commanding tone in his voice. He raised a hand to the air and allowed a bird to perch on his fingers, it chirped and pecked at his index finger inquisitively. "Henric Lee." He continued, thrusting his arm up and letting the bird soar away. "You may have heard of me." He commented lightly, the same malicious smile plastered on his face.

Joceline was walking around the castle, when she decided that she was bored of it. So she skipped out of the castle merrily, acting quite childish, but what else could you expect? She was ten, it was supposed to be this way. Joceline began to hum the song Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds happily when she saw a few people, she shrugged her shoulders happily and walked towards them, still humming but quieter. When she reached them she beamed brightly and said, "Hi, I'm Joceline, mind if I join you?" Joceline beamed at the two boys and the girl that was with them.

Scorpius raised his eyebrow at Henric and almost wanted to laugh at how dramatic he introduced himself. "Pleasure Henric," he said, still trying to be friendly. When he said you may have heard of me a smirk appeared on his face and replied, "You may have heard of me as well."

Then a petite girl walked up and asked if she could join them so he smiled and said, "Sure Joceline. I'm Scorpius Knight but you can call me Knight," he introduced himself. He turned to look at Anouk wondering what she thought of the two newcomers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back