Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Eric <3
Wand
Knotted 15" Unyielding Walnut Wand with Augurey Tail Feather Core
Minnie felt unsure about her dress, but she'd bought it herself, picked it out and loved how it felt, so of course wanted to wear it. She'd stared in the mirror and felt that she looked mostly beautiful but she wasn't sure it was perfect. She knew pleaseing herself would never be easy. She fixed her hair, tried to not smudge her make up, straightened out the skirt, but there would be no perfecting this, she was never going to get better. She spent a moment longer staring at herself, but then she had to go. She didn't want to be late for Eric, knowing that he didn't enjoy these events in the first place. She headed out of the dorm room and walked down to the Great Hall. It took a moment, but she had planned for that. She stood at the entrance waiting for Eric, trying to not be nervous as she waited for him.

Eric never tried very hard at these events, as they weren't really his thing. But since he started dating Minnie, things had changed. He had bought himself a new suit, even though he doubted he would get much use out of it. He would probably wear it tonight and to the Valentine's Dance and then never again. But he wanted to look good for Minnie. He headed to the Great Hall, and when he saw his girlfriend, he was immensely glad he had bought this new suit. Minnie looked breathtakingly gorgeous, and Eric nearly tripped over his own to feet as he stared at her. He managed to make his way over to her, feeling a little tongue-tied. "You look beautiful." He eventually managed. "Like. Wow." He added, gesturing to the dress. He took her hand, rapidly running out of words.

Minnie couldn't help how her hands hovered over the dress, looking to flatten it out or fix bits that she wasn't happy with, but of course there was nothing she could do to make it any better. She spotted Eric and felt herself relax with him there, she blushed lightly at his words and resisted the urge to list all the things that she didn't like about her appearance. She let him take her hand and then smiled. "You look really handsome too," she reached up and lightly touched his cheek, before leaning in and kissing him.

Eric squeezed Minnie's hand, giving her a smile. He briefly thought of Simon's words, about how Minnie only dated him out of charity. But he pushed them away. When he was with her, Eric knew things were right. Nothing someone like that said could change this feeling. "Thanks." Eric said quietly, then leaned in as Minnie kissed him. He kissed her back briefly, before reluctantly pulling away. "I suppose we better go in there." He said, gesturing to the Great Hall with his head. "Supposedly, there's a party going on."

Minnie gave a little laugh and nodded, "I suppose so," she moved to be more at his side, holding his hand and leaning into him lightly. She nodded. "The hall's a little different than normal," she told him. But she was sure he'd note that as soon as they began making their way into the room. "Shall we get some drinks first before our one and only dance of the night?" Minnie asked him, she didn't mind dancing just the once, because one dance with Eric was worth more than a night of dances with someone else.

Eric smiled, feeling happy with Minnie close to his side. He nodded as she said the hall looked different, looking around with a slight frown. "Yeah, guess they finally decided to get creative after six years of doing the same." He wouldn't say it out loud, but Eric thought this was a definite improvement. Christmas had never been associated with winter for him, and this felt a lot more familiar. He hesitated at Minnie's words. "Maybe we can dance for a while." He finally said, looking around. "I... don't think I'd mind."

Minnie gave a little laugh, "A little change is nice," she agreed. She thought it was nice to depart from what they'd experienced and would make this last yuleball stand out more than others. "I'll only hold you to a dance," she assured him. She didn't need for them to dance for a while but just one dance. They continued to where they could dance and Minnie moved to stand in front of him. She stood close to him, her arms around his shoulders. Her gaze was firm on his, a feeling of how far they'd come and how much he meant to her now.

Eric nodded. "It feels more like Christmas to me, too." He mused. He then wished he hadn't brought it up, as he still felt a bit strange about leaving Minnie at Hogwarts during Christmas break on her own. But she had made her decision, he couldn't do anything about it. Eric hesitated. "I won't mind doing more." He then said. "I mean, it's our last chance... at the Yule Ball at least." He said softly. He moved his hands to her waist and smiled down at her, meeting her gaze. "I'll miss you, over break." He said quietly. Apparently, he couldn't entirely let go of the holiday break, even if he knew he shouldn't bring it up too much.

Minnie gave a little smile, "Yeah?" she lightly asked curious about what his own Christmas was like. She knew it was sweet of him to offer more dances, but she knew that he did an awful lot for her, did things he didn't like for her. "Only if you want to, and you don't have to," Minnie assured her with a little smile. "I know, I'll miss you too, but honestly Eric I'd be such a bore," she knew why he felt bad, but she knew she'd be a drag on their celebrations. "Tell me about Christmas at the Hollands," she asked, hoping to get the discussion to move away from it somewhat and for Eric to discuss something else.

Eric swayed slowly to the music, his attention on Minnie. He shrugged when she said he only had to dance if he had to, he knew she wouldn't ever make him do something he didn't want. "I know." He simply said. Eric frowned when Minnie said she'd be a bore. "You're never boring." He said, then paused. "Almost never." He said with a slight smile. But it seemed like he couldn't change her mind on this, and he also didn't want to pressure her. He sighed softly. "Oh, Christmas with my family is pretty nice." He said with a shrug. "It's pretty chill. We just sit around playing games and eating all day, we go to the beach sometimes." He smiled. "I used to always push my brother in the water. I'd pretend I found some cool seashell and when he came closer I'd just push him in." He paused. "I did usually find him a cool seashell after, to make it better." He added. "But lately we also go to my aunt sometimes and that's less fun," Eric said with a frown. He had little love for his extended family and hated hanging around them at Christmas time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back