Our First Visitor

Gregory used witty sarcasm that was refreshing for Calixa to hear. She smiled slightly as he kissed Adrianna on the nose. Such young love was so innocent; not burdened by the thought of kids, or someone's inability to have one. She frowned slightly, but turned it upside down when Gregory slid her food over to her, and smiled. His warm smile was very relaxing. She wondered how he always managed to do that; calm her, almost like her siblings had.

After Adrianna's comment, Calixa found herself without words. She didn't know what it was, but she just couldn't speak. Speachlessness had never been a problem for her, until she became nervous. Luckily, she had food to keep her mouth busy, so that she didn't seem rude, or daft. She picked up a fork, and stuck something she didn't recognize in her mouth. She chewed it, savoring the amazing flavor. When she had swallowed it she exclaimed, "this is amazing! What is it?"

There was a comfortable silence as Gregory finished serving everyone, and finally he sat to eat as well, only after both women had food on their plates. Being who he was, Greg blushed a sweet pink when kissed be Adrianna; despite all the fun they'd had together, he was still as innocent as a day old lamb and easily shy around guests. But his smile was like sunshine in the room, and though he did not want to embarrass his guest any longer, he reached out and touched Adrianna's hand in a small measure of comfort. She was doing so well.

"Oh, don't be silly," Greg answered Adrianna, going even redder but looking quite pleased all the same. To distract himself, he focused on eating his own food. Even though he had been eating better than he had been in at least a month, Greg was still pale and thin. It suited him, but he did not think it healthy. "You're eating lamb Mafalde," he told Calixa with a smile and he speared an asparagus with a shining silver fork. "I love cooking, so it was a nice night before 'ye even came. I'm kind ye're enjoying it,"

Calixa felt comfortable in the silence; it wasn't an awkward one thankfully. She never did well in those situations. Gregory's cheeks were pink, he seemed so very innocent, it was adorable in a little brother way. When he smiled it made her smile, and she could feel the tension that was there earlier disappear almost completely. He told her what it was and she had to think for a second, pushing the images of animal cruelty out of her mind. The way they were treated before cooked. She took another bite.

"Well you have a very good talent for cooking. And I love it. At least Adrianna will never go hungry, eh?" She smiled, hoping to get on Adrianna's good side. She really just wanted to make this work.

Adrianna squeezed Gregory's hand lightly before letting go to spread a napkin on to her lap. Picking up her fork she speared a nice thick piece of rabbit. It was still very pick with blood. Her lover definitely knew how she liked her food. She took a bit, smiling as she chewed, and for a moment was actually able to relax. It wasn't so bad having a guest, and she did seem nice enough. Still you never know who your enemies are. She swallowed hard, then gave a reassuring glance at Gregory.

Pulling her shoulders back into a proper position she nodded her head lightly as she listened to them talk. She smiled as she really started to enjoy herself, she still couldn't help her nerves though. Her past had really done a number on her social skills. Unless it was seducing hot men she was useless. Of course there would be no more of that, now that she found Gregory. She cleared her throat to speak. "Yes. I'm not use to having such amazing food. He has definitely been a blessing on my life."

She tried to ignore how pink the meat from the rabbit was; it couldn't of been healthy to eat it that way. She couldn't judge though; her adoptive grandfather used to eat raw hamburger. At least her meat looked like it was cooked a little. She took another bite of the lamb, which seemed to melt in her mouth. She smiled and nodded at Adrianna's comment. Then she thought for a bit more. Maybe someone else would start something, so that she could answer. She was too nervous to bring up something that would cause bad memories.

Gregory was getting pinker by the minute by the lady's compliments. Everyone was eating very different food, and Greg was eating what would probably have been the dinner of the rabbit Adrianna was eating now. Everything on his plate was vegetables and herbs , every single vegetable cooked to its individual perfection to maximize the flavour. Truth to be told, he didn't cook for the taste but for the smells and colours. In his opinion, vegetables were so much more interesting to look at. Even the different varieties of the same vegetable had their own unique flavour and look. To his complete embarrassment, Gregory realised that he had been staring at his own bowl with fascination, only turning his cheeks pinker.

This was basically the only time he had lost the thread of a conversation, before he realised that there wasn't a conversation any longer. With the practiced ease of a gentleman, Gregory drew them all back into friendly sharing and chatter. "I'm sorry that 'ye had to come so far out of the way to find this place. Perhaps I should invite 'ye to a restaurant next time?" He had picked up that it would probably be more comfortable for both women to do that next time, Adrianna so that she wouldn't feel intruded upon and Calixa so that she would not feel like the intruder. He would miss not cooking for them, but it was a small price to pay for their comfort. "Tell me about your home, then," he addressed Calixa, genuinely interested in her answer.

Calixa had noticed, after a bit of silence, that Gregory seemed fascinated by his all vegatable plate. She herself was fascinated that he could eat like that; no meant, just greens. She loved fruits and other things, but that was just madness. Though she couldn't judge; not untill she tried it; which she never would. Then, after a little more blushing, Gregory seemed to pick up more conversation.

"Oh, it was all up to you. I'd rather you not go through the trouble for little me. But, it's all amazing; and it was no trouble finding this place." She then froze. he had asked about home; her worst subject. "Well... um, now.. um I live." She didn't know how to phrase it. it was in the country, but those words didn't want to come through her mouth. "Country... lots of room to roam I guess..." To avoide anything else she took a bit of food; maybe Adrianne would inturupt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back