Our First Visitor

Adrianna Eneas-Dinu

OOC First Name
Amy
Wand
Yew Wand 14" Essence of Fairy Dust
Adrianna paced up and down the hallway. She had all the doors to the wings locked. The only places this Calixa girl could go was the sitting room and the dinning room. Just where she couldn't do any damage if things turn out bad. She paced even more, waiting for her to show up. She had been helping Gregory in the kitchen but nearly chopped his finger off. Now she was stuck waiting to great her.

She sighed and looked into one of the many mirrors that covered the walls of the long entry way. Her hair was pinned up, letting small bits fall around her. She wore a simple black shift that hung loosely about her, except for at her waist where it was belted by a black hemp belt. She ran her fingers along it, remembering how tirelessly they worked to make it. She sighed, deciding to get a kiss from Gregory, hoping to calm herself. She really didn't like strangers.

Gregory on the other hand was bouncing around like a day-old rabbit. He didn't mind staying at home as long as he could get out into the grounds and climb a tree or such like, but somehow he still felt cooped up. Being as shy as he was, he wouldn't have ventured into the village much anyway and so, therefore, Calixa was coming to them! Merrily he was chopping, dicing, stirring and peppering to the sound of pots bubbling and the sizzling of a pan. The smells coming from the kitchen were admittedly rich and wonderful so that even Adrianna might indulge in it. There was plenty of meat for her, plenty of vegetables for him and everything else in between for Calixa.

Rather than make one large meal, Greg had chosen to prepare many small ones in the case of someone not liking one dish and could simply choose another. Well, he couldn't exactly please everyone at once, but he sure was trying.

Greg heard Adrianna's footsteps approach where she had been nervously pacing the halls and locking every door. He rolled his eyes good-naturedly as she came to him and leaned in to sneak a kiss from her when she wasn't looking. His cheeks were pink from the heat which only made his eyes look brighter, and off he went to stir another pot or poke at a slab of meat, whistling all the way.

Adrianna was happy when he sneaked in a kiss. She was right, her nerves immedately calmed down. It was funny, the effect he had on her. She sighed and slid into a chair that looked out over her hunting grounds. She had to remember to close the shades in it before Calixa got here. She licked her lips, remembering her last hunt. She made sure to eat before that woman got here. Food always made her easier to deal with.

She looked over at her love and smiled. He really was rather cute, huddled over his pots and pans. The man knew how to cook. She had fallen in love with his marinades. She licked her lips again, smelling the meat. She chuckled. "Your going to make me fat love." Then she sighed and turned towards the door. "I hope this goes well. Looks like there isn't really anything left to do but wait." She got up and closed the shades, now all the curtains in the house where pulled.

"Well with all the exercise we've been doing, I don't think that will be much a problem," said Greg 'innocently'. He furrowed his brow when she was still looking nervously over at the door and such like. Apparently his kiss didn't have half the effect he was looking for. Adrianna got up to close the shades and his heart sank a little. So much for creating a welcoming atmosphere... "I hope 'ye remembered to leave a bathroom open," he told her as he leaned over the counter to peer down the hallway. "It's only polite."

There was a hiss to his right, and it appeared that the meat dishes were done. "Oh, have a taste!" he told her excitedly as he cut a piece of beef off for her. To his delight, it was perfectly cooked and he had to try some himself before he began to serve the rest in covered trays that he had found in the bottom of the cupboard. With his other hand he held out the meat on a fork for her to try. It was a strangely nostalgic and sweet thing to do; as though it was a scene from the movies. Greg blushed at her but still smiled.

Adrianna smiled up at him, then ate the meat, slowly sliding her lips off. She winked up at him, hoping he got the joke. Then she leaned back, savoring the taste. She had to admit. He rocked. She opened her eyes and nodded. Walking up to him she wrapped her arms round his waist. "Did I ever tell you how much I love you?" She smiled, snuggling up to him.

He was warm against her. It felt nice to be close to some one. She couldn't help but want to lock him up in her room, but that wouldn't be a good thing for her to do with a guest coming. Then her nerves returned. Her stomach clenched and she started to feel green. She buried her face in his chest and groaned. "I can't wait for this night to be over. I hate people."

"At least five times a day," he beamed at her, drawing her closer with an arm around her shoulder. "Probably just to hear me say that I love you too ... which I do." Her proximity made his heart leap again and the heat in his cheeks to rise but, determined not to the spoil the rest of the food, he continued to stir with one hand. Even so, Greg could not help but add another kiss to her lips even though it made him shudder with pleasure inwardly. Even now he didn't understand why she fired his blood so much.

But half a moment later she clung to him again with her face in his chest. 'I can't wait for this night to be over. I hate people.' Greg sighed at this. He wanted so much for her to get along with Calixa, yet if she was this nervous already how could they make a good impression on her? Calixa was just as friendly and personable as he was. If she continued to be like that even faced with Adrianna's obvious standoffish behaviour, perhaps they would warm to each other more. Please, please let this go well, he begged in his mind. To change the subject, he put forward an idea to Adrianna in a light tone. "I was thinking of choosing a lion," Greg told her. "I think I would suit a mane," he said with a sparkle in his eye.

Adrianna loved the feel of his lips, loved the feel of being wrapped in his arms. It did make her feel better. She did actually want the night to go well. It looked like her fear of people was going to get the best of her, again. Thats why she never had any friends, and she would never had met Gregory had it not been for him showing up almost dead in me back yard. It was strange, almost like he was made for her and sent here.

She looked up when he talked about his hopeful animagus. She nodded. Even though he was so kind Gregory had this powerful air about him. Adrianna thought a lion would fit him very well. She tried to imagine herself sleeping next to him, curled up in a cave some where. Then again, she didn't know if we would do that. She sighed softly, tempted to ask him to, but not sure how. She opted for something else instead. "You would make a very powerful, and handsome lion my love."

"Really? I thought so too!" he grinned at her jestingly. He did like the idea of having the golden fur and the long tresses surrounding his face. It would remind him of his usual long hair in human form. Come to think of it, Greg really did need a haircut. The curls were almost past his shoulders now. It suited him somehow, but he seemed to be catching all sorts of leaves and sticks in it whenever he went outside. He liked it better when it was curled around his ears.

One particularly stubborn curl refused to move from of his forehead today. He put its resilience down to the heat in the kitchen, and he tried to blow it off with a huffed breath. Greg gave it an angry look. Unless he was truly angry, his grumpy looks always came off slightly cute (even his family said so). People would laugh, or 'aw', and he would only get grumpier which would start the whole process again.

"Well, I should probably send a form into the ministry eventually so that I can get registered training," he said to Adrianna with a sigh, spooning out a salad into one of the larger bowls.

Adrianna nodded. She had had training while she was still in school, becoming a full animagus just after she turned 17. It had helped that she had been a prodigy when it came to transfiguration. She remembered her teacher, a middle aged man, almost in his fifties. He had only agreed to teach Adrianna after she turn her 'charm' on him. He was nice enough, and great for her, he was a very good instructor.

She smiled up at Greg, at the moment it looked like he was having a great battle with one of his curly locks. Gently she swept it back from his forehead, it stayed for a moment only to pop back out. She giggled. "Stubborn little thing huh. Reminds me of some one." She gave him a knowing look. After kissing his lips she said in a soft voice. "Either way, its a good look for you."

Greg was worried inwardly. All this sounded like a dream to come true, but he had told Adrianna once that he was terrible at transfiguration, and he hadn't been lying. Greg had turned out to be good at subjects like Astronomy, Care of magical Creatures or Herbology. Charms, Transfiguration or anything else that he needed to use his wand for were incredibly difficult for him. Greg would give his training everything he had, but he prayed that it would be enough.

He went slightly pink with pleasure as she brushed his hair back, but wrinkled his nose in annoyance (a very Artemis-like mannerism) as his sprung out again. "I have to learn how to cut hair," he told her, cheering up as she kissed her lips.

Suddenly there was a knock at the door. It seemed that Calixa had arrived, and just on time as well. "Hell!" said Greg, which was the strongest swearword that he would use, and immediately began to zoom around the kitchen in order to serve the rest of the dishes. "Could 'ye put these out for me, love?" he asked Adrianna as he got out the wine glasses. Greg was turning pink with nerves.

Adrianna sighed, hefting all the dishes to the dining room. It was adorned with candles, beautiful trays of silver and gold. Beautiful silverware laid out in order of the course. The solid oak table was covered in a blood red silk topper. Its edges trailed down the table and gathered eligantly on the floor. The chairs where pulled out just far enough for a person to take their seat. Adrianna had to admit. She rocked at setting this stuff.

She turned, bushing her shift into place and walked into the hallway. She head here head high trying not to show any fear.

((Hey, Calixa is grounded, we might be waiting a while.))

((Yay, slightly ungrounded. Hope this is a good time!))

Nervousness was one word to describe what Calixa was feeling. She really wanted to make a good impression on her friend's girlfriend. She wondered if they would be okay with the cake she had made. Chocolate was her favorite; and Calixa had debated a lot about what she was going to make. She eliminated all peanuts, and hoped his girlfriend (whose name escaped her) would like chocolate and not be lactose intolerant. She approached the house, which was very beautiful; her breaths were shorter a bit. She approached the door and knocked, hoping that the answer would be quick, her dress was not the warmest. She hoped it would work, her dressing up; but what if it was informal?

Off Gregory bustled to answer the door with all haste, having finally readied the last finishing touches. Carefully he opened the door, and beamed as he recognised Calixa instantly. "Hello, love! Welcome! Come in, come in." he greeted her warmly as he ushered her in to the warmed hallway. "I'm glad 'ye were able to find the place. Ye're looking wonderful," he commented politely as he noticed her nice dress. Gregory himself was wearing a plain cotton shirt with navy blue dress pants; blue and white seemed to suit him somehow, but also made him look a lot younger than he was.

At the same time he realised that both he and Adrianna were quite a bit younger than Calixa. Nevertheless, he felt no more awkward with her than with anyone else he knew, and took her coat for her nicely. The smell of well cooked food wafted down the airy hallway and made his sensitive goblin nose tingled with anticipation. "What have 'ye brought, then? That cake looks simply lovely," said Greg as he marveled at their apparent desert (which he had forgotten about in his main-meal frenzy). "Is that chocolate?"

She almost didn't recognize the young man who answered the door. When he started to usher her in, she realized that it wasn't really a young boy, but, it was Gregory himself. The combination of navy blue and white made him look 16 instead of however old he really was. She grinned at him. "Thank you Gregory, may i say you look dashing yourself." Her slight accent wasn't as thick, but Adrianna would more then likely pick up on it.

His eyes fell on her chocolate cake, and she smiled at him. "Oh, yeah, it is. I hope you guys like chocolate; i wasn't sure what to make!" She felt slightly embarrassed. She really wanted to make a good impression on Adrianna and hoped she would enjoy the cake. "I was debating on if you would be allergic to chocolate." She said, using 'you' as in both of them.

Adrianna glided into the hall where Gregory was greeting there guest. She was stiffer then she would like to have been, but it was something she couldn't help. Her small kitten heels made a click as she stepped on the rich hard wood floors. Her black shift flowing around her in a startling way. She swallowed away her nervousness. Coming up behind Gregory she place a hand possessively on his shoulder. The touch didn't bring her as much comfort as she would have liked. She noticed an accent, one she had heard before, but she couldn't place it.

Even though she tried to be as warm as her lover, her natural instinct took over. Her eyes turned cold, her voice even and very formal. She cleared her throat and tried unsuccessfully to smile. "I'm sure chocolate will be fine. My name is Adrianna, its nice too meet you." She thrust out her hand, not really wanting to touch her.

The nervous smile on Calixa's face widen; looking more real, as she smiled at Adrianna. She was beautiful, and blond; not to mention graceful as she came up behind Gregory. Balancing the cake on one hand, Calixa shook her hand firmly as the girl formally introduced herself to her. "It's very nice to meet you, Adrianna." She smiled at them both and asked. "Where can i set this?" She didn't want to drop the cake, so she needed to find some place to set it down; quickly.

It was almost to hard for Adrianna to show her relief. Something to take her away from the awkwardness of their first meeting. She reached out and lifted the cake away, having to twirl slightly to keep it from hitting her love in the face. The action made her shift come up, exposing a good deal of her strong legs before whisping back down. In a gleeful voice she called back to them. "I'll just take care of this. The dining room is this way."

Adrianna set down the cake on the serving table next to some great smelling concoction Gregory had made. She smiled to herself and leaned forward, taking in the scent. She could feel her 'Ears' perk up. Her 'tail' swish back and forth. Of course these she could only feel with her mind. She wanted to change and devour it, but of course. They had a guest. She sighed and took her seat at the table, glancing at the covered window, thinking of her hunting grounds.

Gregory made to introduce his love, but she got there first; albeit in a slightly hostile manner. He watched the exchange between the two women for a moment, gulped when Adrianna's shift rode up slightly and blushed when she walked away. Greg leaned in conspiratorially to Calixa and whispered "Sorry," into her ear. He knew that she would know she what he was talking about. "Come then," he said a little louder, smiling at her welcomingly. "Dinner is on the table and I'm sure there'll be something 'ye like there." There simply had to be. Greg had cooked basically everything he knew how to (which was a lot for three people, but leftovers were fine for tomorrow).

He beckoned her into the dining room that was filled with the smell of fresh meat and vegetables and spices of every kind. The table seemed a bit long for the three of them so he had placed the chairs closer together so that Calixa could sit at the head. There he pulled out her chair for her and invited her to sit. So far, everything was going smoothly.

Calixa grinned, at least Adrianna didn't hate her. That was what she was most worried about. She always was so nervous that she was going to say just the wrong thing. Her shift rode up as she walked away, showing the strong legs that were hidden beneath. Greg whispered sorry, probably about the introduction and Calixa whispered back; "It's okay, just remind me not to tick her off." He then led her to the kitchen.

Her jaw nearly dropped. "Oh my!" She exclaimed looking over everything. Everything looked amazing. She then noticed that she was going to site at the head, and he pulled her chair out. "What a gentleman," she said. "Thank you so much." She looked over the table, everything looked amazing; and her thoughts were now repeating.

Adrianna couldn't help but feel a stroke of irritation when he pulled out a chair for her, but she had to remind herself that that was only Gregory's good nature showing though. 'At least he'll make up for you Miss Murder' She heard her beast snicker. She sighed and got some food, determind not to look as stiff as she felt. She sat back down, with a smile she was sure looked fake. Inside her nerves were falling apart. She hated having a stranger in her house.

She took a big bite of a juicy piece of meat, chewed, and swallowed hard. It tasted good, but her nerves were making everything taste bland. She sighed, and looked up. "So, what do you do for a living Calixa?"

Calixa wasn't sure if she should serve herself. She was too shy to anyways. She smiled when Adrianna asked about what she did for a living. She didn't really have a job, so she figured she'd start out with what she used to do before she moved; and then break down that She didn't have a job. "Well, i used to do wedding planning back home. Me and me husband worked at the same place. But, then i came here. I'm still looking for work." She smiled. Should she ask? She would. "What about you? I mean, if it's not too much for me to ask..."

Adrianna's spine stiffened, but she knew it had been an honest question. Little by little she had started to relax. He looked for a moment, almost pleadingly, before biting her lip and staring back at this strange woman. She didn't like letting her guard down. IN a clipped, and warning tone Adrianna replied, trying to sound vague. She in no way wanted it known that she was adopted by the famous Dragos Dinu, owner of the Dinu Resorts. "I'm independently wealthy."

"Really. That's actually really cool." She smiled at Adrianna and thought about what it would be like, to have money. She used to, before the divorce. "You know, Gregory is really lucky to have a girl as pretty as you." Calixa complimented. Most girls who were as pretty as Adrianna were shallow and could never let guys in. But, Calixa wasn't about to verbalize that.

"I don't see how," said Gregory with a sparkle in his eyes as he watched the exchange. "A fine figure such as myself," With the mischief in his eye, it was clear to all that he was joking. After all, who would believe that Greg could say such a thing in truth? He couldn't help it; leaning in, he kissed Adrianna sweetly on the nose, still pouring the wine for the three of them. It seemed that Calixa was a bit nervous in choosing her own food, and Gregory picked up on this almost immediately. Carefully he picked a small helping of everything and slid the plate over to Calixa with a warm smile that should relax her, and doing the same for himself. For Adrianna he had specifically chosen everything he knew she'd like and served it. Good food always helped Adrianna to relax, and though it was no fresh rabbit, the meat were very well prepared to her taste. This night was going well.

"That is rather awesome, actually," pondered Greg out loud as he finally sat. "For both of 'ye, I mean. Much better than being a file clerk." he chuckled. "Can 'ye imagine me in a suit? I probably looked like a goof, come to think."

Adrianna wrapped her arms around her lover loosely. She tousled his hair slightly and smiled. He was so handsome, and at least he had done a fine day's work and made a good living. Adrianna had never worked a day in her life, so he could say more than she could. Both him and Calixa could. That is if Calixa was telling the truth. She still wasn't sure whether she could trust her yet, and Adrianna really wasn't keen on the idea of doing so. Still she played her role. Kissing Gregory on the cheek and sighing like a school girl. "Don't belittle yourself love. You are a marvalous catch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back