Our First Date

Gabrielle liked to listen to Colton tell her about what his work day was like. It gave her an idea of what work might be like if and when she got a job as a Healer at St. Mungos. When he said that there was a lot of Pregnant woman from around here she smirked slightly. If she remembered correctly babies were born more often than a death occurred. A lot of young woman were having kids though out of love and without knowing what they were really doing and Gabrielle thought that was sort of wrong. Having a baby should be an act of love with someone you were married with and cared about. Then again since it was really unlikely that she could have children herself maybe she shouldn't even really try lecturing anyone about anything. She listened to Colton speak about her work she did with planting flowers and stared at the yard with vague interest. "I love flowers. In fact Gardening was something I used to do all the time when my dad treated me poorly, gave me something to do other then stay inside and take insults and from him all the time. I find it peaceful." She shrugged and smiled softly at Colton. At least until she realized what she said, she had probably just told him something she really shouldn't have. "Um....forget what I just said." She responded softly not more than a moment or so later before she bit her lip and turned her gaze to somewhere other than Colton and his gaze. Yeah her dad hated her and probably would have loved to beat her face in many times, but that was something she didn't like people knowing about her. Sometimes it made them treat her differently. But it always was a good way to explain why she seemed to so cold and heartless sometimes. Biting her lip she hoped that Colton would just let it go. She didn't live with Alphonse anyways so it wasn't like she had to deal with him anymore, she was free now to do whatever she wanted with her life. And if that meant becoming a Healer then so be it.

Then Colton said something that made her heart stop in it's place and the ice immediately start to harden it's way back over what had just started to warm up. He thought last night shouldn't have happened. His story did make her feel a little bad for him though, that didn't sound like something she would want to go through, but it kind of stung that he thought she was anything like that girl at all. "So you regret last night, I guess I should have expected that. I'm sorry that happened to you though, but..not all girls are like that." Gabrielle was hurt and that made her want to be cold again. Without another word she pushed herself off the ground and stood up to immediately start brushing some of the grass off of her jeans. She was going to turn and leave so she didn't bother her him anymore but then she heard him speak to her again so she turned and turned to face him. A strand of her straightened blonde hair blew into her face as she did this. Her hair went up to brush it away before she let it fall to her side. Her bright sky colored eyes bore into Colton's as she tried to figure out what she was going to say to that. A small snort escaped her before she smiled softly. "You don't have to tell me things like that to make me feel better, I probably really screwed things up by kissing you last night...I'm...really sorry. Eh? You...want to go on another date? Well I guess another one wouldn't hurt." Gabrielle mused to herself as she scratched the side of her cheek then rested one of her hands on her hips gently. Her eyes shifted around as she thought about it carefully. Was he just doing this date thing to make her feel better? Gabrielle wasn't sure but she hoped it was because he had a good time on the actual fate last night, until they got drunk at least.

Colton heard that Gabrielle's dad used to talk her roughly, and he wanted to ask her about it, but he figured that it would be another time for him to ask her. Colton did not want to talk about something so personal when they were still getting to know each other. Colton let out a soft sigh and he wondered what they were going to do about this all. Colton chuckled, "Okay, I am not saying that I did not like last night, because Gabrielle, you are a beast. But...I just think it was just way too soon. We don't know each other well, and from what I know about you, I adore right now." Colton wondered just why Gabrielle was so negative about herself. He stood up and he smiled down upon her. This smile, it said something, something good. He was not saying that to make herself feel better, because it was the truth. Colton reached for her hand with his own, and he cradled it. Colton spoke, "I am a shy guy, as you might realize, but I am also truthful. I am not saying this to make you feel better, because that is how I feel. I want us to try another date, without alcohol involved. I was enjoying the date that we were having until the tea because well, it is against my moral to drink." Colton thought for a moment on the kiss that lead to things, and he chuckled. Colton wondered if she would be up for something. "Um, actually, since you think that you kissing me screwed things up, might if I kiss you and see if it will screw things up?" Colton smiled lightly, and hoped that he did not just make an ass of himself. For some reason, he was really trying.
OOCOut of Character:
Told you he wasn't working with me. :/

Gabrielle heard Colton chuckle and forced herself to stop walking away. She was confused about what he thought was so funny about this situation. He said such sweet things to her when he said that he was not saying that he didn't like last night. Then he called her a beast and she turned to look at him with a raised eyebrow and her mouth dropped. "Oh I'm the beast am I?" Gabrielle teased as her eyes locked onto Colton before she have him a quick wink. He had no room to talk about her being a beast because there were quite a few places on her that were sore because of their love making session last night. Both of them weren't exactly as gentle as they probably would have preferred which kind of dulled the romantic aura it could have had. Gabrielle didn't mind though. Just the fact that Colton seemed to care enough to be so kind and gentle with her right now was enough to make Gabrielle feel like the luckiest girl in the world. But then he asked about another date again and Gabrielle bit her lip as she resisted the urge to grin and get overexcited about it. This date had gone fantastic, and to think it was her very first date too. It made her feel much closer with Colton now and she even sort of wondered how long they were going to keep hanging out. She didn't care if she dated him or not by this point. "I think I'd really like to go on a second date with you Colton. Perhaps somewhere that doesn't serve alcohol this time? Maybe we could actually get some of this Healer training in too." She shrugged her shoulders softly as she flicked some of her straightened hair out of her face and allowed it to frame her pale oval face. Perhaps this time they'd go out to a museum or to see a movie or something. Someplace where they wouldn't be led into committing what they had last night. Even if Gabrielle really liked it and wouldn't mind being that close like that with Colton again. It made her feel loved, special admired, a lot of things that she knew she shouldn't depend on Colton for but seemed to almost do it anyways. This is why she didn't like the idea of being in love or having feelings for someone. She hated depending on another.

"I don't mind. But are re you sure us kissing again is a good idea?" After all it had taken only one kiss last night for them to lose control and let things go further. Then again maybe just a small kiss wouldn't hurt either of them. Gabrielle liked the feeling of Colton's lips anyways. They were really soft and gentle. Why did he want to kill her and see if he screwed things up? Did he secretly like her and just want to feel her lips again or was there something else going on. The blonde's mind reached like a million minute's per hour as she tried to come up with a conclusion for all of this.

The young Healer was most certainly glad when Gabrielle stopped walking away completely. Though when she teased him about herself being a beast and then winking at him, Colton knew just what she meant by that. Colton blushed heavily and he chuckled nervously, as he was rather speechless about that. It was not like he meant to. That alcohol had amazing affects upon him. It caused the suppressed being to emerge, and turns out, he was a romantic, caring and a beastly man in the sheets. Colton liked to be gentle but his inner self that was also a part of him would easily say different. Colton often wondered what made him suppress that side of him anyway. Oh that is right, his studies. Colton tried to read Gabrielle and then wished that he had Legilimency so that he could get into her mind and feel what she feels about the second date. He could not tell with females, as he did not show many emotions, he did not know when they came about either. When she agreed, a soft smile spread across his lips. But this time, they would have to go a place that did not serve alcohol. He would have to think about that, and he simply said that he would think of a place or something to do that did not involve alcohol whatsoever. Well, look at what happened last time! Things went...not according to plan, not by a long shot. Perhaps had his house or her own? He would have to give some serious thought to it, because this was a big thing for him. Dating and all again, Colton had never really done it, exactly. He had hung out with people before, but that was as far as he had ever gone, and planned to go as well.

Colton had different thoughts with this girl though. He wanted to get to know her, befriend her and date her. And know her even more than he did right now because she seemed like an interesting girl to him. "I think us kissing would be a good idea... I am sober and so are you, so I think we won't end up like we had last night," murmured Colton with a bright smile on his face. A small kiss would not harm anything right? Colton gently brushed her hair over her ear softly, and caressed her cheek softly. He was taking his time, almost nervous about it. Just go for it, urged Colton in his mind. He leaned down and his lips brushed gently with her own, taking in the soft and gentle kiss that was not nearly as animalistic as before. Colton savored it, but to ensure that they would not do anything like they had the previous night, he gently pulled away and he grinned, "And we are still standing, and I have no regrets." Maybe they could count that as their first kiss rather than the last one. He liked the feel of her lips against his, and would love to do that again and again, alas he wanted to get to know her first before engaging in further opportunities. They would be there in the future if Colton did not screw anything up. She had already proven that she was at least ten times better than that other girl that managed to get Colton in bed with her.

Gabrielle blinked softly for a moment before a shy but pretty smile formed onto her glossed lips. She was really hoping that he would want to kiss her again because it meant that he was somewhat interested in her enough to maybe have them see each other again. Sure he had asked her out on another date but for as much as she knew it could be nothing more than a pity date, which was far from what Gabrielle wanted. She would be so much more content with just being his student and learning from him and nothing more than be pitied by him. Maybe she actually had a chance at being happy with another person other than herself, if her heart allowed her to be that is. Gabrielle barely had a moment to think about her actions last night meaning something before she watched Colton give her a bright smile then tuck her hair over her ear softly. The movement was so gentle that she almost felt shivers run up her spine at feel of his skin so close to hers. Then he leaned down and their lips met for just a moment that was so much more romantic and simple than it was before. Thing about it was that it was just enjoyable as the one last night, if even even more so. She thought in a way that it was so romantic for him to do so. The kiss was broken and Gabrielle had to resist the urge to lean in and kiss him again. "Colton...I'll....see you later okay. Get back to me about that second date when you can because I had a really good time last night." Gabrielle spoke to him softly as she stepped back a little but kept her eyes fixed onto Colton with every step she took. She really hoped he would get back to her. They needed to get started on their training anyways. She wasn't sure what was going to become of them but she hoped it would end up positive for them in end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back