Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Engaged
Sexual Orientation
(Homosexual)
Wand
Straight 17 Inch Swishy Wenge Wand with Billywig Stinger Core
Cas had thought long and hard about this. He wanted to- no, really, he needed to talk to someone. He just... didn't know who. At least, not until he learned there was a school therapist. He felt nervous about this, unsure that any adult would want to listen to his problems. But he needed to talk to someone, and he didn't think he had any other choice. He made his way to the library, not noticing the paint on his nose. He had his hands stuffed in his pockets. He just... stood outside the office for awhile, trying to build up the courage to go in. Eventually, he raised his hand and knocked softly on the door. If no one answered, he would say he tried and forget this silly adventure altogether.

Maria had been having a surprisingly quiet time at work recently. Quiet enough that it worried her. She knew all too well that being a teenager was never easy, and there weren't really lulls in how awful it could be. So the fact that her office had been emptier than usual was a worrying one; it meant there were kids out there burying their feelings, trying to grin-and-bear-it rather than seeking the help they may need. So when there was a knock on her door while she was organising her paperwork she hurried to stand up, giving the boy on the other side a friendly smile as she opened the door. "Hi, come on in." She said gently, stepping aside and gesturing for him to come inside. "I'm Maria, I'm the counsellor, were you looking to talk to me?"

Casper swallowed nervously, rubbing the back of his neck and nodding shyly as the woman appeared and asked if he wanted to talk. He knew he probably needed to. "Y-yes, um... my name is Casper." He told her, shoving his hands in his pockets. "Do you um... have some time?" He asked, peeking up at her through his golden hair.

Maria gave Casper a reassuring smile as he introduced himself. "I do, come on in." She said with a smile, gesturing him into her office. "Take a seat, would you like a cup of tea?" She asked, closing the door behind Casper once he was in the room and crossing to the side table where she kept tea things.

Cas was fidgeting a bit, wringing his hands. He did as he was told, walking in and sitting on the couch. He picked up a pillow and held it in his lap, rubbing one corner between his fingers and watching the fabric. "No thank you," He spoke softly. He was worried if he took a cup of tea, he might drop it in his nervousness. He didn't want to embarrass himself so quickly. He peeked up at her, unsure what to say. How did you even start with a counsellor? Just start going on about your problems? He looked down again, lost for words.

Maria nodded and gave Casper a reassuring smile as she crossed to her desk, taking a seat and quickly setting up her enchanted quill to take notes for her. "Well, as I said, my name is Maria." She said gently, launching into her well-practiced introduction. "Before we start, I need to explain a little about how this works. Mainly, I need to explain confidentiality laws. Anything you say in this room stays entirely between us, so there's nothing to fear when it comes to telling me things. It will stay between us, one hundred percent. There's only one exception." She said gently. "If I believe that you're in immediate danger of hurting yourself or someone else, I'm legally obligated to tell your Head of House, so you can get the care you need to keep everyone safe." She explained, giving him a small smile. "Does that all make sense?" She asked, waiting for the boy to affirm before she carried on. "Now, what's brought you here today?"

Cas listened as the woman spoke, a bit relieved really that she couldn't tell anyone he'd been here. He didn't really want the twins knowing he was in therapy. They thought he was soft enough already. He nodded as she asked if it made sense. It sounded fairly simple, really. She wouldn't tell anyone he was here unless he revealed some crazy dangerous nonsense. So basically, no one else would ever know he was here.

He hesitated then, as she asked why he was there. He shifted nervously, staring at his hands. "I just..." He struggled to find the right words. Tears pricked his eyes, and he tried to swallow past the lump in his throat. "I'm just so tired," he finally settled on. "I feel... like there's something wrong with me," he admitted gently. "I just... hurt all the time. Nothing I've tried makes the pain go away. At least, never for long." Cas sighed, slipping off his shoes and pulling his knees up onto the couch, hugging them to his chest. "I just want it to stop," he spoke softly, his hair falling to cover his eyes.

Maria nodded sympathetically as she listened, leaning forward slightly. "Can you tell me more about the pain?" She asked gently. "What kind of pain is it, where does the feeling sit in your body? What are the kind of things that set it off?" Casper's description had been vague so she decided to approach the problem like a doctor, looking for more information to find the root of the pain.

Cas fidgeted a little, trying to figure out where to start. He rubbed a hand over his chest without thinking. "It's... everything, I guess," he managed shyly. "I... was adopted. I don't know anything about my birth parents." He sighed. "I... was supposed to be my adopted fathers' legacy. I was told I was going to marry a nice girl, have a nice house and a family. I was supposed to be a businessman. Doctor, lawyer, CEO. Something like that." He shook his head, biting his lip. "I... I'm an artist. They tried to stop me. I kept sneaking around. Eventually, they kicked me out. Said I couldn't go back until I got my priorities right." He hugged the pillow to his chest. "I told my uncle- er, my adopted fathers brother, Abner, I told him. He took me in. I live with him and Stan and the twins now." He tried to smile, but it came out more as a grimace.

"Aunt Cara just died. It's... been hard. Stan is even quieter than normal. The twins didn't even go home for breaks. Uncle Abner... he's not doing okay. He buried her alone, you know. Aunt Cara had rich parents, they were out in the mountains somewhere, and we were all in school. He didn't have anyone. Asher was on tour, uncle Abner wouldn't tell him anything until Ash was home again." Casper sighed. "I just feel like I'm a burden there now." He admitted gently. "Abner is... struggling pretty bad. I don't want to bother him any more." Cas fell quiet, hiding a bit now in the pillow he had wrapped around.

Maria listened as Casper talked about his life, a little caught off guard to be given so much information all at once. She listened as her quill scratched rapidly across its parchment, recording everything Casper had said. "Alright, slow down for me please." She said gently, holding up a hand to stop him once it seemed like he was running out of steam. "Let's take this one step at a time. So, your aunt and uncle took you in, and you've just lost your aunt?" She said gently. "Can we talk about that? It sounds like you've had a very difficult few years. How do you feel about your aunt's passing?" She paused for a moment, before adding. "I don't want to hear about how your uncle feels right now, I'm here for you. I want to hear how you feel."

Cas nodded slowly, quiet for a few moments as he thought over her question. "I feel... lost," he admitted gently after a bit. "I barely fit when everyone was there. Aunt Cara... losing her, it really broke up the house. I went from being on the edges to being on the outside." Cas sighed. "I just... don't feel like I belong there anymore. To be honest... sometimes I don't think I really belong anywhere." He toyed with the fringe on his pillow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back