Closed Opening Up

At the comparison Jamie couldn’t help but laugh, ”Sir, you’d be surprised with how often people say that to me,” he told him but it was true he was so often referred to as a puppy or an overly excited dog, it seemed almost fitting that this man he didn’t much know would think the same of him. ”At the very least I’m not scared of cats,” he then joked a little figuring that as Onyx had said that his own family had talked about how they referred to him as a cat. ”Thanks for breakfast,”

James chuckled. “Hey, there’s a great market for those puppy kitty calenders, you know. It’s cute.” He nodded when Jamie thanked him. “Anytime, boyo.” He ran a hand through his hair. “Actually, I’m gonna need to be an embarrassin uncle for a bit. Ya know I’m a photographer, yeah?”James smiled wickedly. “Would I interest ya in old kitten photos? He was a cute little bugger,” he laughed.

Jamie smiled and gave a little laugh, he nodded at the statement knowing that James was a photographer and though he knew Onyx wasn’t necessarily going to like it, he nodded. ”Very much so,” he said with a small smile. ”I have no doubt that he was a cute child,” he said in agreement, thinking that a man that cute now had to have been a cute child.

James grinned wickedly, flicking his wand and a few moments later a few scrapbooks came floating in. He grinned, picking one from the pile and pushing it over to Jamie. “Ya know, boyo, of all the men in the world I must admit there’s a bit of poetry in letting another James take my little Nyxy. And its absolutely hilarious because I know he hasn’t figured that out,” He laughed again, sipping his tea.

Jamie laughed lightly and shrugged a little, ”If it helps no one calls me James,” he told him and it was true no one called his James, even on the quidditch team they all called him Jamie, only on official documents was he ever James. ”I should probably tell him at some point, but there’s never been an occasion to casually drop that my name technically is James,” he said. Perhaps there had just been no opening and Jamie had created no opening.

Onyx had been quick to fall asleep, and unsurprisingly he had slept through the night. He was slow to wake up the next morning, his bed was warm. He rolled over, stretching and slowly coming to. He ran his tongue over his lips, flicking his lip ring without really thinking. He reached out, fingers outstretched and wanting to cuddle. His eyes fluttered open and he sat up. He felt his heart drop at how empty his room was. He sighed, falling back onto the pillows.

After a minute, he sighed and got up. He found his wand and slipped it into his pocket with his phone. He’d gotten into the habit of having his wand with him even if his magic was weak like his uncle had advised him. He turned on his phone and plugged in his headphones, trying not to pout too much as he wandered into the kitchen. He hated waking up alone. If he hadn’t been staring at his feet he might have spotted the men sitting in the kitchen, but he was busy pouting.

He shuffled over to the fridge, pulling out a juice box. Nothing in the fridge was ready to eat, so he turned to the cupboard and opened that up instead, trying to cheer up when he saw the box of ready to eat pastries. He reached for them but they were too high. He almost climbed onto the counter, but he hesitated. He remembered how Jamie had gone on about magic. He bit his lip, hesitating a minute before pulling out his wand. He tried the spell, once, twice, dissapointed when the spell didn’t work. He tried a third time, and the box shot down. His pleasure was short lived as the box slammed into his nose hard enough that he fell back onto the floor.

He cussed, holding his hands over his face. Grumbling, frustrated, he pushed himself up, gathering his scattered things- the phone, the wand, the box, throwing them carelessly onto the counter. He turned and shuffled back to his room, tired and frustrated. He fell back into bed and pulled the covers up over his head, agitated and just wanting to sleep.

James chuckled, crossing his leg and sipping his tea. He was about to comment again when Nyxy came shuffling out. He raised a brow, noting the headphones. “Well, someones poutin,” he mused, chuckling a little when Onyx smacked himself with the box. “Well, he’s tryin again at least,” he sipped his tea, watching as Onyx tossed everything on the counter and retreated again. He chuckled, gathering their plates and standing. “Poutin is now your department, boyo.” He winked, walking away towards the sink to clean up.

Jamie glanced up at the shuffling and watched as Onyx seemed oblivious to them and was trying to get things together for some food or something. He just watched him with a fondness in his eyes. He laughed a little but when Onyx left the room, he began moving, intending to go join him. He was still a little tired and now that he was no longer hungry he knew he could spend a little more time cuddling against Onyx. ”Thanks sir,” he said as he left the room to go follow Onyx back to bed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back