Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Eternally Smitten
Wand
Cedar Wood, Hippogriff Feather core, 13 1/2 inches
Onyx felt a little bit better being back in his own room. He'd had to wash the makeup from his face before slipping into comfy pajamas, forgetting that it was Jamie's shirt he'd conveniently forgotten to return and a pair of sweats. Before long, though, they were curled up in Onyx's bed, the covers tucked comfortably around them. Onyx sighed, a little calmer but still hurting, nuzzling his face a little more into Jamie's neck. "I'm sorry about the party," he murmured, "I'm sorry if I ruined your night," he apologized softly.

Last edited:
Jamie had brought Onyx back to his flat in Brightstone, and had helped him to the bedroom. he had walked out of the room, allowing Onyx the space to get changed, and he conjured himself something to wear for the night. He got them some glasses of water and walked back into the bedroom jsut as onyx was getting himself on the bed, and had seemingly tucked himself in. He placed the water in and with a light wave of his wand conjured a light lavender scent in the room. He got into the bed and smiled softly at him. "It's okay, you can't ruin anything, and certainly nothing is ruined when I get to spend the night with you," he reached out and lightly touched his cheek as it was nuzzled into his neck.

Onyx smiled softly, bringing a hand up to cover Jamie's. He shut his eyes, trying to unwind the ball of stress that was knotted in his stomach. He sighed. He needed to talk to Jamie, really open himself up. He was already having a bad day, right? Part of him thought Jamie might react badly, but at least if Jamie did, it would just make an already bad day worse. It was probably a twisted way of thinking, but still.

Onyx sighed again, trying to piece together where to start. Slowly, he started to talk about the things he could remember. He spoke about growing up essentially by himself, of how his uncle had always travelled for work and gone from place to place, how no one had ever missed Onyx after he'd left or attempted to get in contact with him again. He spoke about his sister, how their parents had died and how they'd been separated, of how they'd grown up apart and how he'd had to fight so hard to try and win her over.

He spoke of how he'd gone to school just to be with her, of how he had been so focused on Sapphire when he got there that he had basically just become the add on twin. He talked about Jake, about the secrets and the lying and how Onyx hadn't been good enough, how Jake had kept Onyx hidden away before abandoning him without an explanation. And Onyx spoke of Chrys. He spoke of how he'd given everything to the Hufflepuff, how the attention won him over and how he'd been blind to the toxicity of their relationship because he had just been so drunk on being wanted that he hadn't realized Chrys didn't love him.

He told Jamie everything; from vying for Chrys's attention, to catching him with Elio, to the fallout and the aftermath. Of how Chrys had kissed someone else in front of the entire school less than a week later, of how he'd met Isla and how important she had been to him, of how close they were. Onyx wasn't sure when, but eventually he'd sat up and was slowly sipping on his water as he bared everything to Jamie.

He hesitated, running his thumb along the glass as he thought over his next words. "Jamie, I... did I tell you what happened? How I got this scar, how I lost my memory?" He asked softly, unable to look at the other man as he said it.

Jamie listened as Onyx softly spoke about his life, and Jamie just nodded along. He listened and lightly his fingers moved around Onyx's face. He hmmed and nodded occasionally, and he had to admit everything began painting a picture of this man in front of him. He felt so sorry for all that Onyx had had to gone through. It felt a little odd to hear all about it. "You haven't," he said, "But you don't have to baby, you don't need to tell me anything that you don't feel completely comfortable telling me." he leaned in lightly and kissed the top of his head. "But I'll always listen to anything you do want to tell me, and nothing you tell me will change how I feel about you,"

Onyx sighed, leaning back to cuddle further into Jamie. "No, mon chiot, I... I need to get it off my chest. I'm opening up all the way," he bit his lip. "Do you... remember how I told you we don't talk about my aunt?" He asked slowly. He sighed, burrowing further into Jamie. "Right... right after sixth year ended, Sapph and me were supposed to go out for lunch with friends. I was... still upset, but I was getting better, you know? Starting to feel like a person again, getting things put back together. I... I saw this businessman drop his suitcase so I stopped to help him pick it up."

Onyx shifted a bit, struggling to continue, but slowly he told Jamie the story of the attack. He spoke about how he had seen his aunt raising her wand, how he'd shoved Sapphire out of the way and been thrown back into the pillar, how he'd almost died and how confused and lost he'd been when he woken up with no idea who he was and no memories. He smiled bitterly, clinging a bit more to Jamie. "I was still in the hospital when Isla came by," he started, gently going on to tell Jamie of how Isla had come in and convinced him they were a couple.

Jamie nodded, "Okay baby, I'm listening," he told him before just listening as Onyx told the story of what had happened. He held Onyx tighter during the moments of hearing about how badly he had been hurt. "You were quite brave," he told him. He nodded lightly, and just keeping on nodding and moving his fingers lightly. Keeping his attention close. The more he heard about Isla the more he disliked her, not quite as much as Chrys, but it was just wrong...so wrong. "She shouldn't have done that to you," he told him sincerely.

Onyx sighed softly, leaning up and pressing a soft kiss to Jamie's jaw. He continued on, talking quietly about how it had been a struggle, how things didn't fit, how he could feel Isla had been hiding something but not knowing what, how torn up he had been for not being attracted to her, how guilty he had felt after the few months with Ben. He laughed dryly, commenting on how hard it had been, laying awake at night and just knowing he was missing something, remembering he had been in love and feeling like he'd been loved but knowing he was alone. He talked about how he'd confronted Isla, and how he'd tried to run to Ben's when he'd learned what she'd done.

He shook his head, hiding his face in Jamie's neck and sighing. "I was at his place, crying, furious, just... really torn up, and... I don't even remember what it was, but he said something, and it just, it clicked. I remembered. I remembered Chrys, all the blank pieces, I remembered the entire relationship, and when I looked at Ben, I just, I-" he took a deep breath, gripping Jamie's shirt tightly.

"I knew. He was Chrys's older brother. Chrys and I had been together for over a year, I gave him all I had, and he- his own brother didn't even know who I was." Onyx laughed brokenly, shaking his head. "It was just- it was too much. I knew I was just a fling, I didn't even mean anything to him, but I'd been kind of crushing on him, and I just- I couldn't, I couldn't take it, it was too much. I didn't even say goodbye, I just- I just left, I ran, and I never went back." He bit his lip, feeling ashamed. It had been the last time he'd seen Ben. He sighed, hiding his face in Jamie's neck.

Jamie just kept listening to him as he kept speaking about what had happened. He thought it was funny how boring his life was in comparison to Onyx's but really it was probably a good thing, he didn't have these experiences. He just kept listening to what Onyx was saying, telling him about the older brother and he just sighed, "Baby, your emotions were just all over the place, you can't be held to account with that, with everything else going on," he said and he pressed another kiss to his head. "I'm sorry all of these things happened to you, I'm glad you are here with me now."

Onyx smiled shakily, relaxing into Jamie further. It was a little odd how he just felt... safe, here. With Jamie. He ran his thumb lightly over Jamie's side, taking a moment to breath. "I'm glad you're here, too," he admitted softly. "It was only a month or so after the fallout when you found me." he spoke softly, hesitating a little. "The graduation... it was harder than I thought. I just... my last dance was with Chrys. I didn't get to go to the ball, I wasn't on the graduates page in the yearbook, I didn't get to be with my sister and our friends, I just... sat in the crowd and watched. It just... I felt really alone," he admitted softly, sighing.

He bit his lip. "And I... I saw Chrys today. After. It was... I don't know, I haven't seen him since things ended." He spoke slowly. "It was... weird. I saw him, and... I didn't care." He shook his head. "He barely acknowledged me, and I can't say I'm really surprised. I guess it just... I dunno, after everything, I guess... I guess I just don't matter. It just makes me wonder if I ever did." He sighed. He spoke gently, fidgeting a little with the hem of Jamie's shirt. "It made me realize, I... I'm not afraid of falling in love again," he could feel his heart pounding in his chest. "I'm afraid of falling alone," he added quietly.

Jamie gave a little smile and sighed a little, he could understand why he would feel so alone watching that happen to others and not be able to take part. But he wanted to press that it didn't define him, that he was as worthy and that it was just a boring graduation ceremony. It didn't help that he was then to run into Chrys and that had to make things worse. He held hima little tighter, and he smiled, "If it helps even a little you really don't have to worry about that with me, I'm definitely falling for you, falling hard,"

Onyx's eyes shot open, and he sat up a little, looking to Jamie with wide blue eyes. "What?" he breathed, heart fluttering in his chest. He didn't wait for an answer, leaning down and kissing Jamie instead. He smiled, brushing Jamie's hair back. "You're too good for me, you know that, right?" He asked, having to pull back a little to yawn. He fell back down into bed, curling up against Jamie. Onyx just felt very worn out, and tired. "Will you stay with me tonight?" He asked quietly.

Jamie smiled at him, "Well, yeah, I think from that moment you arrived at my apartment to thank me after the bar night, I just started falling," he kissed him back, "I'm not too good for you and you aren't too good for me,we're good enough for each other," He nodded and held Onyx closely, letting him curl up against him. "Of course, I wouldn't be in this bed if I wasn't," he said softly trying to encourage Onyx to sleep. He noted that it didn't take too long for Onyx to fall asleep, but it took him a little longer, timezones playing into it a little but he just eventually was lulled to sleep by the weight in his arms.

The graduation party had gone alright, though James had noticed quickly how Onyx had taken off. He had gathered it had been with the french boy after talking to Sapphire. James had to admit he was a little worried, he would need to speak to Jamie soon. He was thinking it over when he got up the next morning. It didn't look like anyone in the house was stirring yet, so James made his way to the kitchen and started making breakfast. He put on the kettle and pulled some eggs out of the fridge. Scrambled eggs sounded good right now.

Jamie woke up before Onyx the next morning. He could hear the sound of noise of someone else in the house. He could feel his stomach rumblings, and though he didn't want to leave Onyx, he pressed a kiss to Onyx's sleeping head and then got out of bed. He put his trousers on and headed towards the kitchen and he spotted the uncle, James and smiled slightly at him. "Oh hi," he said with a slightly shy tone. "Onyx is still out, but I heard someone making food...and I'm a little hungry," he admitted.

James was a little surprised to hear an unusual voice in his kitchen and turned to find Jamie standing in the kitchen. "Oh, good mornin," he greeted easily, motioning for Jamie to take a seat. "I'm makin enough for everyone," He smiled, turning back to his meal prep. "I've been meanin to talk to ya anyway, boyo," James spoke, his Irish accent a little stronger this early in the morning. "Quite the talk of the party, when we found our little kitten whisked away." He chuckled. "Some o' the others were talkin a rescue mission, but oddly enough his sister put an end to that right off. Apparently ya won a night of peace when ya ditched the party for Nyxy boy." James turned to flash Jamie a smile, winking playfully before turning back to the food he was making. "Take him out for a tumble already, did ya? Good ta know those silencin charms on his room still work." He laughed lightly.

Jamie gave a little smile and then took a seat. He wasn’t too sure he really wanted to talk to this man, he could only fear the worse for what would be discussed. He nodded, somewhat surprised that it had been Sapphire who seemingly hated him who had put it to rest, letting them be left alone and unsearched for. He couldn’t help the frown at what the man said, ”Sir, with all due respect, that’s your nephew…,” he wasn’t sure, given all he’d found out about Onyx last night that the way in which his family talked about him when he wasn’t around was good or fair, they made such assumptions about him and whether true or not, to always think that of a family member, to say to someone felt wrong. ”We didn’t, he saw his ex at the graduation, was drunk and upset, so rather than making him suffer a night where everyone else celebrates but not him. He wanted to come home so I brought him home and he went to sleep, I just stayed,” He didn’t mention that he had talked, he didn’t want to violate Onyx’s trust by telling the uncle about what he’d said to him.

James grinned, pouring the egg mix into the pan. "Oh, aye," he agreed easily. He listened to Jamie talk, chuckling a little bit as the man finished talking. "Well, good on ya, boyo." James picked up a wooden spoon, gently stirring the eggs while they cooked. It didn't take long before he'd finished making them, eggs always cooked fast. He set the pan aside, serving up two small plates. He turned, sliding a plate and fork over to the Frenchman before settling across from him with a plate of his own. "Then I'm sure ya won't mind if I ask ya what your intentions are," he went on casually. "Nyxy boy is... he's soft. Even the fun uncle is gonna worry about him," he took a bite of his eggs, studying Jamie curiously.

Jamie didn’t think that James was really taking him that seriously. He did appear to be listening but Jamie was sure there was something to the family dynamics that he didn’t know yet and therefore couldn’t really comment too much about it. He took the plate as it was handed to him and of course the statement which followed made sense. Intentions. He didn’t think soft was the right word to describe it, but perhaps he was just overthinking it slightly. ”I don’t really have intentions...you know..I’d like to date him and see where it goes,” he said with a little shyness not sure how much to say. ”I really like him, and I know he’s been hurt before, but I care about him..,” he held the fork lightly in his hands not yet eating.

James ate quietly, listening to the man speak. James summoned over a few cups and got some tea, thinking over what he wanted to say. “Just be sure of what you’re doin, boyo. Nyxy is… the simplest way to put it is that he’s quick to fall in love, very loyal and dedicated.” James sipped his tea, watching Jamie curiously. “At first I thought it was another bout of quick tumblin,” James set his cup down, running a finger along the rim. “But if it’s more than that, boyo, well… just make sure ya know what you’re doin. Whatever way he goes about it, if ya stick around, he’ll be yours.” James smirked a little and sipped his tea again.

Jamie finally put his fork into the food and smiled softly, ”Some would say those are good things,” he countered but he knew what James meant, knowing Onyx’s history or some of it he knew why he would say such a thing. ”Perhaps it helps that I’m those things too?” he told him, ”I’ve not had as many relationships as Onyx has had, but when I fall for someone it’s quick and I’m usually the one to fight for it,” he didn’t just want this to appear one sided, Jamie cared deeply for Onyx, he didn’t want to bring up the piano but he knew that would maybe help sway it. ”No offense, sir, but I really hope he’d be mine because he likes me, not because I stuck around. I want him to pick me not settle for me,”

James thought about Jamie’s question, even if he was partly sure it was rhetoric. “Well, boyo, that would be a change,” He chuckled a little, knowing how one-sided things usually were. Even before it had gone bad, when Onyx had brought Chrys home, it had always been Onyx chasing around after the boy. It would be a nice change to see someone actively chasing Onyx instead. Though he got the feeling it would be more mutual than anything.

James actually laughed at Jamie’s last comment. “Boyo, there’s no questionin that he likes you. I’ve seen the way he’s been actin. The blushin and the sighs, actin lovesick.” James shook his head, amused. “My point was, boyo, just be sure ya want him. He’s likely to just curl up in your lap and never move. Just make sure that’s where ya want him. I don’t think he could take it if ya dropped him,” James smiled a bit, taking another bite of his food.

Jamie nodded along, and was at least pleased that from James’ perspective he did like him. He had figured it too, and Onyx had obviously admitted as much but it was always nice to be assured of it. He took a bite of his food and lightly sipped his tea, ”I’ll stick around as long as he wants me,” Jamie said with a light smile. ”And if he wants to be curled in my lap, I’ll never move,” he joked on the last part but he would never mind the touch, he’d always been a free love sort of person, keen and eager for physical touches and affection which he would pass on as best he could to Onyx. ”He’s great,” he said finally with a shrug and a shy but fond smile thinking of him.

James laughed lightly. He liked this kid. Jamie was sweet. He held out a hand, smiling. “Welcome to the family, kid.” He chuckled again, leaning back and sipping his tea. “So. Quidditch player. Is that a lifetime profession?” He asked, already imagining Onyx sitting in the stands peeking through his fingers.

Jamie took his tea and lightly sipped it. He gave a half shrug, ”I play for the french national team which can be for a rather long time, but not necessarily life time,” he replied, he had grades and the ability to do something else afterwards. ”It’s pretty good money really, and I get a lot of sponsorship deals because of,” he pointed to his own face. He didn’t take a lot of them up, he didn’t care for that he loved playing but he knew in part that he got them because, as one of Onyx’s relatives last night had said he was “pretty”. ”But I just love the game really and I’m good at it,” Jamie thought about mentioning how talented onyx was but he knew that he hadn’t been telling people about his playing yet and didn’t want to say anything that would tip James off.

James smiled a little, almost mentioning Onyx’s sudden interest in studying Quidditch, but that was for them to discuss, really. He chuckled as Jamie motioned to his face. “I suppose you are a bit of a looker. Nyxy’s last boy was part veela, but the kid was… well, cute, I suppose, but almost in a too-perfect kinda way. You’re more… well, the last boy was a statue at the louvre, pretty to look at but cold stone, you’re more… a puppy. Cute, but warm and lovable.” James chuckled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back