OOC First Name
Faye
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
Wand
Curly 13 Inch Unyielding Alder Wand with Augurey Tail Feather Core
Lilith was particularly excited for the Halloween feast. Halloween was one of her favourite so said holiday, back at home it wasn't really celebrated, not like in other countries at least, but she loved the idea of it. Being in a place where it was celebrated more though was just amazing to the first year and she was brimming with excitement as she waltzed her way to the familiar dorm room door.

Lilith adjusted her hair a little as she knocked on the door, waiting for the blond boy to open so she could start her persuasion. She had given up on the dream of getting Eoghan to dress up for this year, but she was determined to get him to the feast with her. The first year Ravenclaw had dressed up as a lion, with her hair having been in multiple braids the night before and drawn on whiskers on her cheeks as well as a black dot on the tip of her nose. Her outfit was just a simple brown/beige dress with some furry jacket on top. She was particularly proud of her imagination and handiwork, now all that was left was to get to the feast. "Antaresss, come open the door and to the feast with me. Pleaseee." Lilith said a tad impatiently through the door, she had only just knocked but she wanted to get there already.

Even though Eoghan had been expecting the knock at some point, his stomach still dropped when he finally heard it. He was hoping that maybe Lilith would have found someone else to attend the Halloween Feast with since he'd so adamantly told her he wasn't attending. He'd been lying on his bed in his robes for most of the afternoon, and now as he rolled off and trudged over to the door, he hoped the fact he wasn't in the slightest bit dressed for the occasion would give him at least one reason as to why he wouldn't have been able to go with her.

"I already said.." Eoghan said as he pulled open the door, stopping mid-sentence as he caught sight of Lilith wearing her hair up, much frizzier than it usually was, and her face covered with makeup. "I already said I'm not going," he finished, looking her up and down. He hadn't seen many of the other student's costumes tonight, although he had to admit that Lilith did look good for the occasion and he had no doubt that when she went down there on her own, she would find it very easy to strike up a conversation with the others that had likely tried hard. Eoghan had left his book on his bed behind him, so he leaned against the door as it was pulled ajar, "But I do hope you have a great time," he wasn't being insincere although it would have been hard for anyone who didn't know him that he was being genuine.

The uninterest in her best friends voice was in fact not enough to dull the excitement of the girl. She could have been jumping up and down with the energy running through her bloodstream right now. Though is denial of the invite did make her frown. "Please, I have nobody else and you are my best friend so like it is kind of your duty. You don't have to dress up, but please just come with me. It'll be fun and I don't want to go alone I want to go with you." Lilith pleaded her case.

Bringing her hands up in front of her chest in a form of prayer and putting on the best puppy eyes she could muster she tried again. "Preeettyy please, if it's awful we can come back and hang out in the dorms. Just come check it out with me, please please please." She really did want to go, but not alone. She needed him there with her and she wanted to spend time with him any which way. She didn't know what she could offer as a sort of an exchange, but she was hoping he'd give in. "I'll.... I'll do more tarot readings with you! Or well let you do more for me or our friendship!" She would be down for that either way and she thought both of them probably knew as much, but didn't hurt to try.

It had been so long since Eoghan had been on best friend duty, but this was one of the main reasons he'd kept his distance from others anyway. He didn't want to be dragged to some childish event the school was hosting just to watch the other students show off their costumes. If they wanted to do that without him they were more than welcome to but why did that mean he had to give up time to feed into their egos? Besides, there were some student's ego's that didn't need any more inflating. He said nothing for a moment, as Lilith started to beg him to go with her and he started to toss up the options in his head. Eoghan already knew it would be awful because it was making a mockery of traditions, but judging by the excited eyes of his best friend he didn't voice those opinions out loud.

The first year moved away from the door, heading back towards his bed and longingly admiring the space he'd been curled up in until just a moment ago. "What makes you think I wouldn't do those anyway?" he said, a cheeky grin on his face as he peered over his shoulder once more at her. "If I go with you, I am only going to see what it's like and then I'm coming back here, to read. You can stay if you want," he added. Perhaps all it would require was walking her down to the Great Hall until she got distracted with someone else. He had to admit that it was nice to feel as though she wanted him to go with her above anyone else. Then again, maybe he would have had a peaceful evening instead if she'd knocked on someone else's door. He would have suggested she find Demi if he didn't hate the idea of Lilith attending with her. "Checking it out also means, ten minutes tops," he commented, shrugging off his robes.

There was a fraction of a second where Lilith debated on clawing her own eyes out from frustration, she had begged and pleaded what more could the stubborn boy want. She had half a mind to just leave and go alone, but then again she came here with the intent of not going alone. Throwing her head back she listened to his words.

"Great well maybe you'll like it or maybe I'll hate it. Who knows? Nobody will if you don't come and you'll lose bestie points. What a shame that would be truly, imagine Demi overtaking you. Now that would be a real scandal, maybe you'd like that. Ah maybe you actually secretly hate me. Yes that must be it." She didn't mean it of course, but she wasn't stupid. Lilith had noticed the disdain and hostility between her fellow Ravenclaws and she was not above using it to her advantage today. Truth was he wouldn't know if he liked the feast if he didn't even attend. "All I am asking you is to just attend to see what it is like. Not to spend the rest of our lives down there." Lilith didn't care whether it was ten minutes or ten hours, she just wanted to see what it was like and she wanted to see it with him.

Eoghan listened as Lilith tried to convince him to come with her, all while folding his robe neatly on the end of the bed, turned away with a small smile creeping on his face at her attempt. It wasn't that he enjoyed making her persuade him, but it was confirmation that he'd still made the right choice in a friend. If she'd been so quick and willing to give up, well they wouldn't have even come this far. "You wouldn't," he threw back, wondering if she really would try to use Demi against him knowing full well what he thought of the girl. Actually no, she would, if only for the rise. "And of course, I don't hate you," he added, not wanting her to believe that even if she was trying to be funny.

"Come on then," Eoghan finally agreed, returning to the door now with his sweater visible, sleeves rolled up to his elbows. He wasn't dressing up and still thought his plan of attending in his school robes would be perfectly acceptable, heck maybe he could even snag a tie off another student so that he could convince anyone who asked that he'd come as a Hufflepuff or similar. He left the dorm and his peace behind him, following Lilith as they headed down to the Great Hall.

Lilith rolled her ayes at his point that she wouldn't, of course she would not. It annoyed her to no ends that he knew it too and called her out on it. A groan slipped out of her mouth "Could have fooled me." She mumbled in response almost accepting defeat. Lilith was close to turning around and saying whatever, maybe she'd go back to her own room and cry.

Just as she made the move to open her mouth to tell him whatever, Eoghan at last gave in. "YES!! See this is why we are besties for resties!!" The Ravenclaw exclaimed in a louder voice than she had ever spoken in the castle, but she was just so excited. Taking in his outfit she internally sighed and promised herself that one of the years of their schooling, she would convince him to dress up. How she would do that? She had no idea, but she would, after all those cards had suggested their friendship would perhaps need determination and she had promised to be full of it.

As they made their way towards the Great Hall, there were already a bunch of students filing in and out. It was all so exciting and new, she had hard time wrapping her head around it all.

Every time Lilith used the word besties, Eoghan felt as though his internal organs were drying out as everything inside him cringed. It wasn't as bad as if she'd said it around other people though, at least he could deal with the title when it was only the two of them for company.

Eoghan had come to get to know this route to the Great Hall well over the last few weeks, given that he needed to do it multiple times a day. He still didn't look forward to the ascent on the return journey but at least he wasn't going to get lost anymore. The noise and chatter of the feast was in full swing the closer to the Great Hall they got, and Eoghan braced himself for whatever was around the corner. "They really go all out for Halloween," he mused to the pair of them, taking in the sites of the tables that were laden with Halloween treats, and the way in which the hall had been decorated for the event. Students were passing them in all sorts of outfits, and not for the first time, Eoghan was glad he wasn't participating. Lilith however seemed to fit right in.

The first year was watching her as she scanned the room, glad that if he was here at all at least he wasn't on his own either. "Do you ever have anything like this at home?" he asked, moving closer to her ear so she could hear him over the noise, and scooting a little closer to get out of the way of what looked like a student under their bedsheet.

If there were moments when the green eyes turned into red hearts or perhaps to one of those stars she so adored, it was in these moments. The Great Hall looked magical, pun intended, in all its decorations and festivities. The attention to detail was simply astonishing and mind boggling. Her trance was broken by the voice next to her ear and she turned to look at her friend with questioning eyes.

"No not really? Do you, I mean I know that in the big cities especially with international schools and such they do, but no not in Valtimo. Sure there are little things but nothing quite as grand as this." On the last word she made a gesture with her hand around the room. Oh no they never had it as big as this.

Though it was slightly overwhelming, the amount of students and staff, Lilith couldn't stop admiring everything around the Hall. Everywhere she looked there was a new little thing to be noticed and it was all just so exciting. She cast a look at her friend, whose disdain was palpable, but at least he had come and she appreciated it. Making a mental note to let him know that some time later as well.

Her eyes landed on the word spooky tent and it was as if lightning had struck. Taking Eoghan's slightly bigger and much warmer hand into her own freezing one, Lilith started to eagerly pull him towards the tent. "We have to check this one out!" She was way too excited about the prospect.

There was nothing Eoghan knew of that he could compare the site of the hall to. "Oh really?" He wouldn't have said it was on his bucket list to check them out, but it was still interesting to know that some of the bigger cities would host events too. "No I've never.." he trailed off, not entirely sure what Lilith would make of it if he told her he'd never attended anything to do with Halloween before. He hadn't even been trick or treating before, and his grandmother's strict rules growing up had meant that they'd never had others come to their house, either.

Eoghan stuck close to Lilith's side, not willing to let on just how out of depth he was here. It was a totally new experience and he was glad at least one of them between them seemed to know what to expect. That was until he felt her hand in his as she dragged him over toward a spooky tent. "Please tell me you're kidding," he half shouted in her direction, his legs unwillingly following her as though he had no option but to let her lead. There were strange noises coming out of the tent, and toward the exit, some other students looked as though they'd just had their lives flash before their eyes. "Checking it out does not mean we have to go in," he pressed, clinging to her hand as though if he let go he was about to be lost in the sea of monsters. Perhaps the ones he'd spent so long reading to stay away from.

Lilith was so excited she had half a mind to listen to his words. Though once she sensed his discomfort and perhaps even fear, it was like an invisible wall appeared in front of her as she did a full stop. Slowly turning around she studied his face. "We can leave after going in there and I promise to defend and protect you from whatever it is there is!" She raised her hand to offer her pinky for a promise.

"Though if you really really don't want to go in, we don't have to it is fine. If it's too much for you we will just stick to whatever else they have to offer." She added with a smile. Of course Lilith did want to go in like truly wanted, but if it was a clear boundary for Eoghan, she would not force him. Her priority was him being comfortable and never feeling pressured to do anything with her, she wanted him to know that she would keep him safe and not abuse the power their friendship gave her. Even if it meant missing out on something she wanted to experience.

When Lilith was as excited as she was, Eoghan had expected her to run into the spooky tent letting her joy of the situation take over. He almost crashed into her when she paused to turn and face him, and he did his best to tell his face to take the panic out of his eyes. He knew it wouldn't have been of much use, Lilith had already seen him panic although this time he wasn't about to let go of her hand. That was how he knew that the cards hadn't been lying to him; the fact he didn't want to leave her side, even when the thought of going through something that was designed to toy with his emotions and securities, meant that they'd been right when they said he could trust her. "I.." Eoghan looked down at her pinky promise, a mixed wave coursing through him, "Will I need protecting?" he asked partly to himself, slowly raising his free hand to meet her finger, all while glancing up to see how bad this was going be. Surely this was all just one big joke, nothing would literally try to hurt them, right?

Eoghan saw how excited she'd gotten when she'd spotted this feature, and they'd already made it this far so wouldn't it have been a waste? As much as he appreciated that she was willing to do something else for him, he didn't want to be known as that student who had been too scared to go through a stupid tent. "No it's fine," he swallowed nervously. "I'll check it out with you but you better not let go," he said, squeezing his fingers against hers. Boy, the things he'd do right now to be back in his room with his book. He hated this, truly, but he wasn't about to back away or let Lilith do it by herself either.

The worry was coursing through her body as Lilith noted the panic in Eoghan's eyes. She had seen that look before, that day he had pushed her away, but today he seemed more inclined to stay as close to her as possible. That was a good and welcome change. A small smile appeared on her face at his uncertain question and response to the pinky promise. "Quite honestly, I have no idea, but if need be I shall protect you my friend." She said truthfully.

There was a clear conflict in his eyes as he pondered his options and Lilith patiently waited for a response. As Eoghan agreed and gave her hand a squeeze telling her not to let go. She smiled and squeezed his hand tighter. "Never." Pulling his hand closer she led them through the opening of the tent.

There were a lot of jump scares and that was putting it lightly. It had been a lie, she was not the one providing any protection, for every jump scare the young girl was jumping out of her skin and practically clinging to her friends arm with all her might. She did laugh after, but she was thanking the stars for Eoghan being there.

The idea of someone else protecting Eoghan who wasn't his sister was strange, given that he hadn't trusted anyone else for long enough to give them that chance. On top of that, he was usually the one doing the protecting, since he felt a sense of obligation towards his smaller, no-maj sister. Lilith however Eoghan did trust, and she had exactly the same level of power as he had. Eoghan doubted it would be needed in a tent in their school no matter what had been set up for them, but it was at least comforting to know that she was around if he needed her help again.

The first year followed his friend through the tent, keeping close to her side as the numerous things inside would jump out at them. The Ravenclaw was learning that he seemed to be more skittish than he'd realised before coming to Hogwarts, as there were a great deal of things that startled him in this corridor. The Halloween events, it seemed, would be the pinnacle of this however as he found his heart racing by the time they'd cleared the feature. He'd seen enough jumping skeletons and shaking coffins to last him the full seven years of his time here. As they'd walked, Eoghan had stayed on Lilith's left, trying to keep her away from whatever and whoever was coming at them from his direction, although once they'd passed the flaps of the exit, Eoghan was still on edge. His muscle felt clamped up, and he could have sworn he had a cramp in his neck.

"I don't care if next year I dress up, but I will not be doing that again," he said once he had a moment to recollect himself. Realising that he was still holding hands with Lilith, he nervously pulled away as he was suddenly aware of how sweaty his palms had become, swiping them against his school jumper. "Are we done now?" he asked, looking around the rest of the room as his heart started to calm down, curious to know whether Lilith wanted to do anything else or if he was free from this nightmare.

Lilith didn't remember the last time she had been so scared, well a lie that moment at the lake when she had thought she'd never see those blue eyes again or that head of blond hair was pretty much as bad. Once they came out the tent the first year had to take a moment, just to let her heart rate go down a tad. Her body was still on full alert, though it had been fun and very thrilling, but she was happy to keep it a once a year type of thing.

A tiny laugh bubbled from her throat at his words. "Ah yes, no I might do it again next year, but once a year is quite enough." She said scanning the area around them. Everything was fine, nothing to be worried about. As Eoghan let go of her hand she took the time to stretch her limbs that already felt a bit stiff from the clenching. "Mm, I kind of wanted to do some apple bobbing, but honestly I think that might have been enough for tonight. I am quite tired and overwhelmed." She replied after taking a moment to listen to her body. Even though they hadn't been there for long, the amount of people combined with the scares of the tent, were enough to have drained her already limited social battery. "We could go get something to eat and the hang out in the dorms or common room if you'd like? Though if you want to be alone that is fine I am thankful for you accompanying me here already." There was no need for a ramble, but she had one anyways.

As Lilith laughed, Eoghan's eyes snapped back to her face as though the noise was enough to break his focus from the terrors around them. At least she'd seemed to have enjoyed it, even if it had scared the life out of him. He knew how Lilith felt about being tired and overwhelmed, although a small part of him wanted to make sure that she made the most of this evening, after all, she'd already put in a lot of effort to be here and they'd only done one thing so far. Regardless of whether or not Eoghan wanted to leave, he could tell Lilith had been having a good time, and perhaps even if she was tired, it would have been a good idea to try and do the apple bobbing while they were here. "As tempting as that offer is," truly because his favourite thing to do right now would have been to return to his room, "I think we should do the apple bobbing," he added. He knew he was going to look absolutely ridiculous if he did, but Lilith had helped him before and now he could help her too, if only to not waste the chance of being around the games. "Unless, you really want to go back?" he asked, not willing to put himself through the humiliation if Lilith didn't want to participate in the first place. That would have been a bad time for the both of them.

Lilith felt her eyes light up at those words. He'd do that for her? She knew he wanted nothing more than to leave, could see it written all over his face and star flecked eyes, yet here he was offering to stay longer. There were no words to describe the joy she felt, to have found a friend that was willing to go out of their comfort zone for her.

Rising to her tiptoes she clapped her hands excitedly and jumped up and down, not at all caring about how stupid she might look doing so. After all she was about to willingly dunk her face in the water to try to get an apple or something. She had never really tried the whole activity. "Yes please, let's try it and perhaps after that we can leave? Would be a shame to leave right now after all we will have to make the climb up those stairs and if it's for nothing it would definitely be a shame." Half of her was serious, the other half was joking. The stairs felt less and less daunting everyday, but it was still a chore she'd rather not do for nothing.

Turning on her heels Lilith grabbed Eoghans hand to pull him with her to the apple bobbing station. They waited for their turn and once it came she took a hair tie from her pocket and put her hair up. The less things that got wet, the better. The Ravenclaw wasted absolutely no time before dunking her head chasing a particularly good looking apple. It was fun in it's own way, definitely worth a try. There were no such traditions back at home so it was always good getting new experiences.

Eoghan smiled as he read Lilith like a book. Despite what she'd just said, she was now ecstatic about doing another activity and the energy that suddenly came bounding from her was infectious. They had definitely been here for longer than ten minutes already but he could hardly leave and return to the common room knowing full well he'd be leaving his best friend here all by herself. Perhaps he would have thought differently if she'd found someone else to hang out with while they were there, but as things stood, Eoghan had no intention of just abandoning her no matter what he'd said in his room before they left.

He allowed Lilith to drag him over towards the apple bobbing station after giving her a nod of agreement, but it was only then that he didn't really know what he was getting himself into. "What is apple bobbing?" he asked her as they approached, his blue eyes widening as he spotted other students submerging their faces into the water for the apples. What were they, horses? Wasn't there enough food already available? What were they trying to prove when they caught the apple between their teeth?

Watching as Lilith wasted no time getting to work, he had to admit he still didn't understand the appeal but at least the only thing that was scary here was watching the makeup on the student's face smear away as though their faces were melting. Eoghan on the other side of the barrel watched as she chased the stalk, wondering if he was expected to do the same. Why did everything at this school have to feel so juvenile? He wasn't against putting in the effort for a snack, but why did people like making things so much harder for themselves? Eoghan leaned over, doing his best not to dunk anything in the water at all, his lips barely making contact with the apple in his attempt to keep himself dry.

As Lilith finally caught the apple she got back up with a victorious smile. Throwing her hands up and spinning around like a fool before taking the apple out of her mouth. She couldn't help but giggle a little at the way Eoghan was so serious about the whole thing. Clearly putting a lot of effort into not getting himself wet, he needed to loosen up a little but she was not going to push him into anything. Not tonight at least.
As her best friend caught his apple, too, Lilith clapped her hands. "Nice! We got apples too out of it. I do love apples, one of my favourite fruits. My grandma had apple trees on her yard and we used to pick them together. Then she'd make jam out of them too, the pie though, I was never a fan. I preferred blueberry pie." She explained as they walked away from the station. Her mind was battling against her to slip into one of those memories again and start a daydream, but for the first time in her life she did not want to leave the moment. She wanted to stay here, with her best friend, feel the moment as it was. So she fought against those daydreams and memories, focusing on his features that were entirely too serious.

Lilith's eyes landed on a Piñata, a hippogriff shaped one at that and those green eyes widened by a lot. Oh that was terrible, beating a figure that looked like an innocent creature. No, no that was enough for her.
"Ah, I think I have seen quite enough. I would like to go now." She said as she turned her eyes from that poor paper figure that students were hitting.

Eoghan practically snorted the water up his nose as he tried to laugh upon hearing Lilith's victory celebration. He could hear her dancing around in circles beside him as he chased the stupid apple around the barrel, finally clamping his teeth down on a stem for long enough to drag it from the water. He stood there for a moment, arms still behind his back, apple dripping water down his chin as he stared at Lilith for a few seconds, partly because he was glad it was over and partly because he was showing her that he'd done it too. As Lilith began to tell him of her experiences, he'd spat the apple out into his hand, drying his chin on the back of his arm and making a mental note of her preferences.

The only thing his own grandmother used to make for him, was his life more difficult, although he wasn't about to tell Lilith that. "Yeah?" he smiled at her, glad at least one of them seemed to have a parental figure who had an interest in actually teaching them something. Just then he spotted Lilith's face change, and he followed her sight towards the Hippogryff pinata, which some students were now mercilessly thwacking with a stick as though they were imagining it was their least favourite professor. "Me too," he agreed, "I'm not sure how much more of this I can take to be honest with you," he said, biting into his apple. He had to admit it was a good snack and gave him a reason to do something with his hands as he moved back towards the large oak doors. "Come on, we can go and sit in the common room if you like," Eoghan recalled her earlier offer of him being left alone, and he hoped his own counter would be enough to tell her that while he was done with the Halloween feast, it didn't mean he was ready to retire for the night.

Lilith nodded in response to everything. Indeed it had been a lot, while she had enjoyed everything she was not sure either how much more she could take before her social battery took a crucial hit. "Yes I would like that very much, though I might want to put on some trousers instead, so I can move more freely." Or rather not be afraid of her dress moving around, she liked wearing skirts and dresses but they came with their own issues.

Lilith started the walk towards the exit quietly taking in all of that was going on. She was very glad she got Eoghan to come with her, it had been fun. "Thank you for joining me, it means a lot to me and I appreciate it." She said turning her smiling face towards him as they walked along those corridors that were now much more familiar than they had been at the start. It had all started to feel like home and for many reasons she had her best friend to thank for that happening. Had she not found someone she could share things with and spend time, the place might have felt unfamiliar and less like a home for longer.

"Sleepwear?" Eoghan asked, feeling as though he could get out of his uniform himself as long as Lilith didn't mind they hung out in their sleeping clothes and robes instead. Usually, he wouldn't have been caught outside his room without the proper attire, but if he were going to consider his common room to be the closest thing to a house of his own at least while he was living in the castle, perhaps it would have done him good to be more comfortable.

Eoghan continued to munch on his apple as they walked back through the quiet halls of the school, everything seeming incredibly calmer the moment they'd stepped away from the chaos in the heart of the building. His eyes flicked across to her at her words of thanks, although he hadn't expected her to say anything of that nature. No one else had treated him with the same respect that Lilith did and at times it caught him off guard, "Oh, of course." It took him a few more steps before he could say anything else, trying to find the right words. "I am appreciative that you came to find me," he began. It wasn't even that he was glad she'd come to find him instead of another student to go with although that probably did play a part of it if Eoghan thought about it. "There are a lot of things that I have never seen," as he spoke it was like the silence in the air was just as loud as the event they'd just come from, "I have read many things even before I came here because it was for the longest time all I could do. I like learning, reading, and finding out information that most others probably don't put in the effort to uncover, but I know that means there are a lot of things that I've never seen or done before. I don't want to find myself in seven years having buried myself so deep in theories that I never experienced anything else so, thank you for inviting me."

Lilith nodded with a smile at how Eoghan effortlessly understood what she was saying. There weren't many things Lilith truly hated but being uncomfortable while her social battery was charging was one of the few. After the recent activities she was very much in need of a social battery recharge and right now nothing appealed to her more than changing into something comfortable.

Lilith listened to his words, not once interrupting him. She wanted him to be able to say what he was thinking before she made any comment in one way or another. As Eoghan finished his words there was an understanding smile on her face. Oh she knew what he meant so well. "See I understand. Before my grandmother passed I was already one to daydream a lot and get lost in books and so on and so forth, but after she passed it did get worse, but my case in point is that I have always been one to also go for things that aren't necessarily real experiences. I still do withdraw from the reality to daydreams a lot, but I want to experience more even if it isn't exactly the most comfortable always." She had no idea whether the boy had ever noticed her drift away or if he'd be taken by surprise. However with him she didn't feel too ashamed of admitting that part of her.

"You don't have to thank me. As I said we are besties now so where I go you go too and vice versa." Lilith added in a tad more cheerier tone and grabbed his arm. "Come on I want my fuzzy socks on." She said as she started pulling him up the stairs towards their common room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back