OOC First Name
Lovi
Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Single
Wand
Blackthorn Wand 15 1/4" Unicorn Hair Core
Jatin Tiwari was in a bit of a mood. It was not a bad mood, but it was a mood that sometimes happened. It was rare when the boy was quiet. There were just times where he would rather sit on a bench and relax. He was just looking at the wall across the way for the moment. He'd been very sore as of late. Over the summer he grew a couple of inches, but Hilton assured him not to worry about anything. She said that Kishen had started getting taller earlier than usual too. He figured that stretching every morning and evening would help with the sudden or sporadic growing pains. He was also frustrated at himself for not trying out for Quidditch this year, but Jatin felt like he needed more practice, which he would ask Willow or Fleur for. The boy stood up from the bench and stretched his arms in the arm as he yawned. He was right across from the Transifguration classroom. The boy did not hate the professor, but the class was not that fun in his opinion.

Lysander had spent the past fifteen minutes trying, unsuccessfully, to convince his father to transfigure an assortment of items he'd found into animals for him. It wasn't fair that older students were learning how to transfigure teapots into tortoises, while Sander still wasn't able to learn any transfigurations of his own. The boy's pestering was cut short as, in the middle of a very well-rehearsed speech as to why he needed to have a flamingo in his dormitory, his pet rat slipped out of his robes and scurried toward the door. Deciding to leave his attempts to convince his dad for another day, Sander bolted out of the room to give chase to his rodent companion. "Remy, come back here!" He shouted, diving forward to scoop up the inquisitive rat before it could gnaw on the laces of a slightly older boy in the corridor. Sander cupped his hands gave the animal a scolding look. "You have to stop running off. We can explore the castle later." He told it, before nestling it on his shoulder. He waited for the rat to get a comfortable grip, and turned back to face the other boy. "Hi! I'm sorry about him, he gets bored easily." Sander apologised. "Wait, you're in my house right? Weren't you the one who hugged my- um, who hugged the Headmistress?" He inquired, sure that it had been this same boy during the house meeting who had run up to Professor Alicastell. It had been a memorable first impression to the castle, to say the least.

When the boy opened his eyes, he saw something scurrying towards him, which was frightening enough for the boy to jump onto the bench he had been sitting on with a small yelp. When Jatin saw a smaller boy pick the rat up, he jumped down from the bench, still keeping his distance from the boy and his pet. The second year was rarely ever speechless, but this time he was. He was still not used to seeing people having rats as pets. In the muggle world, only weird people had rats. However, it was common in the wizarding world. At the boy's question Jatin smiled. "Yeah! It's my second year!" he answered to boy. He did not hold his hand out for the boy to shake, but he decided he should introduce himself at least. "I'm Jatin Tiwari." he said and kept his hands in his pockets. "What were you doing in there? Were you in trouble?" he asked quietly and motioned over to the classroom the boy had run out of.

Lysander had to bite the inside of his cheek to stop himself from laughing too hard at the older boy's reaction to his rat. Remy was harmless, but it sure was hilarious to see how many people would freak out when he was around. There was no ignoring the fact that some rats were quite dirty, and Remy's dark fur didn't help with that, but Sander kept him as clean as could be. "Jatin, cool. I'm Lysander." He introduced himself with a friendly grin, followed by a short pause as he thought about the question. "Summers. I wasn't in trouble, I was just visiting my dad." He explained, casting a glance toward the door he'd come out of with a frown. "But he won't transfigure anything for me. I'm going to have to learn to do it all myself." The boy practically scoffed, clearly displeased by the fact he couldn't take the easy route to get what he wanted. "Why were you waiting out here? Are you in trouble with my dad?" His eyes gleamed, a part of him hoping there was some juicy tale to be told that had landed the other boy in the bad books. Some kind of epic prank or a duel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back