Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Interested in Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Bi
Wand
12 1/2 Inch Cherry Wand with Billywig Stinger Core
((This is open after Emzies posts as Vader Humes))

Abian had figured out where best to practice his skateboarding skills: the courtyard. It was outside so no one could yell at him, but unlike the great lawn it wasn't grassy. The only downside was that it was often quite busy, but now that the weather was getting colder it was a little easier to find some space. Wearing the new scarf his mother had sent him for Christmas, Abian looked around to see if he spotted who he was waiting for. He didn't see the other boy yet, so he hopped onto his skateboard and took off, grinning as the wheels rattled over the stones of the Hogwarts courtyard. It wasn't really a perfect surface for the skateboard, not nearly as good as a nice smooth parking lot in the muggle world, but it was the best he had found. Eager to share his hobby, he had asked his friend Vader if he wanted to learn how to skateboard. The boy was also from the muggle world, so he was familiar with the concept, and Abian had faith in his own teaching skills. Before long, his blond Gryffindor friend would be rolling around as smoothly as he was, he was sure of this. He found a spot where not many students were gathered and skateboarded back and forth a few times to claim the space for when Vader showed up, unconcerned with any looks he may get. Wizards had broomsticks, something like a skateboard really shouldn't be that strange. He still thought that enchanting one to fly would be great. Maybe that would be the next step to try with his friend, after he had mastered regular skateboarding.

Vader had been happy to find a new friend in Abian, the boy was nice and he definitely enjoy the time that they did spend together. It was actually like having a real friend. Someone who wanted to spend the time with him, that liked him as much as Vader liked him. Vader had been especially eager when he had found out that not only did Abian like skateboarding but that he was willing to show him. The boy hadn’t wanted to be too eager in asking to have a go, since he didn’t know how to skateboard, but in the end his friend had offered it. Vader had never gotten an opportunity to try skateboarding before, he’d always just cycled with things. The young gryffindor rushed outside, wearing almost sports esque clothing, his large fitting green t-shirt which was soft and comfortable and though it was new he wouldn’t mind tearing it. He had a jumper and an old pair of trousers on, ones he wouldn’t mind tearing either. He got to the courtyard and smiled when he spotted his friend and the skateboard, ”Abian! Hey!” the blonde said excitedly making his way over to him, ”I’m so ready for this,” he was practically giddy with excitement, an old mannerism that Vader didn’t tend to have. Vader tended to be quite nervous around people, and he was a pretty shy person, but spending time with Abian had helped him feel more comfortable around the boy and therefore far less nervous.

After skateboarding back and forth for a bit, Abian paused to take off his scarf. It was getting colder, but as he moved around he realized he would quickly heat up if he wore it. He folded it up and stuffed it in his bag, grinning as he heard his friend call his name. “Hi Vader.” He said as he put his bag away again and picked up the skateboard. “Glad to hear you’re ready. Captain Skateboard is ready too to share his knowledge.” He grinned at the other boy. The silly superhero names they had come up with might grow old down the line, but for now Abian really enjoyed them and intended to keep them in use whenever he could. At least, until Vader grew tired of it. It was nice to see that Vader was excited to try skateboarding, as Abian really loved doing it and had no one to share his hobby with at school. He beamed at the Gryffindor and placed the skateboard down next to him. “I haven’t actually ever taught anyone how to do this, but I think I can help you out. I figure maybe it’s best to start with finding your balance on the board without moving yet.” He said, looking at Vader to see if he was alright with this. “So you can step on the board and hold onto me, and I’ll keep you in place while you get used to being on it.” He was sort of making it up as he went along, but he was fairly confident he could hold Vader so he wouldn’t roll away. The boy seemed to be small and light, so he was sure this would work out fine. He held out his arms to steady Vader when he stepped on, hoping the boy wasn’t too scared to try this yet.

Vader was pretty eager to just get started on learning how to skateboard with Abian. He was grinning quite happily when he spotted the other boy and gave a little wave to him. He smiled back and at the question nodded, ”Definitely” the boy said, he had left his camera in the dorm room for once, and was just real eager to get started. He’d been much more of a cycler, never much of a skateboarder, the cool kids did that, and Vader had never felt cool enough in primary school to even start doing it. Vader nodded, he was definitely readym and he looked at the board that was in front of him and took his time to put his feet on it. He put one foot on it and attempted to steady himself without the aid of Abian. He didn’t feel all that secure on it, and he felt mighty unbalanced. He put his other foot on it and grabbed Abian’s outstretched arms as he did. He didn’t feel to confident when he put his feet entirely on it. He wanted to try it, was eager to get it right, but now on it he felt a little less confident. He hadn’t thought his balance would be this bad, but he didn’t feel particularly balanced at all. ”Don’t let go yet,” he was looking down at his feet, holding on still to Abian. He bent his knees slightly to try and balance himself better. ”This is appearing to be more difficult than I thought it would be,” the boy chuckled lightly when he spoke, glancing back up at Abian. He hadn’t expected to get it on the first time, but so many people could do this, so it couldn’t be too complicated.

Abian was glad to see Vader didn’t seem scared or intimidated by the skateboard. He supposed the boy was a Gryffindor, which was meant to be the brave house. If Abian remembered that correctly, at least. He watched as the boy put his feet on the board, struck by how unsteady he looked. Abian remembered learning to skateboard himself mostly as a lot of trial and error, by which he meant a lot of falling. He couldn’t help but think that was part of the process, but he still would try to shield his friend from the worst of it. Abian nodded as he bent his knees a little. “That’s a good way to balance yourself. Don’t worry, I won’t let go yet.” He glanced up at Vader with a reassuring smile. It was a little strange to stand here holding onto each other like this, but he wasn’t going to let go and let his friend fall just because it may be a little awkward. “Alright, once you have a bit more of a feel for the board and the balance we’re going to try pushing off with one foot and then placing it on the board. I’ll still hold onto you, okay?” He glanced between the board and Vader’s face, trying to gauge how easily he was getting used to it. “But maybe first you should get used to moving on the board as it rolls.” He said, thinking out loud. “What if you hold onto me and I start walking a few steps and pull you along on the board?” He really wasn’t used to teaching anyone anything, so Vader’s input would be welcome.

Last edited:
Hearing that bending his knees was likely to help his balance, he leaned on it a little more. If he was doing it a little bit right then that was a good start. He was also glad that the boy wasn’t too put off by Vader holding on to him. He didn’t want to grip too tightly, but was attempting to hold on enough to not fall off. He didn’t feel particularly steady. The gryffindor felt increasingly more comfortable on it, though maybe it was helped by the fact he was holding on to something stable. He listened as the boy explained what they would need to do, one foot off and pushing him along and forward. That he knew was the manner in which you did skateboard, but he didn’t feel quite ready for it. That seemed a little advanced for him. Getting him used to it moving had to be easier. He nodded at what he said, the first thing to do that would be helpful might be to drag him along. ”Yeah, maybe just so I can feel it move, then maybe you could just lightly push me so I can get used to it moving without holding on to you. Step by step,” the boy said a nervous but eager expression on his face, ”It doesn’t matter if I fall, I want to get this right,” he hoped that that encouragement would mean that Abian would be a little less tentative with him, but also because he thought saying it outloud might help him too. Build up some of that confidence. He knew from other people that he was likely to fall a lot, so that would have to be something he was prepared for.

Abian could tell Vader was taking directions and smiled at his friend. He listened as his friend told him his two cents about the whole experience, thinking Vader had some pretty good ideas. "Right, sounds good." He said brightly. "I hope you don't fall, but it is sort of part of the process. I fell a ton." He wasn't going to lie and say it was possible to learn this without falling over. It made him wish he had some safety gear to lend to Vader, but he hadn't brought any to Hogwarts. Hopefully, magic could fix any injuries he might get. He started walking to one side while holding onto Vader, letting him get used to the feeling of the moving skateboard. After going a few steps and back and repeating it, he looked at Vader. "Okay, I'm going to give you a little push now. Try not to fall." He placed his hands on one side of Vader's waist and gave him a gentle push.

Vader wouldn't mind too much if he fell, it wouldn't be the ideal but he could deal with it. It wouldn't be too bad he was sure of it. Vader just looked to Abian, "It's okay, it'll be no worse than what I'm used to," he spoke sincerely at the boy, hoping that it wouldn't make him feel bad if anything did go wrong or if he did fall, that wasn't Abian's fault. He did nod though, knowing that it would be okay. He could feel the board moving and it wasn't too bad, it felt a little disjointed and he didn't feel safe, but he wasn't hating it. In fact it was good fun, he liked it. He nodded as Abian spoke again. "I make no promises Abian, but I'm ready," the boy said as Abian gave him a gentle push. The boy put his arms out to keep his balance a bit, but he didn't go very far and Vader felt like if that was how to start then he'd be okay. The gryffindor looked back round at Abian, and stepped off the skateboard, only then in the movement, loosing his footing a little and falling over. He started laughing lightly, "I think I've got a lot more training to go until I'm good at this," he knew that this was however a start, and with Abian, he knew in no time at all he'd be good at it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back