Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Bi (Flynn)
Wand
Curly 14 1/2 Inch Unyielding Cypress Wand with Veela Hair Core
Ivy hadn't expected Flynn to ask her to the dance, even after everything. No matter how openly and honestly he had said it, she still found it hard to believe he could actually like her, let alone be in love with her the way he claimed. The thought made her feel warm and fuzzy, but also anxious. She had started to realize by now that her parent's marriage wasn't necessarily a blueprint for how things were going to be for her, and that it was actually possible for someone to like her for her. It was still hard for her to actually believe it, but she was trying.

She hoped Flynn hadn't minded her rose and how much less romantic it was than what he had sent her. She had saved his note in her trunk, tucking it away in a small box and putting it underneath all her other stuff, so she was sure not to lose it. She knew she would cherish his words forever, no matter what happened tonight. Ivy's hands fluttered at her sides anxiously as she waited for Flynn to arrive, she moved to straighten her skirt for the third time in the last five minutes, wondering what he would think of her dress. She had no idea how this night would go, but she was looking forward to it regardless.

Flynn had never attended the Valentine's dance. Not even once. He had never much seen the point in going, not being much of a fan of dancing, and it wasn't like he had anyone to even go with. But it was different this year, this year he did have someone to go with. Someone he cared about. He was still quite surprised that Ivy had agreed to go with him, he had almost been sure that she was going to turn him down. But no, she had said yes and he was actually excited about it.

He also wasn't one for looking smart, but he had tried to put in the effort this time to look nice. He'd even shined his nicest pair of shoes. Now all that was left was to meet up with Ivy. She was there before him and as soon as he spotted her, he moved through the crowds, coming to a stop with a shy smile. Then, he took her in, the smile on his face getting a little bigger. "Wow you look... amazing," more than amazing, but he didn't want to sound silly.

At the sight of Flynn approaching, Ivy automatically smiled. She was happy to see him, and she didn't care what Brooke or anyone thought about her going with Flynn. After everything, she was just ready to be with him and see how things went. She wished she could be as honest and clear with her feelings as he was, but she had hardly let herself think she could ever have a real relationship. Now that she was starting to come to terms with it being a possibility, it all felt exciting and new, but also terrifying. Ivy's smile mirrored Flynn's, and she waved a little awkwardly. "You look really nice too, I like the green." She said quietly. "And, uh, thanks." She said, running her hands over her dress again. "Thanks for asking me. And thanks for the rose."

His heart was doing that awkward fluttering in his chest again, Flynn trying to hide it with an awkward smile as he wiped his sweaty palms against his leg. He didn't know why he was so nervous about things. Ivy complimented his suit and Flynn just laughed a little. "Maybe I would have been a better Slytherin than a Gryffindor." He did sometimes wonder if he would have worked out in any of the other houses, but thinking about it, Gryffindor was a good fit. And then she brought up his rose and Flynn felt himself go a little red in the face. "Oh, that? It was... um... nothing... I guess. And, er, thank you for your rose as well." He had been incredibly surprised to receive one from her.

Ivy smiled and shook her head. "I definitely prefer you in Gryffindor." She told him quietly, glancing at him with a slight smile. "I used to think I would be a Ravenclaw." She added, thinking for a moment. "But I don't think so anymore." Being around all the other studious people probably wouldn't do her much good. She was still working on loosening up a bit. Ivy quickly shook her head when Flynn said the rose he sent her was nothing. It was a little embarrassing to talk about, but she had to make sure he knew how much it meant to her. "It wasn't nothing." She said softly. "I didn't know what to write, I swear I tried like ten different things before I just gave up. But your note was so sweet. I really liked it, thank you."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back