On Patrol

(((How long does gender fudge last for??? Will the Hurling charm wear off on it's own??)))

Professor Manteia looked at Professor Heimdall and nodded reluctantly. He did not regret any of his actions, only that the results had not been better. However, he was pleased to hear Professor Heimdall's response to the girl who tried to diminish the severity of the so-called prank that had been played.

"I am sorry that we were unable to catch any of them, but I believe that we will be able to identify them soon enough.", he said with a hint of malice in his voice. Professor Manteia was already considering some follow-up actions that could be taken to find out the identities of the individuals involved.

"I have no idea how long the fudge lasts. This is my first time taking it." Lou said with a laugh. "But we made it. That guy was scary! I do hope that Professor Heimdahl found the antidote candy. Now where did Courtney and Kaela end up?"

Lou went to the window to carefully look outside and see if she could locate them. She saw a pair of shadowy figures on the lawn.

"Lets hurry and go help them!" he yelled to Hill as he made his way out the door of the classroom.

Kaela groaned, biting her lip and trying to hold back the tears that were flooding her eyes. She used her left arm to attempt sitting up, not wanting Courtney to worry about her.

(the hurling hex should wear off and when I cast it I was under the assumption that you had summoned them into the classroom, making it difficult for you to mount them and fly them to the window. I did not cast the hurling hex once you were out the window)

"They'll be looking for us soon...we should head back to our common rooms, we can melt into the crowds comming back from the feast." She wished her/him a quick good luck and rushed down the hallway to get to the main staircase where a crowd was still milling from the feast.

Liz nodded, her gaze turning incredibly icy as she heard Professor Manteia. "Well, I'm sorry that whoever did this was so thoughtless. If I happen to find out any information, I'll speak with them about it."

Liz wasn't in a mood to stick around. At the blatant refusal of help from Professor Heimdall, and the entirely expected severity from Professor Manteia, she was entirely ready to leave.

"I'll be on my way then. See if any of my friends are lying out injured." she turned towards the window, and summoned her broom.

"Thank you Professor, I'm certainly lucky you showed up when you did. I've still got quite a headache, I think I may head to the Hospital wing. Will you accompany me or would you rather be off to search for these pranksters?" Professor Heimdall held out her hand to Professor Manteia to shake in thanks for his timely appearance.

((I think we mounted the brooms at the windowsill. We never called them inside.))

Courtney noticed Kaela was worse off than she was, so she held out an arm to help Kaela up. "I wonder where the others had managed to escape to?"

((3-4 hours for a full peice.....but we only ate half, so it should be wearing off soon)))

Lily/Lou ran down the stairs heading out to the lawn. She wanted to make sure that everyone was okay. As she ran, she could feel the effects of the fudge starting to wear off. She ducked behind a suit of armor until she became Lily again, took off the jacket she was wearing and threw it over her shoulder, hoping to look just different enough from Lou not to be spotted. She made it to were Courtney and Kaela were.

"Hey. Are you both alright?"

Still not completely sitting up, Kaela made a grab for Courtney's arm and just grabbed it before falling back to the ground. Her eyes widened in surprise and worry as she hoped Courtney wasn't going to fall on top of her from the force of her pull.

Courtney felt Kaela grab her hand and let go. She was caught off balance, but managed to regain her composure. She held out her arm again and giggled. "Let's try that again, shall we?"

She noticed Lily approach them "I'm pretty much fine. A few bumps and bruises never hurt anybody. But I don't think Kaela is as well off as I am."

Hill felt himself changing back and then as Hilary he joined the crowd and went up to her dorm. She put her broom in her open trunk, changed quickly and left the window open just incase she'd need it again. Then she started on her way down to the lawn.

Liz jumped on her broom which had just arrived and flew down to the ground. She looked around for a sign of the troublemakers. She had a feeling she'd find Courtney there.

Kaela managed to grab Courtney's arm this time with a bit of trouble on her part. She started to stand, but found it difficult without the use of her right arm. Tears were streaming down her face, her bottom lip about to bleed from the pressure of her teeth. After some struggling, she finally made it to her feet, ready to breakdown right there.

Courtney noticed the tears streaming down Kaela's face. "Kaela? Everything is not alright! Do you need to go to the hospital wing?" Courtney was beginning to worry.

Lily realized that Kaela landed horribly wrong.

"What can I do to help? Can I get anyone or anything?" she asked. "Do you think it is broken?"

"I would like to accompany you to the hospital wing. I am hopeful that the students involved in the attack on you have been suitably discouraged from other similar activities in the future. That will have to suffice for now. We are teachers afterall." Professor Manteia took Professor Heimdall's hand and led her down the stairs towards the hospital wing.

((I will post in the hospital wing tomorrow. I'm all tuckered out. Good night everyone))

"I'm fine," Kaela said through gritted teeth, more upset than in actual pain. Holding her right arm with her left, she began to walk to the castle, hoping no one would stop her, but knowing that wasn't likely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back