On Patrol

(((i think that makes our brooms buck and try to hurl us off? hill, can i jump on the back of yours? i shouldn't be able to summon my broom at all yet.)))

(((oh and will freya please check her hand? i put the antidote candy in her hand pages ago!!! lol)))

Professor Manteia was closing the distance between the doorway and the window at an alarming rate. Kicking chairs and tables out of his way as he proceeded through the dark classroom. Silhouetted figures near the window came into view and he bellowed Expelliarmus at the students, determined not to have further spells of his blocked.

Liz bit her lip. I did what I could

"Well, Professor" she moved to assist the professor's walking. "Let's get started to the hospital wing, shall we?"

Hill jumped out of the way and gestured for Lily to get on his broom. "Protego" he called again.

Lily/Lou jumped on the broom with Hilary, hoping that she was able to avoid the spells cast at her, knowing full well that the professor had skill superior to anyone in the room right then.

With Lily firmly behind her Hilary jumped out the window. Hilary felt herself getting bumped around but finite wouldn't work seeing as she was not capable of casting that jinx. She turned and bumped around to an open window a few floors below and flew towards it.

(((I'm still Hill but force of habit.))

Professor Heimdall stood just outside the room with the student Liz Malfoy. It was still dark but she could feel her presence and recognized her voice from previous sightings in her stall. "I did eat a candy" she said to Miss Malfoy. She then felt another candy in her hand. "What is this?", she held up the wrapped piece and lit her wand to see it closely. "I don't know how I got this but I sure as heck am not eating anything else unless I know what it is."

Professor Heimdall was better able to stand on her own now that the blood had stopped. "I think we should stay and see if Professor Manteia needs any help" she commented to Miss Malfoy.

(The hurling hex causes your broom to vibrate and attempt to throw you off. The one Harry had cast on him by Quirrel (I believe) in the Sorcerer's Stone)

Courtney attempted to fly towards the ground ouside the window, but noticed her broom was beginning to rickett. She looked over her shoulder at Kaela, " I think I'm going to jump if I can't hold on long."

Liz looked in Professor Heimdall's hand. "That would be the cure to the candy you consumed, which I believe was a nosebleed nugget. I recommend eating that."

She bit her lip, "And, if you'll excuse me for saying this, but I don't believe that the one who did this to you meant any harm. Usually pranksters prank and then think. It's likely they intended to give you the antidote immediately but got detained, or gave you the wrong candy."

She nodded towards the scene with Professor Manteia. "I think this might be a bit excessive, personally. But I don't have the authority to suggest so." she hinted.

Hill could then feel the broom getting really bad...after hit the wall and his head a great deal, he came into an empty, silent classroom. He turned too Lou... "Are you okay?"

Not expecting the broom to buck as it did, Kaela was caught off guard and consequently off balance. She let go of Courtney in the confusion and quickly grabbed onto the broom as she almost fell off. "Fly toward the ground then," she said, not really want to jump.

((uhm, Courtney, aren't you headless?))

Professor Manteia arrived at the window and watched as the four students attempted to gain control of their respective brooms. He was tempted to cast additional spells, but recognized that knocking one of them off their brooms at this point would probably result in an injury more serious than a nose bleed. He didn't want to have to explain to the headmistress how he had sent students hurtling three and four stories down to the ground below. He turned back to Professor Heimdall and the Gryffindor girl at the door.

((Yeah. So you probably wouldn't see me looking at you.))

"Hang on tightly!"

Courtney tried her best to steer the broom to the ground, and managed to get close enough so it wouldn't be too dangerous to jump. "I think we're okay!" She shouted as she leapt off of her broom and onto the ground.

Professor Heimdall looked at the girl suspiciously and knew her reputation. "The bleeding has stopped thanks to Professor Manteia." She said curtly. "And while this may have only been a prank, it was still one cast at a Professor and is not a very wise decision. Plus with the obvious attempts at escaping Professor Manteia is clearly in his right to subdue these pranksters. I for one, young lady do not approve of being made a fool of and once caught, these students will be in some serious trouble."

Professor Heimdall had tried to be kind and caring to the students she had met in her travels around Hogwarts and Hogsmead, but this prank had made a fool of her and had caused her some serious pain and embarrassment. She was not in a forgiving mood at the present time, no matter what Miss Malfoy told her.

((Yeah, I'd say casting a Hurling Hex was already effectively attempting to get us hurled off our brooms, which would result is in falling off and getting hurt...But that's just me.))

Kaela held on as tight as she could, not liking the feeling of the broom moving like this, not to mention she did not like being on the broom in the first place. Before Courtney gave the go to jump off, she was caught off guard by a particularly bad shake and was hurled from the broom. Luckily she wasn't that far from the ground, but nonetheless she landed square on her back, her right arm pinned between herself and the ground.

Lily held on tight to Hill as they went out the window. The broom was bucking and bouncing all over the place. As Hill steered into an open windown below, they were slammed into a wall and able to get off the broom in the empty class.

She was rubbing her head when she realized she was still a boy. Oh man she thought with a laugh.

"I am okay. Thanks. How's your head?" Lou asked Hill.

"Professor Manteia, I take it they have escaped." She looked at the dark figure in the room and tried to wipe the drying blood off her nose and chin.

"I should be okay....but how long does this fudge stuff last??" Hill turned on the lights. The room defianetly was deserted.

Liz nodded. She wanted to say more, but would hold back.

If you laugh along with the other fools, then no one is a fool alone, she thought.

"My apologies, I wasn't able to tell if the bleeding had successfully stopped." she nodded towards the window, "and I wouldn't want a fellow student to accidentally fall off their broom."

Liz pulled out a handkerchief, and handed it to the professor.

Courtney hit the ground pretty hard, but nothing seemed to be broken so she jumped up and ran over to Kaela. "Are you okay?" She shouted as she stared at the positioning of Kaela's arm.

Not wanting to get caught, she aimed her wand at the window and shouted "Stupefy!" Hoping that if anyone tried to catch them they would be thrown back. She didn't want them to find out Kaela's identity.

"Young lady, they should have thought about that before they tried this on a Professor!"

Professor Heimdall was angry because of her embarrassment. The darkness had scared her also and brought back images of the night her husband was killed. She did not like looking vulnerable in front of students or anyone else and it would likely take awhile before she was able to calm down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back