Old friend

Annabelle Howard

Wand
Ivy Wand 13" Essence of Gargoyle Tooth
It had been a while since Annabelle visit London. She had no interest in the city, she hated it with all her heart. The city reminded her of her past, the orphanage, and the bullies. London was crowded as usual, people were rushing and fleeing everywhere trying to not waste their precious time. The girl in black coat then walk a few blocks away trying to find the orphanage. A smirk appear on her lips as she looked at a burnt down building which turned out to be the orphanage that she used to live in. She walk toward it and walk up the stairs and kicked the door so that it was burst open. Flashback began playing in her mind, she hated each of them. She was sure that her twin sister didn't have to suffer like her.

Not wanting muggles to know that Anna had a wand with her, she closed the door. "Lumos" She said pointing her wand to random directions. She walk to the third floor, heading to the West and opened the door. It was dusty, dark, and damp, she bent down and saw something sparkling, she took it turned out to be her locket. Inside there was a picture of the whole family, her parents, Maybelle, and Noah. She looked at it as a tear rolled down on her cheek. She quickly wiped it away and put the locket in her pocket. `No need to cry, you don't need them.` She thought. Quickly, she walked downstairs "Nox" She said turning off the lumox. She pushed the door and walk down the stairs back to the crowd and accidentally bumped on someone. "Watch where you're going!" She said not caring if it was her fault.

Andrew was in his hometown London. The city always gave him mixed feelings, he didn't know whether to hate or to like it. He had grown up in a muggle orphanage here with no status, no magic, grown up among filth however his ten years as a muggle had taught him so much, patience, tolerance and above all to control his emotions. From an early age he had known to hide his feelings and emotions and not show his weakness to strangers all thanks to the orphanage. He was not in London to visit it, no he had far before done that and collected hid old belongings, today he was here for some business. He had to collect an ancient herb that only grew here in the mountains which was very precious and rare.

After finishing his work he decided to walk by the orphanage. He hadn't seen it for four years now and he wondered if any changes had taken place. If it had been a wizarding orphan age he would have happily donated a thousand galleons however he was just here to see what had become of the place. The muggle crowd around him irritated him too much and just then he bumped into someone. "If you would have done that, you wouldn't have bumped into me"he said as soon as the girl who had bumped into him asked him to watch his way. As his eyes moved to the face of the girl, it took him a moment but he soon realized the familiar eyes of the Asian girl. "It can't you, Ana"he said not believing his eyes.

Anna began to loose her temper right after the man talked back, he could've apologize and end the problem. If only muggles weren't there, she would be pointing her wand at him, just to scare him. "You blocked my way, so it's not my fault for bumping you. If you weren't blocking my way then I wouldn't have to bump you. So in conclusion it's you who have to apologize to me." She said as she glared at him coldly. No, she wasn't going to apologize to this random stranger, why should she? Anna was arrogant and was a rock headed, she always want to win the debate no matter what happen.

Right after he called her name, Anna began more suspicious. No, she didn't associate with muggles, so this man must be a wizard. But who? Could he be an Auror? "Who on earth are you?" She asked as she took a few steps backward. No, she didn't recognize his face. "D@mn muggles" She cursed, she wanted to take her wand out so bad but she didn't want to spill her secret to these filthy creatures.

Andrew heard as the girl debated on how it was his fault and he had to apologize. He would have snorted but he had his manners and didn't produce stupid sounds so he just chuckled as he realized that Annabelle was not able to recognize him. "Always drawing up conclusions and debating on matters" he said with a smirk playing on his face. He was enjoying this, he wondered how long it would take her to know who he was.

"Don't you recognize me?" he questioned raising an eyebrow. As she used the word 'muggles' his smirk turned into a grin. So it was like he had thought, both of them were different from the very beginning and they had turned out to be wizards. "If you guess who I am then we can get out of this filthy crowd" he suggested.

Anna had no idea who the person in front of her was. Although he reminded her of someone she knew long time ago. Andrew, that was his name. The girl decided to give it a shot, if it wasn't him then she would leave him right away. "Andrew Bruke" She said flatly not showing an interest in the tone. Not that she hated Andrew or dislike him, but she was trying to be cool toward new people. "Let's get out of this place now" She said with a small smile on her face as soon she realize that this man looked like Andrew a lot. So the chance of him being Andrew was big.

"I've seen you somewhere"
She said trying to remember where it was. Probably when they were trained to be deatheaters. "No..." She said with a tone of disbelieving as a smirk appeared. She remember not getting along with Andrew back when she was a kid but they are now one of a kind. "You know a place where muggles don't go here?" She asked, she had no interest being around muggles, not being able to cast a spell in front of other people was hard.

Andrew waited patiently as he wondered what was going on in Anna's mind. He couldn't help but grin at her tone of no interest when she guessed her name. Although he was glad that she had remembered he wasn't pleased by her trying to show no interest.Maybe it was just a matter of time before she realized how important he could be. "Sure" he said returning the smile as she said that they should get out of here.Andrew remembered to have seen Annabelle's face once before in one of the trainings but he hadn't recognized her then. He wouldn't have recognized her even today had she not bumped into him right outside their old orphan home, he knew it was not a coincidence and fate wanted them to get acquainted once again.

"Perhaps you're right" he said as he watched the smirk on her face as she tried to remembered where she had seen him. They hadn't been the best of friends back at the orphan home but they had done many punishments together because both of them always got into big trouble for nothing. "Yes, wizarding London of course. We can go to Diagon alley" he suggested as he put forward his hand for her to take. They could go to the first abandoned corner and apparate to Diagon alley.

Usually Anna wouldn't held someone else's hand to apparate, she'd rather do it by herself. But since it was Andrew, she decided to take his and and apparate to Diagon Alley. Diagon Alley hadn't changed a bit, it was crowded as usual, she remembered buying her first wand there without an excitement on her face back then. "Thank you" She said and slipped her hand away. "Bruke... It's been a while, you were a trouble back then and still is? " She smirked and took a few steps backward.

Anna began to smile as she looked at Andrew, she couldn't believe that she met someone she knew, someone that she didn't hate. Well sure they fought a lot back then but that didn't mean that they hated each other. As soon as she realize that she was smiling, she pretended to cough and plastered on her cold looks. She took her wand and pointed it at Andrew's back so that he couldn't see it and perform the stinging hex, it was nothing serious, she did that to surprise him not to hurt him. "I've been wanting to do that to you" She said flatly and smirked.

Andrew led Anna to an empty corner in the street and apparated to Diagon Alley. It was crowded like all times. A few witches and wizard turned to look at them as they appeared in the crowded street but soon looked away and continued with their business. "Yes Ana. I've always been a trouble" he said to her. "So have you haven't you?"he said as he looked at Annabelle. She had grown up so much. He laughed as she started coughing to hide her smile. "Maybe some pepper up potion for the cough and cold?"he asked her with a grin. "I'm a Healer now" he told her with a smile.

Andrew was looking at the ice cream palour wondering if there was an empty table for them when he received an unexpected hex from Anna. She had put the stinging hex on him and for about ten seconds it did sting very much, more than what his snake was able to do anyway. However he managed to pull out his wand and do a counter hex in time. "I want be a gentleman next time you put a hex on me" he told her smirking as he asked her "Do you want some ice-cream? We used to love chocolate when we're young. I still do, what about you?"

Anna knew that she couldn't hide her smile to anyone else, not his sister, and not Andrew. "Impressive" She said as she heard aboit Andrew being a healer. "I've been a trouble since I was young, and a pain in the @ss" This time, the girl laughed, she remembered the flashbacks back then when they were in the orphanage. Unexpectedly she was stung back "Sshi" She decided not to curse. "Watch out Andrew, there'll be more comming" She said before smirking.

Anna wanted to frown when Andrew offered her ice cream, not that she hated ice cream but it brought back so many memories of her and her twin sister.'Show no emotion to the enemy she thought. "Ice cream? i thought ice cream's for kids" she said flatly and smirked. She walked away from Andrew toward the ice cream shop and stopped in the middle and looked back to Andrew "Comming?" Shr asked flatly and let him lead the way since then. Anna was used on monotone, she wasnt one of those who could sound so cheery and happy.

Andrew laughed along with Anna as she said she too had been a trouble since she was young, like him. He smirked back as she warned him about there being more attacks from her, he wasn't scared. He laughed as Anna said Ice cream was for kids. He did not agree with that however he did not want to argue and ruin her mood. "Sure" he said following her and then leading the way to the Leaky Cauldron which was a good restaurant and motel. "How about some chilled beer then?"he asked her with a grin. "Or is that too much for the teenager? Does the little teenager not drink during daytime?"he added, pulling her leg. He knew it was bound to upset her a little being made fun of but he also knew that she wouldn't mind it like he hadn't mind her hexing him.

OOCOut of Character:
sorry about lame-ness o_O

Anna took a few steps forward, she was ready to go to the ice cream shop but then Andrew led her to the Leaky Cauldron. She hadn't been able to drink for a while, she had been busy with her `work' and she had to stay focused. "The teenager does drink during daytime" She looked at him blankly, again, she wasn't mad but she was used on not showing any emotion to other people. Anna kicked Andrew pretty hard right after he pulled her legs and smirked.

The Leaky Cauldron finally appear on her sight, she walk into the pub and let Andrew choose the seat. "I haven't been able to drink for a while. I have to stay focus, but since I'm doing nothing at the moment beside wasting, I'll allow myself to drink" Obviously, she didn't feel like her time was wasted when she was with Andrew. It had been a while since she could `hang out` with her friends.
OOCOut of Character:

i dont find it lame o.0

Andrew laughed as she said she did drink during day time and looked at him blankly. He chuckled as he kicked her, it didn't hurt him because he had been used to worse coming from Adira who had her anger on her nose at all times. He smirked back and opened the door to the motel for her. The place was very familiar to him and so he led her to one of the corner tables at the end of the room. The table dusted itself as they approached it and the two chairs pulled out as Andrew waved his wand and pointed at them.

"I like to have a drink now and then. My system responds normally to it so I don't have any effects the normal alcoholic suffers from and anyway I drink in the required amounts" he told her as the waiter came to take their order. "Ladies first" he said to the waiter and the waiter waited for Annabelle to place her order. "One fire whiskey for me" he told the waiter. Once the waiter had left them alone he asked her "So what have you been doing lately? I suppose you too have graduated." He remembered that they had been of the same age and in the same class in the catholic muggle elementary school were they studied back in the old days. " I graduated from Hogwarts New Zealand, I've settled there but I do travel especially since its all so easily done with magic" he told her.

Annabelle followed Andrew and sat on the seat that he picked as she ordered the same drink as Andrew. "I must warn you, if you're not lucky enough then I'll be drunk after drinking a bottle of firewhiskey and you should prepare for a good combat" Anna was scary when she got herself drunk last time, she almost killed a little boy when she lost her sanity. "And I do mean a large bottle of firewhiskey not a glass" She smirked, she was a drinker but she cut off when she finally realize that she was sleeping on the street that was filled with muggles. Since then she never repeat the same mistake twice.

Anna would never tell Andrew about Maybelle, she wasn't sure if her sister was the hunter of people like her or not. And she was sure that Andrew could kill her in a heartbeat. "Well I graduated from Durmstrang and was the teacher's pet in Dark arts, I believe they don't teach dark arts in Hogwarts hm? And dear Andrew, we're on the same age" She said. "Do you not have anyone in your life right now?" She asked randomly not that she wanted to be with him. Soon, Anna began to tap her fingers on the desk, waiting for her drink to come impatiently. "Morons, what take them so long, flick your stupid wand and bring me my firewishkey" Anna was a short tempered girl, this was her weakness, sometimes in doing her mission, she tend to be emotional and ruin some part of it just because she was impatient.

Andrew laughed as Anna warned her to be prepared for a combat if she drank a bottle of firewhiskey. Andrew didn't lose his head until he had five or six bottles of the drink and that was probably not going to happen in daylight and he was sure he could give a good fight if they dueled. "Not to worry Anna, I'll be prepared. You can drink as much as you wish" he said with a grin and a wink. He heard as she spoke about graduating from Durmstrang. He was certain that she had learned lot of Dark Arts but thanks to Dervish Green who was mentoring him very well and rapidly on the dark arts so he could match anyone who had learned them and become a full Death Eater sooner than the others.

He laughed as she reminded him that they were the same age, of course he knew that. "Its a pity that they don't teach it at Hogwarts but I've managed very well thanks to my mentor" he told her with a smile. He nodded as she asked him if he had anyone in his life. "Yes, I'm engaged to Adira Ater. Her father owns a restaurant in Bleak Street and he and her are both in the same league"he said to her. By the same league he meant they were Death Eaters.He was glad that he had chosen rightly and that he had been accepted by Acwel."What about you? Are you capable of falling in love?" he asked her teasing once again. He laughed as Anna's short temper and impatience reflected in her words. Soon enough they were served firewhiskey, two bottles. "Cheers Anna, to us for meeting again" he said with a grin as he raised his glass.

Annabelle had to agree about Hogwarts not teaching dark arts was a pity. "Who's your mentor? I have got no mentor, shame on me" She said flatly as she took her wands and pointed it at the waiter. But then suddenly the firewhiskey was served on the table. "Finally!" Obviously, Anna wasn't patient enough. "Really? I guess this is the time when I have to congratulate you" She said looking at him with a blank stare. "You're lucky then, my twin sister turned out to be alive. And I'm not sure if she's..." She paused not sure if she should mention Maybelle or not, he could have kill her. "Well I don't know. And no, I have no one in my life, probably because I don't want anyone interrupting my wonderful life" She said sarcastically. Her life was far from wonderful, she didn't know if she should regret being one of the deatheater or not.

Anna rose her glass and drank half of the bottle right after Andrew speak. "I wish you luck Andrew, life isn't easy for us well at least for me." She looked at him in the eye and looked away trying to hide her emotion. "Especially when you have no one" She whispered very soft that no one could hear except herself before drinking half the bottle. She wasn't sure why she finished the whole bottle in a a heartbeat. She did this when she had a problem or she had issues. "Love? I don't believe in love" She said, she was lying. She loved her sister with all her heart and she wasn't sure if Maybelle was an Auror or not, and yet she had to lie to everyone and tell everyone that she hated her and wanted to kill her. But this was hard for her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back