OOC First Name
Madz
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single (Not Looking)
Wand
Alder Wand 13 3/4" Essence of Dragon Heartstring
Kace went out into the courtyard to find a spot to clear his head. He wasn't so much as freaking out anymore, just getting used to the changes that are happening around him. Kace used to be pretty adaptable to most things when he was younger. Guess most things meant he was great with moving to one country to another. He didn't react so great finding out he had a twin brother. Kace sat down on a stone bench thinking quietly to himself. Out of all the things that were on his mind, he was thinking of @Amaya Michaels the most. They made up somewhat, it was still a little off between them. Kace lowered his head, rubbing the top of his forehead while he thought of some way to make it up to her. He didn't feel so smooth now when a friendship turns this serious.

Amaya had been depressed a lot lately. She knew why, if she was being honest, but she didn't want to admit to it. Mostly she couldn't decide if she was an idiot for letting herself feel this way in the first place. It was still something she didn't know how to handle, so she'd gone back to what she knew.

Writing.

Though, writing as she walked had probably not been the best idea. She tripped, hitting the ground with a thud. She groaned as her papers flew everywhere. She pushed herself up, ignoring the minor scrapes on her palms. Cussing under her breath, she went about gathering her things, still not really looking where she was.

Kace hears someone hit the pavement nearby and witness a slew of papers fall everywhere. Kace stood up instantly to help gather the papers for the person that fell and dropped them. It turns out as he was picking up one last sheet off the ground that they all belonged to the person he was mulling over in silence. "Hi, are you okay?" He asked Amaya quite concerned. "You hit the ground pretty hard, huh?" Kace attempts to put her papers in a neat pile. He did his best and hand them over to the Slytherin. "You should get one of those muggles thingy, paperclips? I heard they're good for keeping papers together or to break in someone's house. I don't know, I read it somewhere..."

Amaya looked up, misty blue eyes wide as she recognized her Kace. No, not hers. She bit her lip, taking her papers and pulling them closer to her. "Yeah, I- I'm okay," She pulled the papers to her chest, fiddling with the edge of one of them. She couldn't help but laugh a little at his joke. "Well, it could be useful for a burglar." She admitted softly, tucking her hair behind her ear. Her eyes darted to and from his, not quite sure where to look but also not really so comfortable. She wasn't sure what she was supposed to do right now. Was he still upset? Was this his way of making up with her? He'd apologized earlier at Wendy's, but she didn't know what that meant. She wasn't going to admit that she still waited for him in the abandoned classroom every week for the dance lessons he'd forgotten after the Yule ball.

Kace grins, "Yeah, whatever use no-majs have for them," Kace said with a shrug. Kace rocked back and forth on his kicks, he not entirely sure what to say. He had already apologized and he meant what he said. Kace's anger was misdirected, it should've been his dad who deserved his ire. And even so, Kace had avoided going home to avoid being angry at his dad during the holidays. Kace couldn't face the man just yet."So, ah, I don't know if you have forgiven me or not...I wanna think that you did and, anyway...did you want to go back dancing? My cousin expecting me to dance at her wedding and I can't do this without you," Kace confess to the Slytherin. It was a simple truth, he couldn't and he didn't see himself with a new dance partner. Not as graceful and flexible as Amaya, it was either her or no dance at all.

Amaya looked up at Kace from under her lashes as he spoke, and finally felt her shoulders relax. She reached out and smacked his arm lightly. "About bloody time, you idiot." She scolded. "If you'd bothered showing up ever you'd already know that-" She stopped herself, biting her lip and looking away. She still wasn't going to admit she waited for him every week. She took a deep breath and looked up again, tucking her hair behind her ear. "Of course I have, and of course we are. I tried with Onyx a few times. He has the legs, but he's so clunky." She shook her head, then paused and looked him dead in the eye. "We're good now, yeah? So fair warning, you kiss me again, and I'll punch you."

"Come again?" Kace looked Amaya confused, she was about to admit that she had been showing up to their dance lessons? Kace instantly made that connection that she alluded to, which made him feel bad. He sighs and tries for a smile. Kace bounced on his heels while scratching the back of his head. "Okay cool, and you did? I didn't take that dude as a dancer," Kace chuckles, shaking his head. Onyx to Kace reminded him of a screamer in those punk bands. Like those punk bands in the early 2000s era, when screaming was a thing in music. Kace shook his head, he was going off topic here. The next thing she said made him laughed, "Would you really?" The boy grew closer to challenge her. "That's too bad that you feel that way, but, I'll respect that. I guess I'm not your type?"

Amaya chuckled. "Good, because he isn't. He has rhythm, I'll give him that, but that's all he has." She shook her head. She blushed a little as Kace laughed, turning her head to look away from him. She was going to say something but he had stepped closer. Her blush deepened at his words, but she wasn't going to be shaken up by him this time. She put two fingers in the middle of his forehead and pushed a little to try and get some space. "More like I'm not your type." She corrected him. "Either way, we both know the only reason you even kissed me was that you panicked." She slid back, holding her papers to her chest. "I am something of a romantic, Kace, if anyone plans to kiss me it's going to be more than a knee-jerk reaction to a bad situation."

Kace laughed getting pushed away. "What?!" Kace was on the fence if he should tell her that wasn't true or let her assume whatever of him. He would only jump to correct her if it was something bad, and what he did was kind of out of the ordinary. "That's what you think," the young teen smirks, stopping himself from saying any more. "I can tell," he said responding to her admitting to being a romantic type. "You read all those books, I'm surprised you haven't read Twilight yet. Or, have you?" Kace grins, poking fun of Amaya's taste in books. They weren't his cup of tea, not the repetitive ones. Kace liked some of the stuff she reads, they were pretty interesting when she summarizes the stories to him.

Amaya rolled her eyes. "That's what I think, that's what I know," She muttered to herself. She rolled her eyes again as he said he could tell she was a romantic. "More than you know," She muttered, rubbing the back of her neck. She chuckled as he asked if she'd read Twilight. "No, I'm not into that kind of romance. I prefer adventure with a touch of romance." She chuckled. "Valentine's day is so overrated." She scoffed, scuffing her toe into the dirt.

Kace smirks, keeping his comments to himself. "Oh, I know, you still need to tell me about the book that you're writing," Kace reminded her. "We should make time for that besides dance practices. That's if you want to," he said with a shrug. Since she was performing with him at his cousin's wedding, the least he could do was be her audience of one and possibly provide some feedback.

Amaya bit her lip as he asked about making time for her book. "Alright, well, I... I suppose we can do that." She couldn't say no to spending more time with Kace. Since he wasn't mad at her anymore, they had time to make up for. "I'm not really sure its any good, but if you want to know I don't mind sharing." She gave him a shy smile. She didn't want him to be disappointed in what she'd written. Though the idea of showing him did feel oddly personal.

"Of course we can do that. I mean if you wanna show me, that's up to you. I don't wanna mess up the vibe if you think it's not ready," Kace let her decide to disclose the book she was working on. He's not positive he would be of any help, though, he didn't mind listening. Kace enjoys a good story if the story coming from a banging storyteller. If the storyteller didn't have him hooked from the start, then there no point in listening to the rest. "What do you have so far?"

Amaya swallowed nervously. "N-no, it's alright. I'd like to show you." She admitted with a shy smile. She gathered her papers. "Do you want to try meeting up later this week? I can ask Lily for some snacks and I'll tell you about it." She offered, trying not to get caught up in the fact that it sounded like a date. It completely wasn't. No way. Not like she wanted a date with Kace. She sighed, running her hand through her hair. Why was she suddenly so nervous around Kace? She was in trouble.

Kace nodded, "For sure. We can meet anywhere as long as you bring the story," Kace encouraged the shy Slytherin. He chuckles, there were so many hints and signs of her little crush on Kace, it's getting harder to ignore them. He can play aloof for as long as he can, before he can't ignore it anymore. It's something he may have picked up from his dad growing up, his dad was a serious ladies man. The wizard knew how to turn up the charm to get any women to notice him. A quality his brother appear to have as well. "Send me a note, I'll check you later. Alright?" The Gryffindor said with a playful wink.

Amaya bit her lip. When would be a good day to meet with Kace? She considered it a bit, looking up again as he spoke, blushing a little as he winked. She rolled her eyes, nudging his arm lightly. "Oh, stop that. You might be able to charm the other girls but I'm not falling for it." She stuck her tongue out at him, giving him a smile before turning and starting to walk away. "I'll see you later, New York," She called over her shoulder, sauntering away and pretending he had no effect on her. Maybe if she ignored it long enough it would work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back