Oh you're so naive

Alexis Richarde

Alexis, tirelessly preparing for her best friends arrival, was all too giddy to finally see Leah. Sure the cleaning would have gone by faster if she used magic, as suggested by Lewis multiple times since she had begun cleaning early in the morning, but this way she felt like she had actually worked and had things to do before her friend arrived. When she had finally finished making her home somewhat acceptable, Alexis looked at the time with a sigh of relief. She had just enough time to get herself ready and get out of sweat pants and a large t-shirt that she didn't remember ever buying and was almost certain it was accidentally put into her things when she moved back to England.

Fifteen minutes and one shower later, Alexis opted for her wand, almost knowing that she wouldn't have time to do her hair, make up and get changed for the night ahead, which was unplanned but was certain to be a good time. When that was done, Alexis tucked her wand away carefully. It wasn't something she used often but it was certainly a part of her, like her hand. There was no way she was going to be away from it as it had been her security blanket since she was ten.

Stepping out of her bedroom, Alexis fiddled with her strawberry blonde hair and sat down on the couch in the living room, crossing her legs at the knee. She straightened her dress, her hands flattening it out against her lower thigh. If someone hadn't known her, they would think that she was nervous when in reality, Alexis was more excited then she had been in a while.

lewis was not an early bird. He didn't enjoy being awoken when it was quite a bit of time before he had to be up. However, since it was quite close to the exams, and he had to get at least 70% to pass, he ws getting up slightly earlier than usual. It still didn't pleased him to be woken up by the sound of cleaning. He told Alexis that with a simple bit of magic this could be over and she could sleep for longer, but Alexis insisted. He found it cute to watch her go around the house and tidy everything. Lewis was very pleased to have found Alexis as a roommate. She had a nice laugh and was funny and she was without a doubt beautiful. He wandered back into his room, figuring he could do some morning studying.

Lewis didn't see the time fly. He had studied quite well achieving in the remembering of all the bones in the body. Obviously he knew he'd need to keep practicing and resiting them for a few days before the were commuted to memory fully. He grabbed some clothes and wen to the bathroom. He crossed paths with Alexis who walked out her room and to the living room. Wow. Was all he could think. She was stunning. As ever. With that he headed into the bathroom and took a very short shower, shaving of his slight stuble and washing his hair. Lewis quickly changed within the bathroom and placed his clothes into the small box of his stuff which he kept in the bathroom.

He walked out the bathroom and through to where Alexis was in the living room. He smiled at her. And wondered what this person visiting would be like.

"When will she be here?" Lewis asked.

Alexis flickered her gaze to Lewis as she heard his voice. A winning smile plastered onto her lips to see her friend. “Leah should be here in...” looking from Lewis to the clock she checked the time as her voice trailed off. “Well now,” she laughed before patting the seat on the couch beside her so they could sit with one another and talk while she waited for her best friend to visit. “You’ll love her. She is the best. Well next to me of course,” she said with a wink of her mixed eyes that had become more green with the more time she had spent with Lewis, no matter the difference in their years and their schedules.

Her fondness of Lewis had grown so much. It all happened on the day he had come to her first, short lesson with her. They had been given simple course information and the like, but the fact that he had been able to calm her down and help her meant a lot to Alexis.

The happiness that overwhelmed Leah Finch was to such an extremity that she had never felt before. Now a woman such as her, a single mother that is with a business of her own might very well be called a feminist. She had gotten on fine without the male race, all but for her brother that is. And true she might have doubted herself in the past few months, and done things that, although for the best, made her feel lower then she had ever felt before. But after everything, her tears, frustrations and sheer determination Leah had finally found this power, this driving force, this crazy feeling that people all over the world yearned for. Love.

With it fresh on her mind and the brightest of smiles hitched on her lightly glossed lips, the azure-eyed woman stood before  the placed that Alexis had given her directions to. Her best friend's home. As odd as it was having to travel across the equator to see her Leah couldn't be more happy that she had finally gotten her dreams in motion, that whatever had exactly happened between her and Izaak had not gotten in the way. Gently she lifted a curled fist and rapped it against the front door, her insides lurching excitedly in anticipation as she did so. 

laame

It seemed that before Lewis could have a chance to respond to her words, a knock came to the door, making her grin and bound towards the door. She tried to slow her pace down but seemed unable of doing so as she opened the door to see her blond best friend. She wrapped her arms around her friend's neck and said, "As if you need to knock, looser." She pulled away and smiled brightly at Leah, looking into her eyes and spotting a tinge of difference in them. She wondered what it was because it looked amazing on her friend. She looked to be her happiest and it brought the hazel-eyed university student.

"Come on Lee," Alexis said, moving back and holding the door open so she could come in and meet Lewis.

Leah’s heart quite literally lurched forward inside of her as the door swung open and before she knew it there was a blur of honeyed-red and the sweet aroma of vanilla about her. “Alexis! I missed you!” The woman squealed excitedly, well aware of the fact that she was acting half her age but not particularly caring either. Nothing could get her down, not today and not ever. For the first time in her life, Leah Samantha Finch felt complete.

“Loser? That’s rich coming from you, you nerd.” Laughter followed as Leah jabbed her fingers into Alexis’ side once they had pulled away from their embrace. No amount of mocking could ever deter the pride she felt to have a best friend such as Alexis, someone who was planning to accomplish something with their education unlike every other beach bum she associated with. "Come on Lee," Leah grinned at her young friend and stepped in through the open door, bubbling away as she did so. “Ohmygod. I have so much to tell you, about Jay and home and well...” A light blush caressed her cheek as her thought’s suddenly became tethered to Fletcher. She wanted to scream it out loud, declaring it to not only Alexis but the entire United Kingdom that she knew what love was, true love that is. The whole of Sydney already knew, she was sure of it.

But her thoughts suddenly waned from her new found love to the likes of another male that was seated in the loungeroom before her very eyes. It took a moment to register that this young blonde man, perhaps around the age of her brother, was Alexis’ roommate. It took a moment more for her to adjust to the fact that after having seen Alexis with practically no one else but her brother this university student was perhaps the furthest thing from Izaak that she could possibly get. A good thing, it would seem. But whether it was his presence or the university lifestyle in general, Leah was glad to see that it had rubbed off positively on her friend. She deserved it more than anyone after all. “Hi! I’m Leah.” She smiled brightly at the male before Alexis could slip her introductions in. And with that, she nudged her best friend teasingly.

Lewis, wasn't the greatest person at meeting new people. Espically when he knew it was going to be the best friend of a girl. Girls in two generally, got very girly-ish. Lewis didn't like that at all. He would be the type to back away and remove himself, while wondering what girls liked about talking about gossip. He much preferred talking about potions, or the human body. But for Alexis, he would a greater effort. Lewis just sat in the living room, listening as the girls greeted each other. He was already regretting this slightly. Knowing he had work to do, but he just reminded himself that it was for Alexis, not him. He smiled at the girl as she entered the room. Lewis gave a small nod as she spoke.

"Hi Leah, I'm Lewis." He said in his still strong Australian accent. "Welcome to our home. Take a seat. Can I get either of you two, something to eat or drink?" Lewis said, smiling at both Leah and Alexis, though his eyes lingered slightly longer on Alexis. He would make himself useful for these girls.

Alexis’ lightly glossed lips pulled into a bright smile as her blonde best friend squealed. It was amazing that after all this time that they had been out of contact from one another they could pick up like nothing had ever happened and she was so glad that they could because she really missed her only other friend then Lewis at the moment. Being busy with school had made her rather unavailable and unable to talk to anyone, especially with examinations coming up in early December, so having a friend like Leah was a godsend and having Lewis as her roommate was equally as great.

“Rather be a nerd then a dead beat,” she teased back, knowing her friend would understand she meant nothing harmful by her words. Alexis was all jest. Closing the door behind Leah, the strawberry blonde turned back towards her and listened to her go on about how she had to tell her stuff about her life. Seeing the growing blush on her cheeks, Alexis quirked an eyebrow up but was tempted to remind her friend that she had just given birth to her second boy and that it had effected her so negatively and as her ‘sister’ Alexis would not allow her to do that to herself again.

Following her friend further into the house to the sitting room, she smiled softly at Lewis as her friend introduced herself, unsure if she was supposed to introduce him for him or what, but he, of course, introduced himself for her. As Lewis offered Leah and herself a drink or something to eat, Alexis wrapped an arm around her friend’s shoulder but kept her eyes on Lewis’ bright eyes. Alexis Marie Richarde was perfectly comfortable in her life now and she nearly felt that it was all because of the friendship Lewis had offered to her on the first meeting. “Lewis, you don’t have to get us anything,” she said softly, knowing that if she or Leah wanted anything, Alexis would be willing to get it and Leah, had she known the layout of this new home, would probably be puttering her way around the kitchen as if it was her own.

“Leah, you don’t mind that I invited Lewis to join us right?” Alexis asked her friend with a grin, glancing over to her momentarily. “I mean I hadn’t really planned anything because I didn’t know what you both might want to do but I hope that we can all spend time together. Doesn’t matter if we go out tonight or anything,” she said honestly, looking from Lewis to Leah then back again.

The first thing that Leah noticed in Lewis as he spoke, even before his politeness, was the relaxed tongue of an Australian accent. And however petty it may seem, he was suddenly all the more likeable. Gently she shook her head, declining his offer but it was only to hear Alexis do the exact same thing. "Thank you anyway. I couldn’t help but notice though, you’re Australian? Whereabouts are you from?" Leah’s own accent was somewhere in between the twang of an American and the laziness of an Australian, an odd mix that somehow fitted right in there in that moment though between Alexis and Lewis. There was something else about this young man too; a sense of loyalty, a hint of devotion in his eyes. Since Fletcher’s entrance into her life, Leah had been made acutely aware of these sorts of feelings.

“Leah, you don’t mind that I invited Lewis to join us right?” She was in the midst of judging Alexis’ state of contentment when the question had fallen into her lap. Confused for a moment, she cocked a questioning eyebrow at her best friend question before effortlessly fishing her reply. “Of course not. Unless you do Lewis.” The azure eyed woman chuckled lightly before flicking her attention to Alexis once more. “Alexis Marie, I don’t care where we are. I haven’t spent any quality time with you since you were in Australia last.” Her tone of voice was mockingly unimpressed but inside Leah’s excitement was about to blow a fuse. There were many many things that they needed to discuss- her classes, the thing’s she had missed out on in Bondi, Fletcher, the list went on. “Soo... How’s life on campus?” With a smile lingering within them the exotic azure of her eyes poured into the green hues of Alexis’, surer that she had never seen her so happy since Christmas.

Lewis noticed the Australian in the girl, Leah's accent. "I'm from Sydney. You?" He said He gave a smile to the girl and although there was that hint of American, just like Alexis. He gave a small nod to both girls as the politely refused his offer to get something. He however was a little hungry. He hadn't really eaten all that much since the night before. Having not found the time to do so during his studying that morning. He smiled at both girls. he didn't mind joining them. It would be a little strange for the boy who preferred the company of a few guys and generally only one girl. he would be comfortable with this. He was comfortable with this. It was really only one new person he would be a little wary of, because Lewis liked the company of Alexis a lot.

"Oh no, I don't mind at all. But I'm going to go grab myself a cup of coffee," Lewis said with a friendly smile. "Alexis has been up since the early hours, cleaning, so If I'm going to be awake for you ladies, I'm going to need my coffee." Lewis said before walking out the room, his eyes lingering slightly on Alexis, before he was out the room, and to the kitchen.

Alexis grinned as her Australian friends spoke to one another, instantly feeling that this would be a great day between the three of them, not that there had been any particular bad days with Lewis. And, of course, with her best friend visiting, how on Earth could it be a bad day? She wanted to burst from pure joy as the three seemed to be fine with one another, this had been one of her rather petty fears of this day, but was glad that the risk of introducing the two closest people in her life (as of this moment) had been taken. As Lewis said that he was from Sydney, she briefly wondered if Leah and Lewis had any mutual friends, aside from herself of course, but doubted it. Sydney, Australia was a very big city.

Alexis grinned at Leah, mocking her by toddling her head side-to-side as she spoke, whilst rolling her eyes. She stuck her tongue out playfully, well aware she was acting all too much like a five year old but not particularly caring either. Hearing Lewis speak about coffee, Alexis stuck her tongue back in and glanced over at Leah before back at Lewis. “Eh he. Sorry about that Lewis,” she said, chuckling from embarrassment as he left the sitting room and went into the kitchen, not particularly noticing why his gaze had seemed to linger on her or why she felt suddenly nervous in her own home in a way she had when she and Izaak had looked at each other after she had discovered her feelings for Zaire.

This all seemed so far away, because the Gryffindor Almuni had not thought about Zaire in a long time, nor had she felt much when she had. Only grief came through her weakened heart for Zaire Jose Adams. This was due to her painful adoration of Izaak and how it simply would not go away. “Soo… How’s life on campus?” Her gaze, which had flickered back to a memory of her blue eyed ex, looked to Leah and she smiled, as if she had not been thinking of Izaak and if Leah hadn’t known her so goddamn well, it might have been seen as a truthful look. “It is great. Much different then Hogwarts and for some weird reason, I feel more at home then I had ever felt in America, London or Australia.” This was a fact. Right now, Alexis Marie belonged at Oxford University and she would not be leaving this school at all until graduation, well not permanently.

“How is life back in Bondi?” she asked, trying not to hint whether she wanted to know about Izaak or not because a part of her did but a large part of her – the part that was jealous and hateful – did not want to know about Izaak and how much better he was without her. While it may seem cruel, Alexis almost wanted him to be hurting without her, like she was without him.

After noting enthusiastically that she too was from Sydney, Leah chuckled light-heartedly at the words that Lewis spoke as he headed towards the kitchen. “Cleaning? As if that needed doing, silly. You know my house always looks like a bombsite.” The young woman was grinning now as she made a mockery of the mess that Jay ran about the house. She should have believed people when they said that all males were a nightmare to clean up after, even ones barely three feet high. The light in her azure blue eyes caught hold of Lewis’ lingering gaze on Alexis before he disappeared into the next room for his coffee. She knew that look, that hint of pining and that dash of desiring. She knew it so well in fact that it caused her to shift uncomfortably in her seat as her gloriously blue eyes fixated back onto her best friend to find another variation of the same emotion in the duller tones of her irises. Too pained to be associated with the young man that had just left the living room. Izaak. It just had to be.

“You mean better than Hogwarts.” She teased, recounting the near similarities the school year had with imprisonment. “Don’t get too comfortable though, I might lose you up here in the preppy crowd!” There was a smile on Leah’s lips as she spoke but still she couldn’t help but wonder dejectedly if Oxford even topped the Finch family way back when she and Izaak had been squeezed into the modest household too. Although she had never been able to see much of her during the school term anyway, Leah missed having Alexis around. She missed the low expense of local phone calls and the convenience of having her a short five minutes walk away, there was the sun-bathing on the beach and the occasional shop that she missed dearly too. Of course she had other friends and she had her brother but she couldn’t be with any of them the way she was when she was with Alexis.

“How is life back in Bondi?” Leah smiled, it was only a reciprocated question but it coincided well with her thoughts. “Amazing. It’s pretty hectic at the moment though, full of backpackers. I don’t think Izaak’s had a day off in like a week and a half...” Leah bit her lip once she realised that she had mentioned her brother. He was probably the last person she wanted to hear about, even for something as trivial as working. But apart from his trip to Paris with Isabella, he had been quite down in the dumps. Especially after what she had been told Sakura had snapped at him about. But his grievances were more than that of his current girlfriend, if they weren’t he’d be out searching relentlessly until he found her. He missed Alexis and it was so clear that he might as well have worn a flashing neon sign above his head. At this, Leah shared a glance with her friend, one that somehow conveyed that he was horribly lost without his former lover. And unless Alexis wanted to take it further, that was all the implications she’d place on the matter. “And I, um, I met someone...” The doe-eyed woman kept her teeth latched on to her lower lip but this time it was for an entirely different reason. A blush grew healthy on her face then as she tried to disguise her seriousness for Fletcher beneath a cheeky smile.

Alexis grinned at Leah before correcting her playfully, “Well you have a five year old. I think that the mess at your home is acceptable but unless Lewis is hiding a child, there is no five year old here.” She laughed, imagining that Lewis kept a child in his bed room in secret and fed him scraps like Julia and she had when they found a dog when they were nine. Of course the pair had been caught and had to give the dog up because of Mariella’s allergies and how dogs tended to destroy anything of worth and that was all their house had been.

“You say that like Uni is a cult,” Alexis said, finding amusement in her friend as she always had which brought a flash of loneliness from the knowledge that she would return home soon enough and she would be here with Lewis without her best friend which only made things worse from being away from her love. Not wanting to be a downer she pushed all the thoughts of how she wished that Leah could be at Oxford with her and that she could see Jay and Gabriel regularly. These people were more her family then her own and it saddened her to not to be able to see them and that there was now no chance in hell that she could ever have them as her in-laws like she and Izaak had dreamed about.

A wince that Alexis could not control crossed her face as Izaak was mentioned. It was nearing summer and her thoughts had been of that one wonderful summer she had spent with Izaak when they had confessed their love to one another. As of late she had been thinking of the moments of perfect silence they spent with another or when they slow danced together before Leah or Jay had woke in the mornings, no matter how exhausted Alexis had been from waking so early. “At least he is getting work,” she said quietly before sighing to herself. She had to remember that it would never be the same again even if they wanted to get back together. There was absolutely no way she could trust him again with her heart.

“And I, um, I met someone...” Alexis was relieved for a way to be distracted by her own heart ache so she asked, "And...? You can't leave me hanging like that Leah." She smiled as her friend blushed but felt protective over her because the depression her friend had gone through when she was pregnant with Gabriel was still fresh in Alexis' mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back