Avie Mitchell

peter pan

OOC First Name
Emzies
Sexual Orientation
Rocks
Wand
Mahogany Wand 14 Essence of Unicorn Hair
Avie Mitchell had the Halloween feeling. He was excited as anything. He had heard about the theme from the brotherhood which was monsters and he thought he'd done pretty well. It wasn't overly inventive but it worked. He had gone as a vampire which was a monster. He had used the help of an older student to get some vampire fangs and some contacts so that he had very yellow eyes. Then he matched this up with soaking his chin and most of the front of his t-shirt was covered in fake blood, to given the impression that he had just bitten someone. To be honest Avie was incredible happy with how it looked, not to mention he was also very happy about how much fun this Halloween was going to be amazing. He was going to be looking out for his friends, from Kris, Lucien, or Marcel? Maybe even Emily. He was so excited for this day, for all the joy that this would be. He was looking forward to being able to have fun with that. He glanced at himself in the mirror as he made sure that it looked fine, that he did, and really he knew that he did. He was just a little nervous. This was his first real Halloween.

Excitedly Avie just ran threw the corridors, jumping at random people and then running off again. He couldn't help but be incredibly happy. He reached the great hall in record time. He ran into the room and laughed happily as he saw everything. He had always loved Halloween no matter how much his aunt tried to stop him and his brothers from doing it. He jumped happily on the spot as he began to run around the hall. Looking at different peoples costumes and acting scared or joyous at whatever they were. Avie would've kept running if a stray foot hadn't stopped him. He fell the the floor, quick however to make sure to not get the floor dirty or ruin his teeth. Although this stoppage turned out to be the best thing for Avie. Since as he looked up from the floor, he noticed the table that had just do much food on it. He gasped loudly jumping to his feet he walked over quickly. He looked at all the food on the table, and then from the corner of his eye, "CANDY" he exclaimed loudly, siding over to it and wasting no time in stuffing his face with all the candy. He was very aware that his sharp teeth were helping him bite into the candy. So much sugar. Avie was so happy.

Halloween was most definitely one of Emily's most favoured holidays. Not only was it a traditional American Holiday, with regards to muggles, but it was also a big celebration in the wizarding world and that meant that Emily was allowed to go all out in her celebrations. Though she had enlisted her mothers help with her costume, namely having her hair done before heading down to the great hall, Emily was proud of the fact that she had thought of the concept all on her own. A feat she was not usually able to achieve as her mother was rather constantly on her back, making little suggestions in her ear. She was going to be here tonight, so Emily was going to be on her best behaviour, whether she liked it or not. Though she was usually a pretty good kid, in her opinion, her mother rarely yelled at her at least. That had to account for something at least. As she stepped into the great hall, Emily spun around, looking at all the decorations, before having to stop as her hair was long enough to be whipping people. She cringed and apologised before pulling her long ponytail over her shoulder and out of the way. It would not do to be attacking the other people.

After a while, Emily spotted her mother and Ciro and she waved at them. How her mother had been able to get Professor Raven into those clothes was beyond her, as she distinctly remembered him flatly refusing. It was nice to see that her mother had won though. However a noise from near the food table drew Emily's attention across the room to where a boy was picking himself up from the ground. She smiled happily when she realised who it was. Whipping around again and heading back in that direction, Emily came up next to Avie and hugged him, kind of ignoring the fact that he was currently stuffing his face with lollies. "Avie! What a surprise to see you near the food!" She was kidding of course, because she would have definitely expected him to be near the food the whole night. She stepped back and got a good look at his costume, looking from his golden eyes to the blood on his shirt. She hoped that was fake. She rubbed her head where some of Avie's fake blood had rubbed off onto her and looked at her hand. "I hope my mum doesn't think you are trying to eat me!" She exclaimed, looking back over to where her mother was, still with Ciro.

Avie hadn't even thought about what all this sugar would do to him, nor the attention that he would attract since he had been speaking so loud. It was simple, he was just happy to see some much sugary substances just right in front of his eyes. He was just so excited. He couldn't help but get more and more excited. He was eating and eating, until a voice spoke beside him. He glanced round just as the girl wrapped her arms around him in a hug. He didn't want to get all of the blood on her, but he couldn't really stop her either. It took him a couple of moments to even figure out who it was. "Emily!" he exclaimed happily as she pulled away, his mouth still full of candy. He wasn't exactly going to stop eating it, though he slowed down. He swallowed what he had in his mouth while smiling happily at her. It was clear that he was already super excited, he should really stop with the sugar. But, there was too much tasty stuff on offer he just couldn't allow himself to do something like that. He smiled at her, showing the fangs, happily. He had really tried to follow the monster theme.

Avie glanced over at where she pointing. And noted that the professor, the female professor was not someone that he actually knew, but he knew the other one, the man. "Professor Raven!" he exclaimed at the man, waving happily to him. "Hello Emily's mom" he then also added since they were together. He then looked at Emily and shook his head. Of course he wasn't eating her. Although, was that what that brother meant by eye candy? He wasn't sure. "I wouldn't eat you. Humans don't taste good" He told her with a firm nod. "I mean, I haven't actually tasted anyone, but I tried to eat my arm and it didn't taste like anything" he told her as he grabbed some more sweets and put them in his mouth happily. "What are you dressed as?" he asked her between mouthfuls of sweet. He was happy to be able to spend some time with her, but he wanted to do something fun. This halloween thing was good, but it wasn't the most fun yet. He wanted to wait to see how interested Emily would be into doing something a little different. It didn't even occur to him that her mother was there and that she might not want to do anything.

Emily thought it was pretty funny that Avie was super hyper with the lollies. She would have liked to be that hyper too, well, maybe not quite, but maybe a little hyper. However with her mother floating about, that was putting a damper on those plans quite thoroughly. Frowning, Emily realised she was going to have a rather interesting time at school with her mum hanging about to get in the way of things. It was kind of a crappy scenario now. Oh well, she loved her mother and for the most part, she was being left alone, so Emily was glad for that. She was also pretty excited about not having to call her mother, mum and that she could call her professor Hayes, which made it seem like her mother was just another random professor and not related to her at all. Of course she loved her mother and she enjoyed the company of Professor Raven, but some people could be intimidated by the fact that she had a parent in the school as it meant that she couldn't be trusted to keep secrets apparently. She had to admit that she was a tattle tale, but only sometimes, well, maybe more then that.

Emily was slightly confused when Avie seemed to be overjoyed at the sight of Professor Raven, that was until she realised that Professor Raven taught first to fourth years and of course Avie would know him. She grinned at him and laughed slightly as he said hi to her mother, to which she had waved back. Emily turned back to Avie and raised an eyebrow as he mentioned that people didn't taste good. She was about to ask him about it, but he clarified for her shortly after and Emily found herself laughing at the fact that Avie had tried to eat his arm. She tilted her head slightly. "Avie, you're silly. Why would you try to eat your arm anyway?" It wasn't like there wasn't plenty of other things he couldn't try, although maybe he had done it at home? It seemed like something he would do at home, seeing as he had done many other things at home and that was just the ones he had told her about, she was sure there were many more. She pulled her hair over her shoulder again to rest down her front. Her hair was very long and it reached her stomach whilst it was in a high ponytail, so she had to admit that she maybe would get it cut someday. "I'm an assassin, from a comic book!" She was excited about that fact, maybe because it was a muggle thing and there probably wouldn't be many who would know that. Emily like reading comic books, as it was mostly just pictures. "You're a vampire!"

Avie was happy, and smiling at his friend. He didn't notice her confusion when he greeted Professor Raven a little more openly than he greeted Emily's mother. He didn't know her mother at all. He just really liked Professor Raven. Avie knew full well that he was a little bit of a handful and yet Professor Raven had not once kicked him out of the class, or the reading lessons that he was giving Avie. He full well knew that he could be a bit of a handful, but the man seemed keen and determined to really help Avie. But, Avie had yet to see a bit of difference. Not that he really cared. He liked it, and he was trying to work hard at it. "Professor Raven's great. He's been helping me" he said as an off comment, since he was really believed it. No one else really at Hogwarts had at all taken the time with him, or actually really noticed. He was happy with the fact that of all the professors it was professor raven who was teaching him. As much as Avie liked Professor Styx, he didn't think the man was quite the type to really have the patience to sit with Avie and teach him. He didn't seem like that.

As Emily spoke in response what he'd been saying about not tasting good, and called him silly. He just laughed about it. He smiled at her, "I was checking to see if I was candy. Like you know eye-candy. My arm was closest. Maybe with these fangs I could." As if to make the point, he raised his arm to his teeth and went to take a bite, but then decided he just wanted candy. It didn't really occur to the boy that he had not quite understood what the real definition had been, but he'd at least tried it and then he was sure that the other boy that had brought up the term hadn't meant for Avie to take it quite as literally as he had. "I like real candy more. It's better." he said with a small smile as he shoved a couple more sweets in his mouth. He could feel the energy really building inside him, pretty much ready to burst. He felt excited and incredible. He had so much energy. He was barely able to catch what she was saying. "Which comic book?" he asked her.

"My cousins never let me read their because I always make them sticky, or muddy because I always forget to wash up, but I look at the pictures anyway because I like the pictures and I think it would be really cool to be a superhero like so cool I think I'd be like Superman. What about you?" Avie said pretty much without stopping, he smiled happily at her, bouncing up and down on the spot. "Yeah, I'm a vampire" and then he hissed somewhat like a cat to show the teeth. He laughed slightly at this. "The brotherhood have come as a theme. Monsters, but I couldn't think of anything other than vampire. Plus, I think I make a scary monster" he nodded at her. He was really filled with energy. He wanted to do something, get to playing or something. Suddenly, he just dropped the rest of the sweets that had been in his hands just on to the side of the table and ran off to the dance floor. "Come on Emily!" he called back to her, hoping she'd come join him. He got to the centre and without even thinking about it! "COME ON!"

Emily smiled as Avie mentioned that the Professor was helping him. She thought that was really nice of him! Professor Raven, or Ciro as she called him most often, usually only in his office or at home though, he liked to help a lot of people. She remembered that he helped her with her telescope for Astronomy. Though she'd not had the class yet, she was expecting too next semester and so she was really quite looking forward too it. Sometimes before Ciro's classes started, Emily liked to make her way up there of a morning and have breakfast in his office with him. She'd sit on his desk and prattle on about anything she could think of, eating whatever food she had brought with her and Ciro would just sit and drink his tea. It was very calming. "Yeah, he's like that. He helped me once with a telescope i got my dad to buy me, but then i couldn't set it up and so he helped!" She had a feeling it was a different kind of help for Avie, but she didn't want to intrude and ask him, so she decided it was best to stay off the subject. Emily just laughed slightly as she realised that she had kind of just been standing there.

The mention of something about eye-candy confused Emily. She'd heard the term before in conversations between older students, she'd also heard it coupled with the term "stud-muffin" but she had never heard of those kinds of foods. "Yeah, i don't really understand what people mean by eye candy, so your guess is as good as mine." As Avie went to bite his arm again, Emily reached out to stop him, only to feel silly when she realised that he wasn't actually going to do it. She laughed slightly and played with her hair. "I actually thought you were going to do it. Oops." She shook her head again. She was enjoying the music, which was good, because she was usually quite picky with what she liked when it wasn't her favourite type. "Lollies are the best, i agree. Not people. People shouldn't be eaten." It was also illegal in like every country, so she definitely thought that they shouldn't be eating people, it was bad. "Oh! She is from an old Batman comic. Talia Al Ghul." There was more to the story, but she had not read it all, so she didn't really know the whole story or anything, it was best to stop there. At least that was what she thought.

Emily listened quietly as Avie explained that his cousins never let him read their comics because he would get them dirty. Emily could understand that. She had to hide her books, any of them, from her brother because he would try to wreck them on purpose. Though she didn't think that Avie would try to wreck hers on purpose, or his cousins either. However, she blinked at him and was stuck for a moment. Avie kept talking and he just wasn't stopping for a breath. Emily's brain had to catch up with him. When he finally stopped, he asked a question and it took Emily a moment. "Oh, um... good question... Superman? I think you could be Superman!" After all, he did eat a lot of sweets and things as well. Avie then went on to explain that the brotherhood had come to the Halloween Feast as monsters. She agreed that Avie had picked well. Even though some people liked Vampires, Emily found them terrifying, same with Werewolves and all of those sorts of things. She'd probably seen too many horror movies to ever feel completely comfortable knowing someone was a real vampire or werewolf! Suddenly, Avie just dropped all of the remaining lollies that had been in his hands on the table and ran off. Emily blinked for a moment, thinking she might have said something wrong, only to realise he had left her to dance and was now calling her over. Emily waved at him, gesturing to wait a second as she picked up some of the lollies that had fallen on the ground. She wasn't exactly a particularly neat person, but she didn't want her mother to see the mess either.

Finishing her little clean up, Emily ran over to join Avie in the middle of the dance floor. There were people dancing all over the place. Some were dancing together, other were separate and some were in big groups. Emily grinned and just started jumping around. She could dance properly, like a lady, which her mother had taught both herself and her brother to be able to do. But such dancing would be silly for a party, or for this kind of music. Either way, she was enjoying just jumping around. Though she knew she would get all tired and sweaty, because Avie was like a ball of energy, whereas Emily wasn't. At least not towards the end of the day. She'd had all the rest of the day to tire herself out. Avie just needed sugar and he was up like a light. It was incredible! "You're like a giant ball of energy! I think muggles could run their batteries off of you!"

Avie looked over at the professor and then back at Emily. He was wondering what he helped her with. Was she perhaps a little like him. He was yet to meet someone of this age that had as many problems with reading, but as she continued on and talked about something that wasn't at all what he thought. He didn't really know what a telescope was. He was certain that he knew the look of one, if he say it, but aside from that he didn't think he could put a name to the thing itself. Happily the boy just nodded at her. Smiling happily as he just put more sweets in his mouth. "He's helping me read, because I don't really know how, and he's been really cool about it, because most people just give up after like two days of it." he told her as if it was really nothing, he liked Emily, he trusted her. He was also unable to really stop himself from rambling about it. Just as they moved to the topic of eye candy. He had raised his arm to his mouth, but he really had no intention of actually biting on it. He was glad that she thought the same about eye-candy as him. He was surprised when she reached out to stop him, and he frowned slightly at her. He wouldn't do that, well, he had never intended to actually. "It's okay, a lot of people would think the same as you." he added brightly. He realised that a lot of people would've thought he would do that. He wasn't actually going to, "It's okay, Emily. I wouldn't have done that. It would be dangerous, plus I'm sure that if I really wanted to know what I tasted like, biting directly is a bad idea. Because I'd end up biting in the wrong place." he told her, not even mention the fact that eating humans was very illegal in pretty much everywhere, but that wasn't the important factor to young Avie. He nodded at her as she spoke. He didn't think lollies were the best, just at least better than people. He then smiled as she told him it was from an old batman comic. He had been really kidding himself about knowing what each character would be. He couldn't actually read the names of them. He just knew batman, because his cousin had told him enough to know. That was all really. He was pretty happy with just knowing that.

As she answered his last question, Avie just burst out laughing, he hadn't meant to but it had happened. "No silly, I meant what superhero would you be" he said between laughter. "I know I would superman, I don't have the same build as him, but I do have the same happiness, and I like making people happy, he keeps people safe, but people don't really think I'm good at that. I'm not, because I'm super young, and like things distract me. But I might be good at it when I'm older and wiser" he told her, "But not boring. I don't want to be boring" He added with a small frown. He really never wanted to be boring,. That to him was the worst thing that he could really see himself being boring. That to him was the worst thing. As the excitement in him grew he could no longer just stay still. He could no longer just stand still. He just had to head out to the dance floor. Which was exactly what he did. Dropping the sweets off at the table and then, running to the dance floor, only looking back at Emily to see if she was actually following him. He was sure that she was, and sure that she would come with him. It didn't occur to him that she might want to be slightly better behaved because her mother was just there. However, when she joined him, he just exclaimed happily. Jumping up and down to the music as much as he could. He laughed happily, "Emily!" he exclaimed as she started to dance with him. It wasn't very good at this whole dancing thing, he struggled but he didn't care. He was barely able to make out Emily's words to him. "I couldn't do that" he said, before stopping himself as if to show he couldn't conduct electricity or whatever was needed for batteries. "I'm just really happy" he told her. "I just want to have fun. I'm just excited. Aren't you excited Emily?" he had resumed what he called juncing which was jumping and dancing at the same time, as he spoke to her. "I mean it's halloween, and after halloween it's christmas and christmas means presents, and while I can't go home for christmas cause my mama's busy I'm looking forward to the season anyway because I still get gifts and I can spend my holiday building back up my amazing rock collection. Because it's been lacking recently, since my cousins during the break decided to throw half of them into the garden in the areas I'm not suppose to go. You'll go back home for christmas right? Most do, it gets quiet here, but it's okay because I can have fun on my own" Avie just didn't stop talking. He was feeling the energy inside him, he almost felt like it was about to burst out.

Emily was more then a little surprised when Avie mentioned that he was unable to read. It was something that Emily had always taken for granted, being able to read from a young age, it never occurred to her that someone would be unable, unwilling or simply not taught. She realised that Avie was obviously willing to learn, as if there was one thing she knew about her maybe future step-father, it was that he never gave up on anyone if they were willing to try. After all, he'd still not given up on her own mother and Emily knew that she had been pushing him away since the day she met him. These were all things she had been able to figure out. Not all of them were completely true, but she did try and if she was wrong in her assumptions, well, that was hardly her fault. She smiled at Avie and was going to ask about his reading lessons with Ciro, but decided maybe it was better to stay away from the topic. After all, what was she going to do? Ask to sit in on the lessons? That would be weird, all she would be doing was sitting and just staring at them as Ciro taught her to read. It would be very unproductive indeed.

Emily nodded as Avie said that her wouldn't have actually bitten his arm. She did feel bad though that she had immediately jumped to that conclusion. She always did that, it was why she had a hard time making friends, she tended to scare them off pretty easily. She did agree though that biting his arm directly without really knowing where he was biting would be a bad idea. "No, i'm sorry. I don't know why i just assumed. I tend to do that though. So sorry!" She wasn't sure why she was apologising, but her mother always said, if in doubt, apologise. It was one thing she had learned was best to take heed of. Some people could get really nasty about not receiving an apology. However as soon as Avie mentioned that he had been asking her what superhero she would be, Emily had to really think about it. She didn't really think she would be a superhero. She would more likely be the tech savvy best friend or the clumsy girl friend, or something along those lines. Emily wasn't much of a leader and she really wasn't very good at saving people she was positive of that. "Oh, i don't think i'd be a superhero. I think i'd be one of those femme fatale types." She said laughing. "Or any of those other supporting roles. My brother i think would be like... batman or maybe Aquaman or something. Flash maybe." She didn't know which he would be, but it was all quite fascinating to think about.

On the dance floor, Emily contained herself, slightly, as she watched Avie kind of let loose. He was a regular confetti, disco ball. She was sure if he exploded he would turn into millions of tiny little lights that would work for ages. She grinned when he asked if she was having fun. Of course she was. Who wouldn't be having fun in a place like this. "Of course i am! Dancing is always fun. I'm just not used to this dancing." She told him, moving around a little as the song changed. She then shook her head when he asked if she was going back home for Christmas. "Well, um... sort of. I live here." She told him, before realising she'd not really said it properly. "Well, not here, but like, in New Zealand. I live in Obsidian Harbour. So there's no real need to leave the castle. You know?" She asked, smiling. "So you are stuck with me for the entire holidays. It'll be fun!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back