Old School Week Of Parks and Daughters

Great, you can cook then, let’s go.” He said, turning on his heel to walk back to the estate.

Mitch wondered if maybe she shouldn't have let that tidbit out. Phillip was the better cook after all. "Fine, fine," she said as she followed the pair. "So what am I cooking?" "Peanut butter and jelly!" the little girl exclaimed.

“Come on Lorelai, we can do better than that. Something she actually has to cook at least!”

Lorelai seemed to think for a bit. "Fried peanut butter and jelly!" Mitch laughed.

“Honey, that’s not a a proper food.”

Mitch just watched father and daughter. Lorelai was pouting. "But... peanut butter and jelly..." she said sadly.

“Well, jam, but that’s not the point, it’s not a good, healthy food, Bub.”

Lorelai looked horrified. “Of course they’re good! And healthy! It has peanuts! And jelly made of fruit! And bread!” Mitch had to cover her lips to keep from laughing.

“Hanna is this what you consider cooking? Because,”

I can fry eggs too.

Phillip frowned. “Fantastic,” he shook his head. “Right, I’m cooking. Let’s hurry this up!”

Mitch and Lorelai both cheered.

“It’s disgusting that you’re playing me this way, I hope you know that.”

"I'm still willing to cook."

Not if you’re making that fried nonsense.” Phillip said, shaking his head. The only reason they were walking was because Phillip had no practice with side apparition and there was no way he was risking splinching his daughter.

"There's always boiled egg." Mitch said with a shrug. "I can do that too."

"So you can boil eggs and you can fry eggs," Phillip said shaking his head in disgust. "It's good to see you've branched out from those muggle two minute noodle things at least."

"You have to admit it's an improvement from burning water." She didn't know how she managed it. But hey, it wasn't like she's actually cooked before at the time. She was trying to cook pasta then. And she burned the water off. Her next attempt, the pasta turned black.

"Might as well keep the same arrangement we had then," he told her, absently, not really thinking about how that might sound to her.

Mitch hummed. The old arrangement didn't sound so bad, besides, it seemed as if they were falling into their old routine already anyways. She wondered why it was so easy despite the years that they had spent apart.

They walked in silence for a while before they walked past an ice cream shop that drew Lorelai's attention. Phillip shook his head. He was usually the healthy one, and he liked everyone in his care to be healthy too, it was something left over from his time married to Don, after being cheated on he'd changed his whole lifestyle. "Well, I suppose one ice cream wouldn't hurt."

Mitch was surprised when Phillip actually agreed to Lorelai’s request. “Yay, ice cream,” the woman cheered with her daughter. Dessert before dinner!

Phillip shook his head. How had he gotten himself into this situation. Well, he knew how. "Alright, come on," he walked into the parlour and sat at one of the tables. "What do you want?"

Chocolate!” “Strawberry,” the pair said simultaneously before grinning.

"'suppose I'm paying for this too," he said, grumbling as he walked over to the counter to get the orders.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back