OOC First Name
Kadi
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Wand
Knotted 13 Inch Unyielding Hazel Wand with Essence of Belladonna Core
It was earlier than Delilah usually ventured out on the weekends but she was desperate to get some practice in before the grounds were crawling with classmates. She set down her violin case on the grass that was still damp with the morning dew and kept her music still tightly tucked under her arm so it wouldn't get wet. With a deep breath she took out her wand and cast the levitating charm on her music. Much to her relief her wand cooperated with her and it floated neatly at eye level while she picked up her violin. After a quick check of it's tuning she got right to practicing some warm up exercises and scales. Almost immediately she felt herself relax into the comforting feeling of the bow in her hand and the consistent pressure of the strings. It was almost comical just how unrelaxed she felt nearly all the time. Brooke always kept her on her toes and now Ivy was starting to change and she wasn't sure how to change with her. She wished things could just stay the same but she knew that wasn't possible. And then there was Sawyer, who still made her heart beat faster but she was starting to question if it was for the reasons she originally thought. Her finger slipped on one of the strings letting out a loud and dissonant note. She groaned. Even doing the one thing she loved wasn't able to clear her head.

When Iris had a lot on her mind, she liked to take a walk. Early mornings were the best time for it, though it was sometimes a bit difficult to get herself out of bed early in the morning. Especially on a weekend. She had dressed warmly, wrapping a scarf around her neck before heading out onto the grounds. She walked around for a while, enjoying the relative quiet of the lawns at this time of day when she suddenly heard some music. Curious, Iris looked around for the source of the sound, finding a girl with a violin and music floating in front of her. Iris watched her for a moment, then winced as she slipped up. "Sorry, did I distract you?" She asked. She recognized the girl from her own house, sure she was a year or two below her.

Delilah had let her bow hang by her side as she wallowed for a bit longer but was quickly interrupted but an unfamiliar voice. She looked up in a flash and was surprised to see an older girl with beautiful red hair looking at her curiously. She felt her face flush with embarrassment almost by instinct. "Oh, no you didn't." she said quickly and moved to hold the instrument protectively in front of her. "I distracted myself I guess." she offered as explanation. It sounded silly and she wished she had just stayed quiet or let the other girl take the blame. "I wasn't disturbing you was I?" she asked just as quickly a moment later. Delilah knew she was perfectly with in reason to play music outside but there was a part of her that was worried she had sill managed to be an annoyance.

Iris smiled reassuringly at the younger girl, feeling like she was a little embarrassed by Iris' sudden presence. She didn't want to make the girl feel bad when she had only been trying to appreciate her music. She quickly shook her head when the girl asked if she had been disturbing her. "No, not at all." She said softly. "I actually came to find the source of the lovely music. You're very talented." She said. "You're in Ravenclaw as well, right?"

Delilah was starting to feel rather silly for acting so surprised. Of course someone would have heard her playing, she was surrounded constantly. But she grew flustered again as the older girl reacted rather kindly and she couldn't help but blush at the compliment. "Yes, I'm a fourth year." she answered quickly when asked if she was in Ravenclaw. "And thank you." she added just as fast. She was surprised that she had been noticed at all by any of the older students who seemed to have a certain level of grace that she envied. "I'm Delilah by the way." she offered with a shrug. Part of her had wanted to be alone but she also didn't want to chase her away right immediately. "Would you like me to play you something?"

Iris nodded when the girl said she was a fourth year. It made sense, Iris knew the students the year below her fairly well, but anyone younger than that wasn't really on her radar. "I'm a sixth year." She explained, smiling slightly as she saw the girl blush. She hoped she was making her day a bit better by complimenting her music. Iris was always impressed when others had musical talent, as it was one thing she really had no idea how to do. "Nice to meet you, Delilah. I'm Iris." She said. She shook her head at her offer. "That's very kind, but just play what you want to play. Do you mind if I listen?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back