Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Bisexual
Wand
Curved 8 1/2 Inch Swishy Applewood Wand with Erumpent Hide Core
Elsie... couldn't cook. Not at all and try as she might she was having an awfully hard time getting any of the items she was trying to cook to go right. The house elves had all left over an hour ago when she'd tried to persuade them she was perfectly capable of this on her own, only for them to watch her in absolute horror as she completely ruined one recipe after another. It wasn't like she was doing any of this on purpose, and ordinarily she could at least follow instructions, but, for the moment, she was having a genuinely hard time concentrating on a lot of things. Typically, she was able to at least make toast, but she hadn't been in her right mind lately, hadn't really been eating after her declaration to her brother and so had missed lunch and dinner. She needed a little something just to tide her over until breakfast.
"Why can't you just cook like you're supposed to, Mum and Dad do this all the time, it can't be this hard!" She'd even seen Rowan making a pie once, if Rowan could make a pie, surely, Elsie could make a roll.

After Agnes had surprised herself and looked out for Tyler after his argument with Lauren, the Slytherin wasn’t quite sure where they stood anymore. She wasn’t sure they were exactly friends but it wasn’t like they were enemies. Was it? The third year didn’t know what she would do if she saw that horrible Hufflepuff student again but it wouldn’t end well, and after keeping herself out the way and spending a good deal of her day in the hospital wing, she’d managed to completely miss her dinner. Figuring she should grab some snacks before she headed back to her dorm, Agnes took a detour in the hopes someone had left some food out.

Usually, Agnes would have expected to have seen some elves working away, but instead she found an older girl frantically trying to cook something. Or clean something? Or maybe she was just trying to scrap some chipped and burnt pastry off a case? She wasn’t quite sure but whatever it was it didn’t look like it was going well for her. Agnes stood in the doorway, trying to recall whether she looked old enough to be one of their new prefects, but after remembering that they’d chosen a sixth year this time round, this girl didn’t look as though she could pass for a seventeen year old so she was probably safe. “Why don’t you just ask an elf to do it?” She asked once she’d relaxed, stepping forward to begin the hunt of her own.

Elsie looked up as she heard a voice and shook her head. It was ridiculous that she couldn't cook. She was fourteen gosh dang it! "I sent them all away!" She said, sighing in frustration as she gritted her teeth at the effort of trying to make this work. "My mother does all of this with the wave of her hand, it can't be that hard." She was mostly talking to herself, but the words were open for comment. She flipped the pan over and shook it with a sigh again. It wasn't quite going the way she had hoped and she couldn't believe she was now looking at the mess she'd made of the bread. She was pretty sure she had some idea of why she wasn't quite getting this but it didn't make it any easier as she was continuing to ruin it. She was only getting more annoyed really. Stupid Zennon and his stupid confessions. Why did he have to be so stupid and tell her those things now? He'd waited this long apparently, he could have waited a bit longer, maybe whilst they were at home? Or better yet, he could have not told her anything at all! "Get. Out. Of. This. Pan!"
-Apologies for this.-​

Agnes was rummaging around in the cupboards, pulling out a box of rice crispies and pouring them into some sort of circular receptacle that she could find, before turning her attention to the milk. There had to be a fridge in here somewhere right? She glanced up at the girl as she mentioned she’d sent the elves away, what was the point of that? Agnes parents used to organise the food for their family if their cook wasn’t doing it, but that didn’t mean the Slytherin was completely oblivious to some of the skills required to actually make food. Her eyes were still fixed on the girl as she was pouring milk into her male shift bowl, frowning as it looked like she was struggling to get something off a pan. “There’s easier things to make you know,” she mentioned, “Why dont you try something else?” She added, before shoving a spoonful of cereal into her face.

She was right, annoyingly, but Elsie wasn't someone who just gave up because something was hard. So she sighed instead, watching the younger girl do her thing with little effort almost. "Well, these brownie rolls... or that's what they were supposed to be, they're supposed to be easy..." She said, dropping the tray with a clang on the counter and crossing her arms. "But it's being much too difficult for me to make any sense of it. My sister could do this with ease, I don't know why it needs to be so difficult, it makes literally hero sense, I did everything it told me to." She added with a huff, glaring pointedly at the burnt mess. "I thought I put it on for the right length of time and everything!" She couldn't have done all of it correctly though, since it was now a burnt mess. "I clearly have no cooking skills at all." She sighed, looking over at the girl who was currently stuffing her face with cereal. "I'm Elsie, by the way, incase you wanted to know for whatever reason." She said, nodding to her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back