Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Freya
Wand
Curved 14 Inch Rigid Cypress Wand with Acromantula Web Core
So far Asaiah Murphy had done a pretty good job at avoiding his friends for the first few days back at the castle as a second years student. Sure the Slytherin had decided that he would tell them what had happened, but that didn't necessarily meant that he was going to do it right away. He hadn't even thought about them as he was busy reading his secondhand school books in advance so he wouldn't only get bad grades in his second year, and the best place to do that was by sitting in the Student Lounge at either early hours or right before bedtime. And today was no different. It was about 9.30 pm when he arrived at the Student Lounge with his Transfiguration book under his right arm. As the Slytherin walked into the room, he noticed that it was pretty much empty apart from a couple of older students sitting at a table in the far corner together. Asaiah smiled when he saw no one he knew and walked straight towards his favorite spot near the fireplace and sat down on one of the armchairs closest to the fireplace and while getting comfortable opened the book at the page where he left off yesterday and began reading.

Freya Odegard was more than excited to be back at Hogwarts after what had been a very, very long holiday. Well it hadn't been any longer than the summer holidays before this one, but it felt like it had lasted at least four times as long. Having spend a year at Hogwarts had made her realize that this was a place where she could truly be herself without her mother interfering with her life and keeping her close to the house all the time, a place where she could do what she felt like doing without having to take care of her younger siblings all the time. She had learned a lot more about herself in that one year than she ever had at home, simply because at home she didn't get a chance. Perhaps if she had been able to get away from the house once in a while she wouldn't have minded spending her vacation at home without having any friends around. She had begged her mother to take her somewhere fun, like the beach, but she had refused every offer Freya had made.

The now second year Hufflepuff had been making her way through the castle, towards the student lounge. She had been trying to stay in touch with her friends whilst back at home, but hadn't been succesful in that with all of them. They had now been back at Hogwarts for a couple of days and Freya had still only seen a few of her friends, which was because they shared a dorm. As soon as she set foot into the student lounge her eyes fell on one familiar face being buried into a book. "Asaiah!" She exclaimed and quickly made her way over to him.​
<i>
</i>

Even though Asaiah hated the subject Transfiguration because of Professor Summers, he still wanted to get a good enough grade for it at the end of the year so that his parents wouldn't have to punish him yet again. As he continued to read about how to change a beetle into a button Asaiah kept wondering if he would have liked Professor Summers if he and Marisol had not been caught during their walk in the Forbidden Forest. Come to think about it, he probably would've, but who could blame him for hating the Professor? It's not like eleven year olds liked being scared half to death by a Professor who had the ability to turn himself into a freaking dog whilst walking in a forest that literally gave him chills the moment he and his best friend decided to be brave instead of smart and make their way into it. Asaiah shook his head slightly while thinking back about that night and then tried focussing on the transfiguration book again.

The Slytherin was about to turn the last page of chapter 12 when he heard his name being called out. He immediately looked up from his book and saw that one of his very first friends, Freya, a Hufflepuffer, was approaching him. Asaiah looked at the girl with a bright smile on his face. ''Freya!'' he said whilst looking excitedly, happy to see her again after a long and boring holiday.

</SIZE>
After making her way over to Asaiah Freya happily popped down on the armchair next to his with her legs crossed and her back against one of the arm rests, so she could look at her friend whilst talking to him. She had been writing all of her friends multiple letters throughout the holidays, talking about how she had tried to make her mother take her places and even though some of them responded more than others, but they did respond, except for one. Now Freya wasn't one to nag people about certain things and she would always try to keep people feeling comfortable, even when she was more curious than ever about the what and the why. "Hi." She smiled after she had finally gotten herself to sit comfortable in the armchair which was, in her opinion, rather huge for something that was being called a "chair".

"Okay so I'm not going to nag you about why you didn't write me back and you don't have to tell me if you don't want to, but what you do need to do is tell me all about your vacation asides from that because mine was super, super boring and I tried to get my mom to take me places but she wouldn't and I hope yours was a bit more fun and I want to hear every story you have." As soon a she stopped talking, simply because she was out of air, the second year Hufflepuff realized she was now truly rambling and couldn't help but let out a small chuckle. It was only when she got really happy or excited about something that Freya started rambling and in this case she was just thrilled to be back at Hogwarts and to see her friends again.
<SIZE size="50">

we negeren even dat dit erg slecht is oke

A bright smile appeared on the boy's face when Freya realized she had been rambling, he was glad he was able to talk to her again instead of waiting around in his bedroom, crossing the days from a calender his brother gave him. ''Well,'' the Slytherin began, ''First of all, thank you for not asking any questions. And second, mine has been the most boring one ever.'' Asaiah stated. ''I'm pretty sure you had more fun than I did. So since my grades weren't, you know, very good last year, my parents decided that grounding me for the whole break would be a fitting punishment, thus taking away my wand, own broomstick, my owl Axel and my rights to write to any of my friends, even though they let me read almost every letter that I received from them, which included yours by the way.'' Although Asaiah agreed that it was entirely his own fault, anger and hate could be heard in his voice. He didn't get why they let him read the letters his friends had send him during the holidays.

The smile on Freya's face fainted when Asaiah started telling her about how his vacation had been and the second year Hufflepuff looked at her friend in disbelief. Although she didn't know Asaiah's parents she wouldn't have thought they would be as strict as they sounded to be in his story. "That's harsh." She stated as she started wondering about what her own mother would have done if she were to come home with bad grades. Grounding her wouldn't be much of a punishment, because she almost always kept Freya at home. "It's almost as if they tried to up their punishment by letting you read the letters you received, yet not allow you to write back. I mean I would feel pretty terrible if that were to happen to me." As soon as she had spoken the words she felt a bit guilty, being sure of the fact that Asaiah must have felt pretty bad himself, being locked up whilst having everything taken from him and not even being allowed to write his friends. "Sorry." Freya looked at her friend with an apologizing smile. "You must have felt pretty bad. And to think I was going to talk about how bad and boring my vacation has been."
<i>
</i>

The Slytherin shrugged as Freya mentioned his punishment being harsh. ''Normally I would have yelled at them but I really can't this time, you know, since it's kind of my own fault that I got grounded and stuff. Apparently my parents don't like the fact that I didn't kept my promise to them.'' he told his friend. Though luckily for him, whenever his parents weren't around to keep an eye on him, his sisters sort of un-grounded their youngest brother by playing Quidditch with him in the woods behind their backyard untill their one of their parents came back from work. ''At first I did feel bad but eventually I actually liked the fact of not being bothered by everything that was going on downstairs, you know. Hannah and Jennifer were constantly at each others throats, mom and dad even got into a fight because mom wanted to unground me for one day so that I could go with my brother to an interview with one of the Macaws. I guess the only thing that really sucked was not being able to write any of you back, especially since they let me read the letters.'' Asaiah noticed he was talking a bit too much and too rapidly so before going on he took a moment to take a breath. ''Please, tell me all about yours!''

Freya nodded as her friend mentioned how it had been rightful for his parents to punish him and how it had been his own fault for not keeping his promise to them. She could understand that he felt responsible for his own punishment. Her own mother would always make her promise things to her and she never even dared breaking those promises, grounding was never an option as punishment for her and Freya never wanted to find out what she would think of as punishment. Perhaps that was one of the reasons why she never dared to break the rules. However now she was at Hogwarts she was starting to understand that her mother couldn't control her forever and she was trying to be a bit more adventurous. "When you put it like that it doesn't sound all too bad." Freya smiled at Asaiah once he had finished talking. "Mine wasn't really anything special. I asked my mother if she would take me places, even if it was just the beach or something I just wanted to get out of that house for a while, but she wouldn't. She herself was out all the time however, which led to me having to watch my younger siblings almost every day. Which got really annoying most of the times, but they could also be fun from time to time. The best thing perhaps was how excited our dog was to seeing me again." The second year Hufflepuff chuckled. She had gotten the dog for her sixth birthday and she had absolutely adored having it at home ever since.​
<i>
</i>

A small smile appeared on his face when she told him about how excited her dog was to see her again but sighed after because her holidays had been as uneventful as his had. It was not what he hoped to hear but he knew that Freya and her family were new in New Zealand so he sort of understood if her parents wouldn't immediately go out and have fun with their kids. As Freya was talking Asaiah figured that since they both had a pretty boring winter break she would be up for a little fun now that they are back at Hogwarts and there was no adult stopping them, well except maybe for the Professors but they didn't count since they weren't their parents, he wouldn't listen to the Professors anyway. Asaiah started looking around the Student Lounge trying to find anything that could help them. ''How about making paper planes and see which one goes further?'' The Slytherin asked the Hufflepuff as his eyes fell upon a stack of parchments on a table nearby. Asaiah hoped Freya would be game for this because he could really use a bit of fun after the worst winter break ever.

Talking about her holiday and her family had made Freya realize that she was yet to send her mother a letter, it was something she had made her promise to do to keep her mother up to date on how things were going at Hogwarts. Last year she had done exactly so, but now she was just happy to be back and not feeling to have to write to her mother as much as she did last year. She didn't want her mother to ruin her fun and she wasn't going to let her. When Asaiah proposed to make paper planes and see which one would go further the second year Hufflepuff grinned. "Deal." She said as she hopped of the armchair to retrieve a few pieces of parchment from the table. Heading back to her armchair she threw a few of them on her friends lap, before she sat down crossed-legged on the chair again in the exact same way as she had done before. She knew how to make paper planes, she had always been quite okay at it, but never truly good. Not like she was going to tell Asaiah that though, she was just hoping he would be even worse. "I'm so going to beat you." Freya chuckled as she was fully focussed on turning the piece of parchment into a plane. Ofcourse she was bluffing, but he didn't know that. Yet.​
<i>
</i>

Asaiah smiled at his Hufflepuff friend as she threw parchments onto his lap. ''Thanks.'' he said before beginning folding one into perhaps the worst paper plane he had ever made in his entire life. He used to make paper planes with his father whenever he was in a playful mood and his siblings weren't around but as he grew older his family thought that it was childish of him to still make them. Every now and then the Slytherin's eyes moved to Freya whilst she was making a plane too, hoping she would be as bad as he was at making them. At the end Asaiah tried refolding the piece of parchment so it would, hopefully fly better when they were going to test them, but the end result was even worst so after the Slytherin clutched the parchement in his hands, making a ball out of it, he threw it to Freya just to mess around a bit before folding another parchment into a paper plane. ''Hahaha, booh-yahhh, headshot!'' He laughed when the paper ball he threw towards his friend hit her at the head, at least he was good at throwing them rather than making them fly properly.

The second year Hufflepuff had been fully focussed on folding her piece of parchment ino a paper plane when she suddenly felt something hit her head. Looking up at Asaiah who was now laughing at her Freya squinted her eyes and took up crumpled piece of parchment he had thrown at her. "You know if you're strying to sabotage me, I don't think a paper ball is going to do the trick." She chuckled, putting the paper ball down on the armrests of the chair, next to her stack of parchment. She would get him back, but it had to be when he wasn't expecting it so she couldn't just throw it at him right away. If she did there still was a big chance that it wouldn't even hit him, as she had always been bad at throwing stuff. Freya now turned her attention back on finishing the paper plane, which was almost done. Looking at her finished product the Hufflepuff had to admit that it wasn't even the worst plane she had ever folded, perhaps even one of the best. Her best however would still be bad for anyone who was good a folding planes. After placing the plane down on her lap and took up the paper ball, looking up at Asaiah and aiming her throw the best she could. "Well that didn't work." Freya chuckled when her sloppy throw had hit Asaiah in the chest instead of on his head. Too bad.​
<i>
</i>

The Slytherin grinned as Freya looked up at him after he successfully threw the ball of paper against her head. ''Too bad.'' the boy said. ''I hoped it kinda would.'' But hitting the girl's head was good enough for him. When the Hufflepuff girl continued working on her paper plane Asaiah took another piece of parchment from the stack she gave him, and slowly started folding the paper into what looked like a decent paper plane to him. He really hoped that his trick had done what he hoped would happen because as he was looking at her paper plane he realized that his didn't even looked like it would fly properly. Just like the Slytherin did with his first plane he began folding it again in the hope that it at least looked like he had done a pretty good job of folding the piece of paper. Asaiah looked up at Freya when she threw the paper ball against his chest and tried his best not to burst into laughter. ''D-Did you r-really just miss m-my head?'' The Slytherin asked his friend whilst trying to talk because of his uncontrollable laughter. He also laughed at the comment she had made after she missed his head. He picked up the crumbled paper and threw it back to her without really aiming it.

Freya shook her head when Asaiah admitted how he hoped throwing the paper ball would've made her mess up her paper plane. Luckily it hadn't and the second year Hufflepuff had her plane sitting right next to her on the armrest of the chair, waiting for her friend to finish his. "I hope your plane won't fly as slow as you fold." She chuckled whilst taking up another piece of parchment, figuring that she might as well fold another plane or something whilst waiting for Asaiah to finish folding his plane. After she had thrown the paper ball back at Asaiah and hit his chest Freya tried her best not to laugh at her own failure. "No?" She answered her friends question, trying to look as serious as she possibly could at this moment. "I obviously aimed for your chest." She now chuckled, not even being able to keep a serious face whilst denying that she had indeed missed his head. Once Asaiah threw the paper ball at her Freya catched it, throwing it right into the fire. Luckily for her she wasn't as bad at catching as she was a throwing and the fire was almost too close to miss. "You done yet?"​
<i>
</i>

Whilst Asaiah was still laughing at how bad Freya had aimed the paper ball he continued folding the piece of parchment into a paper plane, which looked surprisingly well done so far, and looked up at his Hufflepuff friend with the brightest smile ever. ''It needs to be perfect, well, not that it needs to be perfect because I'm pretty sure that my plane will beat yours easily anyway.'' he told Freya while looking at the paper plane that lay on the armrest of her chair. The laughter continued when Freya tried to deny that she was aiming for his head. It was a good thing that she also could laugh about it because Asaiah wasn't planning on letting her forget her bad aiming anytime soon. The Slytherin chuckled slightly when his friend threw the paper ball right into the fire and said, ''Guess you're not a lost cause after all.'' as he watched the piece of crumbled paper burn into ashes. While Asaiah had been talking to her he kept folding his plane untill he finally looked up again, smiling at the end result. ''I hope that you are ready to accept my plane is better than yours is?'' Asaiah asked Freya, his competitive side showing.

</FONT></COLOR></SIZE>
The fact that Asaiah told her his plane didn't need to be as perfect as he wanted it to be because it would beat hers anyways made Freya snort for a second before she started chuckling again. She was now sure of the fact that Asaiah was just bluffing his way through, just like she had done. "I wouldn't be so sure of that." Freya smiled, looking at his hands which were still folding the piece of parchment into a plane. Or well, trying to do exactly that. "And you shouldn't underestimate me." She quickly added. She was glad that after not having done anything interesting during the break she was now able to have some fun again with her friends. She felt like she had loosened up more as she had come to the realisation that she should have some more fun and be a bit less serious. "See, never underestimate me." Freya smirked after she had succesfully thrown the paper ball into the fire. It had been a lucky throw though, had the fire been a bit further away the ball would've probably landed right in front of it rather than in it. "I'm not, no." She answered Asaiah's question whilst taking her own plane into her hands. "But I do hope that you are prepared to lose." She said before nodding at her friend. "Ready?"​
<SIZE size="50"><COLOR color="#000"><FONT font="Verdana">

Asaiah laughed as she reassured him that he shouldn't be so sure that his paper plane would ber hers easily. Truth be told, the Slytherin wasn't so sure about it at all as he remembered how bad his paper planes were when he would do this with his father or brother. But tried to act as if it was the best plane he'd ever made in the hope that she would actually back off and give him an automatic win. Why? Because Asaiah didn't like losing to girls - especially if girls would rub his loss in his face afterwards, like his sisters used to do. ''Pff, girl, don't make me laugh.'' he said to pester her a bit. ''If I would throw my plane out of the window it would reach Tokyo. That's how well I folded it.'' Asaiah was obviously exaggerating but he thought it was funny and hoped Freya would think so, too. He smiled as she told him not to underestimate her when the paper ball was succesfully thrown into the fireplace and said, ''Have you considered playing Chaser?'' The twelve year old asked his friend, hoping that she had because he loved to play a match of Quidditch now that he was allowed to bring his own broomstick and try out for the Slytherin team. ''Ready.'' Asaiah said with a nod, now waiting for her to give them the signal to throw their paper planes.

Freya looked at the paper plane she had folded whilst she was turning it around in her hands as if she was inspecting it for any imperfections. She had to admit that it hadn't been the worst plane she had ever folded, although she couldn't exactly remember the last time she folded a plane. "You just wait and see." The second year Hufflepuff assured Asaiah with a nod of her head, before bursting into laughter when her friend obviously exaggerated how well he had folded his plane. "Sure. I do hope you're better at folding a plane than at bluffing about how good it turned out to be, if not than it's going to be an easy win for me." Freya laughed. She had now grown very curious of which plane would reach further because both of them weren't that good. When Asaiah mentioned Quidditch the blonde chuckled and shook her head. "Not even for a second." She laughed, Freya had never been good at flying, let alone the fact that to play Quidditch she would have to focus on flying and playing the game at the same time. That was definetely a no-go. "I'm probably the worst flyer ever, if I'd have to do something else at the same time I'm one hundred percent sure I'd be lying on the ground within seconds." It wasn't that she didn't enjoy the sport, no Freya loved Quidditch, she just wasn't in for trying it. Taking up her plane the second year looked at her friend once again. "On three?" She stated more than asking really, holding her plane up in the air, ready to throw it once Asaiah was ready.
<i></i>

Asaiah shook his head when Freya told him to wait and see. There was no chance that her plane would go further than his would, he had done this a lot with his siblings so knew how to fold a proper-flying plane. The twelve year old tried to remain serious as Freya started to laugh at his comment. ''Nah, you just wait and see.'' He said to the girl with a small smile on his face. ''Mine will go further than yours will, wanna bet on it?'' Asaiah asked the Hufflepuff next to him, hoping she would accept his bet because it would only make it more competitive than it already was. The Slytherin listened at Freya explaining why she hadn't considered trying out for Chaser. He shrugged at her answer and said, ''I can help you with that if you want to. I'm pretty good at flying you know.'' determined to help her if she would let him. After all, he wasn't good at flying when he first started as well. Quidditch was great and the more friends that would play the game the better - for him at least. Asaiah nodded his head. ''Hope you're ready to get beaten.'' He said with a grin on his face before standing up and facing the opposite side of the Student Lunge and counting to three. ''All right, planes ready. One.. Two.. Three!'' And as soon as he give them the signal to go, Asaiah pushed his paper plane forwards, hoping it would go further than hers would.

Freya couldn't help but slightly smirk the moment Asaiah proposed a bet. When it came to competitiveness the second year Hufflepuff was one who loved to win, but she wasn't one who wanted to win if the price she had to pay for it was big. She wasn't a bad loss either. Well, most of the times. If she was having a bad day she could just stop talking for the entire day to the person she lost to. "Deal." She smiled. "What do you wanna bet for?" Freya looked at her friend, questioning if he had already thought of something whilst trying to think of something to bet for herself. She couldn't quite come up with anything though. Coming across the subject of Quidditch the thirteen year old smiled, yet slightly shook her head. "I'm pretty sure I'm a lost case." She chuckled after Asaiah offered to help her. "But I might take you up on that sometime if I magically feel like I could get better." Following her friend in standing up and facing the room. Lifting her paper plane up into the air Freya smiled when Asaiah once again assured her that he was going to win. "Never." She smiled in reply, before throwing her plane away the best she could at the second her friend gave the signal, curious about how bad they both would actually be.​
<i>
</i>

Asaiah smiled when he noticed the girl smirking. ''Right, since you're never going to try out: If my plane goes further than yours does, you will try out for the Hufflepuff team next year. To help you, I'll even train with you.'' The Slytherin boy knew that she would never take on that bet. Besides, if Freya really didn't want to do that, he would think of something else she would do. ''Hey! Don't say that. Some pro-quidditch players weren't that good when they first started.'' Asaiah told the Hufflepuff girl to gave her confidence about flying and playing Quidditch. It was the absolute best sport he knew and the more friends he had who'd play with him, the better. ''Deal!'' He added quickly. Honestly, Asaiah couldn't wait for the day that Freya would ask him for help. He grinned when she commented. ''Too bad.'' Asaiah told her. Now both their planes were in the air and Asaiah made little jumps, hoping his plane end up much further away from them. He was a sore loser, he knew that, so losing from a girl wasn't going to happen today. The Slytherin watched as both their planes landed at the same spot next to each other on a table. For a moment he stared at the two paper planes. Really? Couldn't his plane move a few inches forward somehow? No, apparently not. His head turned toward Freya. ''Guess we're tied..'' the boy said with a tone of disappointment in his voice.

Freya sighed once Asaiah came up with his side of the bet. Ofcourse he was going to come up with something like that, she should've seen it coming. She still needed to come up with her end of the bet, however her mind seemed to be blank. "Fine." The thirteen year old stated. "If you're plane goes further I'll try out next year, but if mine goes further you'll have to stop talking about me paying Quidditch unless I start about it myself." She knew if was probably the worst bet ever, but she just had no idea what else to come up with. She'd probably come up with some great ideas afterwards when it's already too late, as always. "Yeah and some people who aren't good never get any better." She stated as she smiled at Asaiah's comment about pro's not being that good when they first started. Freya's eyes never stopped following the two little paper planes as they made their way through the common room and landed way too soon in her opinion. She had really thought that they would at least get past the table, but instead both planes had landed right on top of it. Freya couldn't help but to start laughing at the disappointment in her friends voice as he stated that they were tied. "I guess we both suck!" She exclaimed as she continued laughing and put one hand up in front of her mouth, trying not to snort.​
<i>
</i>

Asaiah shook his head slightly with a smile when she proposed her part ot the bet. He knew it was going to be something like that because he had been a bit pushy about her joining Quidditch, so without back talk he instead nodded his head, indicating that he was fine with that, and said, ''Too bad you're not going to win, though.'' as a joke. He was fine with him having to keep his mouth shut but couldn't promise that he wouldn't try to confince her to play in the future. He wanted to say something back but remembering the deal they just made, Asaiah thought it'd be better if he already started with it. Besides, back talking probably wasn't going to confince Freya to try out anyway. He was still looking at his Hufflepuff friend when she told him they both sucked at paper planes, though he couldn't believe that both their planes hadn't gotten very far, Asaiah had to admit that seeing her having trouble containing her laugh made him feel slightly better about being tied. Still trying to look a tad bit disappointed, Asaiah eventually failed and started laughing outloud. If they both sucked he'd be absolutely OK with that. ''Guess we both have to honour our deal?'' the boy told Freya with a smirk. ''Unless you want a do-over?'' He asked.

Seeing both of their paper planes do a terrible job at flying Freya couldn't help but laugh. How could she not? After all the bluffing from both sides, Asaiah's nomination for the worlds most slowest plane folder and them betting on it seeing both planes land right next to each other as if they had planned it all along the thirteen year old just couldn't keep a straight face. Freya frounded whilst looking at her friend after he proposed they both had to honour their unless she'd want a rematch. "If a do-over means I'll have to wait for to you to fold a plane again then no thank you, sir." She chuckled. If they were to make the same planes fly she was about 98% sure that they wouldn't even reach the table again. Both honouring their deal however sounded a bit tricky. How was Asaiah going to stop pushing her into playing Quidditch if she had to try out for the team the next year? "How would both honouring our end of the deal even work?" Freya curiously looked at her friend, wondering if he hadn't thought about that or if he had and knew that it would mostly mean honouring his end of the deal, which would lead to Freya having to practice flying and playing Quidditch.​
<i>
</i>

Asaiah stopped laughing after a while and looked at his friend with a bright smile on his face. Although neither of them had won with their paper plane, he was having fun so far, and he only hoped that the Hufflepuff girl next to him had just as much fun as he was having at the moment. ''You're just afraid that I might actually win the next time.'' Asaiah told her with a smirk. Even though he wasn't completely sure if that was true, Asaiah had a knack of pushing people until they would eventually do something and he knew it. It was one of his bad habits and one he wanted gone. So if Freya would refuse he'd just keep pushing until she would say yes. When Freya asked him how they both would honour that deal Asaiah shut down, he hadn't thought about that, yet. ''Eh..'' the Slytherin boy mumbled as he tried to come up with a good solution that would made the twho of them honour the deal they made. ''How about I don't push you as long as you try-out for the team next year? That being said, I'm only allowed to help you if you ask me to do so.'' If was a fair deal for sure, and that way the two kind of got what they both wanted, right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back