Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
It's Complicated
Sexual Orientation
Who Cares?
Wand
Pear Wood, Unicorn hair core, 14 inches
Sapphire was a tad confused. She sat alone at the end of the Slytherin table, munching away on her breakfast. Onyx sat with Jacob, lost somewhere at the Gryffindor table. She glanced up from under her lashes, grateful that her hair was long enough again to hide her face. She may or may not be looking over at the Gryffindor table again. And it may or may not have something to do with the curly haired fourth year. She looked back down at her food, shuffling it more than eating it. She wished she had someone to talk to about it. But Kira was too preoccupied with her studies and she didn't want to bother her. And Diana... well, that didn't seem like the best idea in the world right now. She sighed, pushing her eggs around her plate.

As Emilia made her way into the great hall, for breakfast, she was thinking about what her day would be like. She had enjoyed most of her classes so far, but knew that after the first week things would start to get more difficult. She still felt herself a little worried about having chosen the right electives, but she knew she had to let that go and not let it eat at her any longer. She slowed down slightly as she passed by the Slytherin table, hoping to see Derek and maybe get a chance to talk to him. It was embarrassing, how much she thought about him in her spare time, often not even consciously. Instead of Derek, Emilia recognized another person sitting hear the end of the table. She hesitated, then stopped walking. "Hi Sapphire." She said. The girl was staring off into space, so Emilia thought maybe she was still a little tired. She wondered if she should have started to talk to her, but it was too late to take her words back now. "I'm sorry you didn't get to play, I was watching the match with Jacob and Kira and I think a boy who is your brother." She added softly. Even if she was an alternate, Emilia thought Sapphire was very brave for wanting to play Quidditch and trying out for a team.

Sapphire looked up, surprised but pleased to see Emilia. "Oh, hey Em." She grinned at the Hufflepuff. She laughed at the girls first words. "Thanks, I'm sorry too. I just hope we get to play again." She told her, patting the spot next to her in an invitation for the girl to sit down. "If he was obnoxious and hanging on Jacob, then yeah, that would be my twin brother Onyx." She told her with a grin, trying not to glance at the Gryffindor table now that she had company. "How are you?" She asked the girl instead, genuinely interested in how Emilia was doing. "I saw you perform at the talent show, by the way. You were awesome."

Emilia was surprised to be called 'Em', but she rather liked it. She gave Sapphire a bigger smile, glad the girl didn't seem to mind her interruption. She was also surprised that the other blonde wanted her to sit with her. Emilia had eaten at the Gryffindor table with her cousins a few times, but never at Slytherin. After a moment of consideration, she sat down. "He did seem to be friends with Jacob." She said with a small nod. "I'm alright, getting used to being at Hogwarts again." She said with a small smile. The girl had been homesick every time she went back to school, but it seemed to be getting a little better each year. "How are you?" She blushed when the girl complimented her about the talent show, looking down. "You were good as well, I watched you and your brother."

Sapphire smiled as Em sat down with her. She took a bite of her food as the other girl confirmed it was Onyx. "Yeah, friends." She snorted with a sly smile. It wasn't her place to out her brother or her friend. She nodded as Em said she was getting used to Hogwarts again. Coming back was always a welcome relief to Sapphire. She didn't have anything outside the castle she really cared for. When Em asked how she was Sapph couldn't help but glance at Mervyn over at the Gryffindor table.

She looked back to her food quickly, her cheeks burning. Stupid reaction to that stupid guy. This was ridiculous. "Good, I'm good," She mumbled quickly, taking a bite of her food to try to cover her slip up. "Thanks," She murmured. "It was literally a last second change. He signed us up without asking and a friend told me to make it my own." She shrugged. "I liked your song. Do you play a lot?" She asked in an attempt to change the conversation.

Emilia wasn't sure what Sapphire meant with her comment about Jacob and Onyx being friends, but decided not to ask. She said it a little weird, but maybe she didn't mean anything with it. Emilia noticed Sapphire's glance at the Gryffindor table, and followed her gaze for a moment before turning back to look at her shyly. She wasn't sure what to make of it, but Sapphire's cheeks were red. "Oh, that's good." Emilia said with a smile as the girl said she was doing well. She took a bit of food herself, her eyes widening as the girl told her more about her performance at the talent show last year. "Your brother signed you up without asking?" She asked, horror clear in her voice. If anyone had done that to her, she was sure she would have cried. It was bad enough to be talked into it, but hearing that you had to perform without giving permission would be especially horrible, especially with the last minute change to the song apparently. "It's brave of you to do it anyway... I needed a lot of preparation." She said softly, shrugging slightly. "I... I do play a lot. I used to play more, at home, and still do in the holidays. Here I only sometimes, when the art room is empty."

Sapphire laughed at Em's response. "Yeah, but we play together a bunch anyway so it wasn't like we weren't prepared. Aside from his uncanny obsession with love songs it wasn't too big a deal." She rolled her eyes. Onyx had ridiculous taste when it came to what they played.

Sapph smiled as Em told her about her music. "That's cool," She told her. "You were really good. You played with your cousin, right?" She took a bite of her food. "Would you join the talent show again if they hold one this year?" She inquired. "Onyx will probably sign us up for anything he thinks would be fun."

Emilia shrugged slightly. "I play a lot... but that doesn't mean I'm ready to play in front of so many people without warning." She said honestly. "I wouldn't have done it." She decided not to say she also liked playing and singing love songs, as it seemed like Sapphire didn't appreciate those. Lately, she would think of Derek whenever she heard one, as embarrassing as that was. Emilia nodded when Sapphire asked if she had played with her cousin. "Yes, Athena." She said softly. "My other cousin Evelyn runs Heta Omega." She decided to add. The next question gave her pause, and she shrugged. "I don't know... I can't do anything different than what I already showed." She said in a small voice. "And it was really scary, I'm not sure if I want to do that again."

Sapphire nodded. "I can understand. I might not care that he forced me, but I can see how it could be uncomfortable," She took a sip of her drink. She listened as Emilia talked about her cousins. She supposed it was normal to know so much about your family. All she knew was that her cousins were gemstones. She made a mental note to learn more about them later.

She turned to Em as the girl seemed to waver. "Em." She stated. "You're talented and gorgeous. If you don't want to I'll kick anyone's rear that tries to make you. But don't think that you can't go back up there and be just as gorgeous and amazing as you were last time. Who knows, maybe you'll impress some boy or something." She shrugged, the last thought surprising her. Impressing guys? Since when did that matter?

She glanced back at Mervyn, sidetracked again. Did she do things to impress him? She couldn't think of anything. Should she? Was that a thing? She furrowed her brow before looking back at her food. Why did everything always circle back to him? She was starting to get a bit frustrated with it. She had other things to do. Stupid Gryffindor.

Emilia didn't feel entirely at ease at the Slytherin table, as she was a little worried someone would be annoyed with her sitting there and tell her so. But she also thought Sapphire would probably defend her if that happened, which made her feel a little more sure. Still, she hoped that wouldn't actually happen. She found it hard to believe Sapphire didn't care about being forced into a talent show, and wondered what it would be like to have that much confidence. She envied it a little, knowing she could never be like that. "I'm glad you didn't mind." Was all she said.

Then Sapphire told her she was talented and gorgeous and could do it again if she wanted. Her words were nice, but Emilia wasn't sure what to do. Her cheeks turned red and she averted Sapphire's gaze. "Thank you." She said shyly, looking down at her food. It had been so nice of her to say, but it was hard for Emilia to believe the words. At the mention of impressing boys, she chanced another glance at the table. "Maybe, but I don't know..." She said with an uncertain glance at Sapphire. She wasn't looking at her, though, but instead at the Gryffindor table. Emilia glanced over her shoulder at them, but quickly returned her attention to Sapphire. Did she like a boy in Gryffindor, perhaps? Emilia tried to think about the ones in their year, but could only think of Jacob aside from Onyx who was Sapphire's brother. Did Sapphire like Jacob? They were friends. "Did you try to impress a boy?" She asked nervously, her eyes wide. She hoped the question wasn't too forward, but since Sapphire brought it up maybe it was okay. Emilia wasn't sure if that sort of thing would work for her. As far as she knew, Derek hadn't even seen her perform at the talent show. He had never mentioned it. And he was the only boy Emilia cared about impressing.

Sapphire took another swig of her drink, hoping to return some semblance of normal to her morning. Then Em asked if she tried to impress a boy. She spluttered on her drink. She set it back down as she coughed. "What?" She squeaked after a moment. "Me? Boy? I-" She coughed again before clearing her throat. "I-I..." She laughed nervously. "Why would you think that?" She tried to smile innocently before groaning and laying her head on the table.

"I dunno," She griped honestly. "I doubt he was paying attention. I mean, I didn't... I haven't done anything to impress him but I doubt he'd care if I did," She sat up, running a hand through her hair. "This is all stupid and ridiculous." She muttered, half to herself. "Anyway, ah, who were you trying to impress?" She nudged Emilia with a small smile. "Maybe I can help get him to notice you."

Sapphire's reaction made Emilia blush, she hadn't meant to embarrass the girl. "Sorry! It's just... because you asked I thought... maybe...." She said, fidgeting with her hair anxiously. "I don't know. I didn't actually think anything." She added quickly, hoping Sapphire wasn't mad at her now. But she didn't seem to be, which made Emilia relax just a little. She also started talking about a boy, so Emilia assumed she did like someone. She was tempted to ask, but after the reaction she had gotten earlier she decided not to. She bit her lip, trying to think of a change of topic. But before she could, Sapphire asked her who she had been trying to impress. Already blushing, Emilia turned even more red. "Me?" She squeaked, horrified. Had she revealed she had been trying to impress someone? Maybe her wording had implied something, but that really hadn't been intentional. She wasn't sure what to say. Should she lie? Emilia shrugged, looking down and allowing her hair to hide her face. "It's... embarrassing." She said. "To talk about this."

Sapphire let out a small chuckle. "A little bit, yeah," She admitted softly. After a moments thought, she scooted closer to the girl. "Mervyn Strangeways," She whispered in Em's ear. Sapph sat back a bit, smiling shyly. "He's- ah, that is..." She looked around to see if anyone was nearby. "We're dating." She finally murmured softly. "And I am... all kinds of confused. Maybe, if you wanted, I wouldn't mind talking about guys." She smiled at Em. It sounded weird to her still, but she meant what she said. She liked Em.

Emilia looked back up as Sapphire scooted closer and whispered a name to her. Then said she was dating that boy. Her eyes widened, and she tucked her hair behind her ears so she could look at Sapphire without it in the way. "What?" She whispered, amazed. She hadn't known anyone who was actually dating, and the idea that Sapphire was was.... well, not that strange. She was confident and beautiful and seemed like exactly the sort of girl that would have a boyfriend. But still, she was also Emilia's age. Apparently Emilia had been mistaken about who Sapphire liked, which made her glad that she hadn't actually mentioned Jacob. "Why are you confused?" She asked softly, frowning a little. "What's it like?" She added in an awed undertone. Then she hesitated for a long moment before averting her gaze. "I do... like someone. I just haven't ever said it out loud." She said, her voice nearly a whisper.

Sapph grinned sheepishly, glancing back down at her food at Em's reaction. "Y-yeah," She felt herself blushing and shook her head. She took a sip of her drink again. "It's just, ah, I've never done anything like this before. And I've never been really good with people." She pushed her food around her plate some more. "This is really the first time I've even said it aloud. Or, ah, really talked about it to anyone." She gave Em a small smile.

"What's it like?" She thought a minute. "It's... nice. Odd. I find I think about him... a lot. And it bugs me, since I'm pretty sure he doesn't think about me much. I'm not really sure what I'm doing so sometimes I'm nervous because he's... cool, and smart, and wonderful." She smiled warmly at her food before shaking her head again. "If I don't think too much it's alright."

She took a bite of her food, waiting for Em to speak. She nodded as the girl said she'd never admitted it. "I can get that," She told her with a smile. "It's alright if you don't want to say his name. Why don't you tell me about him?"

Emilia was amazed and impressed by the news that Sapphire had a boyfriend, and maybe a little bit jealous too. It seemed like so far beyond Emilia's reach, and it was strange that someone her own age had a boyfriend already. So when the girl seemed a little less sure about herself as she explained, Emilia could definitely sympathize. She was surprised to be the first person to hear it said out loud, though, and gave Sapphire a small and reassuring smile. "So it's still new? I... I'm flattered you told me. I won't tell anyone if you don't want me to, I promise." She said earnestly. Emilia was curious to hear what it was like, but frowned a little when Sapphire said she didn't think her boyfriend thought about her as much as she thought about him. She could tell Sapphire really liked him, but also that she wasn't entirely secure about this. It was strange, seeing the confident girl so vulnerable. "Oh... I'm sure he thinks about you too! Who wouldn't think about their girlfriend a lot?" She asked, shaking her head. "If you're together, I bet he thinks about you just as much as you think about him. I'm sure he thinks you're cool and smart and wonderful too. That's how it works, right?" Otherwise he wouldn't have agreed to date her, at least as far as Emilia could tell.

But when the conversation turned to her, she fell quiet again and drew back a little, nervous. A part of her wanted to admit it out loud, especially now that Sapphire had said something herself that she hadn't told anyone else. But when she said she didn't have to say his name, Emilia relaxed a little. She decided to at least talk a little bit about him, as she had wanted to share something about her crush with someone for a while but had been too nervous to. "He... he's just very nice. He makes me feel at ease all the time and always treats me well, and he tries to make me feel less shy which I like a lot..." She blushed and fidgeted slightly. "At events with a lot of people around he... has helped me a lot. We even danced together." She admitted shyly. She wasn't sure if Sapphire may have seen her and Derek together before, so it was a little bit risky to say it, but it was what she liked most about him. "And he listens to me." She added with a small shrug, glancing around nervously in case he was nearby, but she still didn't spot him anywhere.

Sapphire smiled when Emilia said she was flattered. "We're friends, love. I needed to tell someone anyway." She took another sip of her drink. "Just don't tell anyone yet, alright? Nyx was really obnoxious about trying to set us up last year. I'll tell him... eventually." She hedged, pushing her food around her plate. "I'm just trying to figure out how. I don't want Nyx thinking it was alright to be a lummox." She scrunched her nose.

She blushed when Em started to compliment her. "You don't know Merv like I do." She grumbled. "But it's a sweet thought. Thanks." She gave the girl a small smile.

Sapphire listened as Emilia began to talk slowly about the boy. She watched as the girl seemed to finish, looking around. "Lemme guess... Slytherin boy?" She asked, already half sure she was right. She hoped he was nice. If he wasn't, she'd be furious. Emilia was such a sweetheart, Sapph didn't want to see her get hurt.

Emilia was very pleased when Sapphire said they were friends, and she grinned brightly at the other girl at her words. "Oh, yes, we are!" She agreed happily. "Of course I won't tell, I promise." She added solemnly. She had no siblings, only cousins, so it was hard for her to imagine what Sapphire described with her brother. If she had a boyfriend, would she tell Athena and Evelyn? Probably, right? But that wasn't reality, and not something she had to ever think about. She frowned a little when the girl said she didn't know Mervyn the way she did. That was true. But if he wasn't nice, why was Sapphire dating him? "I'm sure it's true... otherwise he wouldn't be your boyfriend." That logic was sound to her. As Sapphire guessed correctly that Emilia liked a Slytherin boy, she froze, her eyes wide. "What? How did you know?" She asked in alarm. Had Sapphire figured it out already?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back