Not Quite Sure

Toni Addison

Wand
Rowan Wand 15" Essence of Fang of Basilisk
Toni had been sitting in the Slytherin common room and couldnt' stand the silence that was starting to surround her. It was just so quiet. No slytherins seemed to be around and Toni didn't know where else to go. The lake front was out of the question since the whole mermaid accident with that dumb mermaid pulling her into the lake. The garden just didn't seem like the place to be and the lawn was full of people as was most of the corridors. For someone that hated silence, Toni really didn't want to be surrounded by people. Maybe one person would due. The only place that might be to Toni's liking was the dreaded North Tower. So much had happened in this tower yet still Toni walked up the stairs wondering who she would find up there.

Reaching the top of the stairs, Toni realized that no one was there. "Quiet with a view" Toni said rolling her eyes as she walked over to the window and looked outside. A few students were swimming in the lake and Toni could sworn she saw a mermaid. Oh how she hated the whole mermaid population now. Looking out at the students not really thinking about any one thing but more about everything.

Beau wondered up to the towers, nothing really serious on his mind. Just petty daydreams of surfing with his new board and snowboarding with his brothers. His new equiptment was bound to be better then theirs and even the thought made him smile, he walked up the many steps rather lazily, his feet trailing rather then moving swiftly as they usually would, his blue eyes also blinked irregularly as he looked at the walls of the place that didn't seem to change with every step he took.
Finally reaching the top of the stairs his pace once again picked up, he walked quickly through the tower barely glancing out of the windows, but he was already up here so he might as well stay for a little longer, he began looking for a classroom that looked as if it wasn't currently being used, his eyes darted past a flash of blonde hair before he realised who it was. "Toni," he said quietly, walking over to her, although he had seen her recently at birthday it didn't feel like they had actually had a proper talk in a while. "How've you been?" he asked.

Toni had a small smile on her face as she noticed a few students throw another student in the lake. Amused slightly, Toni wasn't expected to hear anyone coming up. Though when she heard her name she turned around. Seeing Beau, Toni was both relieved and glad. "Oh hey Beau" Toni said flashing him a small smile.

She had saw him back at his birthday party but she really hadn't talked to him too much just one on one as they had at the start of school and even before that. "How have I been?" Toni repeated shaking her head slightly. "Single" She said with a small laugh though it had a small hint of bitterness. "But beside that I've been good" She said smiling slightly.

"How have you been?" She asked.

Beau smiled at her as he went to sit besides her, "Single?" he repeated frowning, he thought the news would make him happy but she looked bitter about the whole thing, "Want to talk about it?" he asked, though inside he was telling himself that he would be the last person she spoke to about anything to do with Sam.
"Ive been good," he said dismissvly, he wasn't interested in himself as much as what seemed to be bothering Toni. He was slightly annoyed with Sam, and himself. Had they broken up because of him?

Toni smiled sightly at Beau. Maybe she shouldn't have mentioned he. He was probably the last person that cared about the fact that Toni and Sam were not a thing anymore. Actually now that Toni thought about it many people probably couldn't care less. "Really nothing to talk about" Toni said shrugging "I broke it off with him" She said thinking that it was the right thing to do, though she wasn't completely sure about the whole thing.

When Beau said that he was good, Toni smiled "No exciting new twelve year old adventures" She said a hint of teasing in her voice.

"You broke it off with him?" Beau repeated, that wasn't exactly what he had expected to hear.
"No, I can't have a massive adventure everyday Toni," he said sarcastically. "Been on any exciting 11 year old adventures recently?" he asked, the grin on his face teasing. He ruffled his hair a little unconciouslly, looking out the window at the mass of green that lay below. The few people flying looked strange when you looked down on them.

Toni let out a small laugh as Beau seemed a bit shocked that she had broken up with Sam. "Surprised?" She asked. "But yeah that brat Jenna finally got what she wanted" Toni said hating to even mention that Hufflepuff's name. In Toni's opinion Sam had gone so low to even like that girl nonetheless kiss her.

Sticking her tongue out at Beau when he asked her if she had any exciting 11 year old adventures. "I'll be twelve soon enough" Toni said thinking that it did seem forever away but still. Though Toni was feeling a bit better now that she had the company of Beau. "I'm glad you are the one that came up to the towers today. I swear if it had been anyone else..." Toni cut off and looked out the window for a moment.

"Don't think about her," Beau said dismissvly, he knew that thinking of that stupid Huffelpuff would not help her right now.
"Sure, sure," he said laughing. "14th February if I remember correctly," he said half smiling, "Thats ages ago," he added triumphantly.
"Well I'm glad I found you here," he said honestly, standing beside her more closely, "What would you have done, made your cat attack them?" he joked chuckling, he couldn't imagine Toni being horrible to anyone. But then again he knew she must be.
"Its the Halloween feast soon right?" he said, "You going?" he asked.

Toni smiled as Beau said to forget about Jenna. If only it was that easy. Though she could push that hufflepuff out of her mind for now at least. Though as he remembered her birthday she couldn't help but be happy about that. "You remembered" She said liking the fact that he remembered things like that. "But oh well twelve is no different than eleven" She teased.

"Oh yes Sadie would be a wonderful guard cat" Toni said laughing a bit. "No I probably wouldn't have done anything" Toni said not knowing if that was completely true. Though she was not for physical fights using her wonderful verbal skills Toni could be completely nasty at times.

When Beau mentioned the halloween feast, Toni nodded. "Yeah I guess" Toni said not really looking forward to as much as many of the people. "But of coarse I am going just don't know what I am wearing yet" She said. The idea of a costume was never one that Toni liked to much.

"Are you going?" She asked trying to picture what Beau would even dress up like. Smiling as a few images came to mind.

"Of course I remebered," Beau said laughing, "How could I forget?" he added softly. "Oh yes it is, I feel so different now that I'm 12," he said sarcastically.
He laughed, "I doubt it," he said shaking his head, "Have you seen it... I mean Stella anywhere?" he said, he had sent the bat out hunting this morning and it still hadn't come back.
Beau laughed, "Of course," he said shaking his head. "Toni, can you honestly imagine me dressing up?" he said. "I think I'll give it a miss," he said honestly, but then again the food was meant to be pretty epic at the feast. But dressing up in a costume, somehow Beau knew that wasn't going to happen.

Toni was glad that he had remembered not many people did. Though really she hadn't told many people when her birthday was. She might be big on parties but not when it was her own birthday. Usually she forgot things like that though this year she was thinking that maybe it was something completely different.

Though when Beau said he felt so much different now that he was twelve, Toni smiled slightly. "Well then what are you doing hanging out with a little eleven year old like me" She said laughing a bit. Though when he brought up Stella, Toni's smile increased. "You really just called her Stella" Toni said quite excited about it actually. Maybe she was finally breaking through to him that animals weren't too bad, maybe not. "But no I haven't seen her about why?" Toni asked

But when Beau said that he was going to miss the halloween feast, Toni shook her head. "You are so going and you know it" She said still now knowing what Beau would even dress up as. Probably not dress up at all. "It will be a blast" She added

Beau shrugged and pretended to consider it for a moment, "You know what, I'm not to sure myself," he joked. "I meant it," he said quickly, wondering why he had actually called it Stella. "I haven't seen her around in a bit," he said shrugging, "But before you say anything I am not worried about it," he said, knowing that she would probably be thinking that now.
"But I'm not dressing up, and I think thats the whole point of it," he said simply. "What are you wearing?" he asked, he didn't have many guy friends so he wasn't sure what they would be dressing up as.

Toni wondered if he had really lost Stella already. "Maybe you are actually starting to like Stella" Toni teasing nudging him slightly. Though when Beau continued to say that he didn't know where the bat was, Toni rolled her eyes. "if she doesn't show up in a day or two we will go search" Toni said guessing that bats went out and about quite a bit, she wasn't sure though.

Though as Beau said he wasn't dressing up, Toni smiled "oh come on. You should dress up." She said doubting that he would but maybe just maybe. When he asked her what she was wearing, Toni shrugged. "I don't know what I'm wearing, but something cute of coarse" She added with a small laugh.

Beau laughed, "Fat chance," he scoffed shaking his head. "I was just making sure your cat hadn't eaten it," he added laughing, his eyes automatically sweeping around to make sure that the creature was not up here.
"Toni, this is me," he said mock shock on his face, "Do you really think I would dress up?" he said shaking his head.
"Oh of course," he said winking and shaking his head, what was it with girls and looking cute? Not that he was complaining.

Toni rolled her eyes. "I think you are starting to like her" Toni said teasing. Though she stuck out her tongue childishly when he said that he was making sure Sadie hadn't eatten it. "Oh you can call your bat Stella but you can't call my kitten Sadie." She said though she was just teasing.

"No I didn't think you would dress up but it was a possibility" Toni said shrugging. Maybe he would change his mind or maybe he would just show up in normal clothes, that would make him stand out at a Halloween feast.

Though when he shook his head when she added that Toni wanted to wear something cute, Toni let out a small laugh. "Well I have to wear something amazing" Toni said knowing that this was a few reasons. She wanted to wear something cute to beat anyone elses costumes such as Jenna and Hoshi.

Turning her head to look out the window, watching a few students walked on the grounds. "Though right after I figure out what I am going to wear at the Halloween feast I have to plan my Yule ball outfit" Toni added with an eye roll though she was actually looking forward to finding a dress for that.

"No I call my bat it too," Beau said laughing, it was true that was the first time he had called it Stella. And he didn't plan on doing it again.
" A possibility?" he said, his tone strong with disagreement but a smile on his face none the less. His mind shifted to the Halloween feast, would he really not go? Just walk around the grounds on his own, at the moment he was swaying to the idea of going to the feast, in normal clothes of course. But he didn't let on, it was better for her to think he wasn't going.
"You always look amazing," he said honestly. "Ah yes the famous yule ball," he said, "I have to go to that," he said laughing, though who would he take? He couldn't turn up alone, Toni probably wouldn't want to go with him. Maybe Blair would? That was if she hadn't been asked by his room mate who she seemed to love.
"Everyone seems to make a huge fuss out of it," he commented, he knew his brothers always went and he would be teased to know end if he didn't, afterall wasn't he supposed to be expert at getting girls? "I'm alright, I'll either were dress robes or a tux," he said, it was simple for guys really.

Toni rolled her eyes once more. "Whatever you say" She said determining that Beau may just never have a love for animals like she did. That she would just have to live with. Though as Beau seemed determined not to go to the Halloween feast, Toni was a bit upset but didn't show that. After all may be he would change his mind.

Smiling slightly as he said she always looked amazing "Thanks" She said simply not knowing how to react to that. She was glad that Beau though so of her after all she did try.

Though as the topic of the yule ball was talked about a bit more, Toni didn't know what she was going to do about it. She obviously couldn't go with Sam. He was probably going with Jenna. Though Toni doubted that Beau would go with her. He'd probably be going with Blair. Maybe she would figure something else. Going alone wasn't an option.

"Yeah everyone does make a big fuss about it. But I will probably be one of those girls making a fuss about it" She said laughing slightly. "I'll have to find a dress and everything" She commented "Guys have it easy just getting a tux now girls on the other hand..." Toni said flashing him a small smile.

"Always a pleasure," Beau said smoothly, right now he was wondering whether he could subtly see if she had a date to the ball, he was wondering how to do so without making it blatantly obvious that he wanted to go with her.
"Yeah but girls always look great, I mean how hard is it to buy a dress?"he said laughing. "So, you got any ideas who your going to go with?" he asked, cringing at his own words. That was about as subtle as an earthquake, he was tempted to take it back but he didn't, he really wanted to go with her.

Toni continued to look out the window, not not thinking as much about Sam or even the Halloween feast but more the yule ball. How on earth was she supposed to find someone to go with to the ball. Sam had Jenna, Knight had Luna, and Beau probably had Blair. Gosh out of all her guys friends she couldn't find one of them.

Though when Beau comment on how hard it was to buy a dress Toni smiling "Oh yeah girls just have to try on about ten different ones to find the best one out of the bunch" Toni said thinking about how she would probably try on more. It was quite hopeless that she didn't even have a dress yet or even an idea of a colour for a dress.

Yet Beau then asked if she knew who she was going to the ball with. Toni turned to face him slightly embarassed that she didn't have anyone, though she hoped that it didn't show on her face. "Actually I don't have anyone to go with" Toni said "yet" she added.

She was tempted to ask the same question but didn't know if she wanted to hear the answer. "Who are you going with?" Toni asked finally.

Beau couldn't help but smile as Toni said she didn't have anyone to go with,"Seriously 10? I didn't knwo there was 10 different types of dress," he said laughing, "That must take hours," he added, shaking his head in disbelief.
"Well you, if you'll have me," he said for once in his life looking a little sheepish, "I mean you don't have to, if you'd rather not..." he trailed off, she really had something over him, she didn't have to say anything and he was already mumbling. Something he never did.

Toni noticed the smile on Beau's face when Toni had admitted that she didn't have anyone to go with. Usually she would take it as making fun of her if it was anyone else. Though it was Beau and Toni wasn't quite sure what that meant. "Yeah at least ten and it does take hours" Toni said smiling thinking about how she was going to have to find the perfect dress.

Though when Beau began once more about the ball she almost noticed that he began to mumble. Was he asking her to the yule ball? "Are you serious?" Toni said a smile on her face. "I mean I thought you were going with Blair" Toni said a bit caught of guard "But I'd love to go" Toni said "I mean I'd love to go with you" Toni said hoping that she had understood him correctly. If not she had taken his words out of context. Now that would be more than embarassing.

Beau nodded, are you serious was never a good sign was it? "Look you..." he began but waited untill she finished speaking, "Blair...wha?" he began shaking his head, "No," he added just to clarify. "Really?" he said, "You want to go with me?" he said happily, an almost smug look on his face, "Know I'm definatly going," he said a big smile on his face, know he was in a good mood and so was referring to both the yule ball and halloween feast.
He pulled himself easily up onto the windowsill a smile on his face. "So seriously, you try on 10 dresses?" he said still not being able to believe this. He smiled to himself, he hadn't actually been expecting her to say yes. "Anyway its ages away isn't it?" he said, he had just asked Toni to the ball yet he didn't know when it was.

Toni was glad that she had misunderstood that Beau had liked Blair. That made her rather happy. It was actually surprising how Toni came up to the towers in not the best mood but now she was rather happy about the whole thing.

She couldn't help but laugh a tiny bit when he was surprised that she had said yes. How could she say no to him? "Yes really." Toni said still a bit surprised that he had asked her. After all this chaos he still liked her, that thought was quite unbelievable to Toni. Maybe he just wants to go as friends Toni thought though she didn't want to think much onto that topic at all.

"Yes ten dresses" Toni said laughing. "why is that so hard to believe?" She asked wondering if boy's just go try on one tux. Well they all did look the same. A tux wasn't something that needed different types. "But I guess I do have time. The Yule ball isn't until Christmas time" Toni said somehow wishing that it was now sooner.

"God now I have to wait all that time" Toni said rolling her eyes playfully.

Beau's smile grew as she confirmed once more, he looked at her knowing that this didn't mean as much to her as to him. He knew that she probably only wanted to go as friends, but that was better then nothing.
"Because I don't even try on one tux, I just buy it," he said laughing, today had seemed like an average day but had turned out to be a very good one. His mood was lifted and he couldn't stop smiling, which was strange. But Toni seemed to bring out the best side in him, maybe that was just because they were best friends, though he couldn't help but think it was more.
"Ah it'll fly by," he said, " Afterall we have the Halloween feast to attend," he said, unsure whether she would notice the 'we' which confirmed outloud that he had changed his mind about going.

Toni couldn't believe that Beau didn't even try on a tux. "You don't even try it on. How do you know how it looks good than?" Toni asked doubting that anything could look awful on Beau but she wasn't willing to say that aloud. After all she wasn't going to give him a big head.

Running her hand through her hand, Toni tried to think about how far Christmas did seem. She still had to get Beau a birthday present as well as having to get him something for christmas. As well as picking out a halloween costume and a yule ball dress. Usually Toni would be a bit overwhelmed but she was too excited about having Beau actually asking her to a ball to be overwhelmed about anything.

Yet as Beau said that they had a Halloween feast to attend, Toni wondered if he meant the 'we'. "So you are going" Toni said a smile on her face almost proving that she had won. "Now what are you dressing up as?" she asked guessing that she was pushing her luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back