Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Asexual
Wand
Straight 9 1/2 Inch Rigid Walnut Wand with Thestral Tail Hair Core
Monty didn't mind Christmas shopping - he enjoyed choosing presents for his friends and family - but it was infinitely more fun with Ava. Of course it was. Everything was more fun with Ava. For one thing, she forced him to make decisions instead of spending hours deliberating over inconsequential things, like whether Saveli would prefer pink or green, or if chocolates were too thoughtless for his son-in-law's parents, which freed up a lot of time that could be spent chatting and enjoying themselves. "You're going to be incredibly disappointed," he said, as they drew near the ice cream parlour, "but they've stopped serving your favourite flavour. It's unacceptable, really. I might write."

Christmas was an exciting time of year, even if Ava had a million children to buy for now. She could not believe that Tobias was eight, Riley seven! Already! How did that happen? Braxton's children were also speeding up, and as they became more picky, it became harder to buy for them. When they were younger, they just liked the pretty sparkly things that Ava gave to them. Now it had to be cool. But it was made all the more fun looking for presents with Monty. She let out a laugh when they neared the ice cream shop. "Am I ever going to live that down Pendleyton? I mean really, teasing a senior isn't that kind of you." Ava laughed again. She knew in Muggle terms she'd be incredibly old by now, so was happy that witches and wizards lived longer, even if she was still considered a senior.

"Hmm... no, no I don't think so," Monty said, smiling wryly. He had to tease Ava about something, seeing as she was perfect in practically every regard. "Oh, please. You're not a senior. You won't be a senior until you're at least sixty-one." he said, well aware that was only a few months away. One day he was sure he was going to go too far and actually offend her, which was why he was making the most of it while he still could. "What is your favourite ice-cream flavour, anyway?"

Ava laughed when Monty said she wasn't going to live it down, and she wished she had something on him that she could tease him about. Of course, they had a long history, but there wasn't a lot she would actually tease him about, maybe just about not wearing the famous pink and sparkly jacket that she had bought him. "Oh, well that's okay then. Just a few more months until you're known for being mean to old people, right?" Ava laughed back. She thought for a moment about her favorite ice cream flavor. "I think I'm going to have to go with the good old Hokey Pokey. And what about yourself Monts?" She asked, holding the door open for him.

Monty laughed. "Why do you think I'm friends with Arvo? I was getting in some practice," he said. "Ah, a capital choice. I think I'll go for cookie dough, myself. Thank you," he said, as she held the door for him to pass. Ten minutes later - there was quite a queue - they stepped back out into the sunshine. Monty had ordered his ice cream in a little cardboard bowl with a spoon. "Shall we sit by the water?" he suggested. There were a few too many excited children running around for his liking, and sadly outside the school he wasn't allowed to tell them to be quiet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back