Not Alone

Jack smirked now. Not smiled, but smirked. "Fair enough." He said, keeping his words short. He didn't want to upset Gwen, but he needed her to know how he felt at the present time. He took his hand off his wand but kept the mental note to find out who this Alois guy was. "I don't care either way." He lied, looking the other way around the room, his tone casual as he tried to stop his mind going down strange routes of thoughts of Alois and Gwen together. Realising that this really wasn't helping the situation, he sighed and turned back to look at Gwen. He smiled now, tiredly, but still, it was a smile. "Ok, don't worry. I won't do anything stupid. Now, what do you want to do?" He asked, smiling at her. He wouldn't do anything stupid. Well, what he thought as stupid. For now, only time would tell.

Gwenneth bit her lip at his response, her and Alois had a giant discussion about smirking and her dislike of it before but she didn't dare bring it up for the fact Alois was involved in it. She mved herself over to him, sitting next to him but sitting as if she was infront of him, but she was really to the one side of him. "I'm yours, you know. You don't have to worry about other guys, I'm no veela," she said with a laugh, although at that moment she didn't feel much like laughing. Gwen leaned in giving him a semi0passionate kiss, a good in between of the two different types of kissing they liked.

Jack smiled now. Properly, not a smirk or anything, but a proper smile. He kissed her back as she had done, realising that it felt better to kiss like that than to be so passionate all the time. And, if girls liked that sort of thing, then that was even better. He smiled again and gazed into her eyes. "You're more beautiful than most veelas." He said, his tone soft now as he smiled at this girl. She underestimated her beauty and attraction obviously, but he didn't. He knew a beautiful girl when he saw one and he knew that he was kissing one right then.

Gwen smiled as he kissed her back, hopefully he wouldn't go beat up Alois now. She'd feel bad if her friend was beaten up because they both decided to stay in the alcove and sleep, he hadn't forced her to stay with him. Her face blushed at his compliment and she looked down at the ground, of course now facing him it would be impossible to hide the fact. Gwen was glad he was smiling now and more relaxed she wished he never asked her about him, but then again if rumors were going around she could only imagine how many were saying they did things that never happened. "Thanks, uhm, so what now?" She asked glancing down at the food in front of them but not hungry for anything.

Jack smiled as she blushed again at his compliment. He didn't know why, she was very pretty and shouldn't be ashamed of it. He smiled at her and lifted her chin up from the ground where it was looking. Keeping his hand there he leant forwards and kissed her again to reassure her of the statement he had just made. "I don't mind. What do you want to do?" He asked, willing to do anything that she asked. He smiled encouragingly, wondering what she would request. There could be dancing, talking, kissing... anything that she wanted to do. He was hers for the afternoon.

Gwen smiled into the kiss happy he was relaxed. Or atleast not showing signs of being jealous anymore. She didn't think she was prettier then veelas but it was nice to him say such things. "Oh, well, I don't know what to do," she said looking at him as he already forced her head up. "That was my point in asking you," she told him unsure what they could do that they already haven't tried. Gwen wasn't sure if Jack was going to be one of the boys that just wanted to kiss all the time or not she didn't care either way but it was nice to just sit and talk sometimes, but that was more for people who;ve been dating for awhile.

Jack sat there, unsure of what to say and do. He didn't want to suggest something that Gwen wouldn't be interested in, but then again, he didn't want to sit there like an idiot. "Tell me more about yourself." He started, knowing that they had already had this discussion. But this time, now that they were dating, he hoped that Gwen would tell him the untold, the things that wouldn't be said to a random stranger that you have only just met. The things that a girl tells a boy she is dating, the things that best friends tell each other. That was what he wanted to hear. That.

Gwen pursed her lips to the side thinking about his request. "What else is there you don't know about me? And actually I think you should tell me about you," she said knowing she didn't actually know that much about him. He had a cousin and that was about it. Licking her lip as a weird habit she had besides rolling her eyes she looked over her new boyfriend and wondered if she was going to be his one and only while they dated. Another girl could come along pretty like her and steal his attention, and the two girls not knowing each other wouddn't even know it.

Jack frowned slightly. He thought he knew stuff, but that was the basics, the all around things that could be told to anyone who asked. He wanted to know more. Sighing inwardly, he repeated his life story, trying to think what she already knew and what she didn't know. "Well? I might repeat myself. Ok, so i was born on the 18th December and i live in France. My family own a string of muggle hotels that go around the world. They own it with my aunt and uncle, Amy's parents. When i first came to Durmstrang, i was eager to learn about the dark arts, but in my second year, i got into a fight with a 6th year and lost and got this scar." He said, pausing in the story to lift up his t-shirt and show a white thin line across his stomach just above his belly button. His thickly muscled chest hid it slightly, but the line caused by dark magic was still there. "I then hated magic for ages. But in my 4th year, my old mentor showed me how things are done properly and i learnt some cool spells. I started to like magic again." He finished, wondering what else there was to say about himself. It all seemed to have been said. This scar was the real reason why he had gone into learning darker magic, eager to get back and be able to defend himself. Eager for people to know the pain he had suffered all of those years ago. However, in fear of scaring Gwen, he kept his emotions to himself, preferring not to mention the dark arts. His tone had been of one of those people who had told their life story before. There was nothing new, nothing different about it from when it had all happened. Except how he felt. But that was locked away, carefully guarded for no one to see. No one.

Gwen listened to him as he gave a brief overview of his life. She was suprised by the story of his scar and the actual scar itself. She wasn't sure if she was allowed to run her finger over it or not so she decided to just look at the light scar someone could see through his muscles. "Your scar is most physical. You're lucky, when my mother died it seemed like eveything bad had to happen at the same point. My boyfriend, who was amazing, broke up with me, my so-called friends sided with him. We found out my aunt who hates muggles was the one killed my mother. My dad retreated into the den and nothing has been the same since," she told him her eyes on his scar. Alois had gotten a similar speech as the one she just told Jack, but she seemed to offer up more information to Jack. It was all basics when it came to Alois, they didn't really know much about each other. "OH by the way. I have your Fanta," she said pulling out two from her bag. Gwen had planned on going around after classes and finding Jack but she was glad he went out of his way to find her. Holding out the muggle drink she smiled at him. SHe could only hope he liked Grape flavored drinks.

Jack nodded. However, when Gwen started telling her story, he put his hand on hers and squeezed it gently. "Oh Gwen, im so sorry." He said, lost for words at the moment and how it all seemed to have panned out. She had obviously had a rubbish childhood, and everything else seemed to have fallen apart for her. Wondering whether he was just as amazing as the said boyfriend, he smiled sympathetically. Knowing a few people who would react differently and probably better in such a situation, Jack felt a flooding of sadness come to him as he thought about the despair of it all. He knew a boy, a boy in the 4th year, who had gone through something similar. This boy was his mentee and although Jack found it amusing that someone had trusted him to help a broken kid, he knew what sort of effect this problem could have on people. Taking the drink offered, he smiled at her and opened it with ease. Holding it up, he did the normal 'cheers' movement and smiled. Taking a sip of the drink, he let it stay on his lips and inside his mouth for a few minutes before swallowing and smiling. "Thats great!" He exclaimed, his voice echoing the truth. Taking another sip, he smiled again.

Gwen shrugged her shoulders at Jack. He didn't really know how those words made her feel so she didn't bother asking him not to say them. People didn't know how to react such terrible news so they felt sympathy for them but it never was the thing the other person needed. A shoulder to cry on in the first couple of weeks, yes, but now she just wanted to live. Everything in her life had come tumbling down all at once, and now she was working on fixing it Jack was one of those people that she needed to help her along to a stable life and keep it stable. "I told you it would be good, but you didn't trust me. Will you trust me more now?" She asked him with a laugh coming along with the words remembering his disbelieve that a muggle drink could be good, she had seen it in his eyes. "It can't be very cold, they taste better cold," she told him knowing the drink had been shuffled around in her bag all day waiting till she saw him. Now her plan had actually worked out in a way she hadn't seen coming. She was dating Jack yes, but she did have to remind him of his offer he did that himself. Gwen had managed to trap yet another part-veela in her charm somehow which was always confusing to her as she didn't see herself being very beautiful outside. "So, now that we're together... are you planning a date of somesort?" Gwen asked him, his scar still visible as he hadn't pushed down his shirt yet and now she felt confident enough to reach out and trace the faint marking left there. She had a few similar ones the streched across her upper arms and back from various sports she had once tried. Most seemed to come from running and ultimately falling over something, but Gwen never gave up running. It was her escape, once she began to run hard enough and fast enough her mind would just go and all she would be was just muscle running, her escape. Glancing up a Jack she gave him a light smile before turning away her shirt already unbuttoned to the max and she pulled the right side down a bit and a pink scar contrasted her tan skin. "I got this, that night, when I found out she was...I ran out of there afterwards. Fell down a couple of times scraped my knees, but this one, this one hurt the most. I ran off a clift, granted I didn't know it was one till i was already halfway to the bottom. My shoulder caught one of the rocks and gave me this, the salt in the water was so painful on the fresh cut," she whisphered her head half turned back towards him as she looked down to see as much of the scar and his expression as she could. The feeling of falling was like that of running, she hadn't been much of a runner before then more flying was her skill. But she hadn't been on broom since the fall and she didn't plan on getting one soon. Running was the best answer to get that feeling back that one thing that told her she was still alive. Jack was the first person she ever told that part of the story too, Alois didn't even know she had multiple scars across her and he had seen her in just her sports bra for the run, he hadn't noticed at all.

(OOC: Again, im soooo sorry for the late reply and sorry that this is also a really lame post. :( )

Jack smiled at her laugh, not realising that the previous comment he had made had upset Gwen. Jack had never been good at noticing when he upset someone like that, and never knew whether what he had said hurt or helped someone. It was his down fall in life, along with the many others. Smiling briefly at her again, he wondered what she saw in him. Some girls just went for the looks, but most girls liked guys for what their personality was like. If Gwen really knew the secrets of his heart, ones that Jack himself was only just discovering, then would she be so eager as to still be in a relationship with him? The question hung over Jack as he smiled and took another sip of the drink. Gulping a little more down, he nodded, telling her that he would believe her more now. "Its perfect for me, im not fussy." He said with a small laugh, thinking about how this was true, yet a complete contrast of real life at the same time. Rubbing his chin in thought, he smiled again at the beautiful girl in-front of him. "Well, it was going to be a surprise, but.... if you want to know...." He started, remembering the date he had planned once he had checked that they could leave the castle for the weekend. It was a free time for the older years, and seeing as he could easily apparate, he had planned on taking her away for the weekend. Having planned the details already, he had hoped that the element of surprise would catch her without work to do or some reason to keep her behind at the school. Hoping that he wouldn't have to give away his plan yet, he decided to see if she needed to know. Not wanted to, but needed to know.

As her hand traced his scar, he felt a shock of electricity run through his body. Keeping calm, he just smiled at her and once she removed her hand, he let his t-shirt fall back to its original place. Raising his eyebrows as she undid her shirt further, he just watched as another scar was pointed out, this time on her body instead of his. Listening to the story behind it, Jack realised how little he knew of the girl that was now his girlfriend. He just smiled, lost for words in the moment. It wasn't a weird smile, but one of a caring person, deciding that if he was around when any more danger arose, he would take a bullet for the girl. Slightly shaken by his own feelings, he turned his head away slightly, trying to think of what he could do.

Gwenneth smiled as Jack drank more of the muggle drink, he had to realize now that now everything that they made was bad. After all alot of the wizard versions were based off the original muggle design. Except electricity, that was something that wizards would never go too. They hadn't so far which suggested it wasn't a very acceptable thing and the torches were still a great source of light, plus it made everythign mysterious and sexy all at once. Gwen's smile widened to a grin when she saw his nod to her question. It felt good to be trusted in a similar way that she trusted him. "Well good then," she stated back to him, glad he wasn't a picky person. When he started to talk about the date he was planning she got all exicted and nervous inside. "OH, no no no no, don't ruin it! I was just wondering if there were any plans," she stated back to him trying to get him to stop from telling her anything about it. She didn't like many suprises but he had meant it to be one and she wanted to wait now. "Just tell me what is decent to wear and when to meet you," Gwen added on so they wouldn't have any confusion later on.

Looking up at him he seemed happy to be with her, but she still couldn't wonder why a guy like him would be there with just her, unless he had a few others as well. But she was suppose to trust him, and she did at least to an extent. Her heart had been broken in the past by a cheater, she did have the right to not fully trust another boy. Looking back into their conversation of the day so far she remembered telling him he didn't have to worry about there be other guys, she was his. Yet she hadn't gotten the same reply back, just that she was more beautiful then veelas, which could easily be turned into a cheesy pick up line. Biting her lip she turned her head so it was facing forward which now was away from him, half of her back and the scar exposed to him. The scar was just a small representative of what happened to her heart last year, and now she doubted she was doing the right thing being with another boy who at the end of the year would just leave. He wasn't looking at her anyways, she knew that by a quick glance back, now he could be thinking about some meeting he has planned with someone else. Gwen didn't feel betrayed, she couldn't yet, not till she knew if he was the type to cheat, and prehaps if he was she was the one he was using to cheat on someone else. It was a scary feeling.

Jack smiled and nodded as she asked him not to tell her the surprise. He hadn't planned on doing so. "Well.... normal clothes will be fine, i will make sure you know where and when to meet me." He said with another smile added on the end, for the simple reason that her statement had amused him. He watched as she turned her head away and seemed to become a little worried/sad. Having never been good at reading emotions, Jack was perturbed by her biting her lip. The way she did it made him want to kiss her again, but he held back, deciding to see what was wrong first. Something was bothering her and Jack tried to scan through his most recent comments to work out if it was something he had said or done. Frowning, he put his hand on her hand and smiled calmly. "Gwen, is everything ok?" He asked, his tone one of concern and love, but also one that demanded the truth from the beautiful girl. As different thoughts chased each other around his mind trying to work out what could be bugging her, he smiled softly but inside, he was frowning at what had caused his girl - as he saw her now - to be worried.

(OOC: Argh, i swear these posts are getting lamer and lamer by the minute. Sorry.)

Gwen smiled at what he said, normal clothes didn't give her any clue as to what they might be doing but she was still happy he was planning something for them. "Alright," she said back to him a light smile on her face as she thought of what they could be doing on the date, muggles enjoyed going out to movies, prehaps a dinner. She couldn't be sure but she was excited about it.

Feeling his hand she looked down at it listening to what he was asking her. But she couldn't really respond to him, not in the way where she really told him what was on her mind. It would mean she doubted him, yet he hadn't really been given the chance to prove his love or prove it wasn't there. No she had to put on a brave face and see this entire thing through. "Hmm, yes. Sorry sometimes I just go off in a daze and think, but no worries everythings good when I'm with you," she said turning so she could lean her head on his shoulder. It was different then it had been with Alois. She wasn't sure what was different about it, or if it was even a bad different, just strange. Still she made no moves outside of her brain to make him think it was uncomfortable to lean on him, she was actually very cozy leaning up against him. Her hand moved over and began to trace the little lines on his palm and she smiled at the memory of doing the same thing to Alois, she hadn't meant to do the same things, Alois wasn't suppose to mean anything to her now. Her mind and heart had to pull away from him and go to Jack but it was hard. Jack was a flirt, an older guy; Alois was her age and was understandable, both were good choices, and one wanted her while the other wished to be friends. Prehaps Alois was still hung over Jack's cousin, prehaps he still wanted to be with the girl.

Jack's eyes twinkled with amusement at her resignation of the subject. He wouldn't tell her anything and she didn't really want to know, so it was best to leave it there. But, as he began to dismiss it from his mind, he suddenly doubted as to whether she would enjoy that, or whether she would think him too forward or anything. Sighing inwardly as thoughts arose as to whether she would just walk away, he smiled bravely and turned to hear her explanation of the quietness. Unsure of whether her reason was real or not, he just smiled calmly again and put his arm around her shoulder. Muttering a non-commital sound to her reason, he let her play with his hand. As she did so, he smiled to himself and began to fall into his own dream world and this time, Gwen was there with him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back