Not Alone

Gwenneth-Adrie Linde

OOC First Name
Steph.
Gwenneth-Adrie Linde packed up her belongings fas the her last class of the day ended. She hadn't been much attention to anything that happened, which was unlike her usual Ravenclaw attitude. Slowly putting her books back into her shoulder bag she sighed as she stood up. She hadn't seen either Alois or Jack all day. Not to mention Ri or the other guy she knew from when she fell over him running. Thinking back to Jack and Alois she wondered if Alois actually meant that he'd be happy for her or not, he seemed different almost dissapointed in himself and her when she finally came out and told him. Of course they had only met in their last class that day and then spent the rest of the day with each other, much like her and Jack. But Alois was like her best friend they would always have a laugh, Jack was more dangerous and daring. Her cheeks turned red thinking about how she had kissed him. She still wasn't sure why she had done it, but she knew she didn't want him to be anything like her ex-boyfriend.

Jack had only had 1 lesson so far. He had done his work, and after a little bit of research, had found out where Gwen would be. He had planned to meet up with her and have another nice time with her, and had decided to do it today. He had dressed casually, not wanting her to feel out of place, but still not wanting to look like a goon in his uniform. He leaned against the wall outside her classroom and waited as the end of the lesson approached. As the halls filled up, he didn't look out of place, and it looked as if he was just leaning against the wall to let the other people go. He noticed some girls stare at him and smile, but today he didn't notice. His eyes were for one girl and one girl only. He smiled as she left the classroom and picked his way through the crowds to reach her. "Hey!" He said, smiling at her and taking her hand quickly. Pulling her through the crowds to the other side of the hall, he smiled and leaned forward to give her a small kiss on her lips. The way that he did it was timed perfectly, so that it could have easily been him pushed against her. But still, he placed his glasses on his head, having been outside for a while and smiled at her. "Will you come with me to the tower again? I have a surprise for you." He said with a smile and a wink. He had managed to get some food from the kitchens and had laid out a picnic for them there. To add to the effect, he had also managed to enchant some ever-lasting candles to hover around the room, giving it a pretty glow. But she wouldn't know any of this yet until she agreed to join him. He smiled his irresistible smile at her and waited for her response.

When Gwen left the room she was suprised by how many students were still milling about. What suprised her more was Jack coming up behind and taking the lead to drag her over to wall. She was glad he had found her, he would atleast know the halls and be able to take her back the dorms or the library. She was leaning against the wall when he had bent down and kissed her lips, which made her cheeks burn brightly. Gwen knew she should have excepted it to happen she had after all kissed him quite passionatly the other night. "Uhm, Hi," she mumbled back to him still in slight shock from the gesture but he seemed completely comfortable. She looked around to see if anyone else had noticed the two but no one seemed to care as they walked by. "Oh sure," she managed to reply back as she balanced her bag on her shoulder so she could pull the short skirt on the uniform down slightly as it had riden up past her comfort zone.

Jack smiled at her unsure and short responses - it seemed that she hadn't been expecting him. Smirking slightly as she pulled down her skirt self-consiously, it reminded him of how uniquely special she was, in her own way. He took her hands, ignoring the looks that they had now started to receive with her cheeks burning so brightly. "Stop blushing, you look like a traffic cone." He joked, smiling at her with his charming smile. Once the had broken away from the main stream of students, he held her hand more comfortably and smiled again at her. "How was your lesson?" He asked as the walked through a few doors and down a few passage ways. He was interested in everything she did, for it seemed that he couldn't stop thinking about her for the last few days. They reached the bottom steps of the tower about 5 minutes later and he stopped. "When you get up there, close your eyes." He said, climbing up the ladder and making sure that the door was shut so the surprise could be perfect when he opened it. Before it shut properly, he pushed his wand inside and flicked it at the music player, letting another dance tune start up. He hadn't planned to dance with her, but the music seemed to break the awkward silence that had occurred for a few minutes.

Gwen held her free hand to her face to cool the blood rush as he mentioned it. "I don't, do I?" She questioned worried about looking stupid for once. Her mind was already made up about Jack, even if Alois didn't agree fully. She had to duck a few times with stray hexes flying towards her, sometimes she figured they were on purpose. "Not much, it was pretty boring. Just sat there and took notes, the usual. But we have homework again so I'll have to go back to my dorm after dinner," she told him giving him a few hours to spend with her. Gwen preferred to do her homework right after class but she knew having a boyfriend changed things. When they got to the tower she nodded her head watching him go up. Taking a few deep breaths she calmed herself down before climbing up the ladder, "Alright, they're closed."

Jack smiled as she cooled her face down. "Don't worry about it, you look fine now." He said, laughing slightly at her panic even though he had only been joking around with her. Deciding not to return the hexes for fear of getting in a duel, he swore to himself as she nearly got hit and made up his mind to punish the stupid 1st years later. He smirked as she mentioned sitting around taking notes. "Don't worry, classes will get better. I promise." He added, not wanting her to think that it all was so boring. He had also used to find note-taking lessons boring, but now the spent their time working on practical lessons with breeding dangerous animals and practising dangerous spells. He had to admit it, life in the 7th year at Durmstrang was fun, even if it was still a stop from being free in the world.

He smiled at her as she joined him on the top step of the ladder, checking that they were closed, he opened the door and helped her in. He had planned to stand there and tell her to open them, shouting surprise. But now, his plans changed suddenly. Going around to the front of her, he wrapped his arms around her waist and kissed her on her lips, as passionately as she had the other day and stepped back, smiling. "Surprise." He whispered in her ear before stepping to her side so she could get the proper view of the room. The candles were floating around the room slowly, and the music slow. The food was all laid out on the floor on plates and there were a bunch of flowers in the middle of the table. He thought that he had included everything, but he still wasn't sure if he had remembered everything or not. Waiting for her response, he slipped his hand into hers again, smiling at the effect of the room.

Gwen nodded her head unsure if he would notice it or not. She knew classes weren't always boring but today she hadn't been into the class at all. Her mind too focused on Jack and Alois even Ri her only female friend here had popped in her thoughts a few times. What would she say to what Gwen was going to do, well Gwen did know but she had to do it to escape her feelings for Alois.

With her eyes closed she let Jack guide her up into the room. The first thing she noticed wasn't the music but the smell of food. Being so wrapped up with her thoughts she hadn't gone to lunch, which would have been the most likely place for Alois to be as well as Jack and she didn't want anything to come up between the two, after all she didn't feel anything for Alois, right? Well at least she thought so. Next the sound of the music low in her ears came up, and there was light behind her eyelids that wasn't the same as the light the sun would have been casting down on the earth. Next the sensation of being kissed filled her senses and everything changed. Pressure on her lips, the light was blocked and the smell of Jack filled her nose. Her ear was whisphered into afterwards and she opened her eyes, first focusing on the candles floating around the room. As Jack stepped to her side she could see what he had layed out on the floor, an impromtu picnic feast. She turned and smiled her hand squeezing his. "It's nice Jack," she said moving forward to kiss him on the cheek.

Jack smiled at her response but frowned slightly to himself. "Nice?" He asked, his tone mocking her slightly but in a friendly way. "Well im pleased it made nice." He laughed, pulling her over to the floor by the picnic. "Dig in, i noticed you weren't at lunch." He said, remembering how he had noticed some people looking around, and then seeing that she wasn't there. His cheek felt soft where she had kissed him and he smiled to himself as he moved some of the food towards her. Taking a pastry, he took a bite quickly, trying to relax the atmosphere. He had planned to bring her here and ask her something, but he wanted to wait until she had had enough food and then was properly giving him her attention. He didn't want her to have to rush off to go to do some homework, so he had purposefully planned it throughout the afternoon. Smiling at her, he watched her reactions to it all.

Gwen shook her head at him when she obviously didn't say what he had been waiting all day for her to say. She was still trying to work up the nerve to ask him about his offer and see if he was still available, though it seemed he was. "It's very...apetizing? Beautiful?" She said with a questioning look to see if he would take that response as they moved over to the floor. She sat criss-criss applesauce style on the floor and watched as he took a bite of food. Gwen hadn't been at lunch but he certainly had been which meant he was basically eating a double lunch or very early dinner, boys seemed to be able to eat all the time. "Oh right. Homework, I forgot to do it last night and needed the extra time," she told him looking over to food before picking up an apple and taking a bite. It was fresh and she enjoyed the taste of it was she looked back up to Jack to see if he was going to continue the conversation.

Jack laughed warmly at her response. "That will do." He said with another chuckle. He finished the pastry and stopped eating, remembering that he had already had lunch. Too lazy to wipe the crumbs away, he flicked his wand at them and smiled as they disappeared. Opening his mouth to speak, he found that she began to speak at the same time so he closed it again feeling like a fish. He listened and nodded. "Poor you. I never remember getting this much work when i was in your year. I don't think i even get much in the 7th year but if i do, i never do it." He said with a laugh. Frowning slightly to himself as he tried to think when the last time he had work. Shaking the thought away, he found a window of silence in which he could ask her the question on his mind. Leaning back against the wall, he turned to face her. "Um Gwen. You know what i said last time we met, that if you needed a boy to date i was here..." He started, wondering why he sounded nervous - a first for him. "Well i was wondering if you still needed someone. I just thought after our last meeting... you know???...." He trailed off, gazing into her eyes and waiting for her response. The last time the had met. Dancing together, a secret kiss before they left.... Well he had thought that if she still wanted someone, he would happily fight for it. Give himself for it... Still looking in her eyes, he waited for a response from her.

Gwen smiled at him glad she found a good enough response as she ate her apple. She didn't like the fact that he didn't his work, she had been a Ravenclaw after all and they had special study groups in the common room to study for even the simplest of tests, but they wanted the extra points to win the cup. "You should be doing your work, Jack. What happens if you fail? Another year of school for you," she told him though she wasn't sure if it wouldn't be such a bad thing, he'd be around for another year. It could work out for them if that happened. She wasn't suprised when he brought up dating again, she had been waiting for him to do so or she was going to bring it up herself. But her mind suddenly flashed with Alois, they had spent the night together on the hard cold floor in the hallway. He said he would respect her choices but he didn't seem fine with it at all. "Oh, um, Jack. I do know," she said with a laugh knowing what he meant, but Gwenneth couldn't put to words what she was thinking or the simple answer. Instead she picked herself from the floor and went over to him and answered him with the passionate kiss she had given him before.

Jack shrugged. "Ill be fine. Cram some extra revision in before tests and all of that. It will all be fine." He said with another shrug. Jack had an annoying trait that he could relax all year, never do any work and then suddenly get good scores on a test. He knew that it annoyed some people, but what was the point of him working for no reason. That was another reason why his school didn't captivate him as much as the other students found. There was another reason why he was different, why he needed to escape the castle in a years time. He listened to her answer and smiled to himself, trying to work out what her response actually was. Suddenly, he found them passionately kissing and he raised his eyebrows at her. As they both pulled away, he smirked slightly. "Is this a yes then?" He asked, smiling still. Before he could give her a chance to answer, he pulled her back into the kiss, as passionate as her one had been before, and possibly more.

Gwen rolled her eyes at his answer, it was a typical Gryffindor answer to be sure. She glanced around the room taking in the sight again, it was pretty marvelous that he had managed to create all of this when classes had been going on. She took another bite of her apple sighing into as he questioned her. Gwen threw Alois out of her mind before she kissed Jack and when they pulled away and he asked her if it was a yes he still gone which was a relief. She had been about to nod yes when Jack pulled her in for another kiss, she wrapped her arms around his neck and could taste the pastry he had been eating on his lips. Pulling away slightly she smiled as she looked down into his eyes. "You didn't need to kiss me again for me to say Yes, you know," she said with a laugh before giving him a standard peck.

Jack laughed lightheartedly. "Well, if i will only get a peck on the lips when i am dating you, i would rather not because you kissed better before!" He laughed, smiling at her as his hands wrapped themselves around her waist. Standing up quickly, he helped her up and smiled. "Do you want to dance again?" He asked, wondering whether she would accept or not. He planned to be a good boyfriend, not one that was just nice to get the title and then go back to normal life with the girl. He smiled into her blue eyes, they reminded him of the sea, clear and innocent. Wondering what she would be like in a temper, he pulled her close and began to dance slowly with her, still smiling.

Gwen's mouth widened in suprised to his statement but she laughed it off knowing it was just a joke. "Well if you're going to be like that then you won't get kissed either way," she retorted back a smile on her face. She felt him lift her up and stood on her feet listening to his question. Looking down at the apple in her hand as he wrapped his arms around her she felt the need to say no because she was very hungry but decided not to start their relationship off on a bed temper. "Of course," she said putting the apple down on a plate he had left for her and began to dance with him.

Jack laughed again. "Not if i have anything to say about it." He said and kissed her again, more passionately than before, but with more feeling. The sort of kiss between two people in a relationship, rather than just between 2 friends. "There? Isn't that better than a boring kiss?" He asked, his eyes twinkling with amusement as he gave her a 'boring kiss' one that was more of a peck, a simple touch between their two lips. Noticing her reluctance to put her apple down and stop eating, he decided to cut their dancing shorter and therefore give her an opportunity to eat. Smiling at her as they danced, he brushed a stray hair out of her face and smiled.

Gwen laughed as he pulled her in for another kiss, it was nice but she always enjoyed the shorter ones better. As long as they had emotion behind them the short ones were the ones taken to stop time for a moment incase you never saw the person again, her mother and father had many of those moments as they walked around the house. They danced around the room like the first day they met and smiled at him. He enjoyed the deeper passionate kissing so she reached up as they danced and kissed him back emotions running through her. Gwen was glad for her height, she never had to strech very far to kiss him.

Jack laughed as she kissed him back. "Please don't feel under any pressure to kiss me like that if you want." He said, his tone easy and cheerful. The music in the song ended and he smiled, flicking his wand at the box and getting it to stop. Once it had, he pulled her back to the rug and sat down, giving her another opportunity to eat again. He smirked as he closed his eyes, thinking of how nice it was to think he had a girlfriend. "Gwen, you don't mind me asking, but who is Alois?" He asked, his tone casual as he raised the name that he had frequently heard. His cousin had dated Alois once, but he hadn't got around to meeting him. He had also in the last few days heard a few rumours about Alois and Gwen, and wondered what was going on.

"I didn't. Feel pressured I mean," she told him truthfully. Honestly she was pushing Alois out of her mind with every kiss they shared and she was actually enjoying it. After the run they had went on she didn't want much to do with him, she felt herself being clung too and she didn't want him to get in another fight with her. They worked as friends even though she had wanted more and he didn't. Jack wasn't the alternative but a better choice for her. She decided to kiss him again once they stopped dancing and he brought her back to the rug. Her apple was already brown by that point and she put it aside and got someother food to eat. She stopped with a fork full of food halfway to her mouth when Jack asked about Alois. She was pretty sure she never mentioned Alois to him so she was confused. "Alois? What do you mean?" She asked as she already had hoped she would never have to talk to Jack about Alois. It could bring agruements between them and between Jack and Alois if they ever met.

Jack frowned. "You know who i am talking about. Alois Estler. 5th year. He dated my cousin for a while. I never got around to meeting him. Some rumours said that you were with him a few days ago. I don't normally listen to rumours, but i would like you to answer me truthfully please." He said, his eyebrows still furrowed together in a frown. He was confused as to why she didn't seem to know what he was talking about. Either that or she didn't want to talk about him. If this was the case, he would go and find Alois himself and talk to him. Gwen was his girlfriend now and Jack wanted to know who the other guys she knew were and what relationships they had. He felt protective over her and as these thoughts flickered through his mind, red sparks shot out of his wand onto the floor, a new set for each bad thought.

Gwen nodded to what he was saying, she hadn't realized people would talk about them. "Alois...he is my friend, yes. Sleeps alot in classes. Has an annoying smirk and isn't the best runner around. Your cousin? Well I mean I don't know much about him. You aren't jealous are you? I mean it was after we met. And he and I slept together that night. Behind that statue in the dorm hall, he has a cousin who's going to be a first year. And I love you," she blurted out all at once. Everything came out and she didn't even meant for most of the thigns she said to come out. Her fork was down on the plate as she watch Jack for his reaction once he gathered all she said, she was already turning pink.

Jack smiled as she began to speak, but it soon turned into a frown. "You slept together? Behind the statue?" He asked, his eyebrows raised. He guessed what she meant, but still, he needed to confirm it back. "Don't worry, i love you too, but i just want to be clear on some facts." He said, smiling faintly. He put his hand on hers and gave it a quick squeeze. He didn't want her to feel bad or upset if anything had happened. He would personally make sure that Alois' life was a living hell if he upset Gwen. "What is your relationship like then?" He asked, his tone casual again, just desperate to get to the bottom of the situation. He felt jealous of this guy, who seemed to have gained Gwen's trust. He wouldn't admit it, but he had the feeling that Alois wouldn't be a friend until he had given an explanation for everything that happened.

Gwen felt like hitting herself when she realized he caught on the things she hadn't meant to say. "Well I slept, he stayed awake, and I was basically on top of him, well sort of," she said still slightly mad that Alois had said he would sleep but never did, instead he sat there and thought about things. Her trust in him had been betrayed as well as her personal alone time when she invited him to go running with her. "Um, I don't know. He said he felt like I was his best friend, and I said we'd be best friends forever or something. He treats me like how he treats his cousin, which isn't a bad thing I guess," she told Jack unsure of how her new boyfriend would take all of this. Gwen lost her appetite and sat there playing with the fork in her hand.

Jack didn't smile yet still. "You were basically on top of him?" He repeated, getting even more annoyed with this guy he hardly knew. He had guessed that they would probably get on quite well, but after these things that he was hearing, he suddenly wasn't so sure. He frowned at the words of best friends, thinking that this guy might be a kind of loner if his best friends happened to be people that he had only just met. He noticed that Gwen had seemed to have lost her appetite for the moment and he sighed, realising that he was the cause of it all. "Sorry, i will stop talking and pestering you. I think i will.... meet this guy sometime now." He said, his jaw tensing slightly. His hand around his wand flexed tightly around his wand, automatically.

Gwen held her head in shame when he repeated what she said back to her. She knew she shouldn't have said it but he was making her slightly nervous and things just popped out of her mouth. "That came out wrong, I know," she said with a shake of her head but didn't try to explain the way she had slept on Alois. They were friends afterall it wasn't suppose to mean anything though to others it would've seemed so. Looking down towards Jack's hand she frowned, she had hoped he be a different not jealous type of guy. "Jack, anything that went on with him, was before I said yes to you or planned on saying yes," she told him hoping he would take it as, because of Alois she figured out how great he was instead of the realy reason, that she was running from feelings that weren't returned by going to Jack. Hakari was the only one who knew that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back