Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
not certain
Wand
Alder Wand 13 3/4" Essence of Dragon Heartstring
Padme hadn't expected to get any roses, but still, it had been a little saddening to actually not get any. She knew that she lack the friend groups to be able to get one, but still. She had watched others, in the great hall, in between classes receive roses and she had held out for one but decided against. Padme with her siblings had decided together to not bother with roses this year for each other, but now Padme regretted that. It would be nice to get something..from anyone. She'd have accepted one from Ilija. The hufflepuff had left the school, walking the grounds and going to the cliffs, other than the forest there weren't many places where she'd be almost guaranteed alone time. And though. she knew that she maybe needed to do more and actively engage with others, there was little more disheartening than not getting a rose. Padme sat down at the cliffs edge and just stared out, she aimlessly picked at the grass and let herself just sigh. She didn't want a rose...not really, she hadn't...but she felt silly for wanting one now. Felt silly for being active upset and feeling painfully lonely now that she hadn't gotten one.

Diana wasn't bitter, she wasn't. But even she couldn't lie to herself completely. Yeah, she was sad she hadn't gotten any roses. It was an event her own sister organised, and no one had thought to send one to her. She was in her final year, should be at the top of the food chain, but nobody had sent her one. Of course she knew the roses were kind of childish, and she knew that Cole would have sent her one if he was still here, but... it still hurt, just a bit. To get away from all the rose madness, Diana made her way outside. She headed over to the cliffs, where she figured she could be by herself. But as she headed there, she realized there was another girl there. They had spoken before, and it hadn't been that great. "Oh. It's you." Diana said, frowning. "Don't tell me that boy made you sad again."

Padme looked up in surprise at the voice, not realising she hadn’t been alone. She wondered for a short moment how long the girl had been there but what did it matter, Padme had just be sitting. It was once the girl had made her comment that Padme realised who she was. The girl from the Owlery...She gave a little smile and shook her head, ”No, we broke up,” she replied, ”It’s dumb though,” she didn’t actually want to tell her why she was sad, or why she looked upset but she didn’t actually want her to think it was because of that boy. ”I didn’t get any roses, and like I didn’t want any, but I dunno,” she finished knowing her cheeks held a deep blush and she was lightly picking at the grass beside her. She given far more information that she might’ve otherwise wanted to and it was definitely too late to take it back.

Diana let out a small snort as the girl said they had broken up. No surprise there. But what was surprising was her then explaining why she was upset, and how much Diana could relate to it. She sighed, sitting down next to her. It wasn't like she had anything better to do. "Roses are dumb." She told the girl. "It's just... sentimental crap. It doesn't matter if you didn't get any." She said, though she was mostly trying to convince herself, if she was entirely truthful. "Was there anyone in particular you wanted one from? Or are you just sad you got none?" She asked her, knowing her question was rather blunt. "I didn't get any either." She admitted.

Padme gave a little huff laugh of agreement. ”I know, objectively I’m with you on this. It’s sentimental, it puts pressure on everyone, forces conversations,” she trailed off. She thought the question which followed was pretty blunt but she shook her head. ”I guess just sad I got none,” she replied honestly, ”Maybe it’s more i’m sad I’ve been left out. Like it’s just watching everyone else get roses, watching the rose givers. Its just sad to not get one, and not feel the same things they do, even if I think it’s completely rubbish, that roses are overrated and pointless,” Padme answered. She wondered if the girl felt the same, to also get no roses. ”Are you upset about not getting any roses?”

Diana nodded as the girl went on to agree with her, naming reasons why the rose event was bad. But then she said she was sad she didn't get any despite knowing all that, and it was something Diana could relate to a bit. She sighed. "It doesn't mean anything." She said, still partly trying to convince herself. "All it means is that the people who care about you are too cool for the dumb rose event." She told her, which was what she had been telling herself. Though she knew it wasn't entirely the case for her. Her own sister organized it, after all. "I'm not upset." She told her. Then thought about it. "Maybe... I was a bit disappointed, but not enough to be actually upset." She said, telling her a bit more of the truth than she initially wanted to.

Padme looked at the Diana as she seemed to say something that did make her feel a bit better. She knew it wasn’t really true but it did make her feel better about it. She gave a little nod and a little smile. ”Roses are dumb. I’m Padme by the way” she said. She knew it wasn’t a particularly good point and it was something they’d both covered already. ”Do you have plans for the dance?” padme had to imagine that a beautiful older student like her would likely have a date or have plans for it. Padme didn’t really have plans for it yet, but there was still time for that to change. She didn’t think it would change but it was possibly going to change. She would still go, there was no reason to not go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back