OOC First Name
Verity
Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Single (Not Looking)
Wand
Curved 8 Inch Unyielding Ash Wand with Kelpie Hair Core
Morrie hated receiving those roses, but she’d grudgingly decided to attend the Valentine’s dance anyway. Stepping into the hall, she immediately regretted her decision. The slow music, the balloons, lacy decour, and the overwhelming presence of roses were all horrible. Standing next to the entrance with her arms folded and a scowl plastered on her face, Morrie's primary instinct was to leave as soon as possible. The whole scene felt suffocating and insipid, and Morrie was not in the mood, nor would she ever be in the mood. She'd just arrived but already decided that it was time to leave.

Vanity was incredibly frustrated. She had accidentally packed the wrong dress for the dance over break, packing the one she had worn for the yule ball again instead of a different one. That meant she was now at the dance in the same dress as last time, which was mortifying. She just hoped no one would notice. It was a pretty dress, at least, but Vanity couldn't help feeling frustrated about the whole thing. She grabbed herself a drink and then noticed Morrie, scowling as usual, standing near the entrance. Vanity approached her. "Did you get my rose?" She asked.

Last edited:
Morrie was just about to leave when Vanity approached her. Glancing around to make sure no one of significance was within earshot, she gave a small nod. "I did," she said, excited by the proposition, though she had her doubts about partnering with someone like Vanity. "But how do I know I can trust you? If we're going to do this, I need some sort of assurance. I'd want an Unbreakable Vow," Morrie said, her eyes narrowing. "Or... just a really big promise," she added, her bravado wavering slightly as she realised she didn't actually know how to perform an Unbreakable Vow or have a complete understanding of exactly what they were other than stating the obvious.

Vanity blew a strand of hair out of her face and sighed when Morrie said she didn't trust her, she understood but it was still annoying. "Everyone knows I hate June, I wouldn't lie about that." She said with a shrug. "Besides, I'm trusting you, aren't I?" Vanity thought about it for a moment, she was pretty sure neither of them knew how to make an Unbreakable Vow, but it did sound nice and dramatic. She held out her hand. "A really big promise," she agreed. "We're taking her down."

Morrie narrowed her eyes, sizing Vanity up. She couldn't deny the logic since everyone did know Vanity hated June more than most. With a sigh, she relented a bit. "Fair point. I guess." She glanced around one more time to make sure no one was eavesdropping before taking Vanity's outstretched hand. "Alright, a really big unbreakable promise." she said, her grip firm and serious, she spoke quietly, "If we're going to do this properly, we'll need to build some intel to find out what she wants and who her friends are."

Vanity smiled and nodded as she shook Morrie's hand. "She's so awful, she delivered a rose to me and she had torn off all the petals, like... who does that?" She asked, eager to complain about the older Slytherin. She snorted at Morrie's words. "Friends? She has no friends at least, not in Slytherin. She used to hang out with this girl but she transferred. I bet she considers Professor Castillo her BFF now." She said derisively. "And what she wants is probably to be the best at school or something, my guess is she's gunning for head girl. Or a most points record or something." Vanity said, rolling her eyes.

A small smirk slipped through Morrie's lips at the thought of June delivering a rose without petals. It was definitely something Morrie could see herself doing. But she quickly neutralised her expression, focusing on the task at hand. "Eye for an eye? Maybe you should tear the hair off her head," Morrie suggested darkly, though a better idea came to her after Vanity gave her context.

"Castillo!" She said a little too loudly, before remembering that this was a private conversation and lowered her voice again so that anyone nearby wouldn't hear, "That's it," Morrie continued, gleaming with excitement. "We need to get her in trouble with him. If she wants to be the best and get on his good side, we'll have to make sure the opposite happens. Let's hit her where it hurts. Any ideas how we can make this happen?"

Last edited:
Vanity narrowed her eyes when she thought she saw Morrie smiling at what June had done, but she felt reassured when Morrie suggested tearing the hair of her head. Vanity giggled, it was a little violent but definitely in the right spirit. "We could sneak into her dorm and cut it in the night..." She mused out loud.

Vanity jumped when Morrie nearly yelled Professor Castillo's name, wondering for a moment if he was nearby and could overhear her. But as the girl kept on talking, she grinned. Morrie had a point. "That's a good idea." She said, already glad she had asked Morrie for help. "Simply tattling won't be enough though, he has to catch her in the act. She's like a completely different person around him." She scrunched up her nose as she thought. "She doesn't hold back with either of us, she's happy to insult us when she thinks no one is listening... maybe one of us acts as bait and the other gets Castillo so he hears her?"

Morrie was somewhat surprised that the hair cutting idea was even being considered. She'd quite like to circle back to that one if their other plans failed. Morrie listened thoughtfully. "It'll be tough. June isn't daft, and Castillo... well, he isn't exactly inconspicuous," she said, trying to find the right words. "I mean, he likes to be noticed." She shook her head, thinking of other options.

"What about a disguise to look like June and framing her for something?" Morrie suggested. She was confident that between the two of them that they'd come up with something brilliant. "I mean, if all else fails, we can always cut her hair off."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back