Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Gay
Wand
Curved 9 1/2 Inch Unyielding Mahogany Wand with Fairy Wing Core
Elvira was having a tough time in her fourth year. She loved no longer being one of the younger students at the school, and she loved being part of the quidditch team now even if it was just as an alternate, but planning her homework was harder than she had expected. It turned out that not writing down assignments under the assumption that she would remember it wasn't very smart. She needed to ask a classmate what the History assignment for next week was, and wandered the corridors looking for a familiar face. She grinned when she spotted a girl she knew was in her classes. "Hey, Cassiopeia!" She shouted as she bounded over and threw an arm around the girl's shoulders. "Could you help me out, please?" She asked, batting her eyelashes at the girl in an exaggerated fashion. "I forgot what we had to do for history, please tell me? I'll give you a cookie for it." She said, letting go of her to rummage through her bag. The two weren't really close, but Elvira was a very open person and considered all her classmates friends-to-be. Sometimes she didn't take other's comfort levels into account as much, but she never meant to make anyone upset with her familiarity.

It was a clear afternoon when Cassi strode down the corridors on her way to the library with her nose in the books. Since there weren't many students in the corridors at that time, she was not worried about getting bumped while she walking. Ever a shy girl, she was more comfortable walking alone and she already knew what times she could do that. She was already done with her homework and wanted to spend her free time in the library with a good book.

Suddenly, she heard a shout which she half registered to be actually her name and before she could turn to see who it was, she already an arm around her shoulders. She instinctively froze as she looked into a pair of bright, cheery yet friendly eyes, batting their eyelashes at her. She was rambling about history and just as she was about to shrug her arm off of her, the girl already did to rummage her bag. Cassi was speechless as she looked on the girl. Cassi knew her since they were classmates. In fact, she knew all her classmates but was uncomfortable around them. She just stood there as she looked at her classmate, Elvira Rojas, continued rummaging for something in her bag.

Elvira stopped rummaging through her bag when the other girl said... nothing. At all. She looked up at Cassi and blinked. "Hello?" She asked her, releasing one hand to wave at her. "Do you know? Do you want the cookie or not?" Elvira would definitely prefer to keep it herself, but it had seemed like fair payment to the girl if she helped her out. Only if she helped her out, though.

After rummaging for a bit more, she found the cookie and pulled it out triumphantly. She grinned at the other girl. "I bet you know it, you're quiet and quiet people are smart and pay attention in class, right?" It seemed like good logic to her. Then she realized she had never really heard the other girl talk much, and she paused. "You can talk, right?" She asked her curiously, tilting her head to the side as she considered this new possibility. But she was sure she had heard the girl say something at some point. Right? "I didn't get your name wrong, did I? Are you too embarrassed to correct me?" She asked, listing another possibility for the girl's silence.

Cassi was still standing there as Elvira rummaged through her bag until she found a cookie. The girl offered it to her while waving her hand in front of her. She was ranting about her being smart in class and ended up with a question as to whether she got Cassi's name wrong. When there was a moment of silence, Cassi grabbed this opportunity to finally speak up, her soft voice just audible to both of them. "I can talk. And you got my name correct.", she sometimes could not help answering her. Looking at the cookie in the girl's hand, she was racking her brains as to why her classmate was looking for the snack and giving it to her. When she finally remembered, "History, right. But why ask me?",she wondered out loud. Elvira was like one of the popular girls, friendly and all that. Surely, she had many other friends who could help her out. Another thing was, Cassi was too quiet to be noticed, let alone her name be known to other students.

When the other girl finally spoke it was so soft that Elvira wondered if she had simply missed it earlier. But no, the girl's mouth definitely hadn't moved. She smiled when the girl said she had gotten her name correct, and she was glad she hadn't actually offended a girl that couldn't talk. She blinked when Cassiopeia asked her why she asked her. Hadn't she explained it well? "Well, you know the answer, right? That's why I asked you." She said with a smile. "Unless you're busy? I didn't mean to be a bother or anything." She said with a shrug. Cassi was confusing her, as she had no idea why the other girl would be surprised Elvira asked her about homework. Sure, the two had never really talked but they had been in the same classes for years, and Elvira knew the girl's name at least. She wasn't actually sure if Cassiopeia was any good at history, but she tended to assume people that were quiet and shy were also good at achieving high grades. "If I'm bothering you I can find someone else." She offered, unsure of what to think.

Cassi did not want to offend Elvira so she shook her head and managed a shy smile. Elvira was popular girl, being friendly and part of the Quidditch team. Cassi was enthusiastic of the sport although others may not see her as that. After all, she was always the quiet one in class. Elvira and she shared the same classes and, although, history seemed complicated, Cassi was confident she could pass the class. When Elvira thought she was bothering Cassi, she shook her head again for the second time,"No, you are not bothering me. It's just that you were the first person to really approach me and go beyond a mere greeting.", she admitted shyly.

Elvira found it hard to stand still, so even as she talked to the other girl she was bouncing on the balls of her feet as she waited for Cassiopeia to respond. Cassi was kind of odd, as she was a really pretty and nice girl but she never really seemed to talk to anyone. Elvira knew not everyone was as outgoing as she was, but it was hard for her to understand why anyone would be so shy and quiet. Still, she saw a potential friend in the girl. "Surely I can't be the very first." She said with a small frown. "If I am, I'll talk some sense into our classmates. You're nice, at least, I think so." She paused, thinking back. "Huh, I guess we really haven't talked much before. I wonder why," she shrugged. "Will you root for the team this year?" She asked, changing the subject abruptly.

Cassi admired how Elvira carry herself. She was confident and was never shy even when the girl was around someone Elvira did not know personally. Cassi was the complete opposite.When Elvira said that the alternate seeker might not be the first person to talk to her, Cassi nodded her head in confirmation. "Yes, you are.", she replied, her voice more steady than before. Somehow, talking to her classmate made Cassi became more comfortable and not shy anymore around Elvira. When Elvira commented on them not talking much and shrugging at that, Cassi just mirrored the shrug since she was at loss at what to reply.

Suddenly, Elvira mentioned Quidditch, asking Cassi whether she would root for the team. Little did the girl know, Cassi has been watching the team play ever since she arrived to Beauxbatons. "Well," she toyed with her hair,"I have always rooted for the team ever since.", she finally admitted. The shy girl knew Quidditch by heart and even practiced during the holidays but never tried for the team.

Elvira wondered why she hadn't talked to Cassiopeia much before, though to be fair the other girl didn't really invite conversation either. She would chat to Celine about this, as she hoped they would be able to sort of take the quiet girl under their wing. Though she wasn't sure how good she would be at that. Hearing that Cassi rooted for their team made her happy, and she cheerfully offered the girl a high five. "That's awesome! Do you fly too? Will you try out next year? Like, half the team is graduating, so we can use some newbies." She said happily, thinking it would help Cassi get out of her shell. The team was a good way to make friends, even though Elvira hadn't really made many friends herself yet. Most of the students on the team were older than her, and she spent most of her time with Celine. She should definitely broaden her horizons and befriend more people. Cassi was a good example of this. "It's okay if you just root for us too, though. But playing is really fun! I'm the alternate seeker, so I've only been able to play in practices."

Cassi grew comfortable at each passing minute that she spent with Elvira. She even laughed when the other girl offered her a high five which she responded cheerfully.Asked if she ever flew,Cassi nodded timidly as she replied,"I flew but never had the guts to try out for the team. Do you think I should?",asking for Elvira's opinion. Since the girl was in the team,she knew if trying out would be a good idea.

Cassi noticed that they had been standing in the corridor for a long time and it was uncomfortable having a chat with a new friend while standing. She spotted a bench a few meters away and acting on instinct,she pulled the other girl's hand as she made her way to the bench.They took a seat side by side which made Cassi feel pleased. After 4 years in Beaucbatons,she had finally made a friend.

Elvira was glad Cassi returned her high five, feeling like she was actually bonding with the quiet girl. As the girl admitted she flew sometimes but hadn't dared to try out for the team, Elvira gasped. "You should! Totally, worst that could happen is you become an alternate. Which is what I am, and you still get to practice and be part of the team and everything." She said eagerly. "It's a lot of fun. I promise."

She was surprised when Cassiopeia took her hand and pulled her over to a nearby bench. But she grinned and went with it, as it was a pretty ogo idea. Standing around lke that was making her tired, and she hadn't even seen the bench. She sat down next to her and grinned at her, feeling like this was the start of a friendship for sure.

OOCOut of Character:
Since the year is over, this seems like a good place to end ^_^

OOCOut of Character:
We should definitely start a new one. Maybe Elvira and Cassi are flying out together then other students can join in. What do you think?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back