OOC First Name
Kaye
Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
Wand
Curved 12 1/2 Inch Sturdy Beech Wand with Hippogriff Feather Core
Hattie had been enjoying herself since graduating Hogwarts. She had certainly learnt a lot more out of school than she ever did inside it, and she was still having plenty of fun too. It was nice living with Sam. The pair of them got along really well, and even though she missed her father sometimes, she still kept in close contact with him too. Hattie promised herself she would still keep in contact with everyone, and one person that she hadn't spoken to in a while was Minnie, which made Hattie a little upset. Minnie was one of her first friends at Hogwarts and someone that stood by her throughout almost her whole time there, so she really wanted to see how she was going. The girl was quick to send her a letter when she thought of it, inviting Minnie to a cafe nearby the apartment that she lived in. She hoped Minnie wouldn't be too busy to join her as she made her way there on foot. The bell sounded as she entered, and she took a seat at one of the booths, ordering herself a green tea as she waited for her friend to arrive.

Minnie was beginning to think that she wasn't very good at time management. She had a regular amount of hours and yet there never appeared to be enough in the day for her to be able to do all of her work, she was pulling the longest shifts and taking the least amount of breaks. It was just easy to fall into old patterns but god was it tiring. It was so welcome then when she'd gotten the note from Hattie to go for coffee. She'd agreed to it quickly, eager to see one of her friends and for a reason to take a break. Minnie made sure she looked presentable, wearing an smart casual outfit and then went to the cafe, following the instructions and then spotted the place and when she stepped inside and spotted Hattie, she gave her friend a wave and went to sit down, ordering a coffee quickly. "Thanks for inviting me out," Minnie said, "It's so good to see you,"

Hattie smiled when she finally spotted her friend. She didn't look too much different from a couple of years ago, which was lucky as Hattie was easily able to recognise her. "Of course!" she exclaimed when Minnie thanked her for inviting her. "It's good to see you too. I haven't seen you in a while. Have you been up to much?" Hattie wondered where Minnie was now and if she was already on the path to where she wanted to be. All she wanted was the best for her friends, especially the ones who meant the most to her.

Minnie hadn't seen Hattie since graduation and though it wasn't all that long ago, she had been worried that she would have changed a lot since then. But it wasn't, Hattie was familiar and welcome. She smiled in agreement, "Work, that's really all I do, work and spend time with Eric," she of course lived with him and his family and there had been all that drama with it, but that wasn't for her to talk about or say anything about. Minnie knew Eric wouldn't appreciateher telling others about what was going on with him. "What about you?"

Hattie smiled as Minnie mentioned her boyfriend. She had never really spoken to Eric, but supposed he was nice enough if Minnie had his approval. They seemed good together, and Hattie was happy for her friend. "Oh that's nice. It's good you guys are still making time for each other." she said, before taking a sip of her green tea. Hattie and Ethan were both busy as well, and the woman learnt that time was definitely precious when it came to relationships. "I'm seeing a guy too. His name is Ethan. It's complicated actually. He's Sam's cousin, and I'm living with Sam. But Sam is good with it. She's quite encouraging, actually." Hattie was thankful for all of her friends around her. "How's work going? What do you do there exactly?" Hattie knew it was at the Ministry but wasn't sure about the specifics, and hoped Minnie would be able to talk about it with her.

Minnie gave a little smile, "We live together, at his mum's, so it isn't too difficult," she wasn't sure if she'd ever mentioned to Hattie about moving in with Eric, she hadn't talked about it a lot, not out of any shame of it but mostly a lot of people had never asked about it. She raised her eyebrow a little as Hattie said she was seeing someone. In all the time she'd known Hattie, she wasn't sure she'd ever seen her date. "Oh, that's exciting, How long have you been seeing him?" she asked politely, a little curious and mostly just keen to keep the conversation with her going. "I'm in the department of magical creatures, so a lot to do with the magical creatures that need protection, or muggles who need to unsee things," Minnie explained. "What do you do?"

Hattie nodded as Minnie clarified that her and Eric lived together. It would definitely be nice living with your partner, but Hattie and Ethan were definitely nowhere close to that stage yet, and she didn't mind. She liked that Ethan wasn't the type to rush anything, especially since dating was all very new to her. "It's only been a few months. We're taking things slow since he travels a lot." Hattie told her before taking another sip of her green tea. She listened as Minnie told her what exactly she did for work. "Oh that's nice! So you're sort of helping the world in a way then." Hattie thought it would be nice to have a job that positively impacted other people's lives. It seemed like the perfect job for her friend. "I'm currently an apprentice, making runes and learning how to cast magic on objects. It gets difficult sometimes, but I really enjoy it. And once I learn everything there is to know, maybe I could start a business or something." Hattie didn't have much planned for once she had finished, but the idea of that was exciting.

Minnie nodded, "Does he travel for work, or just because he wants to?" she knew at their younger age, that it was usually the latter, that people travelled because they wanted to see a bit of the world, but she obviouslt didn't know how old this boy was. She did think it was nice, sweet for Hattie to have found someone and be taking it nice and slow. Minnie gave a little shrug and frown at the point about her job helping the world. She thought it was giving it all too much credit, she knew she was more of a bureaucrat but she wouldn't correct her. "Oh what kind of business, like one that sells ready runes?" she thought that was more interesting. "I hadn't realised you were so interested in ancient runes," she had an interested tone, keen to know more about it, more about hattie in general. The ministry had been the only path in her mind, but perhaps there was really any option.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back