News of the Day

Sexual Orientation
Bisexual
*Set in Hogwarts Scotland

The lesson ended and Albert walked out of the classroom with his books in his arms. He noticed his best friend leaning on the wall and rolled his eyes. He'd been unable to be rid of him since deciding to take separate electives this year. He didn't think abandoning Ancient Runes for Care of Magical Creatures was going to cause issues with Caedan, but apparently he had been wrong. Because they were not in the same class and Caedan spent a lot of time in detention for behaviour, Albert didn't see him as often, which meant his friend had started to take up residence outside of his classroom whenever he got the chance.

"You know, one of these days I'm not going to be the first one out." Most of the time Caedan threw something at him, be it a ball or some wadded up paper. He hadn't done so this time, but one of these days Caedan was going to hit someone that actually wanted something done. He wasn't sure how he survived at home, Albert had met his mother and she honestly didn't seem the time to allow such behaviour in her house. Perhaps that was why he played up so much in school, his mother couldn't get to him and it was too late to punish him by the time he went home.​

Caedan yawned as he leaned against the wall of the third floor corridor. He knew that Albert had Defence Against the Dark Arts this morning, he'd secretly made a copy of his best friends timetable at the beginning of the semester and it caused Albert all manners of stress to know how he always knew where he was. Not that Caedan would ever tell, it was hilarious hearing him moan about it. Caedan tucked the letter he'd retrieved from the owlery into his pocket and looked out the window. The third floor was the most boring floor in the world. Ever since he'd stopped attending most of his classes, he'd found he had more free time on his hands then he knew what to do with and it was really only sheer luck that he had managed to avoid his head of house so far. Every time he woke up he was expecting to see a note on his bedside telling him to come for a talk, but as yet had avoided it. Maybe the professors just hadn't noticed his absence, that would be so handy.

When the class finished up, Albert was the first out the door, just as Caedan knew he would be. He grinned and rushed his friend, throwing them both into the opposite wall. He laughed as he hugged Albert before rolling off of him., "Sorry but no, I disagree. You see, there is never a day you won't be out first, you're a creature of habit, Al, you know this." He laughed to himself as he sat against the wall, crossing his legs and pulling a sherbet lemon out of his pocket, offering half to Al. "It's not my fault we don't have class together."

Linnux wasn't always up to no good, but when it came to trying to beat his best friend to the owlrt he was. The male sprinted up the stairs, and was disappointed to arrive and see his owl was empty handed. Did he and his girlfriend have a system? A system to avoid them. No matter - he needed to send something out regardless. This he attached a note with instructions for Maggie, Chaser's sister and was back on his way. He'd get the letter the following day he was sure. As Linnux made his way down he couldn't help but spot a boy he recognized rolling off his friend. "Dog pile?" He asked before sprinting toward his teammate. "My turn!" He shouted, smacking into Caedan and tackling him with all the ability the lanky eleven stone boy had. Laughing all the while of course. "Gotta work on those reflexes, Mate. Ain't no way you're going to hit a blusher like that!" He gave a laugh.

Albert sighed at his friend before huffing in annoyance (and pain!) when their huddle was joined by another boy, one on the Gryffindor Quidditch team with Caedan. Albert loved Caedan, honestly he did, but sometimes the boy was way too boisterous for Albert. Bless his soul honestly, but there was a reason Albert was not on the Quidditch team. He leaned against Caedan and took the offered sherbet lemon before it was knocked out of his hand by Majors. Luckily he didnt believe in floor germs, not with the way he'd seen the houseelves clean anyway. There was no way this castle wasn't safe to eat off of. "It's not my fault we don't have class together either!" he whined, shuffling over to make space for Caedan's other friend if he decided to join them. "Oi, Majors, I like my bestfriend in one piece thanks, he's no good to me when you bruise him!" He said, lying over Caedan protectively, a little like a puppy, poking his tongue out at the older boy. Honestly, Gryffindors were so loud.

Caedan groaned as his body was suddenly used as a soft landing mat by Linnux and he breathed in sharply to keep from letting out the hurt sound. He was tough! Nothing hurt him! Except with Linnux came rushing him into a damn wall of course. Breathing out slightly, Caedan laughed with Linnux before flipping him off. "Like you're any better, you're built like a chaser." He said, though he wasn't sure if he was saying it as an insult or not. The guy was all pointy. "I'll have you know I have the best bludger average of anyone on the pitch." Hell if he knew it was true or not, but what was Linnux gonna do, go and ask the stats nerds? He popped another sherbet lemon in his mouth, also handing a second one to Albert as he pawed all over him. Caedan rolled his eyes. "Look at him, he's a little puppy." He held out a sherbet lemon to Linnux. "You want one, they're our fave."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back