New York, Concrete Jungles What Dreams Are Made Of!

Nobody Marsters

OOC First Name
Cole
Nobody Marsters set another box down on the hardwood floor of Samuel's living room. Standing up straight, the petite woman had to catch herself on the wall, feeling slightly faint. She took a glance around the room, she was sure that was the last box. She only had three with her after all. Being on the road so much before meant that she had to cut down on her items. The sentimental things she had became smaller and smaller, and now only the ring of her ex lover and her real mother's necklace were the only items that she held close to her heart. Finally finding what she'd looked around for in the first place, Nobody crossed the room to her water bottle. Without her medication she knew she would need to keep her intake of water high to lessen the chance of passing out. After all, she had attempted to give what little gold she had to Sam, and gave the rest to pay off any debts she had - meaning this month she'd have no chance of getting her medication.

"You are in possession of a very lovely home. Very clean." She complimented, trying not to let the stark contrast of white on black injure her brown eyes. She looked back at the dark haired man whom had been a guardian angel sent to her, or at least she felt that way. Her mind drifted back to the little cafe where they had met. While it seemed for a moment to be a happy memory, she still didn't know how to thank him, which made her stomach turn. She knew that he was only doing this until she was back on her feet, but still, it was a lot for one person to do for her. The blonde slipped her grey tennis shoes off, taking a few steps into the house to look around. Her stomach growled, and she thought she could start paying him back by making him dinner. She didn't know much about the house, but the kitchen was easy enough to find, and the blonde just had to open drawers and cupboards until locating something. "Are you hungry? I have heard I am quite the cook." She offered, taking her time in admiring the humble decor. The minimalist style was right up the gypsies alley, as she was used to living with very little - made apparent by her lack of belongings.

Despite the short amount of time that passed since Sam first met Nobody, the day that he finally found a new roommate had been marked on his calendar for a while. The had anticipated this day for so long that he had tossed and turned the entirety of last night with an inability to sleep no matter hard he tried because his emotions were a mix of anticipation and excitement that was laced with anxiety which he had no idea how to hide, though when morning came he was thankful for the exhaustion caused by lack of sleep because it drowned any emotion he had long enough to make him seem some form of normal as he made small talk while helping his new found friend move her boxes into his apartment. The memory of how they met was still in the forefront of Samuel's mind in spite of how depressing the circumstances were and how little tolerance he had that morning when all he wanted was a coffee from a nearby cafe, however through it all, the twenty six year old was glad to have finally met someone he could consider living with. It was a meeting he had long awaited and so was this moving in day that was currently in progress.

After shutting the door behind him, Samuel shrugged off his jacket and placed it on a nearby hook when he glanced towards Nobody and rushed to her side when he noticed her catch herself against a wall. "I hope you're not going to faint again." He said with a tone that was unintentionally patronizing before stepping away to give her some air, which caused him to ignore her compliment completely as he watched her closely with worry she might faint again while she stepped around the rest of the apartment. So far Samuel wholeheartedly believed Nobody was a wonderful person to have by his side, because she drew so much attention away from him and to herself, however he was worried her excessive fainting would grow to be more of a burden than an asset. Of course he was willing to help her regardless how much work it could possibly take but the idea of how much effort he might exert in helping her was an overwhelming thought that he attempted to push to the back of his mind. "Told you I should have carried that box." Before he could continue ranting pointlessly about who should have carried the box, he realized Nobody had arrived at the kitchen and began searching through the drawers and later to the cabinets which forced him to once more rush to her side as his stomach lurched. He chuckled awkwardly with a sheepish grin on his face as he shut the cabinet Nobody was currently holding open and made an excuse for its emptiness. "I keep forgetting to go grocery shopping." Making up excuses had recently become a talent of his and now that he had mentioned one reason for the lack of food in his apartment he continued listing others. "I also wanted to wait until you had moved in so we could go shopping together and come home with a kitchen that is fully stocked." He stepped away from the cabinet and towards the boxes Nobody stacked in the entranceway so he could quickly change the subject and continue helping her move everything in. "Do you want me to show you to your room so you can unpack? Or do you want a short tour first?" The apartment was small enough for Nobody to find her own way around though Samuel wanted to be polite and give her an option of what she wanted to do regardless of how irrelevant it would be if she was going to live there for the next few months in the very least.

this is the worst, i'm sorry!​
<i>
</i>

Nobody gave a smile and waved Sam off. She needed her medicine, but she couldn't afford it just yet. She was sure she could make it until that point though, right? Now that she was helping Sam out around his house, she wouldn't need to worry about paying for rent for the most part. She was going to be paying for some groceries of course, and anything she needed, but it wouldn't be nearly as expensive as her time in New Zealand had been. "Sam, I will be fine. There is no need for concern. This excitement has just been quite a lot." It was true that the excitement was getting to her, but her condition did as well. She only wished she had the constant funds to buy her potion. After all, if she was able to do that, she might have a better chance of getting a normal job. She could always try here in New York, it might be easier after all. She had been told that Modeling was big in the states, but she wasn't sure if that was something she was cut out for. After all, she'd never considered herself that attractive, not like some of the girls she'd seen in the magazines. They were much younger than her too, like the Axel siblings who modeled together all the time. She'd read some articles on them, and knew she would never be cut out for something like that.

Nobody was snapped out of her thoughts when the cupboard in front of her was slammed shut. She jumped slightly, her hands pulled closely to her chest. At first there was nothing but shock in Nobody's brown eyes, but after a moment she relaxed a bit and let out a laugh that was a mix between relief and anxiety. "Oh yes, grocery shopping. I suppose that is something we should do together." She glanced around. "I would love to see my room first though. I do not have much to unpack, as you can see. I am thankful for you letting me stay here as well Sam. You are not only a good person, but a great friend." Nobody started to get emotional once more, the whole situation becoming a bit of a fairy tale to the ex-gypsy. She allowed Sam to lead her to her room and unpacked what she could. The room was quite lovely, more than she could ever ask for. She had become accustomed to living in tents as a gypsy, and in a hotel room after that. This was beyond her wildest dreams. The poor blonde needed to take a few breaths to keep herself from passing out, her heart racing faintly in her chest. Finally finished with Straightening up, Nobody walked back out to find Samuel. "I am ready for a tour if you are willing still to give one to me."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back