New year. new start

Mike Gray

Wand
Ash Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Hair from the Tail of a Male Unicorn
Mike had taken this time to chill out, already his first week back had been somewhat enjoyable. Many changes had already taken place. He was glad to see Andy back but something inside him kept niggling at him, would he still keep for Gryffindor? Or would Andy resume her old position now that she was back? Mike was informed that Honeydukes had been taken over by a Professor here, who taught CoMC. Mike had decided to take CoMC last year, and so wanted to make a good impression as so he would keep his job, eventhough he had already recieved an owl from him, saying that he still had his job. Mike wondered whether this was the same case for both Andy and Caysi.

Then there was the SDA, Mike noticed that it was more popular than last year, but would Andy want to take her position back as Vice President of the SDA Mike was more than happy to work something out with her, but Mike anxiously waited for that time to come.
Mike sat there, alone, deep in thought. He had no more lessons for the day, and his homework for HoM was done already. Mike wasnt hungry and so didnt join the others for something to eat. And so Mike sat twiddling his thmbs lost in his own thoughts.

Patricia was sat up in her dorm room, she was looking out of the window, staring at the lake. She was so happy to be back at Hogwarts, but was a bit homesick, now she was settled back in and had time to think about it. She give a deep sigh. She wasn't really alone, but she wanted to be. She felt like breaking into tears, she missed her family so much but felt bad about it. She missed her friends all through the summer, but now she was back, she had a small feeling of resentment. With all these emotions bubbling up inside of her, she made a swift exit of the common room and made her way to a place where she always came to think last year.

It was definately one of her favorite places out of the whole castle and grounds. Making her way to the lawn, she let the chilly wind hit her in the face, blowing away a few tears. She thought about her dilema on the way down the path. Seeing the lawn in front of her she started to cheer up. So much so, she had a skip in her step. She thought I'm here now. I'm happy. I love my friends to bits and I can always write to my family. She kept repeating that to herself and she was now content. She realised that she had arrived at the lawn and saw a boy sitting on his own. She was in such a good mood now, she felt like having everyone else feel like her. Making her way over to the boy she said, "Hey, mind if I join you?" she waited for an answer.

"Hi there" Mike said sheepishly. "No not att all " Mike said smiling slightly. "So I've seen you last year, so I take it your a second year?" Mike asked. "Oh the names Mike Goulding" He said extending his hand. "Haad a good few days back?" He asked her, and awiated his reply.

Patricia sat down beside the boy and returned the smile. Nodding she said, "Yes, second Hufflepuff." She said proudly, she had learned to love her house and people within it. She put her hand in his a shook it, "Nice to met you Mike. So what house are you in?" She asked. "Oh yeah, the first few days have been great. There is so many first years, it's kind of over whelming and weird. When I think back, I was like that last year." She said with a laugh.

"Third year Gryffindor" Mike said, smiling more know. "Sorry didn't catch your name" Mike said, hoping he didn't sound too cheeky. "Did you enjoy your summer" Mike asked the second year. He had seen her around before, but this was the first time they had spoke.

Isabella had been in the Slytherin common room reading the Standard Book of Spells Grade 2. It grew too hot for her liking and she was feeling restless so she decided to go out by the lake, her favorite place in Hogwarts. She remembered her first encounter at the lake with Andrew and how he almost drowned. It seemed like such a long time ago, Isabella smiled at that thought. At the time it wasn't funny, but looking back, it was certainly an adventure.

As she made her way over, she noticed Patricia sitting in the lawn talking to someone she'd never met before. Bella decided to go over to her instead and walked over to them. "Hey Pat!" Bella said, not having seen her since the end of school last time. She looked over at the boy and said "Hi, I'm Isabella Chaos."

"Hi, Mike Goulding" He said extending his hand, "Second year I take it ?" Mike asked her. Mike had seen her before, when she ceated pandemonium in the Great Hall, with dung bombs.

Isabella noticed he had extended his hand and stopped herself from rolling her eyes. She finally shook his hand and said a little coldly, "Pleasure to meet you," with a fake smile on her face. She nodded her head when he asked her if she was a second year and asked, "What year are you in?" Bella didn't know him, so she put on her usual mean girl attitude with him. If he was worthy enough, she'd loosen up. "Mind if I join you two?" she asked, mostly waiting for Patricia's answer, not his.

Patricia blushed when Mike pointed out that she hadn't gave her names, "Oppises, sorry. It's Patricia Rogers." She said with a small laugh. Patricia nodded, "Yes I had a great summer. I stayed at my friends house for a while, Kate Johnson, not sure if you know her though. And her friend joined us, Hollie Ridely, she's in Gryffindor." Patricia said as a matter-of-factly. "How was your summer?" She asked.

But before Mike could answer Patricia heard a familiar voice come from behind and say her name, turning round she saw that it was Isabella. "Hey Bella." Patricia said with a smile. She remembered the number of meetings the two girls had last year. From mutual dislike when they met in the dungeons with a pile of other people. To enemies after the epic fight yet again in the Dungeons. To friends after the North Tower. How close a friend, Patricia wasn't sure, but she was just happy to not have any enemies, especially in her year. Patricia nodded, "Yeah sure." She said patting a bit of ground beside her. "So Bella, how was your summer?" She asked.

"No I dont know Kate Johnson, but i do know Hollie" Mike said listening as Pat described her summer. "Me, well I went back to England to visit my mother" Mike said, "Just got back a few days ago, just had enough time to get my books and stuff" Mike said. Mike then listened as Pat asked Bella how her summer was.

Bella smiled as she noticed the boy knew she didn't need his approval to join and took a seat next to Patricia. She listened to the two of them describe what they did this summer as she twirled her hair absentmindely. When Pat asked her what she did this summer she smiled before answering. "I went to Aiden's home in Italy, where we hung out at the beach all the time," she said with a bright smile. Her tan was certainly noticeable still, but Bella knew it'd fade soon. "Then after that I spent a few weeks back at my home in Italy and spent some time with my half sister," Isabella rolled her eyes but smiled at the two after sharing her summer. "Oh! And I also managed to make a semi-decent dress on my spare time," she added gleefully, thinking of her extremely ordinary purple dress hanging in a garment bag, as if it were exquisite, back in her dorm closet.

Patricia smiled and laughed slightly at the simplicity of Mike's answer, but it went unnoticed as Bella started at the same time. Patricia listened to Bella recollection of her summer. Patricia was slightly jealous, how she would have loved to go on holiday but she had to stay a damp and dreary old Northern Ireland, but she did get to stay at Kates for a while. "Wow Bella, that sounds like a great summer. Unfortunately Northern Ireland cold and wet."again She said with a slight smile, there was not much else to expect from it, apart from the odd sunny day.

Patricia noticed Bella roll her eyes when she mentioned her half sister. Patricia didn't know Bella had any sibilings, but then again she didn't know her that well. "Oh didn't she start Hogwarts this year?" She said, remembering a Chaos at the Sorting Ceremony.

Isabella didn't comment on Mike's rather uneventful summer and nodded her head when Pat asked if her stupid sister started Hogwarts this year. "Yes," she muttered angrily. "She's in Gryffindor. Stupid house if you ask me, aside from Aiden and Annamarie of course," Bella replied with a hint of pity that Wendy ended up there. But it was better than her being placed in Slytherin, that would just be the worst possible scenario ever.

"Thanks" Mike said dryly, "Yes syltherin is so much better isn't it?" Mike said sarcastically raising his voice slightly.Who is she to comment on houses?Mike said to himself.

Patricia nodded, she had remembered a young girl, Chaos going into Gryffindor. Patricia listened to Isabella talk about Gryffindor in a mad light. Patricia tensed up slightly, hearing the sarcasm in Mike's voice. She knew Isabella was proud of her house, but to insult other houses in front of members of said house, it was unwise.

Shaking the tension away she said, "Look Hufflepuff is the best of all." Giving a small laugh, hoping no one would take it the wrong way. All she wanted was to make a new enemy, with someone she just met, and to fall out with Isabella, again.

Mike saw as Pat made tried to make a joke to break the tension. Every person Mike met, he would analyse them trying to learn their traits. (( Im sorry to say, I do this in RL too ;) )) Well Pat seems, light hearted and kind, so she probabky wont mean any harm, as for Isabella, she seems quite proud but a tad condesendingMike said to himself.

Isabella raised her eyebrows at Mike and was about to retaliate when Patricia interrupted them by saying Hufflepuff was best. Bella let out a chuckle and said, "We'll see about that at the end of the year then," she gave Pat a small smile to show that she meant it as friendly competition in both House Cup and Quidditch. There were certainly a lot more Slytherins this year so she hoped they would be victorious for the Cup this year.

"I know" Mike said "It'll be a tough one between Hufflepuff and Gryffindor" Mike said seeing how she would react.

Patricia relaxed back on the grass when she felt the air lift slightly. Turning to Bella she said, "Ah the end of the year. I wouldn't look forward to too much it if I was you." Patricia said with a mischievous grin.

Isabella rolled her eyes at Mike's comment. She couldn't decide which would be worse, saying she hoped Hufflepuff won, or saying nothing at all. Sure she had befriended Pat, a Hufflepuff, but one Hufflepuff friend was enough for her. Instead she directed her question to Pat, choosing to ignore Mike. "And why is that Patricia?" Isabella asked with a hint of amusement in her voice and a grin to match Pat's.

Patricia held her breath after Mike said how it would be a close one between Hufflepuff and Gryffindor, wondering what Bella would say. Patricia let out a sigh of relief when Bella turned her attention to Patricia's question. Chuckling she said, "All I'm saying is there is a lot of yellow in the Entrance Hall and we have a lot of budding flyers in Hufflepuff." She said happily, remembering the little flying session after the start of term party.

Isabella smirked and said, "Well you'll be happy to note that there seems to have been an increase in Slytherin members, and they're not all first years," she sounded happy by the last bit. "I'd like to see them in a Quidditch match against us," Bella replied with a bigger smirk.

Patricia smiled at Bella's responce, "Your not on your own." She said, "But really what is with all of the transfers this year, there seems to be so many of them." She said, having met 3 in her year already, and seening a lot more.

"Oh I would love to have a Quidditch game this year. That thing at the end of last year, didn't work out too well." She said sadly. "Are you both on your teams?" She asked, trying to let Mike feel left out.

"There seem to be lots of Slytherin transfers," she replied with the hint of a smirk. Most of them were boys, and cute boys at that, but she still thought last year's transfer Jaken Styx was the cutest of them all.

Bella frowned a little as she remembered last year's attempt at a Quidditch match and added, "Yes I hope we can play this year. I play Chaser for Slytherin," she added, the pride evident in her voice once more. Half of her wished that if Mike did play Quidditch, she could be a Beater just to send all the bludgers his way when they played against Gryffindor.

Great Mike said to himself when Bella announced she played Chaser. "I play Keeper" Mike said to them both. Mike couldnt wait to play against Slytherin, just to save the attempts Bella made on goal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back