Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Ivy
Wand
Knotted 13 1/2 Inch Flexible Fir Wand With Augurey Tail Feather Core
There was a slight sense of nerves wiggling in his stomach as Flynn stepped out onto the quidditch pitch with his brand new Nimbus 2001 in his hand. It felt strange to know the broom was his. He owned it. It wasn't borrowed from the shed to have to be out back later for someone else to use. And not to mention it had been modified as well to help with his leg, to give it some more support so he could fly without the foot slipping off anymore or the pain. Well, that was the plan, he still needed to try it out and see if that was the case and he wanted to do it before the next practice. Which was why he was out on the pitch that morning, hoping to get just a little bit of flying in to see how his new broom handled.

The upcoming match against Ravenclaw had Lucas nervous, even though he knew it was incredibly unlikely that he would even get to play. He was an alternate, and Elliot was a great seeker. It would be best for the team if he could just play. But Lucas did know that seekers were often the biggest targets on the Quidditch pitch, it wasn't completely out of the question that he might have to jump in. Lucas was feeling anxious, and decided to head to the Quidditch pitch to get some flying practice in, even if he couldn't practice with a snitch. But it seemed like he wasn't the only person to get that idea. Lucas saw another figure with a broom, and approached him curiously. It was another alternate seeker, the one who was in the Gryffindor team. "Hey," Lucas said, waving. "Flynn, right?"

He hadn't really expected anyone to be out on the pitch that early in the morning, so the sudden voice behind him was quite surprising, blinking as he turned to face whoever was approaching him. A boy he recognized from the Hufflepuff team, but not one he ever paid much attention to actually remember his name. But if he wasn't mistaken, he was pretty sure this boy was the Hufflepuff alternate seeker. "That would be me," he responded, eyes looking the older boy up and down for just a moment. Technically they were supposed to be rivals out on the pitch, so he wasn't too fond of the idea of practicing with the enemy and letting away his technique. "What you doing out here so early anyway? Thought most people would be at breakfast by now."

Lucas smiled as the boy confirmed he was Flynn, feeling honestly a bit proud he had remembered the boy's name. "I'm Lucas." He said, not expecting the other boy to know who he was, even if they were Quidditch rivals. He didn't know if anyone else watched the other team's matches as closely as Lucas did. Lucas shrugged. "I wanted to fly a bit, practice a bit for the match." He admitted. "I'll get breakfast later." He then grinned a bit. "I could ask you the same thing, you know." He then said, though he guessed the boy had a similar reason. "Do you think Gryffindor will win against Slytherin in the finale?" He then asked eagerly. He was excited about the match against Ravenclaw, but even more excited about the final match of the year. It was too bad Hufflepuff was no longer in the running for the cup, but Lucas was eager to see if Slytherin would keep its streak going or if Gryffindor would win.

Flynn simply shrugged his shoulder when the other boy introduced himself and have his name, "Okay." He didn't really care what his name was, it wasn't like he had even asked for that information or anything and it was not very likely that he was even going to remember. When it came to people, it was rare he put the effort in to actually remember people he didn't very much care about. And he supposed the explanation about why he was out on the pitch eagerly did make sense, it was not like he was the only one who liked to practice before eating, after all. "I just got a new broom so I wanted to try it out before the next practice," he knew he didn't have to explain himself, but he felt as though he might as well. But the question about beating Slytherin did have him pause for just a moment before he nodded. "Course we're going to beat them, it's about time the cup made it's home in Gryffindor tower."

Lucas noticed the somewhat lukewarm response to his name, but decided not to read too much not it. He listened as the boy explained he had just gotten a new broom, and grinned. "Wow, that's cool." he said, leaning closer to see just what kind of broom it was. "A Nimbus 2001? I read those are good!" Lucas said. "Though I don't know a lot about brooms, honestly." He admitted. "But it certainly looks good." He laughed at the boy's comment about the cup. "I admire your confidence." He said with a smile. "Wanna practice together? Or like, race?" He asked, eager to take this chance to practice with someone in the same position as him.

Of course, he was proud of his new broom and incredibly grateful that he even had it in her possession. And it was still quite a shock to him that some stranger he hadn't been the nicest person to in the first place had felt as though he deserved on. Especially with the extra work which had gone into it so it could be modified for his prosthetic leg better than a standard broom. "Yeah, it's cool," he agreed with a nod of his head. Admittedly, the confidence about their upcoming match was a bit of a front. The truth was he was absolutely terrified. But he was not about to admit that. "Sure, we can race if you want to. But sure you can keep up? This broom is supposed to be pretty fast."

Lucas smiled at Flynn as he agreed that the broom was cool, and then agreed to race with him. He laughed a little when the boy said his broom was supposed to be pretty fast, questioning if Lucas could keep up with him. Lucas shrugged with a grin. "No idea." He said. "But there's only one way to find out, right?" He then swung his leg over his broom and gave the other boy some time to do the same. "How about... three laps?" He asked, looking around the pitch to see what would be good. "Or what do you think?"

Flynn was pretty sure he was going to win this race. While he was still somewhat unfamiliar with his new broom, he was sure he would quickly get to grips with it and make this Lucas regret ever even asking for a race in the first place. "Just don't feel too bad when you end up eating my dust," he offered ever so casually with a slight grin as he finally mounted his broom, pushing off lightly from the ground so he could hover for a moment. "Three is fine," he simply agreed with a nod of his head. No complaints about the distance from him.

Lucas laughed as Flynn challenged him, hoping to beat him even more now he had said that. "You're on!" Lucas said with a grin, getting ready to fly off. He nodded as the Gryffindor agreed with the three laps, then started to count. "Alright, on three. One, two, three!" He leaned forward on his broom and shot forward, trying to pretend he was in a game and the snitch was straight ahead. Flynn might have his fancy broom, but Lucas wasn't bad. He figured he could give him a run for his money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back