New Gardens, New Trees To Conquer!

Jasmine Wolfe

OOC First Name
Lauren
Despite not getting sorted into the same house as her brother, Jasmine was coping a lot better with the seperation than she first thought she would. She still missed her brother incredibly as this was the first time that they had truly been apart since they were born and it was going to take a lot of time to get used to. However, it was some solace to Jasmine that they could spend some time together when their two houses, Slytherin and Gryffindor, shared classes and they could see each other as much as they wanted during their spare time if they wished to.

Today was one of those days where they had some free time and Jasmine and Grayson had promised to meet by the biggest tree on the Hogwarts grounds. Jazzy had got there first and while she waited for her brother to join her, she stood with her hands on her hips and gazed up at the enormous tree and smiled, "easy" she thought as she planned how she would climb it.

Bradley was still completely and utterly convinced that this magic stuff was all complete rubbish. Though there were plenty of people who had told him it was all real and he had seen some pretty crazy things during his short time in this school, he was still searching for the truth. There had to be somewhere they kept their effects to pull all these 'spells' off. Everything he had seen could be explained by normal methods, but he was struggling to find any proof to these claims. So, that particular day, he had decided he was going to take his search for the truth outside to see if he could come across anything to help him feel better about all of this. It was still odd being away from Sydney, and while his old school had been awful, it was at least normal and he didn't have to worry about trying to believe magic was real.

His feet had taken him pretty far while he was lost in thoughts, so far that he realized he didn't even know how far he had come. The Hufflepuff paused, brows knitting together slightly as he turned his head, trying to spot anything out of the ordinary. That is when he saw some girl standing in front of a tree and just... looking at it. The frown on Brad's face got a little deeper as he wandered closer, cocking his head to the side to look at her. "Is there some reason you're staring up at a tree?" He wondered, shoving his hands into his pockets as he moved in closer, "Cat stuck up there or something?"

</COLOR>
<COLOR color="black">Xavier was secretly glad that he had been sorted in the same house as his cousin, although he hoped she wouldn't keep an eye on him twenty-four seven. The eleven year old decided that since there were still a few days left before lessons started, he would explore the outdoors of the castle. He loved being outdoors. Xavier pushed his glasses back up as he felt them slipping off his nose and sighed contentedly, walking through the great lawn. His eyes scanned the area and he almost missed a familiar figure staring up at the tree, and a second person near her. Xavier smiled, deciding to make some friends while he was at it.​
"Hey," Xavier called, hoping either person heard him. They weren't exactly the same circumstances as last time, the only difference now however was that the girl wasn't hanging upside down from a tree. He glanced at the boy. "Aren't you in my house?" He asked, vaguely remembering him from his dorm the first day they arrived at Hogwarts. Xavier now wondered if it was this easy to find one person he had encountered during winter, maybe he would run into some of the other people his age from that other time.
<i></i>

Alexis sent out a letter home telling her that she had settled in just fine in Hogwarts as well as informing them of her house, Ravenclaw. She immediately received reply, of course with their residence in the same country as Hogwarts was. Not only she received a letter but also a small present - a blue cardigan with the Ravenclaw insignia. She was actually wearing it now as she was taking a stroll at the Great Lawn.

She had not gone farther when she noticed three figures up ahead. One of them was quite familiar to her and she came closer, she recognized him to be the boy who stood up with her against the mean twin,whose name she already forgot. She jogged to catch up with him and greeted him at the same time,
"Hi! Remember me? We first met at the Obsidian Harbour. I believe we had not introduced ourselves. I am Alexis. Alexis Kramer.", she held out her hand for a handshake.

Alexis also noticed the other two people with them. She gave them a friendly smile and waved,
"Hello! I'm Alexis Kramer. You can call me Lex or Lexi for convenience.",adding the last sentence with a laugh.

It hasn't been long since Athena and her brother were at the school and so far, the girl had only managed to remember her friend's name from the winter break and her brother. They were friendly, so Athena hoped she could spot one or the other considering she couldn't find her own brother - wherever he disappeared off to. She smelled in the fresh air, enjoying how grand the castle was and how many places she would find to go during her free time. Hopefully she wouldn't have to confront older kids who thought they were better than the first years.

Athena's eyes just happened to glance over to where a couple of students were, she narrowed her eyes to see who they were and her face split into a grin as she walked over to the group. "Jasmine!" She waved, hoping her friend would turn around and see her. They got sorted in the same house and Athena couldn't have been happier, because now at least she had a friend in her own house. She turned to the rest of the group, with the smile still plastered on her face. "Hey. I'm Athena." She introduced herself. She didn't miss that the one person in that group was one of the boys who she met more or less at the same time as Jasmine. The girl already forgot his name though. "So are we climbing trees, or what?"

Jasmine turned her head to address the question that was posed to her by what sounded like a boy "I'm deciding how best to climb this tree" she answered without looking at the boy. "There's no cat this time. I would love a cat though! wouldn't you?" she asked finally turning to see who had spoken to her. However, to her dismay it was the Hufflepuff boy who she had met earlier and they to say they didn't get along was an understatement. "Oh it's you" she stated matter-of-factly, she wasn't terribly pleased to see the boy. Luckily, before Jasmine had any other chance to argue with the Hufflepuff boy someone else joined their party. Jasmine recognised him from another meeting before they had all attended the school and that one hadn't gone so well either. "Xavier! Hey! You're looking good in Hufflepuff colours" she said, smiling at him. Soon enough the group was joined by another, but this time it was a girl and Jasmine grinned at her, it was nice to have another girl in the group. "Nice to meet you Alexis, I'm Jasmine. You can call me whatever you like" she grinned and returned the friendly wave. She was pleased with the new arrivals, they had helped to diffuse the tension between Jasmine and the stubborn Hufflepuff boy.

She suddenly heard her name being shouted from somewhere in the distance and it was a familiar voice so she turned around and saw her best friend Athena walking towards her. She squealed and ran forward a littl and pulled her friend into a huge hug. "Hey Athena!" she grinned "come and see who's here" she said, excitedly as she walked back to the group with her blonde friend. Jasmine nodded enthusiastically at her question "we certainly are!" this is why she loved Athena so much, they thought the same things and loved the same activities. "You guys interested?" Jasmine asked the rest of the group and looked at each one in turn wondering who the adventurous ones were.

What, did he start some sort of trend? After he arrived a bunch more people followed suit, and Bradley was not very happy with this development. He didn't like large groups of people all too much. And the situation just got worse when he realized who he had started talking to. He hadn't thought about her much since their run-in earlier, and he was not all too pleased to bump into her again. If she was looking for a lost cat, he almost wished that it was stuck up some tree, then he could sit back and laugh at her.

"Yeah, it's me," he responded rather shortly, taking a small step back and crossing his arms. There was no cat, which was a shame, but he might still be able to get some fun out of this and ruin her day. That sounded like something interesting to do, a darn sight better than climbing trees. Bradley never really saw the point in that exercise, it wasn't fun and you didn't get anything out of it except for some splinters. "I have no intentions of climbing up a tree," he eyes moved to the other's for a moment, wondering if they would be up for climbing a tree or not, "Though I might just stick around so I can laugh when someone falls and breaks their arm or something."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back