New Friend in a Nice Place

"Make sure we know the Karakia and Waiata, and on the day, don't forget the Pounamu!" Hiria replied.

"Okay, okay!" Sarah nods. "Have you ever entered the mansion?" she asks.

"No.... This will be my first time. " Hiria said.

"Maybe we should tell someone we're going." Hiria suggested , thinking Sarah might be worried.

"That would be very good." Sarah agrees at her suggestion. "Just in case, something happens to us...you know..." Sarah trails of, thinking. Just in case Hunapo attacks us!, Sarah thought. Can you use spells against ghost? Maybe not, Maybe there are spells...or nothing at all.

"Who should we tell? Our friends? A teacher?" Hiria asked.

"We can tell friends...I'm not sure with the teachers, though. You know teachers. They would do something about it that will prevent us from doing it." Sarah replies.

'Exactly what I thought! And also, should we take some food and water in case it doesn't like us at first and locks us in or something?" Hiria asked.

"Guess we should," Sarah shrugs. "I just hope it really doesn't lock us up, you know. That's too much already." She shivered. The thought of them being locked somewhere frightened her a bit. And it's a ghost they were talking, he should already have the ability to stop us from unlocking the door, Sarah thought.

"And the thing is, I don't think anyone's actually seen Hunapo itself before. It usually sends out first, to warn off intruders, the spirit of a little maori girl, even though it looks like she's a solid person. I've heard that from different people." Hiria said.

"Oh...so it'll be hard to talk to him face to face?" she asks calmly. But then, she wondered, what are we going to tell him if he warns us?.

"Probably." Hiria answered. "And if we get past the warning, and when we've done the karakia and waiata, I can say my Mihi. My Mihi is who I am, where I come from, My Maori Heritage. For instance, Ko Ngai te Rangi te Iwi. Iwi is tribe. My ancestors are from the tribe of Ngai te Rangi." Hiria added.

What, what and what? These questions echoed from Sarah's head. She didn't really know how to pronounce the words Hiria says. Then Sarah says little "Mihi." she nods. "Uh...can you please repeat? I didn't understand you well." she requests.

"Ok. Ko Ngai te Rangi te Iwi, means I am from the tribe of Ngai te Rangi." Hiria repeated.

"Well, in case it thinks i'm only pretending, it's proof." Hiria said.

"Oh...okay." she nods, understanding. "What else?" she asks. She's not really familiar with these kinds of things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back