New everything!

Kaleb grinned, "Consider it done then. Plus, I doubt that some people here understand Bulgarian. What a relief." He laughed softly. Kaleb gave her an odd look, when she said 'cute'. He did not like cute things. He was an average boy, bent on destroying cute things. Kaleb wrinkled his nose slightly, "Cute is not the word. More like...well, a much better word." He smirked at her.

Avrille raised her hand to cover her mouth as she laughed at Kaleb's reaction to her words. She then said, "Don't worry, I never said you were cute." Avrille lowered her hand and wiggled her nose to show her distaste for anything cute and fuzzy. She then returned Kaleb's smirk with a brilliant one of her own.

Kaleb laughed, feeling slightly relieved. He smiled, "Good. Because I am not cute. I am perfect." He couldn't help but laugh at his own statements. He wasn't perfect, but then again, he thought he was as perfect as can be. Kaleb thought to himself, I am too smug for my own good. He retained a laugh and replaced his smile with a smirk once more.

Avrille rolled her eyes dramatically at Kaleb's words then said sarcastically, "Sure..." She pressed her lips together thoughtfully then sighed, "You know Kal, being conceited is frowned upon." She stuck her tongue out between her teeth and bit down lightly as the corners of her lips twitched upwards to show she was playing around with him. She resumed her smirk once more as she waited for his response.

Kaleb laughed, and knew it was true. Kaleb pointed out, "But it is a great confidence builder. Besides, it's not like I really mean it. Okay...I mean a lot of it, but well..." he faded off laughed softly. Kaleb moved his hair from his face, getting slightly annoyed with it. Kaleb smirked, "I'm glad I didn't get my dad's looks. He isn't a pretty man. He used to be, but he isn't now."

Avrille shrugged her shoulders and said, "You don't need to be smug to be confident though." She smirked slightly knowing that she was quite conceited herself but she hid that a lot of the time, well at least with people she felt were worthy of her company. "Because he was in Azkaban?" Avrille asked with a smirk and then asked before Kaleb could reply to what she knew, "My adoptive aunt knows about the Styx's."

[this is before Rosaline adopts Avrille.. ]

Kaleb thought about that for a moment. He decided not to answer upon that however. He took those words to mind. Kaleb almost stopped in his tracks when he heard her say what she said. Kaleb nodded a bit, "Yeah, but that was before he changed his last name. After he was released, or broke out, he changed his name to Styx. How does she know about the Styx's? Or even the Zhefarovich's?" Asparuh had been in Azkaban, but he remained somewhat handsome, except for the deranged look of evil in his eyes, which were usually black.

Avrille shrugged her shoulders and said, "I don't know, she wont tell me, but I can only guess it's because the Zchechaf and the Mauven's live in Bulgaria." She smiled to herself then said, "She was explaining to me what Azkaban was and used your father as an example of a criminal." She shrugged her shoulders then added quickly, "No offense."

Kaleb nodded, understanding. He chuckled, "Well, that explains it. Most of my family were like, bad people even from back in the day in Bulgaria. Although I am a little surprised that your adoptive aunt did not use my grandfather though. Asparuh was a bit...okay, a lot worse, than my dad. So, I am guessing you know a few things about my dad." Kaleb knew a lot about him, obviously, just never actually seen him kill anyone. That was a good thing, right?

Avrille shrugged her shoulders and said, "I don't know, I don't really talk to Auntie Rose very much." She smiled at Kal and said, "I only know that he's your father and that he went to Azkaban, nothing more." She flashed Kal a curious smile wondering what he was thinking. "What did Asparuh do that made him worse then your father?" Avrille asked curiously. "If you don't mind me asking," she added politely.

Kaleb smiled, glad that she didn't know that Kalif was a Death Eater. Kaleb thought for a moment, then answered, "Asparuh...um, okay, he is a criminal and a pureblood at that. He cheated on my grandmother, and killed many. He abused my aunt Iulia and kidnapped his own son because he was about to be web to a half-blood. He is high on the wanted scale, and the Ministry thinks he is dead." He said everything that he summarized very quickly.

Avrille looked at Kal with shock written on her face. "Wow," was all she could say, she held her eyes wide wondering how Kal could live with that family, they sounded just awful. "He sounds.. just dreadful," she murmured distastefully, with a hint of pity in her tone. "Sorry," she mumbled in reference to her reaction. She smiled at Kal and her vibrant green eyes danced curiously.

Kaleb couldn't help but laugh, "Kalif is nothing compared to Asparuh. Good thing I haven't really met him either. And mom is an angel. So, the family might be bad, but there are some good sides at least." Kaleb gave her a reassuring smile, even though he left out a bunch of detail, including that he served Lord Voldemort since the Dark Lord had risen to power.

Avrille watched as Kal smiled and responded, his laugh proved to be contagious and her lips formed a bright smile but she quickly exchanged her smile for a smirk then she said, "I'm sure your family is nothing compared to my adoptive one." Truth be told her family was almost as bad as Kal's she didn't know this though, all she knew was what Simone, Aiden and Alphonse had told her, which wasn't much.

Kaleb nudged her gently, playfully. "Everyone's family has a history. Whether it be good or bad. Who knows? Maybe your adopted ones are like white knights." Kaleb had no idea about her family, and did not know that his was horrible from the beginning, including the ones who wound up dying young because of power and Dark Arts.

Avrille nudged Kal back with a playful smile then said sarcastically, "Right, the Zchechaf's are known for being good. They're a bunch of murderers and death eaters." She rolled her eyes gently at this then she sighed comfortably hoping that Kal wouldn't think that she was bad because of it, it wasn't her fault that her family was like this.

Kaleb cocked his head to the side. They were Death Eaters too? And murderers? Kaleb raised an eyebrow, "Wait, are you sure that you aren't talking about my family? I think I have about...five Death Eaters, but two are dead, and one kinda...faded. The other two are highly active though." Kaleb knew then that Avrille was similar to him, both descendants of an evil family. However, Kaleb's love for destruction may lead him down that very path.

Avrille giggled slightly at Kal's words then said, "I'm not too sure but my that's what my Auntie told me and my Uncle seems pretty bad, I really don't know." She shrugged her shoulders quietly though she was wondering if this could be why she liked to do bad things a lot, sure it wasn't in her blood family but she had been with this family since she was three, certainly things could rub off on someone if you lived like that for a long time.

Kaleb chuckled. He pointed out, "You should tell them that you want to know more. I demand from my parents when I want to know something. Usually, they will give it to me." He smiled at her, yet, couldn't help whether their families had some kind of relation. He doubted it though, because she did not have the changing color of eyes when one's mood changed. He would have seen them darken or lighten somehow. The grey eyes were passed down as well, but somehow, he landed with blue-grey eyes.

Avrille shrugged her shoulders and said, "I can as well, I just prefer not to talk to a lot of them, I'm not all that great with socializing." She smiled sheepishly then shrugged once and said, "I might be going to Bulgaria over Christmas and that's where the family tree is, I think I can read it there." She shrugged her shoulders slightly then grinned at Kal.

Kaleb rolled his eyes slightly, "I am forced to talk to family members. I find it slightly irritating. But boy, there are a variety of us. Anyway, I may appear like a social person...but really, I'm not. I like to find out whether they are worthy enough to talk to me. You catch my drift, Avrille?" Kaleb smiled slightly, his eyes lacking any emotion whatsoever.

Avrille smiled at Kal and said, "I understand Kal, I'm the same way." She flashed him a smirk and teased playfully, "So far.. I'd say you're getting to be worthy." She nudged him with her bony elbow softly and playfully. She let her harlequin eyes wash over others, a few people cowarded away from her, she was like an eerie porcelain doll so it was to be expected, she smirked once more, it amused her to no end though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back