Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Divorced
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Knotted 10" Unyielding Blackthorn Wand with Augurey Tail Feather Core
Kaleb had managed to escape from his mother and father while strolling through the harbor. He used his fingers to push his long hair out of his face. His lips formed a flashy smile, enough to make some drool, if the ladies were into his looks. Kaleb knew he was conceded, and he was proud of it too. Shame his father didn't look so handsome. Even Jaken looked good for a seventeen year old. Of course, Kaleb hadn't seen him in ages either.

Kaleb ran swiftly to a tree, and leaned back against it. His white shirt flowed around him, and his jeans were ripped. His appearance: a bad boy. Kaleb smirked, and could not wait to attend Hogwarts. With his father as a professor, he could get away with so much. Kaleb didn't have the pleasure of going to Durmstrang like Jaken did. However, he just wanted to learn magic and cause some havoc.

Avrille was walking down the streets of Obsidian Harbour with a smirk clear in her expression, most people believed this was her attitude but it was mainly because her lips formed a natural smirk, it was rare to see any other expression on her face. As she walked along the streets she tried to think of something to do that could bring her some amusement, unfortunately there wasn't much as all the children around her age were losers and stayed around with their parents.

Avrille rolled her eyes at the thought of parents, she didn't have any, though she did think of Tamas as her father, they were not all that close though, she knew he preferred Simone, which she believed to be quite natural, Simone was the polar opposite of herself, in appearance and in character. Simone had blond hair, blue eyes, pale skin and a dainty figure while Avrille had jet black hair and green eyes. Simone was the good girl, Avrille didn't appear to be one, though her attitude came and went.

As she walked she spotted a boy about her age run towards a tree, just to stand by it, she scoffed inwardly as she thought humorously, Well he seems like the brightest crayon in the box. In one swift up and down glance she saw that he was a bad boy, Avrille of course thought this was just appearance so she turned to walk away.

[sorry i'm still working out her character]

Kaleb glanced up at the tree branches, and using his strength, he leaped, grabbing onto one of the branches. He used his legs to swing upward, until he was finally sitting normally in the tree. His blue eyes spotted a girl. Instantly, he smiled, though it was a cold one. What would someone expect with a Death EAter dad? Kaleb did not know how to approach this girl. In his mind, he thought, Perhaps I should 'befriend' her. She is pretty enough.

Kaleb whistled for her to look, and shouted, "Hey there, pretty girl. What's up?" He tried to sound casual and friendly, but there was always that little drip of ice in his voice. Kaleb's eyes sparkled in the light. "Where are your parents?" His Bulgarian accent clung to his voice, and made it sound a bit deeper than his usual voice. Kaleb stood up in the branches, holding on to a higher one with his right hand. His left arm hung lazily by his side.

Avrille stopped walking when she heard the boy call out to her, but she didn't turn around to speak to him at first as she didn't think he was talking to her, but when he continued on asking her where her parents where she snapped her neck around, her bright green eyes staring the boy down as she stated in a bored voice, "I don't have any." She turned her body towards the boys and crossed her arms against her chest.

She barely raised her eye brow when the boy stood up on the branches of the tree. What a tool, she thought coldly. "Where are yours?" she asked then cleared her throat, trying to rid herself of the Russian accent she held, but was unable to, she had lived there for so long it was impossible to regain what had been her exotic Italian accent.

Kaleb raised his eyebrows a bit. She didn't have any? It almost caused him to feel sorry for her. Kaleb threw on a pitiful face, and said with his voice a bit concerned, "I'm sorry." Kaleb felt a bit shocked. He meant it! It was amazing for him. Kaleb leaped from the tree, and landed on his knees. The impact of the fall hurt his legs slightly. He covered his grunt with a cough. Kaleb approached the girl, and forced a smile on his face, although his eyes clearly showed blankness.

Kaleb shrugged, "I got away from them. They were separated for reasons I don't care, and well, they are catching up. I prefer to be out on my own." Kaleb laughed, but there was hardly any happiness or meaning to it. He simply did what he did, and never thought twice about it.

Avrille scoffed and rolled her eyes when the boy apologized. She simply said, "Don't apologize, apologies are for the weak and the unintelligible." When the boy jumped down from the tree, she felt an amused smirk form on her lips when she heard him grunt from the pain of landing on his knees. When he approached her and smiled she rolled her eyes again and smirked, she was not going to fake smiling, besides when she did smile it was awkward and looked wrong, like there was something wrong with her face.

"I can assume you're attending Hogwarts next year?"
she asked though her words were more of a statement then anything else. She couldn't be more pleased then to attend Durmstrang next September, there was no way she was going to go to Hogwarts, it was the lesser of all magic schools, the only good thing about it was that Simone was not there.

Kaleb shrugged and laughed softly, "That's good. I don't think I meant it anyways." He said honestly. He really did not know. Kaleb blinked and kicked the dirt, but not getting any on the girl. Kaleb heard her assume he was going to Hogwarts. He involuntarily let out a scowl. He held his head up high and answered, "Unfortunately. I would have been attending Durmstrang if mom didn't pull me out of the district. The Styx and Zhefarovich name is very popular and known there. So, I am very displeased."

Kaleb would not let on to the fact that he was happy to be with Jaken though. A trouble maker. Although, he had no idea Jaken was now a nice guy. "By the way, I'm Kaleb Styx. Pleasure, I'm sure." Kaleb's face returned to his normal, blank state, a look of pure seriousness. "And who are you?"

Avrille couldn't help but be slightly impressed that this boy was in the Styx and Zhefarovich family, she had heard stories from Simone but she hid it with a shrug and said distantly, "Avrille Grinaes." Avrille had to make an effort not to say that her surname was Mauven or Zchechaf, it just came naturally to go by those names as she had been in the family for quite some time. "Lovely to meet you," she added trying to be as polite as she could. She smirked inwardly but shrugged it off with a blank expression, showing her boredom with this situation. She didn't know of anything she could do to get away from this boy, he seemed so painfully dull, she decided that she would give it at least another ten more minutes before leaving this conversation completely.

Kaleb took in the name, and remembered it in his memories. Although, he doubted that he would see much of her, both going to the same schools. However, his charms weren't working on her, and he wondered why. Kaleb sighed, and said, "I'm bored. I should go cause some mass chaos." A wicked twinkle set in his eyes. Oh, how much he loved to cause mayhem. Pranking and things, all of the sorts, he absolutely loved. The urge was almost overpowering him. "What do you like to do, Miss Avrille?" He tried hard to pronounce her name correctly. Kaleb's mind rushed with ideas of what to do to cause some trouble.

Avrille smirked at Kaleb's words then replied, "Chaos sounds fun." She flicked her bright green eyes around then and asked, "Any ideas?" She smiled uncomfortably at the boy as she waited for a response from him. She tried to think of things that could bring some amusement, though at this time it seemed that she was out of ideas.

Kaleb smirked wickedly. This is the first girl I've met to like chaos. Wow. Kaleb thought for a moment, and threw out some ideas, "We can run around, pushing little children, or mess around in the shops, or set the animals out in that pet store." He pointed at the Magical Menagerie. "You got anything better than miy ideas?" Kaleb had never caused mischief with a girl, and he saw a potential partner in her for the holidays.

Avrille smirked at Kaleb's suggestions then said, "I like all three." Her eyes danced mischievously as she turned around to get into the Magical Menagerie. As she walked towards it she looked over to Kaleb and asked in a small voice, "Coming?" Avrille ran her fingers through her short black hair with a smirk. When she was in the pet store she smirked when she saw that the owner was in the back and didn't hear her enter.

Kaleb ran after her, and entered the pet shop. He saw the owner was in the back, and he couldn't help but feel smug about this all. He stood next to her, and asked in a low voice, so no one but her would hear, "What should be let out first? The birds or the snakes?" It didn't matter to him which were let out, as long as it was something that would make a lot of noise.

Avrille smiled and said, "How about I let out the snakes and you can let out the birds?" She wasn't going to admit that she had an extreme fear of birds. She walked over to the snake cages and opened it up carefully. She peered inside and smiled inwardly when she saw that it was not a dangerous snake, she would have set it loose anyways she just didn't want to have to waste time getting gloves to let it loose. She picked up the green snake, and smiled as it moved in her hands she stroked the snakes head gently before putting it on the ground. She then took out a lot more with both hands and setting them on the ground.

Kaleb nodded at Avrille and smiled, "No problem." He crept over to the birds, and stared at the huge owls and the other variety. He opened up all the cages, and used his hand to startle the birds, setting them loose throughout the store. He had to duck down. He saw a ton of snake slithering on the floor, and laughed silently. Without much warning, he let out the bats as well. This is like a zoo! he thought with a huge smile on his face. Never before, had he had so much fun.

When Avrille had let out all the snakes she let out all the cats with a smirk, they were mewing loudly as she did this then she walked over to the door and smirked, she quickly opened it up locked it so it could stay open as the animals left the store then walked over to toads and let them out quickly. Finally someone that appreciates mischief, she thought with a wild grin.

Kaleb rushed over to Avrille and he murmured, "Now for the final act. As soon as I yell, take off running in that direction." He pointed to the left of the store. Kaleb turned around to face the inside of the store. He yelled in a fake, frightened voice, "Everyone run! The animals are loose! The animals are loose!" He let out a wicked laugh and took off running. That should cause some chaos. I wonder if the store keeper would freak out once he or she saw the animals escaping.

Avrille nodded her head at Kaleb's words then giggled as she ran over to the left of the store. She looked over at Kaleb and smirked at all of this. She creeped out of the store, assuming that Kaleb was following her then laughed when she heard a shrill scream from inside the shop, she of course assumed that it was the shop keeper. "What next?" she asked with a bright smile at the boy.

Kaleb continued to laugh when he heard the shopkeeper scream. He stopped a few paces behind Avrille. He laughed, "That was just great. I enjoyed that so much." Kaleb though was not through with his mischievous ways. He perked his lips together, thinking of the other ideas. There were plenty of stores around. "Maybe turn tables in a random diner? That would really tick off people." He wondered if she would go that far.

She pursed her lips in thought at Kaleb's words then smiled brightly at him and said, "Sounds great." She skipped forwards acting like the young child she was, for some reason chaos always brought out the childish light in her. Avrille looked over at Kaleb and asked curiously, "Which one is the busiest in the area?" She wanted to get the most people annoyed from their chaos as possible.

Kaleb's eyes scanned the area as he walked beside her, as she skipped along. He did not think much of it. He hadn't smiled so much in so long. He thought aloud, "Not the Leaky Cauldron, because my parents are in there." He continued to look about. Finally, his blue eyes spotted the perfect place. A smirk spread across his face, "The Ice-Cream Parlor." He glanced at the girl, and then said, "Then maybe we might hit the joke shop."

Avrille nodded her head then smirked brightly and let out a small sigh as she walked towards the Ice Cream Parlor, she thought it was a little odd that people would be here still, it was getting pretty cold, though not as cold as her home in Moscow of course, she just wouldn't eat Ice Cream in the winter months so the fact that it was busy surprised her. "So Kaleb, tell me about yourself?" she asked to make conversation, because she really didn't have much to say, and she was in a good mood now.

Kaleb walked beside her toward the parlor. He heard her request that he tell a little about himself. Kaleb practically summed it up in his mind, "Well, I love chaos. I grew up in Bulgaria. My parents aren't really living together. I was partly raised by my mudblood aunt, excuse me if that word offends you, and now I'm here." Kaleb laughed softly. "And yourself?" Kaleb opened the door to the parlor, and held it open for Avrille, an instinct of his.

Avrille grinned at Kaleb's words then shrugged off the mudblood comment, she wasn't one so it didn't matter to her, in fact she made fun of those that were when she was younger. She smiled nicely when Kaleb held the door open for her and walked in as she said in a small voice, "Thank you." She bit her lip as she thought of what to say about herself and what not to. "I lived in Italy with my family up until I was three when my parents died, my older sister and I were adopted and moved to Russia with our adoptive father, my sister is now in her 6th year at Durmstrang and next year I'll be joining her." She smiled brightly then shrugged it off and mumbled under her breath, "I think that's about it." She then began flipping tables off of their legs ignoring the frustrated swears of the people that were sitting at them as she did so, though she was having trouble with it as she wasn't all that strong.

Kaleb listened to her story of her life with interest, to his amazement. "Sounds complicated. It must suck not having both parents. But hey, you were adopted though. If that counts for something." Kaleb turned over two tables, and made a snarky comeback to an angry customer, "Food has mold in it anyway." He turned over a few more, and saw that Avrille was having a bit of trouble. He laughed, "Funny we can have a normal conversation while doing this." Kaleb turned over another, and smiled in satisfaction when the drinks spilled all over the adults' robes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back